Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Another junior doctor strike set

Jump to newest

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
17 weeks ago

Peterborough

Ends just before election day.

What's the rationale for not waiting until the new government is in?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
17 weeks ago

nearby

Excellent timing

Should focus voters on the past fourteen disasterous years of public services and austerity under conservatives.

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
17 weeks ago

Peterborough

Atkinson, on the 10 o'clock news states she's very angry.

Diddums, she should have made a better offer like she did with the already wealthy consultants (my point being they could have waited but money goes to money).

By *arry and MegsCouple
17 weeks ago

Ipswich

"Atkinson, on the 10 o'clock news states she's very angry.

Diddums, she should have made a better offer like she did with the already wealthy consultants (my point being they could have waited but money goes to money)."

Doesn't that give junior doctors an incentive, get into that big salary?

Would it be better to pay the juniors more and the consultants less ?

By *melie LAL OP   Woman
17 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Atkinson, on the 10 o'clock news states she's very angry.

Diddums, she should have made a better offer like she did with the already wealthy consultants (my point being they could have waited but money goes to money).

Doesn't that give junior doctors an incentive, get into that big salary?

Would it be better to pay the juniors more and the consultants less ?"

The incentive is already there.

By *llitnilMan
17 weeks ago

Shirehampton

"Excellent timing

Should focus voters on the past fourteen disasterous years of public services and austerity under conservatives."

I think it's more likely to focus voters on the future with Labour.

Labour have been vocal in supporting the doctors and saying that they need a pay rise. With the election coming up, Labour will now have to explain how much they plan to give the doctors, and where the money will be coming from.

Whatever the answers are, it'll give people food for the pre-conceived idea that Labour will be appeasing the unions, paying out more to get the same services, and raising taxes to pay for it all.

By *otMe66Man
17 weeks ago

Terra Firma

The timing is awful, striking now achieves nothing when the government is not going to negotiate, it is Politically motivated stunts from the BMA again.

By *eroy1000Man
17 weeks ago

milton keynes

"The timing is awful, striking now achieves nothing when the government is not going to negotiate, it is Politically motivated stunts from the BMA again.

"

Most probably politically motivated though it affects Labour badly too given they will be in office in days. The question they are asked is do they support the strikes. The Labour guy I watched yesterday said they don't support the strikes so could be a bit of a clash as they have to deal with it. Are they still demanding 35% ?

By *idnight RamblerMan
17 weeks ago

Pershore

"Excellent timing

Should focus voters on the past fourteen disasterous years of public services and austerity under conservatives.

"

So do Doctor's duties now extend to telling us how to vote? Maybe they should spend more time on the wards!

By *roadShoulderzMan
17 weeks ago

Seahouses

I believe one of the big differences between the Tories and Labour is their attitude towards workers.

The Tories seem to view workers as a cost, to be cut back whenever possible, often just to reward themselves with even higher bonuses.

Whereas Labour views workers as an asset, and to build upon that asset to improve the country's wellbeing.

We also shouldn't forget Junior Doctors and nursues were on the frontline when Covid hit putting their lives at risk. Some died.

Any strike usually suggests both sides have entrenched themselves, so if there is a change of government, at least there will be new ideas how to resolve the pay problem.

Post new Message to Thread