Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Legacy of Jimmy Carter

Jump to newest

By *leanandfit27 OP   Man
18 weeks ago

Birmingham

I have had the honour of meeting Jimmy Carter once when I visited the Emory University and he is hands the down the most genuine and humble politician I have ever met

The only thing I don't understand is why he was portrayed as a failure

He refused to co-operate with corrupt politicians, initiated many peace treaties the most noble being the Camp -David accords,hired a black woman wrongly accused of murder as a nanny for his daughter,sent his daughter to a public school,pardoned the Vietnam draft evaders , initiated measures against global warming,the list goes on . However the media portray him as a week and inefficient leader whereas I think he was the most intelligent and the most deserving person to hold the office

In conclusion all I can say is that Jimmy Carter is the type of leader every nation wants but no one truly deserves

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ichael McCarthyMan
18 weeks ago

Lucan

He was the only US president in our, or at least my, lifetime not to go to war. That's a huge factor in it. Gun toting, flag waving Murica loves a war, as does the armaments industry.

By *entlemanFoxMan
18 weeks ago

North East / London

Operation Eagle Claw

By *entlemanFoxMan
18 weeks ago

North East / London

…and the economy was in a mess; and

What was considered a poor response to the Three Mile Island incident.

By *irldnCouple
18 weeks ago

Brighton

"…and the economy was in a mess; and

What was considered a poor response to the Three Mile Island incident. "

Was the economy a mess because of Carter or was he trying to sort out the mess he inherited (and a global economic downturn in the 70s)?

By *mateur100Man
18 weeks ago

nr faversham

"I have had the honour of meeting Jimmy Carter once when I visited the Emory University and he is hands the down the most genuine and humble politician I have ever met

The only thing I don't understand is why he was portrayed as a failure

He refused to co-operate with corrupt politicians, initiated many peace treaties the most noble being the Camp -David accords,hired a black woman wrongly accused of murder as a nanny for his daughter,sent his daughter to a public school,pardoned the Vietnam draft evaders , initiated measures against global warming,the list goes on . However the media portray him as a week and inefficient leader whereas I think he was the most intelligent and the most deserving person to hold the office

In conclusion all I can say is that Jimmy Carter is the type of leader every nation wants but no one truly deserves "

Jimmy Carter ex Millwall footballer?

18 weeks ago

Birmingham

Carter definitely tried to sort out the message economic strain of Vietnam war and mishandling of economy under Nixon and Ford had to show the strain somewhere

18 weeks ago

Birmingham

That's what's admirable about him ,He only did what's right despite of knowing that this will ange others

By *erryspringerMan
18 weeks ago

Glasgow

Any politician who doesn't serve powerful vested interests is always portrayed negatively. Unfortunately for him the failed hostage rescue bid made the mud easier to stick.

But since then its only got worse. There vested interest lobby groups have only grown more powerful exponentially..

By *ools and the brainCouple
18 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Sorry I read Jimmy Carr

By *andt1995Couple
17 weeks ago

London

"He was the only US president in our, or at least my, lifetime not to go to war. That's a huge factor in it. Gun toting, flag waving Murica loves a war, as does the armaments industry. "

Bizarrely Trump didn’t go to war either.

Post new Message to Thread