Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Question Time Special now on bbc1

Jump to newest

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
7 days ago

Peterborough

With the leaders, sunak, starmer, swinney, Davies.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *usybee73Man
7 days ago

in the sticks

Spain v Italy on itv... so will pass

By *isterBuckMan
7 days ago

Birmingham

Apart from the ones who are polling second obviously.

By *irldnCouple
7 days ago

Brighton

"Spain v Italy on itv... so will pass "

Nice pun

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
7 days ago

Peterborough

"Apart from the ones who are polling second obviously."

Apart from those not mentioned

By *isterBuckMan
7 days ago

Birmingham

Squirming Starmer.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
7 days ago

Peterborough

I'm sure there were a couple of Tory stooges in the audience

By *ellhungvweMan
7 days ago

Cheltenham

"I'm sure there were a couple of Tory stooges in the audience "

I wouldn’t bet on it.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
7 days ago

Peterborough

"I'm sure there were a couple of Tory stooges in the audience

I wouldn’t bet on it."

On point Mr

By *ggdrasil66Man
6 days ago

Saltdean

"Apart from the ones who are polling second obviously."

Nigel attempted to take part but was not allowed. Nanny state not allowing us to see all sides of the argument as usual.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 days ago

golden fields

"Apart from the ones who are polling second obviously.

Nigel attempted to take part but was not allowed. Nanny state not allowing us to see all sides of the argument as usual."

I think we can predict what he's saying with a pretty strong level of certainty.

1. Ranting about foreigners.

2. Looking confused/outraged when his bullshit is called out.

3. More ranting about foreigners.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 days ago

nearby

“” Rishi Sunak has indicated that young people might face restrictions on access to finance or driving licences if they refuse to do national service, as he faced a TV quizzing from voters.

Asked during a BBC Question Time special what sanctions people could face for declining to take part in the Conservative policy of compulsory national service for all 18-year-olds, the prime minister pointed to “driving licences, or the access to finance, all sorts of other things””

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

6 days ago

East Sussex

Nigel attempted to take part but was not allowed. Nanny state not allowing us to see all sides of the argument as usual."

I thought I heard them say he's on the next one

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 days ago

nearby

BBC bias. Poll indicates Reform ahead of LibDem so he should have been there.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
6 days ago

nearby

Nigel attempted to take part but was not allowed. Nanny state not allowing us to see all sides of the argument as usual.

I think we can predict what he's saying with a pretty strong level of certainty.

3. More ranting about foreigners."

Representative of 37% of public mood

Interesting to see results in a fortnight

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/uk-public-opinion-toward-immigration-overall-attitudes-and-level-of-concern/

By *oo hotCouple
6 days ago

North West

BBC bias. Poll indicates Reform ahead of LibDem so he should have been there. "

Perhaps the majority of normal thinking people just wanted to hear about real politics as opposed the usual anti-foreigner, anti-immigrant, anti EU, Pied Piper fantasies that Farage normally talks about.

It is just so alarming and testament to how low our education standards have fallen that some people still want to hear the populist nonsense that Farage gobs off about.

It was said about UKiP and it was said about the Brexit Party - but really it is all about Garage. He just shouts simple politics in the direction of simple people.

By *rucking-HellMan
6 days ago

Northampton

[Removed by poster at 21/06/24 01:27:39]

By *rucking-HellMan
6 days ago

Northampton

One way to make something more popular is to ban it. This snub of Farage might ironically win him more support.

By *abioMan
6 days ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"One way to make something more popular is to ban it. This snub of Farage might ironically win him more support. "

Or maybe the fact her is doing it next week and reform people haven’t taken the bother to find out shows maybe the kind of support that follows him….

You know… angry for no reason…. Everyone is out to get him, oh let’s make him a martyr!! Ect ect…..

By *onica-mayhemWoman
6 days ago

Belfast/dublin

"One way to make something more popular is to ban it. This snub of Farage might ironically win him more support. "

One way to increase viewership of something 'taboo' is to keep it off the air. Frankie goes to Hollywood with two tribes, the spy catcher book and sex pistols with God save the queen in 1977 only served to increase popularity. That's the problem with censorship and cancel culture.....if the person in question is so wrong about something then let them be wrong and take down his or her argument with reasoned dialogue. Let them make idiots of themselves and beat them with logic and reason.

Keeping idiots like farage off the stage doesn't help. Allow all party leaders to be questioned in the same way.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
6 days ago

Border of London

"

It is just so alarming and testament to how low our education standards have fallen that some people still want to hear the populist nonsense that Farage gobs off about.

It was said about UKiP and it was said about the Brexit Party - but really it is all about Garage. He just shouts simple politics in the direction of simple people."

That's one way of looking at it.

What do the Labour and Conservative parties say that will resonate with "simple people"? Labour didn't say much of anything, and Conservatives seem to be bleating about security and tinkering around with NI.

A populist understands grievance and hate and plays into that. Where the populist left taps into politics of envy, the populist right taps into xenophobia. And parties ignore this anger and resentment at their peril, because SOMEONE will mop up these votes.

A British plumber competing with a much cheaper one from overseas will be just as angry as an employee being exploited by a fat cat boss. Both harbour resentment that can be tapped into by the right or left respectively.

By *eroy1000Man
6 days ago

milton keynes

BBC bias. Poll indicates Reform ahead of LibDem so he should have been there. "

He is ahead in polls but probably they look at those with plenty of seats as they are currently representing their people. Apparently there is another one next week but don't think it's quite the same hence why he wanted to be on last night. I have not watched it yet so hope it's better than the one I did see where Labour, conservatives, plaid and snp just shouting blaming everyone except themselves.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 days ago

golden fields

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/uk-public-opinion-toward-immigration-overall-attitudes-and-level-of-concern/"

What an absolute national embarrassment.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
6 days ago

Peterborough

There will be other QT leaders specials

By *otMe66Man
6 days ago

Terra Firma

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/uk-public-opinion-toward-immigration-overall-attitudes-and-level-of-concern/

What an absolute national embarrassment."

??

By *isterBuckMan
6 days ago

Birmingham

Perhaps the majority of normal thinking people just wanted to hear about real politics as opposed the usual anti-foreigner, anti-immigrant, anti EU, Pied Piper fantasies that Farage normally talks about.

It was said about UKiP and it was said about the Brexit Party - but really it is all about Garage. He just shouts simple politics in the direction of simple people."

“People who have a different opinion to me are stupid” opines low-IQ random on the internet.

The argument is won! Farage is doomed!

By *abioMan
6 days ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Actually thinking about it overnight I don’t see why the farage people are so angry

You basically get 30 minutes in prime time 7 days before the election with none of your major competitors present!

By *oxychick35Couple
6 days ago

thornaby

3. More ranting about foreigners."

we can predict what there all saying it’s in there manifesto so why no Nigel polling second it’s called shutting out bbc for ya eh

By *oxychick35Couple
6 days ago

thornaby

"Actually thinking about it overnight I don’t see why the farage people are so angry

You basically get 30 minutes in prime time 7 days before the election with none of your major competitors present!"

no way Fabio do you think it’s fair to not have him on

By *abioMan
6 days ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Actually thinking about it overnight I don’t see why the farage people are so angry

You basically get 30 minutes in prime time 7 days before the election with none of your major competitors present! no way Fabio do you think it’s fair to not have him on "

Compared to the others last night?

It’s only him and the greens next week… if you think the aim is to take votes off the conservatives, you get 30 minutes to rip the tories to bits uninterrupted and with no rights of reply

Unless the audience last night are as hostile and Fiona Bruce is at her most annoying interruption worst like last night!

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
6 days ago

Peterborough

You basically get 30 minutes in prime time 7 days before the election with none of your major competitors present! no way Fabio do you think it’s fair to not have him on "

All you people are moaning about nothing. Yesterday's broadcast was not leaders going head to head! They were individually presented to the audience for approx 30 minutes of questions.

The other leaders will get their chance. There's no way anyone would have wanted 4 hours solid of this.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
6 days ago

Peterborough

You basically get 30 minutes in prime time 7 days before the election with none of your major competitors present! no way Fabio do you think it’s fair to not have him on

It’s only him and the greens next week… if you think the aim is to take votes off the conservatives, you get 30 minutes to rip the tories to bits uninterrupted and with no rights of reply

Unless the audience last night are as hostile and Fiona Bruce is at her most annoying interruption worst like last night!"

She was good Fabio

By *isterBuckMan
6 days ago

Birmingham

You basically get 30 minutes in prime time 7 days before the election with none of your major competitors present! no way Fabio do you think it’s fair to not have him on

All you people are moaning about nothing. Yesterday's broadcast was not leaders going head to head! They were individually presented to the audience for approx 30 minutes of questions.

The other leaders will get their chance. There's no way anyone would have wanted 4 hours solid of this."

The last thing mediocrities like Starmer and Sunak would want would be to appear on the same stage as Farage.

Reform would be on 25% within days if that happened.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
6 days ago

golden fields

It was said about UKiP and it was said about the Brexit Party - but really it is all about Garage. He just shouts simple politics in the direction of simple people.

“People who have a different opinion to me are stupid” opines low-IQ random on the internet.

The argument is won! Farage is doomed! "

I don't think it's to do with Farage expressing an opinion that differed from the person you replied to. He expressed opinions that differ from reality, his over simplistic solutions to complex problems crumble under the slightest scrutiny. Nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. That's just how it is.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
6 days ago

in Lancashire

I don't think it's to do with Farage expressing an opinion that differed from the person you replied to. He expressed opinions that differ from reality, his over simplistic solutions to complex problems crumble under the slightest scrutiny. Nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. That's just how it is."

He has some interesting views on Andrew Tate, not sure they'll be shared by the majority..

By *isterBuckMan
6 days ago

Birmingham

I don't think it's to do with Farage expressing an opinion that differed from the person you replied to. He expressed opinions that differ from reality, his over simplistic solutions to complex problems crumble under the slightest scrutiny. Nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. That's just how it is.

He has some interesting views on Andrew Tate, not sure they'll be shared by the majority.."

Does he? What are those views?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
6 days ago

in Lancashire

He has some interesting views on Andrew Tate, not sure they'll be shared by the majority..

Does he? What are those views? "

They're freely available, pretty sure you will find them..

By *oxychick35Couple
6 days ago

thornaby

Unless the audience last night are as hostile and Fiona Bruce is at her most annoying interruption worst like last night!"

his party is polling second it’s bbc bias nothing to do with him pledging to scrap the license fees then eh

By *isterBuckMan
6 days ago

Birmingham

Does he? What are those views?

They're freely available, pretty sure you will find them..

"

Is this about Farage saying that Tate is an “important voice for men” but has said some “pretty horrible things”?

Seems pretty fair. Lots of young men seem to be interested in Tate, that’s a statement of fact.

I’m not sure what “horrible things” Tate has said. It doesn’t interest me particularly. Maybe Farage is being unfair on Tate there.

I’d never heard of Tate before the media and the Romanian police brought him to everyone’s attention. They’ve probably done Tate a big favour in increasing his global visibility.

By *abioMan
6 days ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Unless the audience last night are as hostile and Fiona Bruce is at her most annoying interruption worst like last night!his party is polling second it’s bbc bias nothing to do with him pledging to scrap the license fees then eh "

Actually reform have polled 2nd in entirely 1 poll in this entire election campaign so far

It’s got nothing to do with them pledging to scrap the license fee.. it has everything to do with election broadcasting impartiality laws where if a party does reach a certain level of potential mps they don’t get on the national broadcast

The four parties on last night are the 4 projected to get the most MPs… whether you like it or not

The greens and reform will get one next week, plaid will also get one going out in Wales!

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
6 days ago

Peterborough

The other leaders will get their chance. There's no way anyone would have wanted 4 hours solid of this."

3.5 hours. I counted Lib dem twice .

Oh and the crap about bbc bias and/or sharing a stage is still ongoing

Boring! Zzzzzz

By *oxychick35Couple
6 days ago

thornaby

Unless the audience last night are as hostile and Fiona Bruce is at her most annoying interruption worst like last night!his party is polling second it’s bbc bias nothing to do with him pledging to scrap the license fees then eh

Actually reform have polled 2nd in entirely 1 poll in this entire election campaign so far

It’s got nothing to do with them pledging to scrap the license fee.. it has everything to do with election broadcasting impartiality laws where if a party does reach a certain level of potential mps they don’t get on the national broadcast

The four parties on last night are the 4 projected to get the most MPs… whether you like it or not

The greens and reform will get one next week, plaid will also get one going out in Wales! "

I take your predictions with a pinch of salt they have been way off the last few years mate lol

By *astandFeistyCouple
6 days ago

Bournemouth

Unless the audience last night are as hostile and Fiona Bruce is at her most annoying interruption worst like last night!his party is polling second it’s bbc bias nothing to do with him pledging to scrap the license fees then eh

The greens and reform will get one next week, plaid will also get one going out in Wales! "

Apparently 4 polls have Reform in second place....

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
6 days ago

Peterborough

The greens and reform will get one next week, plaid will also get one going out in Wales! I take your predictions with a pinch of salt they have been way off the last few years mate lol"

He's on about QT!

Post new Message to Thread