Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

The second debate

Jump to newest

By *mateur100 OP   Man
4 weeks ago

nr faversham

None of the party leaders taking part in the BBC debate...scared of Nigel Farage? After all, he destroyed Clegg, Cameron and Miliband in the Brexit debates all those years ago but I think things could get feisty between him and Rayner

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

"None of the party leaders taking part in the BBC debate...scared of Nigel Farage? After all, he destroyed Clegg, Cameron and Miliband in the Brexit debates all those years ago but I think things could get feisty between him and Rayner "

"Scared of Nigel Farage"? WTF.

He's couldn't debate he way out of a paper bag. His over simplistic nonsense rhetoric could be dismantled by a five year old.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"None of the party leaders taking part in the BBC debate...scared of Nigel Farage? After all, he destroyed Clegg, Cameron and Miliband in the Brexit debates all those years ago but I think things could get feisty between him and Rayner

He's couldn't debate he way out of a paper bag. His over simplistic nonsense rhetoric could be dismantled by a five year old."

I disagree, he cuts through the replies that are repeatedly asked as a gotcha, or if the person hasn’t the belief in their answers or questions he exposes that.

Finally he resonates with a lot people for being true to his values, that makes him appear sincere which is a rare trait today.

Simply not liking someone doesn’t take away their abilities. Whether you love him or hate him is irrelevant, he is a very successful person.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

"None of the party leaders taking part in the BBC debate...scared of Nigel Farage? After all, he destroyed Clegg, Cameron and Miliband in the Brexit debates all those years ago but I think things could get feisty between him and Rayner

He's couldn't debate he way out of a paper bag. His over simplistic nonsense rhetoric could be dismantled by a five year old.

I disagree, he cuts through the replies that are repeatedly asked as a gotcha, or if the person hasn’t the belief in their answers or questions he exposes that.

"

We have extremely different perspectives, his arguments crumble under the slightest scrutiny, he has no answers, no valid points, his data is extremely surface level and is always demonstrated to not back up whatever nonsense point he's trying to make.

"

Finally he resonates with a lot people for being true to his values, that makes him appear sincere which is a rare trait today.

"

I understand that he may appear sincere. It's hard to know if he actually believes the nonsense he spouts or if it's just to a tool to achieve the aims of those who fund him. Probably have more respect for him if it was the latter.

"

Simply not liking someone doesn’t take away their abilities. Whether you love him or hate him is irrelevant, he is a very successful person. "

Not sure if it's a good thing to be successful at fucking the country over, sewing division and hate, making us all poorer, riling up xenophobes etc.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

We have extremely different perspectives, his arguments crumble under the slightest scrutiny, he has no answers, no valid points, his data is extremely surface level and is always demonstrated to not back up whatever nonsense point he's trying to make.

I understand that he may appear sincere. It's hard to know if he actually believes the nonsense he spouts or if it's just to a tool to achieve the aims of those who fund him. Probably have more respect for him if it was the latter.

Simply not liking someone doesn’t take away their abilities. Whether you love him or hate him is irrelevant, he is a very successful person.

Not sure if it's a good thing to be successful at fucking the country over, sewing division and hate, making us all poorer, riling up xenophobes etc. "

I personally believe Cummings has screwed this country over more than any other individual or institution and somehow manages to dodge the hatred that is levelled at Farage.

The basically want / wanted the same things

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Not sure if it's a good thing to be successful at fucking the country over, sewing division and hate, making us all poorer, riling up xenophobes etc.

I personally believe Cummings has screwed this country over more than any other individual or institution and somehow manages to dodge the hatred that is levelled at Farage.

The basically want / wanted the same things "

Cummings is a snake, operating in the long grass. Farage is a donkey bouncing about in the field, more visible, much easier target.

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Not like the left to go for the easy targets

By *aunchyrabbitsCouple
4 weeks ago

West Dorset

Has anyone mentioned that there is a theory going round that Stamer was playing 4d chess. He didn't have to "win" he just didn't have to lose.

He knew that Sunak was going to bullshit about the £2000, the "independent" treasury blah blah blah, all the while he already had proof that Sunak was lying through his teeth.

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Has anyone mentioned that there is a theory going round that Stamer was playing 4d chess. He didn't have to "win" he just didn't have to lose.

He knew that Sunak was going to bullshit about the £2000, the "independent" treasury blah blah blah, all the while he already had proof that Sunak was lying through his teeth."

I mentioned that in a previous recious thread, If anyone truly believes that then they're delusional to say the least.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Has anyone mentioned that there is a theory going round that Stamer was playing 4d chess. He didn't have to "win" he just didn't have to lose.

He knew that Sunak was going to bullshit about the £2000, the "independent" treasury blah blah blah, all the while he already had proof that Sunak was lying through his teeth."

If that's true, you would have thought that Starmer would have pre-arranged a clever put down to make Sunak look stupid during the actual debate. Maybe he forgot it in the heat of the moment.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
4 weeks ago

Cumbria

Simply not liking someone doesn’t take away their abilities. Whether you love him or hate him is irrelevant, he is a very successful person. "

Plenty of rubles in his bank account, that’s for sure.

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

The basically want / wanted the same things "

But Cummings isn't a leader of any party.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

But Cummings isn't a leader of any party."

By *mateur100 OP   Man
4 weeks ago

nr faversham

He's couldn't debate he way out of a paper bag. His over simplistic nonsense rhetoric could be dismantled by a five year old."

Do you remember the Brexit debates? As I've said Cameron, Clegg and Miliband all debated with Farage, sometimes trying to gang up on him, and they were made to look foolish so your comment is worthless, unless you've forgotten about those debates? Whether I agree with him is another matter

4 weeks ago

Cumbria

But Cummings isn't a leader of any party."

Neither is Farage, he’s the majority owner of a company.

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Neither is Farage, he’s the majority owner of a company."

I hate to break it to you but Reform are a registered political party.

You are aware that other parties also have registered companies aren't you?

4 weeks ago

Cumbria

You are aware that other parties also have registered companies aren't you?"

The other parties have registered companies, Reform is a registered company.

British political parties are traditionally formed as unincorporated associations composed of a membership, rather than established as corporate entities. Rules are usually set out in a written constitution, while party affairs are handled by a committee chosen by members - like that of Labour or the Conservatives.

Nigel Farage can relieve Richard Tice of his directorship any time he wants, he can dissolve the company anytime he wants. He is the sole decision maker in Reform. There is no written constitution, no membership, no rules, other than what Farage says.

By *illowendMan
4 weeks ago

Southwold

Bravo

100% agree

He grooms poorly educated people

Uses them , then ditches them

Not sure if it's a good thing to be successful at fucking the country over, sewing division and hate, making us all poorer, riling up xenophobes etc. "

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

British political parties are traditionally formed as unincorporated associations composed of a membership, rather than established as corporate entities. Rules are usually set out in a written constitution, while party affairs are handled by a committee chosen by members - like that of Labour or the Conservatives.

Nigel Farage can relieve Richard Tice of his directorship any time he wants, he can dissolve the company anytime he wants. He is the sole decision maker in Reform. There is no written constitution, no membership, no rules, other than what Farage says."

I said they had registered companies, not that they were registered companies. You're trying to create an argument whilst agreeing with me.

Are Reform UK a registered political party?

4 weeks ago

Cumbria

Nigel Farage can relieve Richard Tice of his directorship any time he wants, he can dissolve the company anytime he wants. He is the sole decision maker in Reform. There is no written constitution, no membership, no rules, other than what Farage says.

I said they had registered companies, not that they were registered companies. You're trying to create an argument whilst agreeing with me.

Are Reform UK a registered political party?"

And I am saying that Reform IS a registered company, they have also registered as a political party but they are first and foremost a registered company entirely controlled by one person.

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

And I am saying that Reform IS a registered company, they have also registered as a political party but they are first and foremost a registered company entirely controlled by one person."

So you're first statement was a lie, or a mistake?

I can remind you of it if it'll help.

4 weeks ago

Cumbria

And I am saying that Reform IS a registered company, they have also registered as a political party but they are first and foremost a registered company entirely controlled by one person.

I can remind you of it if it'll help. "

It was a conscious mistake, to draw attention to the fact that Reform is primarily a company, and second a political party.

You’re not great with nuance, are you?

By *astandFeistyCouple
4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

It was a conscious mistake, to draw attention to the fact that Reform is primarily a company, and second a political party.

You’re not great with nuance, are you?"

And now the personal insults start. What a surprise

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Do you remember the Brexit debates? As I've said Cameron, Clegg and Miliband all debated with Farage, sometimes trying to gang up on him, and they were made to look foolish so your comment is worthless, unless you've forgotten about those debates? Whether I agree with him is another matter"

Those debates were ridiculous, everyone came out looking like an idiot, especially Farage.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 weeks ago

Gilfach

"So you're first statement was a lie, or a mistake?

I can remind you of it if it'll help."

"It was a conscious mistake, to draw attention to the fact that Reform is primarily a company, and second a political party."

This seems to be a very modern phenomenon, people deliberately lying about stuff to draw attention to a cause. They don't seem to realise that once they've been caught out in that lie, the listener will just ignore anything else they say.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

This seems to be a very modern phenomenon, people deliberately lying about stuff to draw attention to a cause. They don't seem to realise that once they've been caught out in that lie, the listener will just ignore anything else they say."

I’m not sure that is correct, I think most people believe themselves to be always right and double down when challenged rather than hold their hands up.

I think it has something to do with social media, and really trusting sources that echo their bias

By *irldnCouple
4 weeks ago

Brighton

This seems to be a very modern phenomenon, people deliberately lying about stuff to draw attention to a cause. They don't seem to realise that once they've been caught out in that lie, the listener will just ignore anything else they say.

I’m not sure that is correct, I think most people believe themselves to be always right and double down when challenged rather than hold their hands up.

I think it has something to do with social media, and really trusting sources that echo their bias"

Just a build on this. The internet has opened up infinitely more avenues for “discussion” that were not there 15-20 years ago. Everyone has opinions and now everyone has easy, and anonymous, access to spout them with little or no repercussions. It has dramatically altered discourse.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
4 weeks ago

Gilfach

I can remind you of it if it'll help."

"It was a conscious mistake, to draw attention to the fact that Reform is primarily a company, and second a political party.

This seems to be a very modern phenomenon, people deliberately lying about stuff to draw attention to a cause. They don't seem to realise that once they've been caught out in that lie, the listener will just ignore anything else they say."

"I’m not sure that is correct, I think most people believe themselves to be always right and double down when challenged rather than hold their hands up.

I think it has something to do with social media, and really trusting sources that echo their bias"

I listen to Radio 4's More or Less, a show that examines numbers in the news. They are often asked about figures in the headlines, and they contact the sources to find out where the number came from. It's quite common for the source to say something along the lines of "we know it's not accurate, but we needed something newsworthy to start the conversation".

Post new Message to Thread