Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Voting

Jump to newest

By *ripfill OP   Man
4 weeks ago

havant

I know it’s not very fab - but please vote - use your democratic right especially now

Are you going to the polling station ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *r John WickMan
4 weeks ago

The Continental

No, and I wish my democratic right to choose not to was respected more.

The names I see people like me get called.

By *ripfill OP   Man
4 weeks ago

havant

"No, and I wish my democratic right to choose not to was respected more.

"

Of course it’s your choice

By *eordieJeansCouple
4 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

This thread has already been done this morning.

By *artfordBlokeMan
4 weeks ago

Dartford

Voted in every election since I could, local and national, I figure if you don't vote, you don't get to complain about the results. I understand, to a degree, why people don't vote but I feel I have to.

By *ripfill OP   Man
4 weeks ago

havant

"This thread has already been done this morning."

Appologies all

By *abioMan
4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 04/07/24 06:55:22]

By *ortySwitchMan
4 weeks ago

london

"

I completely agree. I dont vote for a few reasons, and name calling and abuse I recieve is out of this world! Even wrse thing is, i'm not on the electoral roll, yet labour have mentioned automatically enrollling everyone. If they do that, I will need to move country.

By *ansoffateMan
4 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

Yes I have been.

And I just want to state for the record that anyone who doesn't vote is completely entitled to moan about anything they want to.

By *cotsguyyMan
4 weeks ago

Belfast

"

What sort of names? I can't think the sort of thing someone would call anyone who didn't vote.

By *m3232Man
4 weeks ago

maidenhead

Yes will go later today

By *tag90Man
4 weeks ago

penrith

No. Different cheeks of the same arsehole the lot of them

By *angOnBunnyCouple
4 weeks ago

Ipswich

Voting all done and Bunny is working at our local polling station all day. Doing our bit for democracy

By *aiseiMan
4 weeks ago

Birmingham

Not sure I can be arsed when all we have is a list of utter incompetents, none of whom are fit to do the job.

By *x SmithMan
4 weeks ago

East Lancs

Whelp, I said it on the other post, might as well throw my opinion in here.

My vote isn't worth shit because of first past the post. Until we have a system where someone's second or third choice can count as a vote, where their first or second choice doesn't get FPTP, we're not really a democracy.

We had a referendum. Those in power opposing said it was too complicated (which I took as an insult to the populace, like we're too thick). They were proposing a system similar to one that works very well in Australia.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Central

Done.

By *erfHerder74Man
4 weeks ago

Greenock

Hope Count Binface wins

By *lex.and.SexCouple
4 weeks ago

Bedale

I completely agree. I dont vote for a few reasons, and name calling and abuse I recieve is out of this world! Even wrse thing is, i'm not on the electoral roll, yet labour have mentioned automatically enrollling everyone. If they do that, I will need to move country. "

Why? Being on the roll doesn't obligate you to vote

By *rsKOTCTWoman
4 weeks ago

Leeds

All done & dusted

By *ycanNightsMan
4 weeks ago

Workington

The vote is cast...

By *ortySwitchMan
4 weeks ago

london

"

Why? Being on the roll doesn't obligate you to vote "

No but it does get some to data traders, political parties and other political organisations that I never want to hear from nor supply with my data. Cambridge analytics springs to mind. Remember that everything on the eltoral roll is sent to American data traders who will sell it to anyone for enough money. I refuse to support those companies, and don’t want my data in the public.

By *lex.and.SexCouple
4 weeks ago

Bedale

"

No but it does get some to data traders, political parties and other political organisations that I never want to hear from nor supply with my data. Cambridge analytics springs to mind. Remember that everything on the eltoral roll is sent to American data traders who will sell it to anyone for enough money. I refuse to support those companies, and don’t want my data in the public. "

All true, and annoying.

If that's enough of a deal breaker for you to emigrate then fair enough I suppose

By *rHotNottsMan
4 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"

No but it does get some to data traders, political parties and other political organisations that I never want to hear from nor supply with my data. Cambridge analytics springs to mind. Remember that everything on the eltoral roll is sent to American data traders who will sell it to anyone for enough money. I refuse to support those companies, and don’t want my data in the public.

All true, and annoying.

If that's enough of a deal breaker for you to emigrate then fair enough I suppose "

Isn’t there an option now to be on the role but your data isn’t used other than for credit check.

I’m on the roll , I don’t live in the UK and I don’t get any marketing or junk mail

By *ortySwitchMan
4 weeks ago

london

"

Isn’t there an option now to be on the role but your data isn’t used other than for credit check.

I’m on the roll , I don’t live in the UK and I don’t get any marketing or junk mail "

Yes, there is a little tick box that removes you from the open register. HOWEVER, ALL that data is still sent to data traders / credit wanker, and politcal parties and who ever they are partnered with such as Cambridge analytica.

I do not want any of my data sent to these compaies, or organisations. Being on the electoral roll means freely giving those companies my data they then use to profit from.

Post new Message to Thread