4 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

There's an Election?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
4 weeks ago

Border of London

Which is more frightening:

Rishi's replacement as PM, should be win and be torn down, or Starmer's?

By *one_wolf. OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

"There's an Election? "

#GennyLec

By *atEvolutionCouple
4 weeks ago

"There's an Election?

#GennyLec"

#OffGrid

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Which is more frightening:

Rishi's replacement as PM, should be win and be torn down, or Starmer's?"

Cannot make sense of this.

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Shoul we have one theads for policies?

And one thread for following the gaffs?

(And watch the gaff one smash it out then park)

By *ony 2016Man
4 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

[Removed by poster at 24/05/24 02:13:54]

By *abioMan
4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

As much as I welcome the inflation figures the problem is that rishi still has an inflation vs wages problem

Let me explain….

2.3 percentage sounds good… but remember it’s a year on year figure

If the year before the figure was 11 percent.. you still have an issue

So from the point we basically came out of Covid 2 years ago… something that would have cost £100 then would roughly £115 now

So… anyone else had a 15% wage rise in the last couple of years… me neither!

Rishi went now because the economist in him said it probably wasn’t going to get much better… people are going to shout cost of living, most public sector strikes would probably be coming ect ect….

The economy isn’t boosting unless we feel it in our pockets… people won’t even start seeing that till interest rates start going down ect.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"As much as I welcome the inflation figures the problem is that rishi still has an inflation vs wages problem

Let me explain….

So from the point we basically came out of Covid 2 years ago… something that would have cost £100 then would roughly £115 now

Rishi went now because the economist in him said it probably wasn’t going to get much better… people are going to shout cost of living, most public sector strikes would probably be coming ect ect….

The economy isn’t boosting unless we feel it in our pockets… people won’t even start seeing that till interest rates start going down ect."

Inflation is measured by the CPI, the cost of everyday items, which currently are 2.3% higher than they were 12 months ago.

Prices will rise naturally, but high inflation will inject price increases that tend to linger, as you point out and can have a long term impact.

The government set out a list of measures to tackle rising inflation and have succeeded in bringing inflation down and costs of everyday items.

This is a win for all of us, not understanding this fully gives a negative view point such as the one you presented, factual without explanation, it satisfies those who simply have an axe to grind.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

"As much as I welcome the inflation figures the problem is that rishi still has an inflation vs wages problem

Let me explain….

The economy isn’t boosting unless we feel it in our pockets… people won’t even start seeing that till interest rates start going down ect.

Inflation is measured by the CPI, the cost of everyday items, which currently are 2.3% higher than they were 12 months ago.

Prices will rise naturally, but high inflation will inject price increases that tend to linger, as you point out and can have a long term impact.

The government set out a list of measures to tackle rising inflation and have succeeded in bringing inflation down and costs of everyday items.

This is a win for all of us, not understanding this fully gives a negative view point such as the one you presented, factual without explanation, it satisfies those who simply have an axe to grind."

Not sure how this is a win for all of us?

Everything is still expensive as fuck compared to how it was a couple of years back.

By *irldnCouple
4 weeks ago

Brighton

Let me explain….

This is a win for all of us, not understanding this fully gives a negative view point such as the one you presented, factual without explanation, it satisfies those who simply have an axe to grind."

Hmmm surely unless we have a period of deflation then it is only partially good news as it means prices are just rising less steeply!

Year 1 = 11% so product costing £100 is now £111

Year 2 = 2% so product costing £111 is now £113.22

So as Fabio says, unless your pay has increased commensurately you continue to be worse off!

And BofE blame wage inflation for high base rate!

By *altenkommandoMan
4 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

And BofE blame wage inflation for high base rate! "

While conveniently ignoring it’s own inflationary monetary policy.

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Let me explain….

they haven't succeeded in bringing down costs. That's deflation. They have "succeeded" in reducing the rate at which costs are increasing.

I struggle with assigning cause and effect with some economics. It's not clear why they get the reward for it reducing but not the blame for it increasing.

After all, was anyone predicting that, without their measures, inflation would stay at 10pc?

Imo they are taking credit for gravity. They may have helped (tbc) but most of this would have happened without them.

(Same applies of labour were in. No dig at Tories, but all parties have this habit of celebrating the bulls as their success and blaming the bears on the external world)

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

This is a win for all of us, not understanding this fully gives a negative view point such as the one you presented, factual without explanation, it satisfies those who simply have an axe to grind.

Hmmm surely unless we have a period of deflation then it is only partially good news as it means prices are just rising less steeply!

So as Fabio says, unless your pay has increased commensurately you continue to be worse off!

And BofE blame wage inflation for high base rate! "

You and others are missing the core point, inflation was going the wrong way and with so many challenges such as strikes, as an example, the management of the economy was tough.

The government managed to slow the rise and therefore reduce the increase in the cost of living substantially.

I could have worded that better in my first post.

Either way this is an example of managing the economy to the benefit of the nation, and should be recognised as such. I guess that’s a thing, some people don’t recognise or understand how difficult it is to manage such things.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

This is a win for all of us, not understanding this fully gives a negative view point such as the one you presented, factual without explanation, it satisfies those who simply have an axe to grind.they haven't succeeded in bringing down costs. That's deflation. They have "succeeded" in reducing the rate at which costs are increasing.

I struggle with assigning cause and effect with some economics. It's not clear why they get the reward for it reducing but not the blame for it increasing.

After all, was anyone predicting that, without their measures, inflation would stay at 10pc?

Imo they are taking credit for gravity. They may have helped (tbc) but most of this would have happened without them.

(Same applies of labour were in. No dig at Tories, but all parties have this habit of celebrating the bulls as their success and blaming the bears on the external world)

"

You are using if’s but’s and maybe’s to make a point that doesn’t exist. The government slowed the rate of inflation through tough negotiations and decisions, the facts of this are in the figures.

I do not care what party is managing the governmental responsibility for the economy, if they get it right as they have done now, it should be recognised.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Let me explain….

You and others are missing the core point, inflation was going the wrong way and with so many challenges such as strikes, as an example, the management of the economy was tough.

The government managed to slow the rise and therefore reduce the increase in the cost of living substantially.

Either way this is an example of managing the economy to the benefit of the nation, and should be recognised as such. I guess that’s a thing, some people don’t recognise or understand how difficult it is to manage such things."

I understand this, but I don't understand how everything still being much more expensive can be considered win for all of us.

By *idnight RamblerMan
4 weeks ago

Pershore

If we look at the actual graphs of wage increases vs inflation over the past 5 years, we can see that the dominant rate alternates. That's because there is 'cause and effect' between the two. It's not correct to say wages are always lagging behind inflation.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 24/05/24 08:39:26]

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

Either way this is an example of managing the economy to the benefit of the nation, and should be recognised as such. I guess that’s a thing, some people don’t recognise or understand how difficult it is to manage such things.

I understand this, but I don't understand how everything still being much more expensive can be considered win for all of us. "

Our economy along with most other countries was in trouble, inflation was spiralling upwards and without the correct approach we would still be facing higher and higher costs for everyday items, extending the cost of living crisis. However unpopular the decisions have been, not bending to junior doctors, train drivers etc the actions have worked to bring down the rise and hopefully stability is now back.

We always face inflation, it is essential for our economy to manage the rate, it makes industries look at investing here and creating jobs

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Let me explain….

I understand this, but I don't understand how everything still being much more expensive can be considered win for all of us.

Our economy along with most other countries was in trouble, inflation was spiralling upwards and without the correct approach we would still be facing higher and higher costs for everyday items, extending the cost of living crisis. However unpopular the decisions have been, not bending to junior doctors, train drivers etc the actions have worked to bring down the rise and hopefully stability is now back.

We always face inflation, it is essential for our economy to manage the rate, it makes industries look at investing here and creating jobs"

I got you, it could have been worse?

As I understand it, stable inflation is good. Unstable inflation, such at it has been recently, causes problems.

I'm still not chalking down a slowdown in the risings costs as a win. Most of us are relatively poorer now.

By *anbrCouple
4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Has no-one seen the post on X? There is a clip of a journalist - from Sky news I think - where he explains this perfectly with graphs. The BoE work towards a "bandwidth" for the inflation %. However this figure now sits on top of 20% overall inflation. As has been stated previously, austerity - which is a governmental choice - has dictated that wages could never keep pace with this level of inflation. Then factor in "COVID"; the "war in Ukraine" and Liz Truss.

Meanwhile the wealth and assets are being stripped out of the country - why have billionaires and millionaires wealth increased by so much throughout this period whilst many are left struggling to make ends meet?

I am not a member of any political party nor have any particular affiliations to any of them. But I am very aware that "trickle down economics" does not and has not worked for us and it is time for a complete change in our political make up.

I am also aware that if I look at the lies, corruption and scandals that constantly surround the conservative party, I cannot understand how anyone could possibly vote for them!

By *irldnCouple
4 weeks ago

Brighton

Let me explain….

We always face inflation, it is essential for our economy to manage the rate, it makes industries look at investing here and creating jobs"

So I thought it was widely accepted that a primary driver of inflation in the past couple of years (in the UK) was the dramatic increase in wholesale gas costs following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine (and increase in grain costs, same reason). The fall in gas prices (on the global market) are not attributed to the UK Govt are they?

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Let me explain….

This is a win for all of us, not understanding this fully gives a negative view point such as the one you presented, factual without explanation, it satisfies those who simply have an axe to grind.they haven't succeeded in bringing down costs. That's deflation. They have "succeeded" in reducing the rate at which costs are increasing.

You are using if’s but’s and maybe’s to make a point that doesn’t exist. The government slowed the rate of inflation through tough negotiations and decisions, the facts of this are in the figures.

I do not care what party is managing the governmental responsibility for the economy, if they get it right as they have done now, it should be recognised. "

the government cause 10pc inflation. The facts in the figures. They should be recognised for being asleep at the wheel and the cost to us.

(I don't believe this but it's consistent with your view)

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

We always face inflation, it is essential for our economy to manage the rate, it makes industries look at investing here and creating jobs

So I thought it was widely accepted that a primary driver of inflation in the past couple of years (in the UK) was the dramatic increase in wholesale gas costs following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine (and increase in grain costs, same reason). The fall in gas prices (on the global market) are not attributed to the UK Govt are they?"

It was a factor, along with hundreds more such as increased personal wealth during lockdown, driving home improvements.

Far too many to mention and another example of why it’s so difficult to manage

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

I do not care what party is managing the governmental responsibility for the economy, if they get it right as they have done now, it should be recognised. the government cause 10pc inflation. The facts in the figures. They should be recognised for being asleep at the wheel and the cost to us.

(I don't believe this but it's consistent with your view) "

I’m not sure you’ve got a grip on this

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

As I understand it, stable inflation is good. Unstable inflation, such at it has been recently, causes problems.

I'm still not chalking down a slowdown in the risings costs as a win. Most of us are relatively poorer now."

We rely on our government to manage this on our behalf, they have.

If they had failed to get on top of this, I would be the first in line to criticise

By *irldnCouple
4 weeks ago

Brighton

Let me explain….

So I thought it was widely accepted that a primary driver of inflation in the past couple of years (in the UK) was the dramatic increase in wholesale gas costs following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine (and increase in grain costs, same reason). The fall in gas prices (on the global market) are not attributed to the UK Govt are they?

It was a factor, along with hundreds more such as increased personal wealth during lockdown, driving home improvements.

Far too many to mention and another example of why it’s so difficult to manage"

It *feels* like you are trying to give the Govt undue credit. Like high inflation wasn’t their fault but getting inflation reduced is due to them.

Bottom line though is that most people are worse off than they were a few years back.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Has no-one seen the post on X? There is a clip of a journalist - from Sky news I think - where he explains this perfectly with graphs. The BoE work towards a "bandwidth" for the inflation %. However this figure now sits on top of 20% overall inflation. As has been stated previously, austerity - which is a governmental choice - has dictated that wages could never keep pace with this level of inflation. Then factor in "COVID"; the "war in Ukraine" and Liz Truss.

Meanwhile the wealth and assets are being stripped out of the country - why have billionaires and millionaires wealth increased by so much throughout this period whilst many are left struggling to make ends meet?

I am not a member of any political party nor have any particular affiliations to any of them. But I am very aware that "trickle down economics" does not and has not worked for us and it is time for a complete change in our political make up.

I am also aware that if I look at the lies, corruption and scandals that constantly surround the conservative party, I cannot understand how anyone could possibly vote for them!"

I have seen that report……. It was made for the audience

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Let me explain….

I'm still not chalking down a slowdown in the risings costs as a win. Most of us are relatively poorer now.

If they had failed to get on top of this, I would be the first in line to criticise "

I guess the point here is that people will see that despite being poorer now, they still give credit to the Tories and are more likely to vote for them.

Learning why people might vote Tory is interesting.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

It *feels* like you are trying to give the Govt undue credit. Like high inflation wasn’t their fault but getting inflation reduced is due to them.

Bottom line though is that most people are worse off than they were a few years back."

It is simple, global and local issues will provide challenges and they have to all countries during the last 4-5 years, but our elected government has done the job we ask of them and managed our economy, and by default we will begin to see some benefits start to appear.

It is no harder to understand than that

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

If they had failed to get on top of this, I would be the first in line to criticise

I guess the point here is that people will see that despite being poorer now, they still give credit to the Tories and are more likely to vote for them.

Learning why people might vote Tory is interesting."

You as are others are adding party politics to this, I’m clear that I’m talking government responsibility.

The colour of the party is irrelevant

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Let me explain….

You as are others are adding party politics to this, I’m clear that I’m talking government responsibility.

The colour of the party is irrelevant "

I got your meaning. I think lots of the electorate will agree with you on this.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

I got your meaning. I think lots of the electorate will agree with you on this."

No they won’t…

They will like demonstrated here, fall back to party gate, Covid, Brexit and many other things rather than looking at the task we are talking about.

It is the go to position, don’t discuss the actual task or issue, talk about everything but.

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Let me explain….

Bottom line though is that most people are worse off than they were a few years back."

thats my point too. Sounds like we are both not getting a grip of this

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Let me explain….

The economy isn’t boosting unless we feel it in our pockets… people won’t even start seeing that till interest rates start going down ect."

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Let me explain….

"

Spot on.

Same with economic uplift.

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Let me explain….

Either way this is an example of managing the economy to the benefit of the nation, and should be recognised as such. I guess that’s a thing, some people don’t recognise or understand how difficult it is to manage such things."

So Labour get crucified in the 2010 election due to western economics, but the tories get the credit for lessening the inflationary effects in 2024... hmm something wrong with this comparison.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Let me explain….

I got your meaning. I think lots of the electorate will agree with you on this.

No they won’t…

They will like demonstrated here, fall back to party gate, Covid, Brexit and many other things rather than looking at the task we are talking about.

It is the go to position, don’t discuss the actual task or issue, talk about everything but."

I think they will, they will be given lines from the Tories and their supporting media that this has been a great success slowing inflation. Nothing about people still being poorer, and nothing about the inflation being allowed to happen in the first place.

Sure some people are swayed by party gate, using covid to get rich and give lucrative contracts to their pals, or because they thought Brexit was a good idea. But I don't see a contradiction here.

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

"If we look at the actual graphs of wage increases vs inflation over the past 5 years, we can see that the dominant rate alternates. That's because there is 'cause and effect' between the two. It's not correct to say wages are always lagging behind inflation."

Unless you're a public sector worker who has experienced below inflation rate increases, majority of zero increases in the last 14 years.

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Let me explain….

But ironically bending to consultants...

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Has no-one seen the post on X? There is a clip of a journalist - from Sky news I think - where he explains this perfectly with graphs. The BoE work towards a "bandwidth" for the inflation %. However this figure now sits on top of 20% overall inflation. As has been stated previously, austerity - which is a governmental choice - has dictated that wages could never keep pace with this level of inflation. Then factor in "COVID"; the "war in Ukraine" and Liz Truss.

I am also aware that if I look at the lies, corruption and scandals that constantly surround the conservative party, I cannot understand how anyone could possibly vote for them!"

I wish there was a clapping icon.

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Let me explain….

Learning why people might vote Tory is interesting."

Short memories?

By *resesse_MelioremCouple
4 weeks ago

Border of London

Cannot make sense of this."

People often talk about voting for a PM. Rishi Vs Keir. We don't, of course. We vote for an MP, who often represents a party. That party then chooses a leader, who becomes PM.

Which is more frightening - the person/group who will take over should Rishi Sunak be voted in and then deposed, or the person/group who will take over should Keir Starmer be voted in and then deposed? Neither is especially secure within their respective parties.

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Let me explain….

So Labour get crucified in the 2010 election due to western economics, but the tories get the credit for lessening the inflationary effects in 2024... hmm something wrong with this comparison."

brown should have been called out for his no more boom or bust spiel. However he took credit here and so had nowhere to turn when the macros burnt him. This is the same on reverse. Both sides do the same. And both sides supporters will be inconsistent about spheres of control and influence in ways that are congruent to their leanings.

Most of the economy is driven by outside influences. That's why we should, at most, do relative comparisons with similar economies, rather than deal with absolutes.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Let me explain….

Short memories?"

Not really paying attention.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

Bottom line though is that most people are worse off than they were a few years back.thats my point too. Sounds like we are both not getting a grip of this

"

You do understand how things tend to get worse before they get better when inflation is being brought under control?

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

But ironically bending to consultants..."

Decisions need to be made.

Giving people money to help with heating costs would prolong inflation, but it was paid.

Everything needs to be carefully managed, the government has managed a lot of moving parts to bring down inflation.

By *oulderingBearMan
4 weeks ago

Falme

And now they are bickering about the debates. Not really a fan of them compared to the American version (a reverse Red Dwarf) as would rather hear from local MP etc.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
4 weeks ago

nearby

As was clear on question time last night Labour have nothing to offer, only criticism

Tory representative a misinformed clot, plan for this plan for that.

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

The worst outcome for the GE is labour being forced to make a coalition.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

"The worst outcome for the GE is labour being forced to make a coalition.

"

Would that be worse than 5 more years of Tory rule, or Reform forming a government?

By *idnight RamblerMan
4 weeks ago

Pershore

Would that be worse than 5 more years of Tory rule, or Reform forming a government?"

Labour and/or a coalition will be an unmitigated disaster, but seemingly an ordeal we have to face to purge ourselves of the Tories.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Would that be worse than 5 more years of Tory rule, or Reform forming a government?

Labour and/or a coalition will be an unmitigated disaster, but seemingly an ordeal we have to face to purge ourselves of the Tories. "

More of an unmitigated disaster than the Tories have been?

I'm interested why you guys might think this.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Stockport

Let me explain….

Bringing inflation down does not actually make anything cheaper. Unless inflation is zero, prices are still going up, just less quickly. Prices don't go down unless we have negative inflation, aka deflation, which has different dire consequences for the economy.

The fact is that unless you have had wage increases equal to or better than the cumulative total of all the years inflations, you are now worse off than before prime minister (pick any one of the last five) came into power.

Brexit particularly h

By *eroy1000Man
4 weeks ago

milton keynes

Let me explain….

It is a year on year figure and so is the 11% figure so they are directly comparable. It should be pointed out that the 11% was for one month only. The actual total year inflation was much lower. Also remember when inflation was really high the complaint was that wages were not keeping up. For a good few months now the reverse is true and average wage rises are well ahead of inflation.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Let me explain….

It is a year on year figure and so is the 11% figure so they are directly comparable. It should be pointed out that the 11% was for one month only. The actual total year inflation was much lower. Also remember when inflation was really high the complaint was that wages were not keeping up. For a good few months now the reverse is true and average wage rises are well ahead of inflation."

Doesn't matter if it was for a short time. Prices increased, and didn't go back don't.

Unless you're getting a wage increase during these "good few months" it's not going to make any difference to most of us.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Stockport

Let me explain….

Bringing inflation down does not actually make anything cheaper. Unless inflation is zero, prices are still going up, just less quickly. Prices don't go down unless we have negative inflation, aka deflation, which has different dire consequences for the economy.

The fact is that unless you have had wage increases equal to or better than the cumulative total of all the years inflations, you are now worse off than before prime minister (pick any one of the last five) came into power.

Brexit particularly has had a terrible effect on the prosperity of the majority of people in the UK, at one stroke leaving most of us about 20% behind our continental cousins: this will be a permanent 20% lag, and on current showings the gap will probably widen. I do not expect the UK to even catch up with the EU, never mind get ahead, during the lifetimes of any of us currently alive.

By *idnight RamblerMan
4 weeks ago

Pershore

Let me explain….

It is a year on year figure and so is the 11% figure so they are directly comparable. It should be pointed out that the 11% was for one month only. The actual total year inflation was much lower. Also remember when inflation was really high the complaint was that wages were not keeping up. For a good few months now the reverse is true and average wage rises are well ahead of inflation.

Doesn't matter if it was for a short time. Prices increased, and didn't go back don't.

Unless you're getting a wage increase during these "good few months" it's not going to make any difference to most of us."

Whereas when wage increases are outstripping inflation you are better off.

By *AFKA HovisMan
4 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Let me explain….

Bottom line though is that most people are worse off than they were a few years back.thats my point too. Sounds like we are both not getting a grip of this

You do understand how things tend to get worse before they get better when inflation is being brought under control?"

I do. Although I disagree things getting better is necessarily as a result of government action.

A war in Ukraine caused a reduction in cereal supply. That causes a hit to price.

If that lack of supply continues next year it's not clear to me why there would be another jump in prices of the supply and demand don't change. Rather than stay at the same higher price as last year.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Let me explain….

You do understand how things tend to get worse before they get better when inflation is being brought under control?I do. Although I disagree things getting better is necessarily as a result of government action.

A war in Ukraine caused a reduction in cereal supply. That causes a hit to price.

If that lack of supply continues next year it's not clear to me why there would be another jump in prices of the supply and demand don't change. Rather than stay at the same higher price as last year. "

In the case of inflation, it's not that it's "getting better" it's just no longer getting worse.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
4 weeks ago

Cumbria

Whether the government are ‘technically’ doing a good job with the economy right now is irrelevant. How people feel will dictate how they vote. And unless you’re rich you are very, very unlikely to be feeling better off.

When people ask themselves ’do I have more disposable income than I had 2, 5, 10, or 14 years ago?’ the answer is overwhelmingly going to be ‘no’.

When people ask if they’re able to see a GP, or get hospital treatment more quickly than they did 2, 5, 10, or 14 years ago , the answer is overwhelmingly no.

It’s the same with public services in general.

These are the issues the Tories are going to struggle to get people to trust them on, that’s why they will try and frighten everyone into believing it will be worse under Labour, and who in their right mind would believe a thing the Tories say, with their track record?

By *eroy1000Man
4 weeks ago

milton keynes

Let me explain….

Unless you're getting a wage increase during these "good few months" it's not going to make any difference to most of us."

If you compare it to a situation where prices increased for a longer period of time, I would say it does matter. The quicker inflation falls the better, in my opinion. I do understand lower inflation means prices are still rising but just slower though too low inflation can also be bad and the bank are not supposed to let it go to low either. Some items have reduced in price so it not always a case of gone up by inflation then gone up by lower amount of inflation. Several items I by regular went up I would say around 20% when things went crazy but have since dropped to their previous price. Obviously that's just personal to certain grocery items I buy but shows not everything only goes up.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

Let me explain….

Unless you're getting a wage increase during these "good few months" it's not going to make any difference to most of us.

If you compare it to a situation where prices increased for a longer period of time, I would say it does matter. The quicker inflation falls the better, in my opinion. I do understand lower inflation means prices are still rising but just slower though too low inflation can also be bad and the bank are not supposed to let it go to low either. Some items have reduced in price so it not always a case of gone up by inflation then gone up by lower amount of inflation. Several items I by regular went up I would say around 20% when things went crazy but have since dropped to their previous price. Obviously that's just personal to certain grocery items I buy but shows not everything only goes up. "

What items dropped in price, food produce?

Can't say I've noticed. Things took a sharp upturn, but then stayed up.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
4 weeks ago

nearby

Gove standing down

77/351 so far

By *eroy1000Man
4 weeks ago

milton keynes

Let me explain….

If you compare it to a situation where prices increased for a longer period of time, I would say it does matter. The quicker inflation falls the better, in my opinion. I do understand lower inflation means prices are still rising but just slower though too low inflation can also be bad and the bank are not supposed to let it go to low either. Some items have reduced in price so it not always a case of gone up by inflation then gone up by lower amount of inflation. Several items I by regular went up I would say around 20% when things went crazy but have since dropped to their previous price. Obviously that's just personal to certain grocery items I buy but shows not everything only goes up.

What items dropped in price, food produce?

Can't say I've noticed. Things took a sharp upturn, but then stayed up. "

Yes some food products and drink products I buy on a regular basis have fallen back to or very close to the original price. A coffee jar I but regular was always £1.99 for ages then started going up sharply until it got to £2.45 from memory so quite a jump in percentage terms. Since then it has be dropping bit by bit and now back at £1.99. Same for the ham I buy each week though that started at £1.79 and went up sharply and fell to 1.89 so still an increase but not as bad as it was. The more obvious non food ones I guess are petrol is up from the start but has fallen back from it's highs. Same for gas and electricity which is also falling still.

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Cannot make sense of this.

People often talk about voting for a PM. Rishi Vs Keir. We don't, of course. We vote for an MP, who often represents a party. That party then chooses a leader, who becomes PM.

Which is more frightening - the person/group who will take over should Rishi Sunak be voted in and then deposed, or the person/group who will take over should Keir Starmer be voted in and then deposed? Neither is especially secure within their respective parties."

Get it now, ta muchly

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Let me explain….

But ironically bending to consultants...

Decisions need to be made.

Giving people money to help with heating costs would prolong inflation, but it was paid.

Everything needs to be carefully managed, the government has managed a lot of moving parts to bring down inflation. "

So, again, bending to the consultants. A group of people who are less likely to have been shoved on the breadline

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Labour and/or a coalition will be an unmitigated disaster, but seemingly an ordeal we have to face to purge ourselves of the Tories. "

And we DO have to purge ourselves of the tories!

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

This is not aimed at you directly, but I need a post to reply to and yours contains the info I need to respond to in less words than others.

There is a clear lack of understanding on how to control inflation and how inflation is created.

Increasing wages, will increase inflation further, and those at the very bottom are the ones that suffer.

Wage rise caps, and higher interest raters to put pressure on peoples out goings through loans and mortgages slows spending and once spending has been slowed inflation will fall through lack of demand in products and services.

As I have mentioned earlier, it is a very difficult problem to resolve without causing a total collapse, which has not happened.

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Whether the government are ‘technically’ doing a good job with the economy right now is irrelevant. How people feel will dictate how they vote. And unless you’re rich you are very, very unlikely to be feeling better off.

When people ask themselves ’do I have more disposable income than I had 2, 5, 10, or 14 years ago?’ the answer is overwhelmingly going to be ‘no’.

When people ask if they’re able to see a GP, or get hospital treatment more quickly than they did 2, 5, 10, or 14 years ago , the answer is overwhelmingly no.

It’s the same with public services in general.

These are the issues the Tories are going to struggle to get people to trust them on, that’s why they will try and frighten everyone into believing it will be worse under Labour, and who in their right mind would believe a thing the Tories say, with their track record?"

Those with short (or selective) memories.

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Let me explain….

If you compare it to a situation where prices increased for a longer period of time, I would say it does matter. The quicker inflation falls the better, in my opinion. I do understand lower inflation means prices are still rising but just slower though too low inflation can also be bad and the bank are not supposed to let it go to low either. Some items have reduced in price so it not always a case of gone up by inflation then gone up by lower amount of inflation. Several items I by regular went up I would say around 20% when things went crazy but have since dropped to their previous price. Obviously that's just personal to certain grocery items I buy but shows not everything only goes up. "

Aldis beef medallions went up from 1.89 to 3.99... just saying

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

Aldis beef medallions went up from 1.89 to 3.99... just saying"

The product cost rise is not simply the product, it contains the energy to feed it, package it, transport it, sell it, and so on.

And when demand slows, the cost will drop, to slow demand is the tricky part as I have mentioned.

4 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Gove standing down

77/351 so far "

Rats_sinking_ship.gif

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Gove standing down

77/351 so far

Rats_sinking_ship.gif"

Or to be more accurate and less partisan… a new brush, new start that is needed for the tories, it makes sense.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
4 weeks ago

golden fields

"Gove standing down

77/351 so far

Rats_sinking_ship.gif

Or to be more accurate and less partisan… a new brush, new start that is needed for the tories, it makes sense. "

I would see it like this too.

Used to think Gove was right at the bottom of the Tory barrel. But the last five years or so proved me wrong. It feels like they need a big clear out and restock.

But then again, I'm neither the core traditional Tory voters not the newer style overlap with Reform style voter. So *shrug*

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Gove standing down

77/351 so far

Rats_sinking_ship.gif

Or to be more accurate and less partisan… a new brush, new start that is needed for the tories, it makes sense.

I would see it like this too.

Used to think Gove was right at the bottom of the Tory barrel. But the last five years or so proved me wrong. It feels like they need a big clear out and restock.

But then again, I'm neither the core traditional Tory voters not the newer style overlap with Reform style voter. So *shrug*"

The current crop of Tory Ministers are beyond their sell by date.

The rebuild will be a reflection of labour, how the change of leadership unfolds will be interesting

By *abioMan
4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

It will never be a formal “coalition” (lib Dem MPs serving in government) as the Lib Dem’s have learned that the junior party are the ones that get crushed… any of there policy successes get claimed by the larger party, whilst the smaller party gets the blame for any of their policies not pushed!

I think the most likely conclusion is a minority Labour government (whether they are the largest seated party or not because the only party that will work with the conservatives are the DUP) and that the labour/SNP/Lib dems will have some sort of “memorandum of understanding” in that only law will be passed they will all agree to……

By *abioMan
4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Gove standing down

77/351 so far

Rats_sinking_ship.gif

Or to be more accurate and less partisan… a new brush, new start that is needed for the tories, it makes sense. "

Gove didn’t fancy being this election “portillo” moment…. I actually have money on that seat going to the Lib Dem’s…..

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Gove standing down

77/351 so far

Rats_sinking_ship.gif

Gove didn’t fancy being this election “portillo” moment…. I actually have money on that seat going to the Lib Dem’s….."

I agree and I can't see that seat going any other way than Lib Dem.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
4 weeks ago

nearby

Leadsom joining Gove

78/344.

And 474 conservative council seats lost

Can’t see Sunak turning this around in six weeks.

Are we confident Labour will bring any meaningful change either ? All I hear from them is criticism

By *llie37555Man
4 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"Leadsom joining Gove

78/344.

Are we confident Labour will bring any meaningful change either ? All I hear from them is criticism "

Audience member on Question Time Thursday hit nail on head. "All I hear is nothing from you" and "I want to give you my vote but tell me what you are going to do. I don't hear anything"

Directed to the increasingly snippy Bridget Phillipson, Labour MP who squirmed with embarrassment as the audience clapped and then said.... precisely nothing of substance. Wittered on about breakfast clubs, causing more sniggering.

The lack of detail and policy from Labour is absolutely staggering.

By *enSiskoMan
4 weeks ago

Cestus 3

Due to the tories being so corrupt and shady, Labour do not have to say anything people will vote for them just for change.

I note that for weeks now the media has been giving detail like it is inevitable Labour will be next in power.

They are most likely right.

The day they get in will be..wait for it... Ho no look at what the tories have done, it is such a mess, and we told you all we won't spend money if we can't cost it, so we are afraid it will be another few years of austerity.

We told you we would not be afraid to make the tough decisions, so more cuts but it is not our fault.

It will be our fault because we, well others will vote them in without hearing anything from them.

I am going independent, none warmonger, public services sorta person.

Will never vote for tories or labour again.

By *idnight RamblerMan
4 weeks ago

Pershore

"Leadsom joining Gove

78/344.

Are we confident Labour will bring any meaningful change either ? All I hear from them is criticism

Audience member on Question Time Thursday hit nail on head. "All I hear is nothing from you" and "I want to give you my vote but tell me what you are going to do. I don't hear anything"

Directed to the increasingly snippy Bridget Phillipson, Labour MP who squirmed with embarrassment as the audience clapped and then said.... precisely nothing of substance. Wittered on about breakfast clubs, causing more sniggering.

The lack of detail and policy from Labour is absolutely staggering. "

Phillipson typifies Labour's lightweight front bench. She's a career politician from aged 15, never worked outside local government, charities and then an MP. Zero experience of business, commerce, health, military, legal matters. That said, you could say pretty much the same for all parties. God knows how you can run a country if you can't even use a photocopier.

4 weeks ago

Cumbria

Polling from YouGov shows that only 9% in f graduates over the age of 50 plan to vote Conservative.

No wonder they are happy to destroy the higher education sector.

By *eroy1000Man
4 weeks ago

milton keynes

Let me explain….

Aldis beef medallions went up from 1.89 to 3.99... just saying"

This is why I say in my post this is my experience only and that I see several items went up quite steeply but then slowly reduced back down. Examples in my other post

By *otMe66Man
4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

It will never be a formal “coalition” (lib Dem MPs serving in government) as the Lib Dem’s have learned that the junior party are the ones that get crushed… any of there policy successes get claimed by the larger party, whilst the smaller party gets the blame for any of their policies not pushed!

I think the most likely conclusion is a minority Labour government (whether they are the largest seated party or not because the only party that will work with the conservatives are the DUP) and that the labour/SNP/Lib dems will have some sort of “memorandum of understanding” in that only law will be passed they will all agree to……"

This is pretty much how I would see it unfolding if we get to a coalition position, and it is the "all agree to" that bothers me.

We wont move forward at the rate we need and if the SNP are anywhere near the decision making I can imagine the price for support will always be promises of another independence referendum.

It would become very tiresome.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
4 weeks ago

nearby

"Leadsom joining Gove

78/344.

The lack of detail and policy from Labour is absolutely staggering. "

Don’t know what Labour can promise when your £2.7 trn in debt and everything is fucked

Yes labour lady was embarrassing and full of shit

By *melie LALWoman
4 weeks ago

Peterborough

Let me explain….

The product cost rise is not simply the product, it contains the energy to feed it, package it, transport it, sell it.... "

I am aware. I'm pointing out a food item with the largest increase, over 100%

By *abioMan
4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think the most likely conclusion is a minority Labour government (whether they are the largest seated party or not because the only party that will work with the conservatives are the DUP) and that the labour/SNP/Lib dems will have some sort of “memorandum of understanding” in that only law will be passed they will all agree to……

This is pretty much how I would see it unfolding if we get to a coalition position, and it is the "all agree to" that bothers me.

We wont move forward at the rate we need and if the SNP are anywhere near the decision making I can imagine the price for support will always be promises of another independence referendum.

It would become very tiresome. "

To be honest it may not get to that …. On law matters that relate to only England and wales, the SNP political position is to abstain….

They may not even need the SNP (it’s almost like a different election but the more seats labour takes off the SNP the less they will be needed) and may be able to just rely on the Lib Dem’s….

By *llie37555Man
4 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"Due to the tories being so corrupt and shady, Labour do not have to say anything people will vote for them just for change.

I note that for weeks now the media has been giving detail like it is inevitable Labour will be next in power.

They are most likely right.

The day they get in will be..wait for it... Ho no look at what the tories have done, it is such a mess, and we told you all we won't spend money if we can't cost it, so we are afraid it will be another few years of austerity.

We told you we would not be afraid to make the tough decisions, so more cuts but it is not our fault.

It will be our fault because we, well others will vote them in without hearing anything from them.

I am going independent, none warmonger, public services sorta person.

Will never vote for tories or labour again."

Ah but it's time for..... change.

By *atEvolutionCouple
3 weeks ago

Where is Starmer's Stamina? Is this going to be a problem? Has it been located yet?

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Let me explain….

The product cost rise is not simply the product, it contains the energy to feed it, package it, transport it, sell it, and so on.

And when demand slows, the cost will drop, to slow demand is the tricky part as I have mentioned. "

that sounds like you are saying prices will naturally fall because of markets finding a new equilibrium.

By *llie37555Man
3 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"Where is Starmer's Stamina? Is this going to be a problem? Has it been located yet?

"

He looks terrified and worn out already to me! He carries a lot of extra timber compared to Rishi and sources say he takes 35 minutes each day to perfect the Max Headroom look! He's not going to last the campaign.

By *orses and PoniesMan
3 weeks ago

Ealing

"Where is Starmer's Stamina? Is this going to be a problem? Has it been located yet?

He looks terrified and worn out already to me! He carries a lot of extra timber compared to Rishi and sources say he takes 35 minutes each day to perfect the Max Headroom look! He's not going to last the campaign. "

Starmer is the exact opposite of Boris Johnson or Rishi Sanak. It looks like he has no energy

Let's hope he is consigned to history at the ballot box ..

By *6travellerMan
3 weeks ago

Tayside and Midlands

The biggest lies, corruption, scandals is Labour. Wilson, Callaghan, B-liar and Brown. We are all suffering from B-liar to this day. I am not conservative or any party but frankly the last decent PM we had was Maggie terms 1 and 2 then she too was awful. Personally I am never voting again. Love him or hate him Boris was the last defacto elected PM and the tory party defied democracy and got rid of him.

By *idnight RamblerMan
3 weeks ago

Pershore

"

Perhaps he uses his brain instead of jumping around like an over-excited 8-year-old like Rishi?

By *otMe66Man
3 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Let me explain….

And when demand slows, the cost will drop, to slow demand is the tricky part as I have mentioned. that sounds like you are saying prices will naturally fall because of markets finding a new equilibrium. "

What I'm saying is the cost of a product especially a manufactured product contains lots of costs, if you take energy as one of those costs it makes sense the product cost will rise to cover the increase in energy prices. It also makes sense for the price to drop when the energy costs drop, unless people continue to purchase at the higher price without complaint or loss of revenues.

By *melie LALWoman
3 weeks ago

Peterborough

Perhaps he uses his brain instead of jumping around like an over-excited 8-year-old like Rishi?"

You've noticed that too...

By *atEvolutionCouple
3 weeks ago

Perhaps he uses his brain instead of jumping around like an over-excited 8-year-old like Rishi?"

From the man himself this yesterday:

Sir Keir say:

"Has Labour changed enough? Do I trust them with my money, our borders, and our security?

"My answer is yes you can – because I have changed this party. Permanently."

After all, he says has happened in the other party he's campaigning on . . .

We know you don't trust us, but we've changed!! Please give us a go!

Who is he trying to convince, Us or Himself?

Really. You don't walk around saying we've changed, we've changed and have the other people in the room not thinking wow how desperate is this and oh here comes that risk again.

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Let me explain….

And when demand slows, the cost will drop, to slow demand is the tricky part as I have mentioned. that sounds like you are saying prices will naturally fall because of markets finding a new equilibrium.

What I'm saying is the cost of a product especially a manufactured product contains lots of costs, if you take energy as one of those costs it makes sense the product cost will rise to cover the increase in energy prices. It also makes sense for the price to drop when the energy costs drop, unless people continue to purchase at the higher price without complaint or loss of revenues. "

thanks for clarifying. You mentioned demand slowing which threw me.

By *irldnCouple
3 weeks ago

Brighton

Perhaps he uses his brain instead of jumping around like an over-excited 8-year-old like Rishi?

Sir Keir say:

"Has Labour changed enough? Do I trust them with my money, our borders, and our security?

Really. You don't walk around saying we've changed, we've changed and have the other people in the room not thinking wow how desperate is this and oh here comes that risk again.

"

I’m no Starmer fan but this is a stretch. There IS a stigma attached to Labour that IS weaponised by Tory supporting media (long term) creating popularly held beliefs.

IMHO the biggest problem in UK politics (maybe this happens in most countries?) is the constant fight over the middle ground as they believe that is where you win elections, rather than the strength of their convictions to be honest about their ideology.

By *idnight RamblerMan
3 weeks ago

Pershore

Sir Keir say:

I’m no Starmer fan but this is a stretch. There IS a stigma attached to Labour that IS weaponised by Tory supporting media (long term) creating popularly held beliefs.

IMHO the biggest problem in UK politics (maybe this happens in most countries?) is the constant fight over the middle ground as they believe that is where you win elections, rather than the strength of their convictions to be honest about their ideology."

But there IS a socialist thread running through Labour. It was extreme during Corbyn's tenure, but less evident under Starmer. But it's still there. Take Private Schools. They work well, offer choice, bring overseas revenue, get good results. A success story. But Labour's green-eyed envy wants to punish them purely on ideological grounds. That's the worry.

By *atEvolutionCouple
3 weeks ago

"

I’m no Starmer fan but this is a stretch. There IS a stigma attached to Labour that IS weaponised by Tory supporting media (long term) creating popularly held beliefs. "

Proving exactly what I said. TY.

By *irldnCouple
3 weeks ago

Brighton

Sir Keir say:

IMHO the biggest problem in UK politics (maybe this happens in most countries?) is the constant fight over the middle ground as they believe that is where you win elections, rather than the strength of their convictions to be honest about their ideology.

But there IS a socialist thread running through Labour. It was extreme during Corbyn's tenure, but less evident under Starmer. But it's still there. Take Private Schools. They work well, offer choice, bring overseas revenue, get good results. A success story. But Labour's green-eyed envy wants to punish them purely on ideological grounds. That's the worry."

Absolutely agree re Private Schools and the socialist thread.

Personally as I said above, I would prefer it if we had parties that were clearer on their ideology instead of all disingenuously fighting over the middle ground.

Part of the “problem” is decades long societal shifts that have blurred the lines between “workers” (the roots of the Labour party) and “bosses/owners” (the roots of the Conservative party).

By *atEvolutionCouple
3 weeks ago

"

And now he's being called 'Sleepy Starmer!'

He replies with: 'I smile a lot, though!'

By *AFKA HovisMan
3 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

And now he's being called 'Sleepy Starmer!'

He replies with: 'I smile a lot, though!'"

sleepy starmer?

This is straight out of the Trumpstyle playbook.

Such a shame that this is where so much politics seems to go.

By *irldnCouple
3 weeks ago

Brighton

So we have Sleepy Starmer and Rishi Rich

By *atEvolutionCouple
3 weeks ago

"So we have Sleepy Starmer and Rishi Rich

"

Yea. Starmer is only worth around 5 Million £

So Starmer the Poor and Rishi the Much Richer.

But why people get off on calling people for their worth is really just the politics of green-eyed monster.

By *irldnCouple
3 weeks ago

Brighton

"So we have Sleepy Starmer and Rishi Rich

Yea. Starmer is only worth around 5 Million £

So Starmer the Poor and Rishi the Much Richer.

But why people get off on calling people for their worth is really just the politics of green-eyed monster. "

But alliteration is more fun

By *atEvolutionCouple
3 weeks ago

'Playful progeny persistently play with puerile paraphernalia.'

Yea. You are right.

By *otMe66Man
3 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Sir Keir say:

IMHO the biggest problem in UK politics (maybe this happens in most countries?) is the constant fight over the middle ground as they believe that is where you win elections, rather than the strength of their convictions to be honest about their ideology."

The ideology of left wing, is it outdated? We can see in the many threads people tend to be on one side of the line or the other, but not far away from the centre, although people try and call it out as such.

There are some real left wingers amongst us but they are not many in number, however are very good at being heard, although they sound old fashioned in their views in my opinion.

The left wing is also a minefield of different views and ideologies, something most left wingers seem to struggle with explaining or fully understanding.

Maybe it is the nature of left wing politics that has allowed it to morph into different branches around the fringes of centre.

So what do you do as a labour leader, go full socialist knowing that your audience is split and not many in number, or walk the centre line being a little bit different to the tories, which takes us back to the question of being outdated or not?

By *irldnCouple
3 weeks ago

Brighton

"'Playful progeny persistently play with puerile paraphernalia.'

Yea. You are right."

Fab fellas fancy fucking fabulous fannies forever!

And…back on topic

By *irldnCouple
3 weeks ago

Brighton

Sir Keir say:

The ideology of left wing, is it outdated? We can see in the many threads people tend to be on one side of the line or the other, but not far away from the centre, although people try and call it out as such.

There are some real left wingers amongst us but they are not many in number, however are very good at being heard, although they sound old fashioned in their views in my opinion.

The left wing is also a minefield of different views and ideologies, something most left wingers seem to struggle with explaining or fully understanding.

Maybe it is the nature of left wing politics that has allowed it to morph into different branches around the fringes of centre.

So what do you do as a labour leader, go full socialist knowing that your audience is split and not many in number, or walk the centre line being a little bit different to the tories, which takes us back to the question of being outdated or not?"

I would say this isn’t restricted to Labour. The Conservatives have the same issue. In both cases their church has become increasingly broad to the point where the core purpose of the party has been lost and diluted.

In terms of the Labour party’s original intent, I would say society has shifted a great deal blurring what was once a clear distinction between the workers/working class and bosses/business owners. I suspect (would need to read more) that this is in part driven by the deindustrialisation of the UK over the past 50 years and the move to a service industry based economy (ergo an increase in white collar workers and a decrease in blue collar workers).

By *ony 2016Man
3 weeks ago

I realise this isn't really for the political thread , but wondered if someone could give advise ,, I am going out and think it might rain ,, should I take an umbrella ????

By *eroy1000Man
3 weeks ago

milton keynes

Just been reading that current Tory MP Lucy Allan who is stepping down at the GE, has been suspended for backing the Reform candidate as her replacement. Got me thinking if some of those stepping down will eventually join Reform

By *ony 2016Man
3 weeks ago

"Just been reading that current Tory MP Lucy Allan who is stepping down at the GE, has been suspended for backing the Reform candidate as her replacement. Got me thinking if some of those stepping down will eventually join Reform"

And perhaps some who have yet to stand down

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
3 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Just been reading that current Tory MP Lucy Allan who is stepping down at the GE, has been suspended for backing the Reform candidate as her replacement. Got me thinking if some of those stepping down will eventually join Reform"

Wondering if Lucy Allan, Gove bailing out plus Boris being too busy cashing in on his tenure in number ten (plus holidays) to actively support Sunak were also in the 'plan'..?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
3 weeks ago

golden fields

Maybe the Tory party can return to some form of sanity if they get rid of the science denying, foreigner hating, culture war enthusiasts to Reform.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
3 weeks ago

nearby

79/344 standing down.

No confidence in Sunak. How many letters has Brady got.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
3 weeks ago

Kent

"79/344 standing down.

No confidence in Sunak. How many letters has Brady got. "

Brady's one of the 79!

By *otMe66Man
3 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 27/05/24 19:44:18]