Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Nigel Farage for pm

Jump to newest

By *hirley147 OP   TV/TS
6 days ago

Blackpool

Glad nigel as won a seat at last. We so need proportional representation in this country, it's grossly unfair at the moment. Corbyn had more votes than starmer, and wS wiped out by this stupid first past the post garbage.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rsKOTCTWoman
6 days ago

Leeds

Farage..... really?! He couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery never mind manage the country.

By *ackal1Couple
6 days ago

Manchester

People really need to wake up re Farage.

I would bet good money that 95% of his supporters have no idea what Reform stand for.

Please do your homework .

Think Reece Mogg on steroids. This is a party for the very wealthy Elite not the masses.

By *otMe66Man
6 days ago

Terra Firma

"People really need to wake up re Farage.

I would bet good money that 95% of his supporters have no idea what Reform stand for.

Think Reece Mogg on steroids. This is a party for the very wealthy Elite not the masses. "

That is not exclusive to Reform voters, all voters are lacking a basic understanding of the parties they vote for.

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS
6 days ago

Dublin

The man is a scumbag.

By *oo hotCouple
6 days ago

North West

"Glad nigel as won a seat at last. We so need proportional representation in this country, it's grossly unfair at the moment. Corbyn had more votes than starmer, and wS wiped out by this stupid first past the post garbage. "

The country declined an alternative voting system in a referendum not much more than ten years ago.

Why all the renewed interest all of a sudden?

By *irldnCouple
6 days ago

Brighton

It’s going to be hilarious watching Farage actually have to do some work for a change! Unless his constituents are happy for him to keep on grifting. Don’t be surprised if he starts charging for constituency surgeries lol

By *ackal1Couple
6 days ago

Manchester

"People really need to wake up re Farage.

Think Reece Mogg on steroids. This is a party for the very wealthy Elite not the masses.

That is not exclusive to Reform voters, all voters are lacking a basic understanding of the parties they vote for."

I totally agree with you but not knowing the Labour Party or Lib Dem’s _anifesto well, is far less dangerous to society . Luckily for us .

By *ostindreamsMan
6 days ago

London

My prediction, if the Tories don't find a way to appease people who voted for Farage, he has a genuinely good chance to win the next election not with absolute majority though.

By *ackal1Couple
6 days ago

Manchester

"My prediction, if the Tories don't find a way to appease people who voted for Farage, he has a genuinely good chance to win the next election not with absolute majority though."

I truly hope you are wrong for all our sakes.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
6 days ago

Kent

"It’s going to be hilarious watching Farage actually have to do some work for a change! Unless his constituents are happy for him to keep on grifting. Don’t be surprised if he starts charging for constituency surgeries lol"

Surgeries to be held in a pub

By *ostindreamsMan
6 days ago

London

"My prediction, if the Tories don't find a way to appease people who voted for Farage, he has a genuinely good chance to win the next election not with absolute majority though.

I truly hope you are wrong for all our sakes. "

Not taking sides here. Just what I think will happen. There are two major issues people are concerned with:

1) State of economy and infrastructure

2) Immigration

Labour can't fix (1). They won't fix (2) By the time of next election, people will be pissed off with both the parties, get desparate and vote for someone radical. These are the exact sequence of events which led to the rise of Le Pen in France and AfD in Germany.

Farage knows this well and positioned himself to take advantage of this opportunity. It requires something big from the Tories or Labour to stop bleeding votes to Reform.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 days ago

golden fields

"The man is a scumbag."

So ideal candidate for PM.

Although his party of moronic policies only got five seats. Not quite enough for forming a government.

By *usybee73Man
6 days ago

in the sticks

"My prediction, if the Tories don't find a way to appease people who voted for Farage, he has a genuinely good chance to win the next election not with absolute majority though.

Not taking sides here. Just what I think will happen. There are two major issues people are concerned with:

2) Immigration

Labour can't fix (1). They won't fix (2) By the time of next election, people will be pissed off with both the parties, get desparate and vote for someone radical. These are the exact sequence of events which led to the rise of Le Pen in France and AfD in Germany.

Farage knows this well and positioned himself to take advantage of this opportunity. It requires something big from the Tories or Labour to stop bleeding votes to Reform."

Personally give it 18 months to 2 years ...

By *ackal1Couple
6 days ago

Manchester

2) Immigration

Farage knows this well and positioned himself to take advantage of this opportunity. It requires something big from the Tories or Labour to stop bleeding votes to Reform."

You may well be right sadly.

Let’s hope all the other parties start to expose Farage for who he really is.

By *uietbloke67Man
5 days ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"Glad nigel as won a seat at last. We so need proportional representation in this country, it's grossly unfair at the moment. Corbyn had more votes than starmer, and wS wiped out by this stupid first past the post garbage. "

You've been drinking yourself too long.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 days ago

nearby

I truly hope you are wrong for all our sakes. "

The biggest test for this is Labours ability on immigration

£400million pounds written off yesterday on the able dyfunct Rwanda scheme. £8million a day housing migrants continues.

And jury is out on the fate of approximately 52,000 Channel migrants in the UK who were earmarked for deportation.

The Labour _anifesto pledged to curb small boats crossing the Channel by hiring investigators and using counter-terror powers to "smash" criminal people smuggling gangs.

By *idnight RamblerMan
5 days ago

Pershore

£400million pounds written off yesterday on the able dyfunct Rwanda scheme. £8million a day housing migrants continues.

And jury is out on the fate of approximately 52,000 Channel migrants in the UK who were earmarked for deportation.

The Labour _anifesto pledged to curb small boats crossing the Channel by hiring investigators and using counter-terror powers to "smash" criminal people smuggling gangs."

It's hard to see how Labour can 'smash the gangs' when the criminal activity is outside UK jurisdiction. It's doubtful they'll get much co-operation from our esteemed neighbours in Europe. So what do we do? Sit gormlessly on our hands watching dinghies arrive daily on our beaches for another decade?

By *astandFeistyCouple
5 days ago

Bournemouth

The Labour _anifesto pledged to curb small boats crossing the Channel by hiring investigators and using counter-terror powers to "smash" criminal people smuggling gangs.

It's hard to see how Labour can 'smash the gangs' when the criminal activity is outside UK jurisdiction. It's doubtful they'll get much co-operation from our esteemed neighbours in Europe. So what do we do? Sit gormlessly on our hands watching dinghies arrive daily on our beaches for another decade?"

'Smash the gangs' goes against what they've been saying about prison sentences the last couple of days.

Let's see how it plays out.

By *ostindreamsMan
5 days ago

London

It's hard to see how Labour can 'smash the gangs' when the criminal activity is outside UK jurisdiction. It's doubtful they'll get much co-operation from our esteemed neighbours in Europe. So what do we do? Sit gormlessly on our hands watching dinghies arrive daily on our beaches for another decade?

'Smash the gangs' goes against what they've been saying about prison sentences the last couple of days.

Let's see how it plays out. "

"Smash the gangs" sounds like a slogan suspiciously similar to "Stop the boats", with words modified to keep Labour's vote base satisfied.

"Stop the boats" would imply doing something against the asylum seekers, which the labour voting middle-class progressives wouldn't like. So they came up with a slogan that sounds like they are solving this problem but without saying anything about asylum seekers and focusing on the gangs instead. Pretty sure someone is receiving a huge paycheck to come up with these slogans to satisfy each of the vote bases.

Priti Patel tried the smash the gangs tactics, even did some performative arrests which she posted on twitter. It obviously doesn't work because most of them operate from outside UK. It won't be long before the electorate sees it for what it is.

By *oxychick35Couple
5 days ago

thornaby

It's hard to see how Labour can 'smash the gangs' when the criminal activity is outside UK jurisdiction. It's doubtful they'll get much co-operation from our esteemed neighbours in Europe. So what do we do? Sit gormlessly on our hands watching dinghies arrive daily on our beaches for another decade?"

if I was a migrant in Calais now labour are in I’d cross in a bath a shed door swim armbands anything to get here

By *otMe66Man
5 days ago

Terra Firma

"Farage..... really?! He couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery never mind manage the country."

His policies might not be to your liking, however winning his seat, the numbers of votes Reform received and brexit tell me he has an ability to organise.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
5 days ago

golden fields

"Farage..... really?! He couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery never mind manage the country.

His policies might not be to your liking, however winning his seat, the numbers of votes Reform received and brexit tell me he has an ability to organise.

"

He did finally win on the 8th time of asking?

Brexit wasn't entirely his fault, but he did energise a certain element to get out and vote.

Not sure he's terrible at organising, I do agree.

Would be a fucking terrible PM though, like Boris on steroids.

By *hirley147 OP   TV/TS
5 days ago

Blackpool

The election of Keith starmer will only encourage more migration. No personality and no real _anifesto. At least corby was bald in his aims. They need proportional representation. Corbyn actually got more votes, but in the wrong places. It would have been interesting to have seen him in government with some actual real polocies to change the status quo. Glad he kept his seat as labour deselected him. He as the lowest expenses account of any mp. Commendable.

By *otMe66Man
5 days ago

Terra Firma

"Farage..... really?! He couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery never mind manage the country.

Brexit wasn't entirely his fault, but he did energise a certain element to get out and vote.

Would be a fucking terrible PM though, like Boris on steroids."

By *akHeartWoodMan
5 days ago

Crawley

We had a referendum on Proportional Representation in 2011.

Do you think we should have another one?

By *coptoCouple
5 days ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

"It’s going to be hilarious watching Farage actually have to do some work for a change!"

He managed quite well in the European Parliament without actually doing anything. Why bother to read Commission proposals, confer with your consituents back home, dissect the details in the appropriate Committee, come to a compromise with other Europeans and vote accordingly. And "I'll support you on this one to get it through, if you vote for that one which benefits the UK" is good horse trading/politics and what previous MEPS (especially the Tories, funnily enough) could do better than anybody else before people like "our Nige" just used Strasbourg and Brussels as well-paid comedy venues.

Why do any real work when you can sign in, make use of a spare office, telephones, computer etc., stand up once a month in Strasbourg to insult someone, and get paid the same salary, daily expenses, travel etc. as somedody who does care about their country and tries to make a difference.

Oh, and he doesn't complain about the nice EU pension he gets that is NOT taxable in the UK (that little gem was slipped in so that people like him, Mandelson, Kinnock etc. wouldn't be subject to double taxation).

He'll do the same thing in Westminster, turning up and signing in, attend juicy public debates with lots of gurning and groaning, criticising without having to propose or implement any realistic solutions. As for the nitty gritty of day-to-day legislation, forget it. He's a brilliant orator who can think on his feet, knows his audience and knows just what to say and doesn't need to bother with anything like that, or even fork out for political assistants or researchers.

But it's what we want, it's what we voted for.

By *akHeartWoodMan
5 days ago

Crawley

Opening a refugee processing centre in France would go a long way to dealing with the issue.

As would hiring enough people to deal with the backlog of claims that we currently have. There's no easy fix and Reforms plans are more unworkable than the ridiculous Rwanda scheme

By *irldnCouple
5 days ago

Brighton

"Opening a refugee processing centre in France would go a long way to dealing with the issue.

As would hiring enough people to deal with the backlog of claims that we currently have. There's no easy fix and Reforms plans are more unworkable than the ridiculous Rwanda scheme

"

Only going to work if France are happy to have a British facility on their sovereign territory. Might have been more open to that if we were still in the EU *sigh*

By *idnight RamblerMan
5 days ago

Pershore

Would be a fucking terrible PM though, like Boris on steroids."

Agree. If we want to get rid of Farage you have to deny him the oxygen he's feeding on. Continue to ignore the underlying issues and he'll be emboldened with God-knows-what consequences.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
5 days ago

golden fields

Agree. If we want to get rid of Farage you have to deny him the oxygen he's feeding on. Continue to ignore the underlying issues and he'll be emboldened with God-knows-what consequences."

That's why I think Labour should tackle illegal immigration. Takes away Farage's main instrument of garnering support.

By *otMe66Man
5 days ago

Terra Firma

Agree. If we want to get rid of Farage you have to deny him the oxygen he's feeding on. Continue to ignore the underlying issues and he'll be emboldened with God-knows-what consequences.

That's why I think Labour should tackle illegal immigration. Takes away Farage's main instrument of garnering support."

How are they going to do that? They can’t tackle this when their hands are tied by conventions.

If they can I would be amazed and a convert

By *eroy1000Man
5 days ago

milton keynes

That's why I think Labour should tackle illegal immigration. Takes away Farage's main instrument of garnering support.

How are they going to do that? They can’t tackle this when their hands are tied by conventions.

If they can I would be amazed and a convert"

On the plus side immigration might be an acceptable subject again instead of being classed as a deflection tactic. Unless of course Labour are also to use it as deflection.

By *ackal1Couple
5 days ago

Manchester

It’s interesting that when part of the EU we had the Dublin agreement and could if we wished send all the boat arrivals back.

Anyway taking back control eh!!

Sovereignty and all that!!

Who pushed all this ?? Oh yes some guy called Farage. You couldn’t make it up. lol

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 days ago

nearby

"

That's why I think Labour should tackle illegal immigration. Takes away Farage's main instrument of garnering support."

I don’t think they will succeed. Starmer will do his best within the law, but that will not be enough

The United Nations predicts another 1.2bn migrants will enter Europe over the next 50 years.

This week 379 arrived on uk shores in small boats

There are 32 million taxpayers in uk, parliamentary briefing paper says last year illegal Migration cost £3.96bn which if accurate, we are all paying around £124 a year /£2.25 a week to house and look after these people. We are a charitable nation.

By *AFKA HovisMan
5 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

I don’t think they will succeed. Starmer will do his best within the law, but that will not be enough

The United Nations predicts another 1.2bn migrants will enter Europe over the next 50 years.

This week 379 arrived on uk shores in small boats

There are 32 million taxpayers in uk, parliamentary briefing paper says last year illegal Migration cost £3.96bn which if accurate, we are all paying around £124 a year /£2.25 a week to house and look after these people. We are a charitable nation. "

assume that UN number is the climate change one right ?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
5 days ago

golden fields

If they can I would be amazed and a convert"

No idea. Seems like every party on the right claims they can do something about it though.

By *ggdrasil66Man
5 days ago

Saltdean

Still lots of noise re Nigel Farage, but the fact that lefties and liberals hate on him so much just adds to the appeal. I agree with the OP, it’s great to see him elected to parliament. It shows how the times are a changing. Reform will evolve over the next five years. There will be a purge, all the racist nut jobs will be removed, and replaced with good l, hard working; forward thinking candidates ready for 2029. A brand new movement is coming. Suddenly there a move away from the dogma of political correctness and towards a bright future for everyone who works hard for it. Sure there will be morons who hate Reform, hate Nigel Farage, etc. But the mistake they will continue to make, and will never stop making, is to underestimate us, and to underestimate him.

Nigel for PM 2029.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
5 days ago

golden fields

"Still lots of noise re Nigel Farage, but the fact that lefties and liberals hate on him so much just adds to the appeal. I agree with the OP, it’s great to see him elected to parliament. It shows how the times are a changing. Reform will evolve over the next five years. There will be a purge, all the racist nut jobs will be removed, and replaced with good l, hard working; forward thinking candidates ready for 2029. A brand new movement is coming. Suddenly there a move away from the dogma of political correctness and towards a bright future for everyone who works hard for it. Sure there will be morons who hate Reform, hate Nigel Farage, etc. But the mistake they will continue to make, and will never stop making, is to underestimate us, and to underestimate him.

Nigel for PM 2029."

Why is it only "morons" who oppose the politics of division, and who oppose anti-science policies, and who oppose blaming immigrants for all of societies ills?

By *AFKA HovisMan
5 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Still lots of noise re Nigel Farage, but the fact that lefties and liberals hate on him so much just adds to the appeal. I agree with the OP, it’s great to see him elected to parliament. It shows how the times are a changing. Reform will evolve over the next five years. There will be a purge, all the racist nut jobs will be removed, and replaced with good l, hard working; forward thinking candidates ready for 2029. A brand new movement is coming. Suddenly there a move away from the dogma of political correctness and towards a bright future for everyone who works hard for it. Sure there will be morons who hate Reform, hate Nigel Farage, etc. But the mistake they will continue to make, and will never stop making, is to underestimate us, and to underestimate him.

Nigel for PM 2029."

pro tip: put hard working sensible people up for election the first time round.

Especially when the morons are calling you racist. If you are proving morons right, it's not a good look.

Seriously though, it's gonna be interesting to see how he evolved this party and if they can keep up the relentless campaigning.

By *illowendMan
5 days ago

Southwold

Written off !

More like wasted by the conservatives

Don’t be an apologist for them

They failed

The Labour _anifesto pledged to curb small boats crossing the Channel by hiring investigators and using counter-terror powers to "smash" criminal people smuggling gangs."

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
5 days ago

in Lancashire

Nigel for PM 2029."

What 'racist nut jobs'..?

The way Farage and Tice were talking prior to last Thursday there weren't any, just people straight talking?

I don't hate Farage, I am concerned that his dog whistle politics only seeks to push a populist agenda as we saw with Brexit and Boris and neither of those are and were successful..

I despise his use of posters too alike those used by Goebbels's in 1930's Germany to demonise and drive hatred during the referendum in 2016..

Tbh if someone thinks me a moron for making those clear and obvious hate fuelled connections then full your boots..

By *otMe66Man
5 days ago

Terra Firma

If they can I would be amazed and a convert

On the plus side immigration might be an acceptable subject again instead of being classed as a deflection tactic. Unless of course Labour are also to use it as deflection."

Good point

By *ggdrasil66Man
5 days ago

Saltdean

Seriously there are nut jobs in every organisation, left, right, or dead centre. In 2029 Reform will have a full book of candidates, and they will have been well and truly vetted. Working class voters like me are already behind them, which is why they took votes off the Tories but not Labour on Thursday. Middle to upper class people will see the light eventually. Leftists and liberals will continue to snipe from the sidelines, but they will also continue to underestimate. Their sheer arrogance will ultimately be their undoing.

By *eroy1000Man
5 days ago

milton keynes

"It’s interesting that when part of the EU we had the Dublin agreement and could if we wished send all the boat arrivals back.

Who pushed all this ?? Oh yes some guy called Farage. You couldn’t make it up. lol "

The Dublin agreement was a two way thing and the numbers sent out were small. Also as a two way thing in the latter years the UK had to accept more people back under the scheme from other countries than it was allowed to send out

By *AFKA HovisMan
5 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Seriously there are nut jobs in every organisation, left, right, or dead centre. In 2029 Reform will have a full book of candidates, and they will have been well and truly vetted. Working class voters like me are already behind them, which is why they took votes off the Tories but not Labour on Thursday. Middle to upper class people will see the light eventually. Leftists and liberals will continue to snipe from the sidelines, but they will also continue to underestimate. Their sheer arrogance will ultimately be their undoing."
wouldn't they have the support of middle.class if they stole votes off Tories ? Or were you a Tory voter ?

5 days ago

in Lancashire

"Seriously there are nut jobs in every organisation, left, right, or dead centre. In 2029 Reform will have a full book of candidates, and they will have been well and truly vetted. Working class voters like me are already behind them, which is why they took votes off the Tories but not Labour on Thursday. Middle to upper class people will see the light eventually. Leftists and liberals will continue to snipe from the sidelines, but they will also continue to underestimate. Their sheer arrogance will ultimately be their undoing."

I think the jury is out on whether he will do what he did in the EU parliament where he didn't bother attending meetings because he was only there to ensure we left and whilst his part in that has to be acknowledged if he's not going to carry out his duties as a parliamentarian representing all in the constituency because he's building a party/company then he'll rightly be held to account..

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
5 days ago

golden fields

Do Reform have anything to offer the elements of the electorate that aren't obsessed with immigration, that know what science is, and that don't want our politicians to try to sew division?

By *mateur100Man
5 days ago

nr faversham

"Seriously there are nut jobs in every organisation, left, right, or dead centre. In 2029 Reform will have a full book of candidates, and they will have been well and truly vetted. Working class voters like me are already behind them, which is why they took votes off the Tories but not Labour on Thursday. Middle to upper class people will see the light eventually. Leftists and liberals will continue to snipe from the sidelines, but they will also continue to underestimate. Their sheer arrogance will ultimately be their undoing.

Do Reform have anything to offer the elements of the electorate that aren't obsessed with immigration, that know what science is, and that don't want our politicians to try to sew division?"

51% of 70% voted Brexit so that would suggest immigration matters to the majority of the electorate, science is open to opinion otherwise every scientist would agree on everything, all politicians look to sew division so what's your point Johnny boy

By *AFKA HovisMan
5 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Seriously there are nut jobs in every organisation, left, right, or dead centre. In 2029 Reform will have a full book of candidates, and they will have been well and truly vetted. Working class voters like me are already behind them, which is why they took votes off the Tories but not Labour on Thursday. Middle to upper class people will see the light eventually. Leftists and liberals will continue to snipe from the sidelines, but they will also continue to underestimate. Their sheer arrogance will ultimately be their undoing.

Do Reform have anything to offer the elements of the electorate that aren't obsessed with immigration, that know what science is, and that don't want our politicians to try to sew division?

51% of 70% voted Brexit so that would suggest immigration matters to the majority of the electorate, science is open to opinion otherwise every scientist would agree on everything, all politicians look to sew division so what's your point Johnny boy "

brexit wasn't *just* about immigration. It was about *sovereignty* (delivered) and saving 350m (delivered).

But in the last GE, 80pc of people chose not to vote for the party that made immigration the main thing.

Lower percentage of people than voted for SNP in Scotland... And they're claiming that has put indyref to bed !

It's important for some... But hard to say it's important for the majority...

By *ggdrasil66Man
5 days ago

Saltdean

51% of 70% voted Brexit so that would suggest immigration matters to the majority of the electorate, science is open to opinion otherwise every scientist would agree on everything, all politicians look to sew division so what's your point Johnny boy "

Immigration is an important issue, but it has been kicked into the long grass by the ruling class for decades. Hopefully, in the future we will be able to hold sensible conversations about it, and what affects it has had on our islands over time.

By *heffielderCouple
5 days ago

sheffield

If they tackled legal migration as well, maybe.. but we both know they won't do that.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
5 days ago

Gilfach

"It’s interesting that when part of the EU we had the Dublin agreement and could if we wished send all the boat arrivals back."

That wasn't how it worked

The Dublin agreement meant that if we discovered that an asylum seeker had previously applied in an EU country, we could send them back to that EU country to deal with. It didn't apply to the vast majority of asylum claimants, and it meant the the EU could send people here if they'd applied here first.

By *enAndDiscreteMan
5 days ago

Near You

I’m rather looking forward to seeing Farage come face to face with the actual realities of politics - having to sort out getting potholes fixed, dealing with crime and unemployment, not having a clue about what to do with the shuttered shops and collapsing town centre, as opposed to grandstanding on his fascist agenda and faking the fact that he’s an extremely wealthy, privately educated grifter. The people of Clacton should be ashamed of themselves to have fallen for his schtick. He WILL get found out. Just wait. A one trick political pony who’s played the system his whole life, for his own advantage. He is NOT a man of the people no matter how often he tells you that he is. Never mind, all that beer and the cigs may catch up with him.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
5 days ago

golden fields

51% of 70% voted Brexit so that would suggest immigration matters to the majority of the electorate,

"

Lots of brexit voters on here said that fear of immigrants wasn't a factor in voting leave. It was about "sovereignty", "taking back control", "sticking it to the experts" and other such nonsense.

Besides, immigration has vastly increased since Brexit. And as we're always told, you guys knew what you were voting for.

"

science is open to opinion otherwise every scientist would agree on everything,

"

Your lack of understanding of what science is, and how it works, doesn't answer the question.

"

all politicians look to sew division so what's your point Johnny boy "

Point is, Reform are the best at it.

By *ggdrasil66Man
4 days ago

Saltdean

Brexit could have delivered many opportunities for our nation to develop independent from the EU. But there were so many remoaners on both sides of the house. Hell even the speaker of the house was a stick in the spokes of progress. The deal that was eventually pushed through by Johnson wasn't and still isn’t fit for purpose. Something new has got to happen, and it will in due course. Until then, it is what it is…

By *idnight RamblerMan
4 days ago

Pershore

"Brexit could have delivered many opportunities for our nation to develop independent from the EU. But there were so many remoaners on both sides of the house. Hell even the speaker of the house was a stick in the spokes of progress. The deal that was eventually pushed through by Johnson wasn't and still isn’t fit for purpose. Something new has got to happen, and it will in due course. Until then, it is what it is…"

There was bad blood between the EU and Tories. It should be a more productive relationship now, as it should be. But we have to find the right balance between independence and just a vassal state of the EU.

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Brexit could have delivered many opportunities for our nation to develop independent from the EU. But there were so many remoaners on both sides of the house. Hell even the speaker of the house was a stick in the spokes of progress. The deal that was eventually pushed through by Johnson wasn't and still isn’t fit for purpose. Something new has got to happen, and it will in due course. Until then, it is what it is…"
what would needed to be fixed to be fit for purpose ?

By *irldnCouple
4 days ago

Brighton

I would have thought by now we had moved beyond silly name calling like “remoaners”.

4 days ago

in Lancashire

"Brexit could have delivered many opportunities for our nation to develop independent from the EU. But there were so many remoaners on both sides of the house. Hell even the speaker of the house was a stick in the spokes of progress. The deal that was eventually pushed through by Johnson wasn't and still isn’t fit for purpose. Something new has got to happen, and it will in due course. Until then, it is what it is…

I would have thought by now we had moved beyond silly name calling like “remoaners”."

Agreed..

Given the roaring success it's been so far, one might easily and with substance call those who voted to leave the delusional gullible ..

Such terms are for the past as we all have to live with what it is assuming of course that everyone who voted did so for the reason that we all wanted the best for the country..

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 days ago

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 08/07/24 10:45:22]

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 days ago

Bournemouth

"Brexit could have delivered many opportunities for our nation to develop independent from the EU. But there were so many remoaners on both sides of the house. Hell even the speaker of the house was a stick in the spokes of progress. The deal that was eventually pushed through by Johnson wasn't and still isn’t fit for purpose. Something new has got to happen, and it will in due course. Until then, it is what it is…

I would have thought by now we had moved beyond silly name calling like “remoaners”."

Agreed. Maybe we can also get away from 'racist, xenophobic, thick, delusional' etc. for Brexit supporters.

'Remoaner' is really quite timid in comparison.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 days ago

Gilfach

"I would have thought by now we had moved beyond silly name calling like “remoaners”."

You mean silly name calling like referring to Tories as "piggies with their noses in the trough"? I wonder who it was that said that.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
4 days ago

Reading

What a terrifying thought. Thankfully will never happen as we are more sane then the Americans

4 days ago

in Lancashire

"I would have thought by now we had moved beyond silly name calling like “remoaners”.

You mean silly name calling like referring to Tories as "piggies with their noses in the trough"? I wonder who it was that said that."

It's not exactly a falsehood though, granted not all but as regards the VIP cash for mates debacle such terms do seem appropriate..

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 days ago

golden fields

"I would have thought by now we had moved beyond silly name calling like “remoaners”.

You mean silly name calling like referring to Tories as "piggies with their noses in the trough"? I wonder who it was that said that."

"Remoaner" usually just refers to anyone who discusses the impact of Brexit. Usually directed at fellow forum users.

Your example refers to Conservative MPs who were lining their pockets. Presumably who aren't fab forum users.

Not really a good comparison.

By *coptoCouple
4 days ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

"assuming of course that everyone who voted did so for the reason that we all wanted the best for the country"

Actually, I voted for what I thought would be best for my three children's future...

4 days ago

in Lancashire

""assuming of course that everyone who voted did so for the reason that we all wanted the best for the country"

Actually, I voted for what I thought would be best for my three children's future..."

Are the two not entwined to a point?

By *ackal1Couple
4 days ago

Manchester

"It’s interesting that when part of the EU we had the Dublin agreement and could if we wished send all the boat arrivals back.

Who pushed all this ?? Oh yes some guy called Farage. You couldn’t make it up. lol

The Dublin agreement was a two way thing and the numbers sent out were small. Also as a two way thing in the latter years the UK had to accept more people back under the scheme from other countries than it was allowed to send out"

The Dublin agreement allowed us to refuse asylum on our grounds and send them back to France. Which if we so decided included 100% of those who arrived by small boat. Other arrivals of the larger number you mentioned were as I’ve mentioned before arrivals by plane through the UN asylum allocation system and others by getting a visitor visa and just staying.

By *ackal1Couple
4 days ago

Manchester

For those that follow the financial losses caused by Brexit I have a winner of the process to report.

Nigel Farage will be keeping his pension paid for by tax payers based on his tenure in the EU parliament where he did precisely no work for a very large salary. Yes he’s keeping the £73k per year pension he is entitled to from the age of 63.

When asked about the immoral behaviour of accepting payment his response was why should my family suffer?

Interesting how he didn’t give a fuck about the families who have lost millions due to Brexit and don’t have a nice pension to fall back on.

The guy is a grifter and people need to wake up to the fact. I’m alright Jack!

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 days ago

Gilfach

"The Dublin agreement allowed us to refuse asylum on our grounds and send them back to France. Which if we so decided included 100% of those who arrived by small boat."

No it didn't.

See postings above (and in dozens of other threads).

By *ackal1Couple
4 days ago

Manchester

"The Dublin agreement allowed us to refuse asylum on our grounds and send them back to France. Which if we so decided included 100% of those who arrived by small boat.

No it didn't.

See postings above (and in dozens of other threads)."

Yes you are correct. It was not 100% as it allowed family reunion to overrule our objections in some cases.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 days ago

Gilfach

"For those that follow the financial losses caused by Brexit I have a winner of the process to report.

Nigel Farage will be keeping his pension paid for by tax payers based on his tenure in the EU parliament ..."

That's clearly a financial gain. Farage gets some money, which he spends in the UK. The money is paid by the EU, which we no longer contribute to, so no loss to the UK. Where's the problem?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 days ago

Gilfach

"The Dublin agreement allowed us to refuse asylum on our grounds and send them back to France. Which if we so decided included 100% of those who arrived by small boat."

"No it didn't.

See postings above (and in dozens of other threads)."

"Yes you are correct. It was not 100% as it allowed family reunion to overrule our objections in some cases. "

I'm much more correct than that. The Dublin agreement did not allow us to send back asylum seekers based on the fact that they came from France. It only allowed us to send back a small number of people that had already lodged a claim in another EU country. The majority of asylum seekers made their first application here, and therefore were not subject to the Dublin rules.

By *luv2flirtCouple
4 days ago

Manchester

"For those that follow the financial losses caused by Brexit I have a winner of the process to report.

Nigel Farage will be keeping his pension paid for by tax payers based on his tenure in the EU parliament ...

That's clearly a financial gain. Farage gets some money, which he spends in the UK. The money is paid by the EU, which we no longer contribute to, so no loss to the UK. Where's the problem?"

Think you will find the pension liability costs come under the financial divorce bill so it’s U.K. taxpayers who will foot the bill for his pension.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 days ago

Gilfach

Nigel Farage will be keeping his pension paid for by tax payers based on his tenure in the EU parliament ..."

"That's clearly a financial gain. Farage gets some money, which he spends in the UK. The money is paid by the EU, which we no longer contribute to, so no loss to the UK. Where's the problem?"

"Think you will find the pension liability costs come under the financial divorce bill so it’s U.K. taxpayers who will foot the bill for his pension."

Should that be true, then it's clearly a liability that the UK took on when it was a member of the EU, and is therefore nothing to do with Brexit.

By *ackal1Couple
4 days ago

Manchester

"The Dublin agreement allowed us to refuse asylum on our grounds and send them back to France. Which if we so decided included 100% of those who arrived by small boat.

No it didn't.

See postings above (and in dozens of other threads).

Yes you are correct. It was not 100% as it allowed family reunion to overrule our objections in some cases.

I'm much more correct than that. The Dublin agreement did not allow us to send back asylum seekers based on the fact that they came from France. It only allowed us to send back a small number of people that had already lodged a claim in another EU country. The majority of asylum seekers made their first application here, and therefore were not subject to the Dublin rules."

Again you’re right which I’m happy to agree.

And there the rub. Remember when we had safe routes? Those applications were made abroad and could be refused before they set foot in the U.K.

So practical solutions showing again they always worked better than let’s close the border and sink the boats or spend hundreds of millions on Rwanda.

The ultimate point is leaving the EU and conservative policies on processing has resulted in more immigration not less.

The rabid focus on dinghies clearly distracts from the mass immigration which is out of control through our airports.

Popularism over policy.

By *luv2flirtCouple
4 days ago

Manchester

Nigel Farage will be keeping his pension paid for by tax payers based on his tenure in the EU parliament ...

That's clearly a financial gain. Farage gets some money, which he spends in the UK. The money is paid by the EU, which we no longer contribute to, so no loss to the UK. Where's the problem?

Think you will find the pension liability costs come under the financial divorce bill so it’s U.K. taxpayers who will foot the bill for his pension.

Should that be true, then it's clearly a liability that the UK took on when it was a member of the EU, and is therefore nothing to do with Brexit."

So you believe someone who reduced others income by his behaviour is morally ok to avoid taking the same pain others have endured. That’s interesting.

Yes it was not a Brexit benefit it was and is a cost to the U.K. taxpayer whom he claimed he was fighting for knowing he was always going to take their money no matter how much they lost.

As I said he’s a grifter and is only interested in his own pocket. He had no risk and now he’s added a UK MPs pension to his pot because of the misled who have voted him in.

We’re all in this together…. Not.

By *allguynowMan
4 days ago

durham

Farage is a me, me, me type of person. It's all about him. That's why he went into the jungle. Not to be trusted at all. Sir keir starmer is the complete opposite and along with his incredible, talented cabinet will turn this country around but it won't happen overnight. One things for sure the days of the pompous, self entitled, arrogant, totally clueless people like Johnson, mogg, Cameron are over and not before time.

By *ggdrasil66Man
4 days ago

Saltdean

So much concern about Nigel’s pension, got to laugh. What about Labour’s plan to tax the state pension and to raid private pension plans? Starmer is no different to any other Labour leader, he hasn’t costed anything yet, because it will be taxes, and when he can’t raise enough that way, he will go cap in hand to the world bank for loans. Borrow spend borrow spend, on and on and on!

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 days ago

Gilfach

"Remember when we had safe routes?"

No I don't, because we never have had safe routes.

We've had some special schemes, which allowed certain people from a specified country to apply for a visa to come here. But that's a standard immigration policy. It has nothing to do with asylum seekers.

"The ultimate point is leaving the EU and conservative policies on processing has resulted in more immigration not less."

You keep trying to make that point, but it still isn't true. You can blame conservative policies if you want, but leaving the EU has had no effect on the amount of people arriving here illegally.

By *ackal1Couple
4 days ago

Manchester

"So much concern about Nigel’s pension, got to laugh. What about Labour’s plan to tax the state pension and to raid private pension plans? Starmer is no different to any other Labour leader, he hasn’t costed anything yet, because it will be taxes, and when he can’t raise enough that way, he will go cap in hand to the world bank for loans. Borrow spend borrow spend, on and on and on!"

That raid was costed by Sky news. Total cost if it happened £29 per year per pensioner. Run for the hills!,

The policy to ring fence that £29 was made two weeks before the election by the Tory party as ruse to attack the Labour _anifesto and accuse them of planning to tax pensioners.

Much like the made up £2k tax hike per person.

Misleading?. I think so.

The government may raise taxes but it depends on who feels the pain. If all billionaires paid an extra 20% ( no I’m not advocating that) then you could claim it’s an average tax burden of say £5k per household but in reality only the billionaires would be paying,

It’s misleading politics at its finest just like we’re now the fourth largest exporter.

We were before Brexit but our manufacturing exports fell dropping us to 7th. The price of oil (Ukraine) and gold exports (we trade a lot of gold but it doesn’t move) raised us to fourth again but no massive number of extra jobs were created. Some in oil maybe were kept.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 days ago

Gilfach

"That's clearly a financial gain. Farage gets some money, which he spends in the UK. The money is paid by the EU, which we no longer contribute to, so no loss to the UK. Where's the problem?"

"Think you will find the pension liability costs come under the financial divorce bill so it’s U.K. taxpayers who will foot the bill for his pension."

"Should that be true, then it's clearly a liability that the UK took on when it was a member of the EU, and is therefore nothing to do with Brexit."

"So you believe someone who reduced others income by his behaviour is morally ok to avoid taking the same pain others have endured."

I don't know where you get that idea. I've said nothing of the sort.

All I've said is that Nigel's pension is not a Brexit loss.

By *ackal1Couple
4 days ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 08/07/24 16:00:26]

By *luv2flirtCouple
4 days ago

Manchester

Should that be true, then it's clearly a liability that the UK took on when it was a member of the EU, and is therefore nothing to do with Brexit.

So you believe someone who reduced others income by his behaviour is morally ok to avoid taking the same pain others have endured.

All I've said is that Nigel's pension is not a Brexit loss."

Firstly apologies for the confusion Mr Discretion. I’ve been updating our two accounts and jumping back and fourth so not a wise idea. I will stop immediately and I have to work now anyway.

My response

said it was a Brexit win which you stated it wasn’t which is correct as sadly it’s another Brexit loss.

You stated it’s a financial gain as the EU will pay. I stated they won’t which again is our loss.

I thought I’d identified a Brexit win but alas I hadn’t . A gift that keeps on giving.

My point on Farage still stands whether you agree or not is your choice and in that you are correct you did not state that. My comments were additional to the point we were discussing but I stand by them.

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

So you believe someone who reduced others income by his behaviour is morally ok to avoid taking the same pain others have endured.

All I've said is that Nigel's pension is not a Brexit loss."

it wasn't a given Britain would cover the costs. Given many were saying no divorce bill should be paid, you could argue either way.

(Imo, it's not a cost and hard brexiteers were massively over demanding / promising no bill)

By *ackal1Couple
4 days ago

Manchester

"Remember when we had safe routes?

We've had some special schemes, which allowed certain people from a specified country to apply for a visa to come here. But that's a standard immigration policy. It has nothing to do with asylum seekers.

The ultimate point is leaving the EU and conservative policies on processing has resulted in more immigration not less.

You keep trying to make that point, but it still isn't true. You can blame conservative policies if you want, but leaving the EU has had no effect on the amount of people arriving here illegally."

My last reply so not to be rude as I do have to work.

So you do agree we have had safe routes? The government policy has been to reduce those numbers of refugees processing through safe routes outside of Ukraine and increasingly Hong Kong.

Brexit brought about additional rules declaring all boat crossings were illegal as opposed to not registering was illegal as previously.

The refugee council state in this report that people will and are seeking alternatives if no safe route is available.

So my point is safe routes will reduce boat numbers by default as if you can arrive by train, plane or ferry then you will every time chose those over a dingy.

The large number of flight arrivals is government policy. This has to be addressed.

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/news/safe-routes-for-refugees-plummet-while-dangerous-channel-crossings-continue/

Personally I think we should open embassies/consuls to applications to try and stem the boats attempts and take ID and DNA as part of that process so if we decline and then they still try at least we know if we catch them where to send them back but also we can fast track useful candidates.

Ultimately the world has to make where these people come from a more stable place to live but that seems to rest in the too difficult box for politicians.

By *irldnCouple
4 days ago

Brighton

I did!

Very different I would say (and if you can’t see that then you are rather silly too).

The piggies refers to a handful of Conservative MPs and Peers who hold public office and as such should be open to scrutiny and accountable for their actions. Fair game in other words.

The c.17 million people who voted remain and the many of those who complained afterwards and ever since (but as time goes on in decreasing numbers or frequency) are clearly not remotely the same!

What a weird and impotent point to make not up to your usual standard of observation and comment.

By *irldnCouple
4 days ago

Brighton

I would have thought by now we had moved beyond silly name calling like “remoaners”.

Agreed. Maybe we can also get away from 'racist, xenophobic, thick, delusional' etc. for Brexit supporters.

'Remoaner' is really quite timid in comparison. "

Agreed. Not seen a lot of that as a general rule lately. Maybe one or two posters. You also missed “gammon”.

By *ostindreamsMan
4 days ago

London

"

Personally I think we should open embassies/consuls to applications to try and stem the boats attempts and take ID and DNA as part of that process so if we decline and then they still try at least we know if we catch them where to send them back but also we can fast track useful candidates.

"

The problem now seems to be that you can't send them back. If they arrive here, they are practically settled here. Try sending someone without any papers to a country which isn't willing to take them. Why would they take them?

By *anifestoMan
4 days ago

ferns/ dublin

Genuinely shocked at the amount of proportional representation experts on fab and on other social media in general over the last few days, who'd have thought they were in hiding this length? Not a peep out of them when Johnson won his 80 seat majority

By *irldnCouple
4 days ago

Brighton

"Genuinely shocked at the amount of proportional representation experts on fab and on other social media in general over the last few days, who'd have thought they were in hiding this length? Not a peep out of them when Johnson won his 80 seat majority"

There were plenty of peeps. There is at every GE. Anyone is entitled to an opinion. Some are well considered. Some are well informed. Some actually do know what they are talking about too! It isn’t all tits n ass on here

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Remember when we had safe routes?

You keep trying to make that point, but it still isn't true. You can blame conservative policies if you want, but leaving the EU has had no effect on the amount of people arriving here illegally.

My last reply so not to be rude as I do have to work.

So you do agree we have had safe routes? The government policy has been to reduce those numbers of refugees processing through safe routes outside of Ukraine and increasingly Hong Kong.

Brexit brought about additional rules declaring all boat crossings were illegal as opposed to not registering was illegal as previously.

The refugee council state in this report that people will and are seeking alternatives if no safe route is available.

So my point is safe routes will reduce boat numbers by default as if you can arrive by train, plane or ferry then you will every time chose those over a dingy.

The large number of flight arrivals is government policy. This has to be addressed.

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/news/safe-routes-for-refugees-plummet-while-dangerous-channel-crossings-continue/

Ultimately the world has to make where these people come from a more stable place to live but that seems to rest in the too difficult box for politicians. "

pedantic point: HK and Ukraine weren't refugee schemes.

There's limited options to proactively claim asylum in UK. Resettlement is determined by UN. You can't apply for UK. Indeed you can't apply for resettlement irrc but are selected if deemed at risk.

Not sure how the family bit works tho.

By *abioMan
4 days ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

People really need to look at farage records of what happen when he actually has the chance of forming policy power…

Case in point, when he was going on about uk fishermen getting a really bad deal under the EU, he was on the EU fishing committee forming policy…

So… of the 131 meetings of the committee, care to guess how many of the meetings Nigel farage attended???

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 days ago

Gilfach

"So you do agree we have had safe routes?"

No, I absolutely do not.

You are, in my opinion deliberately, confusing planned immigration with illegal arrivals. We have had some special planned immigration schemes that applied to certain groups, but we have never had safe routes for asylum seekers.

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 days ago

Bournemouth

'Remoaner' is really quite timid in comparison.

Agreed. Not seen a lot of that as a general rule lately. Maybe one or two posters. You also missed “gammon”."

I couldn't possibly have remembered them all

By *abioMan
4 days ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It’s going to be hilarious watching Farage actually have to do some work for a change! Unless his constituents are happy for him to keep on grifting. Don’t be surprised if he starts charging for constituency surgeries lol"

I was actually saying this to a person who voted for them.. there is zero chance he is doing constituency surgeries, it will be some junior minion who drew the short straw!

I can’t see clacton on a Friday appealing to Nigel at all

By *ackal1Couple
4 days ago

Manchester

"So you do agree we have had safe routes?

No, I absolutely do not.

You are, in my opinion deliberately, confusing planned immigration with illegal arrivals. We have had some special planned immigration schemes that applied to certain groups, but we have never had safe routes for asylum seekers."

So when the UN designated refugees for us to take we made them travel by dingy?

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"So you do agree we have had safe routes?

No, I absolutely do not.

You are, in my opinion deliberately, confusing planned immigration with illegal arrivals. We have had some special planned immigration schemes that applied to certain groups, but we have never had safe routes for asylum seekers.

So when the UN designated refugees for us to take we made them travel by dingy? "

you need to define what is meant by a safe route.

Many will deem it a route someone can follow to apply for asylum in the country they want to, without having to resort to entering illegally.

By *oo hotCouple
4 days ago

North West

Nigel for PM 2029."

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

By *ggdrasil66Man
4 days ago

Saltdean

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare"

I personally don’t agree with anything changing the NHS, let alone ‘binning it.’ If that really is to be future Reform policy, then I will be against it. But any complaint I have will be from inside the tent pissing out, not the other way round.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 days ago

golden fields

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

I personally don’t agree with anything changing the NHS, let alone ‘binning it.’ If that really is to be future Reform policy, then I will be against it. But any complaint I have will be from inside the tent pissing out, not the other way round."

Pissing out the end of the NHS doesn't sound much better.

Still some Reform policies might ebb and flow so this one might change.

I still don't see how they would attract voters who aren't terrified of immigrants, who knows what science is, and who don't want even more division and culture wars.

By *ggdrasil66Man
4 days ago

Saltdean

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

I personally don’t agree with anything changing the NHS, let alone ‘binning it.’ If that really is to be future Reform policy, then I will be against it. But any complaint I have will be from inside the tent pissing out, not the other way round.

I still don't see how they would attract voters who aren't terrified of immigrants, who knows what science is, and who don't want even more division and culture wars."

My eldest son is a scientist who works in pathology in the NHS. So I am not denying science or the NHS. I am against immigration, as it has been going on far too much for far too long. It has to stop, at least for a couple of years, as we need to work on infrastructure.

By *wosmilersCouple
4 days ago

Heathrowish

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

I still don't see how they would attract voters who aren't terrified of immigrants, who knows what science is, and who don't want even more division and culture wars.

My eldest son is a scientist who works in pathology in the NHS. So I am not denying science or the NHS. I am against immigration, as it has been going on far too much for far too long. It has to stop, at least for a couple of years, as we need to work on infrastructure."

Of course, control unnecessary immigration where migrants won't support the country. But, what's your solution to the void that would be caused in the care industry and NHS if we stopped immigration?

I cannot think of anything that we can do to remedy the shortfall if we stopped immigration, even for 2 years as you suggest.

By *ggdrasil66Man
4 days ago

Saltdean

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

My eldest son is a scientist who works in pathology in the NHS. So I am not denying science or the NHS. I am against immigration, as it has been going on far too much for far too long. It has to stop, at least for a couple of years, as we need to work on infrastructure.

Of course, control unnecessary immigration where migrants won't support the country. But, what's your solution to the void that would be caused in the care industry and NHS if we stopped immigration?

I cannot think of anything that we can do to remedy the shortfall if we stopped immigration, even for 2 years as you suggest. "

Immigration has fuelled an explosion of our population. There has to be an emergency stop button. I’m sure there are plenty here already to keep the NHS and care industry fully staffed. Once the food delivery drivers grow up and want proper jobs that is.

By *heffielderCouple
4 days ago

sheffield

"Genuinely shocked at the amount of proportional representation experts on fab and on other social media in general over the last few days, who'd have thought they were in hiding this length? Not a peep out of them when Johnson won his 80 seat majority"

Maybe because there wasn't such a disparity between vote shair and seats..

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 days ago

golden fields

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

My eldest son is a scientist who works in pathology in the NHS. So I am not denying science or the NHS. I am against immigration, as it has been going on far too much for far too long. It has to stop, at least for a couple of years, as we need to work on infrastructure."

Apologies, sorry I didn't mean to imply you were. But Reform are openly anti-science.

I don't see Reform doing anything about immigration, even if they got into power. Same as the Tories, they'd be losing their biggest vote winner. It's much better for them to continue to blame immigrants, stoke division and energise their core support. They'd be losing their biggest vote-winner.

By *anJenny 181Couple
4 days ago

Preston

Farage had trouble forming a shit let alone a government, he is a Toffee nosed agitator with zero working class credentials.

By *wosmilersCouple
4 days ago

Heathrowish

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

I cannot think of anything that we can do to remedy the shortfall if we stopped immigration, even for 2 years as you suggest.

Immigration has fuelled an explosion of our population. There has to be an emergency stop button. I’m sure there are plenty here already to keep the NHS and care industry fully staffed. Once the food delivery drivers grow up and want proper jobs that is."

You seem to forget that much of the care industry runs on minimum wage. Why would a delivery driver want to swap to a minimum wage job and why haven't they already done so? Where is your evidence that any of the 'plenty here' would be taking up those roles if they haven't already done so?

The reality is that people are attracted to the UK to fill roles in those sectors because it provides better future prospects than in their countries of birth.

People already here do not see such roles as desirable.

By *abioMan
4 days ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

Not even the leaders of reform agree with you on this one….

Are you aware that the “zero immigration” policy actually has an exclusion (or carve out if you want to call it that) for NHS and social care!!!

So “Johnny/Joanna foreigner” is good enough to care for you, but not good enough to live next to you!

By *ggdrasil66Man
3 days ago

Saltdean

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

Are you aware that the “zero immigration” policy actually has an exclusion (or carve out if you want to call it that) for NHS and social care!!!

So “Johnny/Joanna foreigner” is good enough to care for you, but not good enough to live next to you! "

The zero immigration for two years while sorting out infrastructure wasn’t my idea. It is what Nigel said during his speech at Birmingham NEC. As for the ‘carve out for NHS and social care? I’m all for it, because the NHS has to be protected at all costs, in my humble opinion, and social care is crucial for those who are unable to look after themselves.

I will not repeat the Johnny and Joanna thing you said. But my next door neighbours are a nice elderly Jewish couple who we have known for over 25 years. Never had a problem, I brought up my children here, all 5 of em:

By *oo hotCouple
3 days ago

North West

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

So “Johnny/Joanna foreigner” is good enough to care for you, but not good enough to live next to you!

The zero immigration for two years while sorting out infrastructure wasn’t my idea. It is what Nigel said during his speech at Birmingham NEC. As for the ‘carve out for NHS and social care? I’m all for it, because the NHS has to be protected at all costs, in my humble opinion, and social care is crucial for those who are unable to look after themselves.

I will not repeat the Johnny and Joanna thing you said. But my next door neighbours are a nice elderly Jewish couple who we have known for over 25 years. Never had a problem, I brought up my children here, all 5 of em:"

Did you pay to go and watch your mate Nigel speak at the NEC?

By *ggdrasil66Man
3 days ago

Saltdean

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

I will not repeat the Johnny and Joanna thing you said. But my next door neighbours are a nice elderly Jewish couple who we have known for over 25 years. Never had a problem, I brought up my children here, all 5 of em:

"

Not on that occasion, sadly I had work that day. I have membership of his Facebook page, watched the live feed on there. Zia Yusuf was also an excellent speaker on the day. Yep, Reform UK’s biggest donor is a South Asian Muslim.

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

I will not repeat the Johnny and Joanna thing you said. But my next door neighbours are a nice elderly Jewish couple who we have known for over 25 years. Never had a problem, I brought up my children here, all 5 of em:"

the carve out is the crux.

A big chunk of the worker visas are for the care sector. It's close to a half. And their _anifesto wasn't clear what essential meant.

And while stopping student dependants may be helpful, thhey tend to have less dependants. It's something like 1 in 4 ratio.

Whereas healthcare dependants make up 75pc of the workforce dependants. (Those are the ones that Farage would say "half the visas are dependants... His plan didn't seem to do anything for 75pc of them !)

The _anifesto read strong but was shaving off around the edges. Something may have been better than nothing, but I don't get the impression the something would have been what reform voters were expecting.

By *enfold75Man
3 days ago

hemel hempstead

Farage would makes great pm.

Far better than the shite that's in now

By *oxychick35Couple
3 days ago

thornaby

Even speaking about imigration gets the johnny Joanna shite on here that’s how fucking pathetic ppl are

By *uckurcumMan
3 days ago

County Durham .Bishop Auckland

Amazing how people can be fooled by a man with no moral compass ...

By *oxychick35Couple
3 days ago

thornaby

"Amazing how people can be fooled by a man with no moral compass ...

"

is there any with a moral compass

By *ifty69Man
3 days ago

north tyneside

"Farage..... really?! He couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery never mind manage the country."
took the words out of my mouth

By *ustintime69Man
3 days ago

Bristol

Nigel for PM 2029.

Bin the NHS eh?

Let’s pay for healthcare

Not on that occasion, sadly I had work that day. I have membership of his Facebook page, watched the live feed on there. Zia Yusuf was also an excellent speaker on the day. Yep, Reform UK’s biggest donor is a South Asian Muslim. "

I think it’s not that unusual for people of colour to hold views that align with politics that appear racist or fascist to many of us so not sure your mention of Yusuf makes Reform any the less fascistic! Oh and yes if you need an example of this than you need look no further than the lovely Suella Bravermann with her Rwanda dreaming!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
3 days ago

Central

This man has cost us too dearly. It's tragic that he's even an MP after so much failure.

By *ggdrasil66Man
3 days ago

Saltdean

Just seen the photo of all five Reform MPs, looking smart and in the lobby waiting for their first day at work. Give em hell chaps!

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Just seen the photo of all five Reform MPs, looking smart and in the lobby waiting for their first day at work. Give em heil chaps!"

Couldn't resist this FTFY change

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
21 hours ago

Cumbria

I was reminded of that cameo video in which brave sir Nige said “up the ra!” for a measly £50, or whatever he charged. It made me wonder if anyone really wants a bloke who can be bought so cheaply, as Prime Minister?

By *lfasoCouple
21 hours ago

South East

"I was reminded of that cameo video in which brave sir Nige said “up the ra!” for a measly £50, or whatever he charged. It made me wonder if anyone really wants a bloke who can be bought so cheaply, as Prime Minister?"

What sum would be acceptable to purchase a prime minister?

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
20 hours ago

Cumbria

"I was reminded of that cameo video in which brave sir Nige said “up the ra!” for a measly £50, or whatever he charged. It made me wonder if anyone really wants a bloke who can be bought so cheaply, as Prime Minister?

What sum would be acceptable to purchase a prime minister?"

How much did that racist bloke donate to the Tories?

By *lfasoCouple
20 hours ago

South East

"I was reminded of that cameo video in which brave sir Nige said “up the ra!” for a measly £50, or whatever he charged. It made me wonder if anyone really wants a bloke who can be bought so cheaply, as Prime Minister?

How much did that racist bloke donate to the Tories?"

Which racist bloke? There are so many.

By *ggdrasil66Man
6 hours ago

Saltdean

How much did that racist bloke donate to the Tories?

Which racist bloke? There are so many."

OMG, someone check under the bed, there might be a racist, he might even be white and straight. Shock horror, send out a post to every sad snowflake out there. They are big suddenly going to grow a pair, but they will continue to piss and moan indefinitely.

Post new Message to Thread