Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Naughty kier getting found out ...

Jump to newest

By *usybee73 OP   Man
2 weeks ago

in the sticks

ELECTION - LABOUR: Keir Starmer says he’s big on wealth creation .. he means his own!

Did you know? Sir Keith was granted a "tax-unregistered" pension scheme by an act of parliament

This means Sir Keir is exempt from paying tax on pensions savings over £1m

Now you know

Seen the document on twitter, don't know if I can post the link?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *idnight RamblerMan
2 weeks ago

Pershore

"ELECTION - LABOUR: Keir Starmer says he’s big on wealth creation .. he means his own!

Did you know? Sir Keith was granted a "tax-unregistered" pension scheme by an act of parliament

Now you know

Seen the document on twitter, don't know if I can post the link?"

A wealthy Prime Minister? Heaven forbid! He's Labour after all. He should be living in an almshouse and trudging to the pit in his flat cap and muffler.

By *usybee73 OP   Man
2 weeks ago

in the sticks

"ELECTION - LABOUR: Keir Starmer says he’s big on wealth creation .. he means his own!

Now you know

A wealthy Prime Minister? Heaven forbid! He's Labour after all. He should be living in an almshouse and trudging to the pit in his flat cap and muffler."

My mom was a nurse, my dad a toolmaker, man of the people

By *aunchyrabbitsCouple
2 weeks ago

West Dorset

"It is not clear whether the Labour leader has saved enough to have benefited from the scheme"

He said he would scrap it

The news is over a year old???

By *usybee73 OP   Man
2 weeks ago

in the sticks

Actually it's an old story https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65037136

By *aunchyrabbitsCouple
2 weeks ago

West Dorset

Ha you beat me too it

Quote from the BBC

The Labour leader has pledged to reverse government plans to end the £1m cap on lifetime pensions savings.

He was accused of hypocrisy by the Conservatives when it emerged he was set to benefit from a similar scheme himself.

He said he had not taken advantage of the perk and did not want to.

He told a press conference: "I'm absolutely committed to changing what the government did last week, which was to give a tax cut to the wealthiest 1%."

He added: "I don't intend that to exclude me."

By *igNick1381Man
2 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

Keir is out here like Dusty 'the son of a plumber' Rhodes. Shame his promo skills aren't as good

By *idnight RamblerMan
2 weeks ago

Pershore

Now you know

A wealthy Prime Minister? Heaven forbid! He's Labour after all. He should be living in an almshouse and trudging to the pit in his flat cap and muffler.

My mom was a nurse, my dad a toolmaker, man of the people "

I grew up in a pit village in the Welsh Valleys, working class hero too But I've no gripe about the wealthy, good on 'em I say.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
2 weeks ago

nearby

Not read it all but loons above board

Not a good look for him in these hard times

‘JPS 2022 is a tax-unregistered pension scheme. This means that the annual allowance and the lifetime allowance do not apply. The annual allowance is the limit on the amount that you can save into your pension each year while still receiving tax relief.31 Mar 2022’

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6242fce8d3bf7f32abac1434/jps-scheme-guide-2022-not-accessible.pdf

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Old news.

Irrc the schene he is in didn't have tax relief on the way in, so has legislation so it doesn't get taxed on the way out.

I'm rusty on details but 90pc sure that it's actually a balanced approach given the technicalities of his pension. And was being miss represented by the Xit storm that was kicked up at the time.

By *usybee73 OP   Man
2 weeks ago

in the sticks

Started up by the Tories, and used by Labour... wonder why I don't vote! Fag paper between the lot

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Not read it all but loons above board

Not a good look for him in these hard times

‘JPS 2022 is a tax-unregistered pension scheme. This means that the annual allowance and the lifetime allowance do not apply. The annual allowance is the limit on the amount that you can save into your pension each year while still receiving tax relief.31 Mar 2022’

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6242fce8d3bf7f32abac1434/jps-scheme-guide-2022-not-accessible.pdf"

Makes me wonder if such a scheme would work for doctors....

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
2 weeks ago

nearby

"Old news.

Irrc the schene he is in didn't have tax relief on the way in, so has legislation so it doesn't get taxed on the way out.

I'm rusty on details but 90pc sure that it's actually a balanced approach given the technicalities of his pension. And was being miss represented by the Xit storm that was kicked up at the time. "

It will have applied only to employment at the time in CPS - 5 years I think

But that may not be presented accurately by the media.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6214f87dd3bf7f4f06550188/Annex_G_-_JPS_comparison_of_NJPS__JPS_22_for_SSRB_1.12.21.pdf

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

Now you know

Seen the document on twitter, don't know if I can post the link?"

Actually it was the Director of Public Prosecution who got that pension benefit and that happened to be Kier Starmer. And it is well known, not new news!

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Old news.

I'm rusty on details but 90pc sure that it's actually a balanced approach given the technicalities of his pension. And was being miss represented by the Xit storm that was kicked up at the time.

It will have applied only to employment at the time in CPS - 5 years I think

But that may not be presented accurately by the media.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6214f87dd3bf7f4f06550188/Annex_G_-_JPS_comparison_of_NJPS__JPS_22_for_SSRB_1.12.21.pdf"

you posted the detail as I was writing my reply.

By *emma StonesTV/TS
2 weeks ago

Crewe

It was brought in by the conservative government.

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

'Starmer’s net worth is around 7.7 million pounds, but this could rise to anywhere between 10 to 15 million when taking his other revenue streams into account and the land he has held since 1996. The labour leader has a very tidy portfolio, and it’s expected to grow more significantly in the coming years.'

Got your back, Jack.

By *idnight RamblerMan
2 weeks ago

Pershore

"'Starmer’s net worth is around 7.7 million pounds, but this could rise to anywhere between 10 to 15 million when taking his other revenue streams into account and the land he has held since 1996. The labour leader has a very tidy portfolio, and it’s expected to grow more significantly in the coming years.'

Got your back, Jack.

"

Shocking! Why would people want a successful, self-made man as a leader eh?

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

"'Starmer’s net worth is around 7.7 million pounds, but this could rise to anywhere between 10 to 15 million when taking his other revenue streams into account and the land he has held since 1996. The labour leader has a very tidy portfolio, and it’s expected to grow more significantly in the coming years.'

Got your back, Jack.

Shocking! Why would people want a successful, self-made man as a leader eh?"

That's really not the point though is it? He constantly claims to be a man of the people. He isn't and never has been.

By *idnight RamblerMan
2 weeks ago

Pershore

Got your back, Jack.

That's really not the point though is it? He constantly claims to be a man of the people. He isn't and never has been.

"

Give him a break, he had humble origins, became a KC and prospered. It's a pity more don't follow his example. I think all KCs are pretty well off.

By *isterBuckMan
2 weeks ago

Birmingham

Got your back, Jack.

Give him a break, he had humble origins, became a KC and prospered. It's a pity more don't follow his example. I think all KCs are pretty well off."

Apparently his father was a toolmaker.

I wasn’t aware of this until recently. He never mentions it.

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

Got your back, Jack.

Give him a break, he had humble origins, became a KC and prospered. It's a pity more don't follow his example. I think all KCs are pretty well off."

No.

Educated at Reigate Grammar School, a voluntary aided selective grammar school. Just the same as those people he claims to be so much a part of.

Success is everything - claims of poor beginnings is a lie.

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

"

I wasn’t aware of this until recently. He never mentions it."

And everyone groans every time he does. Faux Poor is just so trendy when you are trying to hoodwink the people.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
2 weeks ago

nearby

Got your back, Jack.

£7-8 million at age 61, 40 years in a well paid job, lawyer, QC then head of CPS at £200k pa, MP salary £77k plus leader opposition another £49k. Very good earnings and 30 years of house price inflation. Last year Keir Starmer paid £99,400 in UK tax on £404,000 income.

By comparison Chris Dawson (range boss) left school at 14 with nowt, can’t read nor write, has no email address for this reason. Started a business now with 200 retail stores, employees 12,000 people

Net worth £2.25BN

Paid £40M tax last year

Starmer pretty humble imo

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

"

Starmer pretty humble imo

"

lmao - Chris Dawson which party is he running? Where do I vote for him? Is he a man of the people?

By *roadShoulderzMan
2 weeks ago

Petersfield

Got your back, Jack.

"

This suggests your point is that "the people" are defined as unsuccessful, uneducated and poverty-stricken?

And I thought it was Labour voters who, it is claimed, have a chip on their shoulder about successful people...

I guess you will be critising him for wearing glasses next.

By *idnight RamblerMan
2 weeks ago

Pershore

"

And everyone groans every time he does. Faux Poor is just so trendy when you are trying to hoodwink the people. "

Who is your ideal PM? Bob Cratchit?

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

Got your back, Jack.

This suggests your point is that "the people" are defined as unsuccessful, uneducated and poverty-stricken?

And I thought it was Labour voters who, it is claimed, have a chip on their shoulder about successful people...

I guess you will be critising him for wearing glasses next. "

If he makes claims that he once belonged to a set of people that can't really afford them - to get votes - then a resounding YES!

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

"

And everyone groans every time he does. Faux Poor is just so trendy when you are trying to hoodwink the people.

Who is your ideal PM? Bob Cratchit?"

A book character? Really?

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Reigate seems to have been council owned when he started there, turning private while he was there.

I don't know if him going there means he wasn't poor, but has probably benefited from a system that's not available to many people of his class.

By *idnight RamblerMan
2 weeks ago

Pershore

"

A book character? Really?"

Well he was very poor

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

"

Well he was very poor "

And not very real.

By *idnight RamblerMan
2 weeks ago

Pershore

"

Well he was very poor

And not very real."

But inspirational is his lack of worldly goods eh?

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

"

Well he was very poor

And not very real.

But inspirational is his lack of worldly goods eh?"

His not real lack of worldly good?

By *ggdrasil66Man
7 days ago

Saltdean

Tool maker dad definitely made one tool. But not with his hands…

Post new Message to Thread