Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

So Sunak says:

Jump to newest

By *roadShoulderz OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Petersfield

"He stepped up to do something that is bold" over his plan to phase out smoking and that he is "disappointed" it did not come into law.

So in his 19 months in office did he try to do anything else which is "bold" or just spent his energy on clearing up the messes left by Bunter and then the Lettuce?

I can't think of anything else but I'm happy to be enlightened....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

His five points were.

Halving inflation

Growing the economy

Reducing debt

Cutting NHS waiting lists

Stopping small boats

And he said "I fully expect you to hold my government and I to account on delivering those goals"

4 weeks ago

Petersfield

"His five points were.

Halving inflation

Growing the economy

Reducing debt

Stopping small boats

And he said "I fully expect you to hold my government and I to account on delivering those goals"

"

But those are the usual political soundbites any PM would spout.

My post was asking if anyone can suggest what he will be remembered for. The tobacco ban would have been a good legacy in my view.

Is there really nothing else he will be remembered for other than whinging in the rain?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

"His five points were.

Halving inflation

Growing the economy

Reducing debt

Stopping small boats

But those are the usual political soundbites any PM would spout.

My post was asking if anyone can suggest what he will be remembered for. The tobacco ban would have been a good legacy in my view.

Is there really nothing else he will be remembered for other than whinging in the rain?"

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Sunak invited us to judge him on those five things. And I agree with him. The only one he achieved was "halving inflation" and only because he said it when inflation was at a high point, if he said it a month or two either side of the peak, he would have failed on that too.

By *oulderingBearMan
4 weeks ago

Falme

""He stepped up to do something that is bold" over his plan to phase out smoking and that he is "disappointed" it did not come into law.

So in his 19 months in office did he try to do anything else which is "bold" or just spent his energy on clearing up the messes left by Bunter and then the Lettuce?

I can't think of anything else but I'm happy to be enlightened...."

He had as much time as he needed to get that law passed and the main reason it won't be is because of him choosing to call the election, to me thats akin to saying "I am disappointed that my car no longer works after driving it very deliberately into a wall."

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
4 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

They've all made plenty of money and connections now so they're calling it a day.

4 weeks ago

Petersfield

""He stepped up to do something that is bold" over his plan to phase out smoking and that he is "disappointed" it did not come into law.

I can't think of anything else but I'm happy to be enlightened....

He had as much time as he needed to get that law passed and the main reason it won't be is because of him choosing to call the election, to me thats akin to saying "I am disappointed that my car no longer works after driving it very deliberately into a wall."

"

I fully agree although Sunak will probably end up on the Board of British American Tobacco lol.

And the Renters Reform Bill has also been binned. Although he hasn't expressed his "disappointment" about that. Probably doesn't realise there are 4.6 million rental homes so about 8 million votes.

He's had his chance but appears to have blown it. Perhaps it's down to his divided party but either way it's looking very bad for umbrella man.

By *oulderingBearMan
4 weeks ago

Falme

""He stepped up

for umbrella man."

#To the tune that we all know and love#

It's Five o'clock on Thursay,

I can feel the walls closing in.

The cabinet sitting round the table,

Asking when are we packing it in?

Two thousand nineteen is a memory

We've really fucked up since lynching BoJo.

Your starter, your sweet, was a tenner of each week.

And now we go to the polls.

La, la-la, di-dee-da

La-la, di-dee-da da-dum

Why did I forget my Umbrella, Man?

No one told me it was wet.

They're playing the theme,

Damn that D'ream

California is dry oh yes.

(Actually rather proud of this but know it needs some professional work)

3 weeks ago

Petersfield

So Umbrella Man Sunak thinks giving pensioners a tax break of 27 pence a day is going to win him votes? That's a tax break on taxes he introduced.

No wonder Tory candidates are disassociating themselves from him with neutral leafets hardly mentioning the Conservatives.

By *llie37555Man
3 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"So Umbrella Man Sunak thinks giving pensioners a tax break of 27 pence a day is going to win him votes? That's a tax break on taxes he introduced.

No wonder Tory candidates are disassociating themselves from him with neutral leafets hardly mentioning the Conservatives."

Maybe this is what is meant by shy Tories!

Post new Message to Thread