5 days ago

nr faversham

30mins of which around 8mins is an interview. Its ridiculous

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *melie LALWoman
5 days ago

Peterborough

"30mins of which around 8mins is an interview. Its ridiculous "

Did he leave the beaches and veterans early to record it, snubbing many?

By *isterBuckMan
5 days ago

Birmingham

Apparently his father was a toolmaker.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
5 days ago

in Lancashire

Is he screaming 'tax rises' every fifteen seconds like a really poor imitation of Father Jack?

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 days ago

nearby

Starmer and Reeves will make the UK economy a success and envy of the world.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 days ago

nearby

Blocked every policy to kerb immigration.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 days ago

nearby

https://x.com/arhselk/status/1803679931643084879/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1803679931643084879&currentTweetUser=arhselk

By *mateur100 OP   Man
5 days ago

nr faversham

"Apparently his father was a toolmaker."

He's kept that quiet...next you'll be telling me his mother worked in the NHS and its in his blood

By *aribbean King 1985Man
4 days ago

South West London

Yes people if you believe men can be women just like Keir Starmer, vote for Labour, if you believe trans women can share private spaces like Keir Starmer with biological women, please vote for Labour, if you think women can have penises like Keir Starmer vote for Labour and finally if you're a person who's indecisive and dont know where you stand on things just like Keir Starmer then yes please vote for Labour

By *melie LALWoman
4 days ago

Peterborough

"Yes people if you believe men can be women just like Keir Starmer, vote for Labour, if you believe trans women can share private spaces like Keir Starmer with biological women, please vote for Labour, if you think women can have penises like Keir Starmer vote for Labour and finally if you're a person who's indecisive and dont know where you stand on things just like Keir Starmer then yes please vote for Labour "

Oh shhhhh. Try reading the Equality Act re Trans and stop blaming SKS.

4 days ago

South West London

"Yes people if you believe men can be women just like Keir Starmer, vote for Labour, if you believe trans women can share private spaces like Keir Starmer with biological women, please vote for Labour, if you think women can have penises like Keir Starmer vote for Labour and finally if you're a person who's indecisive and dont know where you stand on things just like Keir Starmer then yes please vote for Labour

Oh shhhhh. Try reading the Equality Act re Trans and stop blaming SKS."

I have thank you

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 days ago

golden fields

"Yes people if you believe men can be women just like Keir Starmer, vote for Labour, if you believe trans women can share private spaces like Keir Starmer with biological women, please vote for Labour, if you think women can have penises like Keir Starmer vote for Labour and finally if you're a person who's indecisive and dont know where you stand on things just like Keir Starmer then yes please vote for Labour

Oh shhhhh. Try reading the Equality Act re Trans and stop blaming SKS. I have thank you"

You have stopped blaming Starmer?

By *melie LALWoman
4 days ago

Peterborough

Oh shhhhh. Try reading the Equality Act re Trans and stop blaming SKS. I have thank you

You have stopped blaming Starmer?"

What have I blamed Starmer for?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 days ago

golden fields

Oh shhhhh. Try reading the Equality Act re Trans and stop blaming SKS. I have thank you

What have I blamed Starmer for?"

I was asking the other chap who blames Starmer for everything.

By *melie LALWoman
4 days ago

Peterborough

I was asking the other chap who blames Starmer for everything. "

Ahhh

By *enSiskoMan
3 days ago

Cestus 3

Did MSM ask him about the local councillors who have resigned, some are supporting corbyn.

Did MSM ask him about candidates he has put in seats were the locals were not given a say or choice.

By *va.nightingaleTV/TS
3 days ago

North Manchester

"You have stopped blaming Starmer?

I was asking the other chap who blames Starmer for everything. "

Deliberately confusing.

The "other chap" posted a number of assertions regarding Mr. Starmer which represented his opinion(s) on Starmer.

He certainly did NOT attribute any 'blame'.

So, how did the conclusion he "blames Starmer for everything" come about....??

"Everything", meaning........ just what.....??!

Think.

By *ornucopiaMan
3 days ago

Bexley

"

Well, it makes a change from blaming Khan for everything!

3 days ago

South West London

Did I say I blame Starmer for everything? Whatever problems we have now Starmer isnt the answer for them

3 days ago

South West London

Well, it makes a change from blaming Khan for everything!"

As for Sadiq Khan I stand by my word, his still useless after 8 years

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
3 days ago

golden fields

"Did I say I blame Starmer for everything? Whatever problems we have now Starmer isnt the answer for them"

Self trolling. Love it.

3 days ago

in Lancashire

"Did I say I blame Starmer for everything? Whatever problems we have now Starmer isnt the answer for them"

You think Farage is?

3 days ago

South West London

"Did I say I blame Starmer for everything? Whatever problems we have now Starmer isnt the answer for them

You think Farage is?"

Its like this, I dont think any political party has the answers to the problems we face in this country however but with Labour in particular when it comes to immigration (and no its not a priority issue for me) its hardly mentioned in their manifesto and even if it is its very vague. So in this instance I think Nigel Farage has better answers then Starmer but whether they work unlikley to find out

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Did I say I blame Starmer for everything? Whatever problems we have now Starmer isnt the answer for them

You think Farage is? Its like this, I dont think any political party has the answers to the problems we face in this country however but with Labour in particular when it comes to immigration (and no its not a priority issue for me) its hardly mentioned in their manifesto and even if it is its very vague. So in this instance I think Nigel Farage has better answers then Starmer but whether they work unlikley to find out"

we have labours (I agree) vague statements verus Farage's slight more specific but yet unquantified and possibly implausible statements.

He's as establishment as the rest.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
3 days ago

golden fields

You think Farage is? Its like this, I dont think any political party has the answers to the problems we face in this country however but with Labour in particular when it comes to immigration (and no its not a priority issue for me) its hardly mentioned in their manifesto and even if it is its very vague. So in this instance I think Nigel Farage has better answers then Starmer but whether they work unlikley to find out"

If immigration isn't a priority for you, what attracts you to theses anti-immigrant, anti-science not jobs?

3 days ago

in Lancashire

Which of Farages answers to the issue do you think are viable?

3 days ago

South West London

You think Farage is? Its like this, I dont think any political party has the answers to the problems we face in this country however but with Labour in particular when it comes to immigration (and no its not a priority issue for me) its hardly mentioned in their manifesto and even if it is its very vague. So in this instance I think Nigel Farage has better answers then Starmer but whether they work unlikley to find out

If immigration isn't a priority for you, what attracts you to theses anti-immigrant, anti-science not jobs?

"

They are not anti immigration like you keep saying they want it controlled to levels that is sustainable so it doesnt put pressure on public services which is a common sense approach

3 days ago

South West London

You think Farage is? Its like this, I dont think any political party has the answers to the problems we face in this country however but with Labour in particular when it comes to immigration (and no its not a priority issue for me) its hardly mentioned in their manifesto and even if it is its very vague. So in this instance I think Nigel Farage has better answers then Starmer but whether they work unlikley to find out

Which of Farages answers to the issue do you think are viable?"

most of them apart from maybe the tax free allowance of £20000

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
3 days ago

golden fields

They are not anti immigration like you keep saying they want it controlled to levels that is sustainable so it doesnt put pressure on public services which is a common sense approach"

What is it that attracts you to Reform.

Assuming you view yourself as a rational person with measured views. What is it that attracts you to their politics?

By *oxychick35Couple
3 days ago

thornaby

They are not anti immigration like you keep saying they want it controlled to levels that is sustainable so it doesnt put pressure on public services which is a common sense approach

Assuming you view yourself as a rational person with measured views. What is it that attracts you to their politics?"

can I jump in it’s there stance on controlling immigration

3 days ago

South West London

Assuming you view yourself as a rational person with measured views. What is it that attracts you to their politics?"

Mostly everything that is common sense to me, like their way of reaching Net Zero for one but obviously you like the Labour plan of dealing with climate change and the evironment where it will too expensive

3 days ago

South West London

nobody in here answered this question so will ask again, why would you vote for Labour who claim to fight for social justice but were investigated for being racist (which they are in their case antisemitic) by the Equality and Human Rights Commission when the only other party to do so was the BNP? Once you're compared to a party like the BNP thats it their reps lost

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
3 days ago

Cumbria

"nobody in here answered this question so will ask again, why would you vote for Labour who claim to fight for social justice but were investigated for being racist (which they are in their case antisemitic) by the Equality and Human Rights Commission when the only other party to do so was the BNP? Once you're compared to a party like the BNP thats it their reps lost"

Because they had an issue with antisemitism, the EHRC made recommendations, the party accepted and implemented them. Surely if you’re found to be doing a bad thing (consciously or subconsciously), it is pointed out, and you do something about it, then that is a good thing?

Have you ever voted Conservative?

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"nobody in here answered this question so will ask again, why would you vote for Labour who claim to fight for social justice but were investigated for being racist (which they are in their case antisemitic) by the Equality and Human Rights Commission when the only other party to do so was the BNP? Once you're compared to a party like the BNP thats it their reps lost"
the ehrc was absolutely a low point. A lot of the findings pointed at the processes and leadership both of which has changed. The later bit being why many couldn't vote labour last time.

When you boast that you broke the BNP by taking their members, that massively erodes you me reputation.

Again. Part of the establishment. Same as the rest.

By *oxychick35Couple
3 days ago

thornaby

To be fair tho most the main party’s have all had there problems in that department none are immune from scandal

By *enSiskoMan
3 days ago

Cestus 3

Remember vote labour I will pay even less tax.

Vote conservative I will pay even less tax.

As these parties have told you no more tax rises for me and my like.

The other parties want to tax me to help pay for public services I do not use, and take away the rules that allow me to pay less tax, but I know you won't vote for them, so thanks in advance.

By *ggdrasil66Man
3 days ago

Saltdean

Starmer is a stupid old woman, and when he is doing PMQ the shadow cabinet will rip him to pieces. He is only going to be elected because Corbyn was a communist moron and the various incarnations of Tory government we have had over the last 14 years have been awful.

Things will not get better, methinks they are going to get much much worse, especially for working class people.

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Starmer is a stupid old woman, and when he is doing PMQ the shadow cabinet will rip him to pieces. He is only going to be elected because Corbyn was a communist moron and the various incarnations of Tory government we have had over the last 14 years have been awful.

Things will not get better, methinks they are going to get much much worse, especially for working class people."

Starmer is a man. Both under the woke and non woke definitions.

Who in the lib dem party will rip him to pieces ?

3 days ago

in Lancashire

Which of Farages answers to the issue do you think are viable? most of them apart from maybe the tax free allowance of £20000"

Can you be more specific?

Do you actually know what they are?

By *irldnCouple
3 days ago

Brighton

"Starmer is a stupid old woman, and when he is doing PMQ the shadow cabinet will rip him to pieces. He is only going to be elected because Corbyn was a communist moron and the various incarnations of Tory government we have had over the last 14 years have been awful.

Things will not get better, methinks they are going to get much much worse, especially for working class people."

Not sure Starmer knows he is a stupid old woman because that means knowing what a woman is right?

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Which of Farages answers to the issue do you think are viable? most of them apart from maybe the tax free allowance of £20000"

stopping "non essential" immigration is inguess viable. But it's hugely unclear to me what essential means and the impact this policy has on immigration. Given it's a key focus, that's a gap.

Using the navy to turn the boats around doesnt appear to be visible and they have rowed back from saying laws allow it. However as they almost showed in QT, the Australian approach only worked because the counties accepted them. That's a big viability gap.

Immediate deportation is arguably unviable given no one can do it today. Leaving ECHR probably won't be ablugh of an answer and would need massive amount of rewriting our laws. And that's assuming the other countries accept them ! Without detail it's unviable imo. Ditto illegal immigrants aka asulim seekers.

Other than leave echr (viable but also not enough), saying no to students kids and spouses, and a foreign worker tax, most of their immigration policy is at best a line sketch, at worst impossible.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
3 days ago

golden fields

Assuming you view yourself as a rational person with measured views. What is it that attracts you to their politics?can I jump in it’s there stance on controlling immigration "

1. He said immigration was not a top issue for him

2 Reform have absolutely zero interest in taking away their biggest vote winner.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
3 days ago

golden fields

This is my stereotype of a Reform voter +1. Using "woman" as a derogatory term is the "+1"

By *melie LALWoman
3 days ago

Peterborough

Which of Farages answers to the issue do you think are viable? most of them apart from maybe the tax free allowance of £20000stopping "non essential" immigration is inguess viable. But it's hugely unclear to me what essential means and the impact this policy has on immigration. Given it's a key focus, that's a gap.

Using the navy to turn the boats around doesnt appear to be visible and they have rowed back from saying laws allow it. However as they almost showed in QT, the Australian approach only worked because the counties accepted them. That's a big viability gap.

Immediate deportation is arguably unviable given no one can do it today. Leaving ECHR probably won't be ablugh of an answer and would need massive amount of rewriting our laws. And that's assuming the other countries accept them ! Without detail it's unviable imo. Ditto illegal immigrants aka asulim seekers.

Other than leave echr (viable but also not enough), saying no to students kids and spouses, and a foreign worker tax, most of their immigration policy is at best a line sketch, at worst impossible. "

Essential immigration depends on the job market and gaps in provision.

Nursing has been part of essential immigration for a long time. Never solves the nursing crises though. Doesn't help when your govt lies about producing 70,000 more nurses, and yet vacancies seem to stay in excess of 40,000.

By *ortyairCouple
3 days ago

Wallasey

Why do you think that? Mrs x

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
3 days ago

nearby

Which of Farages answers to the issue do you think are viable? most of them apart from maybe the tax free allowance of £20000stopping "non essential" immigration is inguess viable. But it's hugely unclear to me what essential means and the impact this policy has on immigration. Given it's a key focus, that's a gap.

Other than leave echr (viable but also not enough), saying no to students kids and spouses, and a foreign worker tax, most of their immigration policy is at best a line sketch, at worst impossible.

Nursing has been part of essential immigration for a long time. Never solves the nursing crises though. Doesn't help when your govt lies about producing 70,000 more nurses, and yet vacancies seem to stay in excess of 40,000."

436,000 people aged between 18 and 24 are unemployed and 200,000 odd economic migrants

Why is filling 40,000 vacancies with training a problem for the nhs.

By *melie LALWoman
3 days ago

Peterborough

Nursing has been part of essential immigration for a long time. Never solves the nursing crises though. Doesn't help when your govt lies about producing 70,000 more nurses, and yet vacancies seem to stay in excess of 40,000.

436,000 people aged between 18 and 24 are unemployed and 200,000 odd economic migrants

"

You do know nurses need a BSc degree now, as well as training?

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

You do know nurses need a BSc degree now, as well as training?"

fuck it. Just give them a Physians Assistant Assistant role and let them help in surgery.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
3 days ago

nearby

That’s what I said - training

40,000 places to fill from 600,000+ potential candidates.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
3 days ago

nearby

"

2.1 million students at uk universities and 540,000 new enrolments every September.

Why are they not choosing nursing?

By *melie LALWoman
3 days ago

Peterborough

"

The nursing degree is possibly the most intense degree about, and you think there are over half a million potential candidates.

The degree takes place over three years and yet most other countries do it over four. The attrition rate for students is very high.

And you do know people need to want to study and to train? How would you tempt them into uni (if they fulfil entry requirements and the four stage interview)?

By *melie LALWoman
3 days ago

Peterborough

"

2.1 million students at uk universities and 540,000 new enrolments every September.

Why are they not choosing nursing? "

They need a nursing degree, not just any old degree.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
3 days ago

nearby

The nursing degree is possibly the most intense degree about, and you think there are over half a million potential candidates.

The degree takes place over three years and yet most other countries do it over four. The attrition rate for students is very high.

And you do know people need to want to study and to train? How would you tempt them into uni (if they fulfil entry requirements and the four stage interview)?"

They are already at university. Why have more not chosen nursing.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
3 days ago

nearby

"

They need a nursing degree, not just any old degree."

Not demeaning any degrees just asking why more are not choosing nursing.

By *irldnCouple
3 days ago

Brighton

"

Why are they not choosing nursing? "

Why didn’t you choose nursing? Thought about it? Then there’s your answer!

Takes a certain type of person to do a role like that. I know I couldn’t do regardless of the money on offer!

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
3 days ago

nearby

"

Takes a certain type of person to do a role like that. I know I couldn’t do regardless of the money on offer!"

There must be an underlying reason - I don’t know - I’m asking

We are not short of graduates

By *melie LALWoman
3 days ago

Peterborough

"

Not demeaning any degrees just asking why more are not choosing nursing. "

Maybe it's poor remuneration , maybe cos it's difficult to get in, maybe cos of the intensity as stated (it is like doing two degrees simultaneously), maybe cos it's the knowledge of likely burn out.... what do reckon it is?

By *melie LALWoman
3 days ago

Peterborough

"

Takes a certain type of person to do a role like that. I know I couldn’t do regardless of the money on offer!

We are not short of graduates "

Which is irrelevant as we are short of nursing graduates.

By *irldnCouple
3 days ago

Brighton

"

We are not short of graduates "

Why aren’t you a nurse? Whatever reason you give probably reflects how most people feel.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
3 days ago

nearby

"

Maybe it's poor remuneration , maybe cos it's difficult to get in, maybe cos of the intensity as stated (it is like doing two degrees simultaneously), maybe cos it's the knowledge of likely burn out.... what do reckon it is?"

I read the BMA said removal of training bursaries resulted in reduced trainee nurses applications, you corrected me recently that training bursaries have been reinstated.

What is the drop out rate ? 25% architects quit after qualifying, and I read 19.9% teachers quit within 2 years.

I suggest the problems are not solely at the door of the nursing profession. Graduates complaining so many are i. low paid work.

By *melie LALWoman
3 days ago

Peterborough

"

Maybe it's poor remuneration , maybe cos it's difficult to get in, maybe cos of the intensity as stated (it is like doing two degrees simultaneously), maybe cos it's the knowledge of likely burn out.... what do reckon it is?

I read the BMA said removal of training bursaries resulted in reduced trainee nurses applications, you corrected me recently that training bursaries have been reinstated.

What is the drop out rate ? 25% architects quit after qualifying, and I read 19.9% teachers quit within 2 years.

I suggest the problems are not solely at the door of the nursing profession. Graduates complaining so many are i. low paid work.

"

The attrition rate of student nurses is high. Over a third dropped out in my first year. That is incredibly high.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
3 days ago

nearby

"

The attrition rate of student nurses is high. Over a third dropped out in my first year. That is incredibly high."

“According to the report, approximately 12% of nursing students in England fail to complete their degrees, and out of every five university nursing positions, only three full-time equivalent nurses enter the NHS”

60% retention

What is the nhs / government doing ?

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/why-is-the-nhs-student-dropout-rate-rising-and-what-needs-to-change/167321/

By *melie LALWoman
3 days ago

Peterborough

"

The attrition rate of student nurses is high. Over a third dropped out in my first year. That is incredibly high.

“According to the report, approximately 12% of nursing students in England fail to complete their degrees, and out of every five university nursing positions, only three full-time equivalent nurses enter the NHS”

60% retention

What is the nhs / government doing ?

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/why-is-the-nhs-student-dropout-rate-rising-and-what-needs-to-change/167321/"

I doubt those numbers are accurate.

RCN reports in 2022 33% failed to finish their studies.

Anyway, the point is that before the govt promised 50,000 more nurses and then lied about providing 70,000 more nurses (appropriating many from red list countries), the vacancies like to fluctuate around 46,000. It would be more if nhs England was to instil safe staffing like the devolved nations.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
3 days ago

Cumbria

"

You don’t just get a BSc from working hard, you have to be pretty clever too. Also nursing is a really fucking hard job, the conditions are not great and for the level of responsibility you hold, neither are the wages.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
2 days ago

Central

Assuming you view yourself as a rational person with measured views. What is it that attracts you to their politics? Mostly everything that is common sense to me, like their way of reaching Net Zero for one but obviously you like the Labour plan of dealing with climate change and the evironment where it will too expensive "

Tice, who funds Reform, is a classic global heating denier. They don't deserve attention for such stupidity and lack of coherent thought

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 days ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

How many of the (ex) grads fall into the unemployed?

Post new Message to Thread