Ed Davey's Campaign Jollies

Jump to newest

By *atEvolution OP   Couple
5 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Stand up paddle boarding day one.

Riding bikes downhill day two.

Slip n Slide day three.

What actual f**k? This is how the Lib Dem Campaign funds are being spent?

Total . . . *^*^

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *idnight RamblerMan
5 weeks ago

Pershore

He's a clown, and he seems intent on proving it.

By *roadShoulderzMan
5 weeks ago

Petersfield

There's no such thing as bad publicity, or

There's only one thing in the world worst than being talked about, and that is being not talked about.

What would you do to attract publicity if you were leader of a small party with limited funds? Reform is doing exactly the same with joker Farage and his comedy act.

Look at how Richard Branson was so successful taking on British Airways with his publicity pranks, balloon flights etc. A very cheap way to obtain worldwide publicity for a startup airline....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
5 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Not sure being laughed at is going to improve his already low standing..

Maybe getting a dose of the shits from swallowing sewage in Windermere is some sort of sympathy vote attempt..?

By *mateur100Man
5 weeks ago

nr faversham

This is a party that is pro PR yet is polling behind the Reform party

By *wosmilersCouple
5 weeks ago

Heathrowish

In all fairness, most of the public are either hard set in voting for the party that they always vote for or they are apathetic towards the choices available.

Clowning about while trying to put forward a policy or two at least differs from Mr Grey or Mr Grey.

Personally, if it was my campaign, I wouldn't chance picking up illness or injury from such stunts, especially with the state or our water.

By *eavilMan
5 weeks ago

Stalybridge

The man is a dickhead. Count Binface makes far more sense and has far better ideas but gets no air time. He knows his party is a joke and thinks he might as well enjoy himself because after the results are in he will be out on his arse and another clown picked to run the circus.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
5 weeks ago

golden fields

"The man is a dickhead. Count Binface makes far more sense and has far better ideas but gets no air time. He knows his party is a joke and thinks he might as well enjoy himself because after the results are in he will be out on his arse and another clown picked to run the circus."

I think that's the first time I've seen anyone have any strong opinions on the lib Dems since they sold out the people who voted for them and went into the coalition government in 2010.

By *llie37555Man
5 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"The man is a dickhead. Count Binface makes far more sense and has far better ideas but gets no air time. He knows his party is a joke and thinks he might as well enjoy himself because after the results are in he will be out on his arse and another clown picked to run the circus."

Let's face it, the Lib Dems generally range from 12 to 50 or so MPs. This time, I suspect daft Davey wants to extend that range.

Downwards.....

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
5 weeks ago

nearby

Sir Ed Davey was one of several ministers responsible for the Post Office from 2010-12 when the Lib Dems were in a coalition government with the Tories. During this time he refused to meet the whistle-blower Alan Bates and said: "I do not believe a meeting would serve any useful purpose.”

How on earth did Davey get a knighthood.

My first boss A M Charlesworth DFC was a spitfire ace in the Battle of Britain, nobody gave him a knighthood.

By *ony 2016Man
4 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Sir Ed Davey was one of several ministers responsible for the Post Office from 2010-12 when the Lib Dems were in a coalition government with the Tories. During this time he refused to meet the whistle-blower Alan Bates and said: "I do not believe a meeting would serve any useful purpose.”

How on earth did Davey get a knighthood.

My first boss A M Charlesworth DFC was a spitfire ace in the Battle of Britain, nobody gave him a knighthood. "

I think if you were a LibDem Minister in the coalition government there is a 50% chance you are now a "sir"

4 weeks ago

Oh dear,

And Now the Party Leader was . . .

*********** Lib Dem leader fined for speeding on motorway

Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey has been fined for speeding after being caught doing 73mph in a 60mph zone on the M1 motorway. ************

Hope it wasn't in the Big Yellow Party Bus !!!!!!

By *llie37555Man
4 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"Oh dear,

And Now the Party Leader was . . .

*********** Lib Dem leader fined for speeding on motorway

Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey has been fined for speeding after being caught doing 73mph in a 60mph zone on the M1 motorway. ************

Hope it wasn't in the Big Yellow Party Bus !!!!!!

"

If it's a Motorway, the speed limit is 70 and 73 would rarely be prosecuted. Why was it 60? Sounds like a variable speed limit for some hazard and caught by a gantry camera.

Often, though, the hazard is over and defence solicitors have proved this - so just tardiness in switching off the 60.

He should ask why it was in force, when was the hazard cleared etc, use Freedom of Information requests etc, they have to respond. There's far too much of this gantry flip-flopping, sometimes 40 to 60 to 50 to 70 in just a few hundred yards! Often the gantry speed limits are hidden by tall trucks.

The motorway speed limit is 70, but should be 75 with modern cars. This would not be an offence in France where the speed limit is 81mph or Germany where there is no limit. No wonder many people see gantry cameras as cash cows. There's been reports of gantry camera /sign operators laughing in the control centres as they monkey about with the speed limits as if it's a big laugh watching vehicles speed up and slow down.

4 weeks ago

He's already been prosecuted, paid the fine and taken the hit on his licence.

Done and dusted.

By *llie37555Man
4 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"He's already been prosecuted, paid the fine and taken the hit on his licence.

Done and dusted. "

Perhaps Ed is appealing?

4 weeks ago

"He's already been prosecuted, paid the fine and taken the hit on his licence.

Done and dusted.

Perhaps Ed is appealing? "

Nope

By *llie37555Man
4 weeks ago

Market Drayton

I don't mean endearing!

I meant challenging legally.

Are you saying nope on both counts?

Post new Message to Thread