Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Anyone speak to an actual candidate?

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I spoke to a leafleter whilst I was out shopping

My sister lives in a constituency that is competitive… she says actual candidates have come to her house… some more than once!

So.. anyone spoke to a candidate? How did it go?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
4 weeks ago

in Lancashire

No ..

Flyers only..

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
4 weeks ago

Border of London

Sitting MP came to our door. Was very impressed by the dedication.

By *mateur100Man
4 weeks ago

nr faversham

Nope, one flyer from a total of 5... despite assurances from one candidate that their canvassers were all over the place and she'd even come to my house to chat

By *JB1954Man
4 weeks ago

Reading

This year. Lots of leaflets from candidates. Yet I have not seen or heard when chatting with neighbours they have had any candidates or canvassers knock on their or my door this time.

Do candidates now go for online, leaflets and holding meetings to answer questions ?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
4 weeks ago

Kent

Only a flyer from the usual (odd) independent. The Tory and labour candidates have both been parachuted in so doubt they could even find my street on a map .

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
4 weeks ago

nearby

No door knockers

David Lammy came down to Plymouth, he stayed with the labour councillors, no mingling with the public.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Spoke to two. But I'm not really that interested in chatting to them.

By *JB1954Man
4 weeks ago

Reading

"This year. Lots of leaflets from candidates. Yet I have not seen or heard when chatting with neighbours they have had any candidates or canvassers knock on their or my door this time.

Do candidates now go for online, leaflets and holding meetings to answer questions ?"

I can remember in elections years back. Not sure if allowed now ? . At after about six pm. Canvassers would come to houses if not voted and offer a lift to polling station.

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

No candidates at the door. A few leaflets, we'll actually daily from Labour, all via a postal service.

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"This year. Lots of leaflets from candidates. Yet I have not seen or heard when chatting with neighbours they have had any candidates or canvassers knock on their or my door this time.

Do candidates now go for online, leaflets and holding meetings to answer questions ?

I can remember in elections years back. Not sure if allowed now ? . At after about six pm. Canvassers would come to houses if not voted and offer a lift to polling station. "

Happened to someone locally here this evening, seen of Facebook so may not be true, no reason to believe it isn't though.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 weeks ago

Gilfach

I got flyers from them all (even the SDP which I didn't realise still existed). No visits though, nor have I seen anybody out and about. There weren't even any 'greeters' at the polling station.

By *9alMan
4 weeks ago

Bridgend

I have been out canvasing with local MPs & candidates the boundary's have changed this time in my area

By *abio OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

My sister was adamant that she wasn’t going to vote.. but I persuaded her to go as she is in a potentially close contested seat.. so 8pm she runs out to vote… local mp was still canvassing outside her local polling station!!

Bless…..

By (user no longer on site)
4 weeks ago

Yes. I was stewarding at the count overnight at my local town hall. Not long back home so got chatting to some of the candidates.

By *2000ManMan
4 weeks ago

Worthing

Said good morning to one outside the ballot station.

Post new Message to Thread