Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

The 2024 uk general election thread… 4 July

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
18 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I suppose we better start a general thread to at least keep the place tidy!! lol

I ll put in my early political wonkish thoughts in a bit

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

I can't see a thing that Starmer can bring. And it's not enough to simply say he couldn't do worse. Well actually yes he could.

He has walked back on so many plans, he has constantly flip-flopped (Sunak saying that right now lol)

Is the devil we know better than the Devil we don't?

Reply privately

By *one_wolf.Man
18 weeks ago

Chatham

[Removed by poster at 22/05/24 17:21:12]

Reply privately

By *one_wolf.Man
18 weeks ago

Chatham

Implosion, Rishi out at leader of the party, Kemi Badenoch new leader

Reply privately

By *revaunanceCouple
18 weeks ago

Exeter

"Implosion, Rishi out at leader of the party, Kemi Badenoch new leader"

Whilst I'm not 100% convinced that Kemi Badenoch will take over, I do agree that there is about to be a true blue implosion.

Reply privately

By *one_wolf.Man
18 weeks ago

Chatham

"I can't see a thing that Starmer can bring. And it's not enough to simply say he couldn't do worse. Well actually yes he could.

He has walked back on so many plans, he has constantly flip-flopped (Sunak saying that right now lol)

Is the devil we know better than the Devil we don't?"

We shall now find out what they actually stand for

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
18 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think it’s an interesting strategy…. I think they are banking on the polls tightening (they will)

I think it’s to stop the Labour Party getting a majority….. I think labour will have the most seats but nowhere near enough for an overall majority….

Major questions…

how many of the Tory red wall seats do labour get back?

How many Tory blue wall seats do they lose to the Lib Dem’s?

How many seats in Scotland do the SNP lose to labour?

What does reform do the conservative vote?

We will find out in. 6 weeks time….

Reply privately

By *one_wolf.Man
18 weeks ago

Chatham

"Implosion, Rishi out at leader of the party, Kemi Badenoch new leader

Whilst I'm not 100% convinced that Kemi Badenoch will take over, I do agree that there is about to be a true blue implosion."

I don't see who else could. The party, as it is today, needs disbanding and going back to what values it *should* have.

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
18 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Whilst I'm not 100% convinced that Kemi Badenoch will take over, I do agree that there is about to be a true blue implosion."

I think it will be a kemi vs suella fight for the heart of the extreme right…..

if they can keep it centre ish… I think penny mourdant would be a good shout

Reply privately

By *revaunanceCouple
18 weeks ago

Exeter

Whilst I'm not 100% convinced that Kemi Badenoch will take over, I do agree that there is about to be a true blue implosion.

I don't see who else could. The party, as it is today, needs disbanding and going back to what values it *should* have."

James Cleverly, Penny Mordaunt, Priti Patel, Suella Braverman are the big names out there. There is also a wildcard like Gillian Keeghan or Miriam Cates.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"I can't see a thing that Starmer can bring. And it's not enough to simply say he couldn't do worse. Well actually yes he could.

Sad state of affairs if we can't imagine that there is anything better coming than the current shower of self serving narcissists.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
18 weeks ago

Brighton

I can’t wait to see what Pat has to say on all of this. I can hear him sharpening his pencil right now

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"I can’t wait to see what Pat has to say on all of this. I can hear him sharpening his pencil right now "

I suspect it will be a brutal sarcastic post.

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

It only matters if he flip flops from his mandate now. Everything else had to wait for.... this!

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

Uh Oh the Man without a Plan is up !!!!

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

Synopsis:

He said:

stop the chaos

stop the hospital trollies

stop the sewage

time for change

vote for change

up the workers

we have a plan

turn the page

fully costed - didn't say how?

anti-social behaviour

country first, party second (WTAF?)

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

Is the devil we know better than the Devil we don't?

It only matters if he flip flops from his mandate now. Everything else had to wait for.... this!"

As you can see above - he didn't present one.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Rishi..

'We have a plan' but can't find the umbrella..

Does his announcement also mean the SNP will have to find the money for a new campaign bus?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"Synopsis:

He said:

stop the chaos

stop the sewage

time for change

vote for change

up the workers

we have a plan

turn the page

anti-social behaviour

country first, party second (WTAF?)"

Who are these quotes from? Could be anyone from Labour/Tories.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"Synopsis:

He said:

stop the chaos

stop the sewage

time for change

vote for change

up the workers

we have a plan

turn the page

anti-social behaviour

country first, party second (WTAF?)

Who are these quotes from? Could be anyone from Labour/Tories."

#

By listening to him speak after Sunak

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"

Does his announcement also mean the SNP will have to find the money for a new campaign bus?"

Maybe Gran will let them borrow hers?

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Starmer says country first party second hmmmm so basically Britain first then

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"Starmer says country first party second hmmmm so basically Britain first then "

Ask not what Labour can do for you, but ask what you can do for Labour. Really just another way of saying if we fail, it's your fault.

Reply privately

By *orses and PoniesMan
18 weeks ago

Ealing

Let's hope it is four in a row . David Cameron, Teressa May, Boris Johnson and Liz Truss were all great Prime Ministers . Boris Johnson must rank as as an all time great with an 80 seat majority . Such was his success that the haters spent all their time trying to pick him up on any minor fault. Each of these PMs left a legacy to be proud of. Rishi Sunak is simply a traitor who jumped on the band wagon

Kier Starmer would destroy the country . Higher taxation will simply mean more money wasted . At least Lizz Truss cut corporation tax in order to encourage investment. Let's hope who gets elected takes steps to tackle both soaring welfare benefits to those who do not need them and cracks down rigorously on illegal immigration. No one should have to apologise for enforcing the law.

Let's hope once Rishi wins he either resigns or the party forces him out. A traitor to the cause

Roll on July 4 th

Reply privately

By *abio OP   Man
18 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I m sorry pat… you lost me after you said boris Johnson and Liz truss were great prime ministers! I just had the benny hill/ curb your enthusiasm theme (take your pick) in my head after that.. I am sure you made some points or another!

Actually I’m surprised you haven’t ditched the conservatives for reform to be honest

Reply privately

By *reeSpiritElleWoman
18 weeks ago

Miles of beautiful golden sand, Dorset

I will be voting but ... 6 weeks of "blah blah blah" on every tv and radio station

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"I m sorry pat… you lost me after you said boris Johnson and Liz truss were great prime ministers! I just had the benny hill/ curb your enthusiasm theme (take your pick) in my head after that.. I am sure you made some points or another!

Actually I’m surprised you haven’t ditched the conservatives for reform to be honest "

I love Pat's posts.

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
18 weeks ago

milton keynes

I was really thinking he would delay until much later in the year but it is not to be. I can't see anything other than a Labour government next regardless of tactics. My early thoughts on reasons for going early are that the economic results are much improved especially today's inflation. Maybe he wants to have a backdrop of improvements. Another possible reason is the on going war in Gaza. Neither party is gaining from this but it feels like Labour are suffering more in losing votes due to it. If he waited until the winter the war may be over and not as much of an issue to voters.

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
18 weeks ago

milton keynes

"I was really thinking he would delay until much later in the year but it is not to be. I can't see anything other than a Labour government next regardless of tactics. My early thoughts on reasons for going early are that the economic results are much improved especially today's inflation. Maybe he wants to have a backdrop of improvements. Another possible reason is the on going war in Gaza. Neither party is gaining from this but it feels like Labour are suffering more in losing votes due to it. If he waited until the winter the war may be over and not as much of an issue to voters."

Also forgot to mention Rwanda scheme. Will any flights happen before the election. If not it will be cancelled before started

Reply privately

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
18 weeks ago

Kent

Jesus could the useless cunt honestly not have organised an umbrella?, then I remembered that I'm sat here piss wet through because I didn't organise an umbrella. But then I'm not a billionaire world leader. I'm honestly not.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"I was really thinking he would delay until much later in the year but it is not to be. I can't see anything other than a Labour government next regardless of tactics. My early thoughts on reasons for going early are that the economic results are much improved especially today's inflation. Maybe he wants to have a backdrop of improvements. Another possible reason is the on going war in Gaza. Neither party is gaining from this but it feels like Labour are suffering more in losing votes due to it. If he waited until the winter the war may be over and not as much of an issue to voters.

Also forgot to mention Rwanda scheme. Will any flights happen before the election. If not it will be cancelled before started"

Might stop some of the further to the right Tories defecting to UKIP/BNP/Reform.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 22/05/24 19:06:43]

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"Jesus could the useless cunt honestly not have organised an umbrella?, then I remembered that I'm sat here piss wet through because I didn't organise an umbrella. But then I'm not a billionaire world leader. I'm honestly not."

Or maybe the speech was more important than running from a bit of rain?

Starmer stayed dry, but didn't actually say a thing.

Let's vote Starmer

Reply privately

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
18 weeks ago

Kent

Can you imagine Thatcher Blair Cameron or May going out to call an election in the pouring rain? Whoever does Sunak's PR will be another touting for work come the summer

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I can see why Sunak called the election early, his promises are being delivered.

Inflation halved

Economy has grown

Debt is forecast to be cut

NHS waiting lists have reduced

Rwanda scheme seems to be having influence before it has had chance to start.

He will show these things as evidence of control and leadership, enough he hopes to slow the losses.

Reply privately

By *owestoft ManMan
18 weeks ago

Lowestoft

Personally I would vote for anyone anywhere before I voted labor (misspelt on purpose). Their fundamental basic philosophy sounds great but in real life it simply can't work.

Spent many years living in various countries around the world, when ever labor gets into power they simply destroy the Economy. The last place I went to was Oz. When I got there I spoke to many who were worried about the upcoming election. They were told by their employers that if labor got in they were closing up and moving out. Sadly they did and yes unemployment went through the roof. The others got in after and pulled the economy back again. Sadly just after I left labor got back in and everyone I talk to over there say the same thing. Cost of eating, living, medical, EVERYTHING through the roof.

Lets hope they don't get into power here.

Reply privately

By *altenkommandoMan
18 weeks ago

milton keynes

if they can keep it centre ish… I think penny mourdant would be a good shout "

Extreme right? The only way you could say that either of them are far right is if your optics start from the perspective of the lunatic fringe of the far left.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
18 weeks ago

Brighton

"Personally I would vote for anyone anywhere before I voted labor (misspelt on purpose). Their fundamental basic philosophy sounds great but in real life it simply can't work.

Spent many years living in various countries around the world, when ever labor gets into power they simply destroy the Economy. The last place I went to was Oz. When I got there I spoke to many who were worried about the upcoming election. They were told by their employers that if labor got in they were closing up and moving out. Sadly they did and yes unemployment went through the roof. The others got in after and pulled the economy back again. Sadly just after I left labor got back in and everyone I talk to over there say the same thing. Cost of eating, living, medical, EVERYTHING through the roof.

Lets hope they don't get into power here."

I am old enough to remember the period 1997-2007 (deliberate date choices before financial crash hit). Things were pretty good, certainly for me. Huge progression in my career and earnings. So I don’t recognise what you say.

However, I am not old enough to remember the 70s but you were a kid so perhaps you do?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

if they can keep it centre ish… I think penny mourdant would be a good shout

Extreme right? The only way you could say that either of them are far right is if your optics start from the perspective of the lunatic fringe of the far left. "

Isn’t that the truth

Reply privately

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
18 weeks ago

Cumbria

The funniest thing is going to be watching people justify why they are going to vote Tory.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 22/05/24 20:03:51]

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"The funniest thing is going to be watching people justify why they are going to vote Tory."

Only the leftist progressives are allowed to find a person explaining their personal choices, funny

Reply privately

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
18 weeks ago

Hastings

"The funniest thing is going to be watching people justify why they are going to vote Tory."

That's easy always vote Tory

Reply privately

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
18 weeks ago

Kent

Be interesting to see how many Tories decide to stand down

Reply privately

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
18 weeks ago

Hastings

But think it will be a hung parliament Labour just in front but will need a coalition.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"But think it will be a hung parliament Labour just in front but will need a coalition. "

It is a sorry state for left wing politics if that actually happens, and they can’t demand a convincing majority.

Reply privately

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
18 weeks ago

Hastings

But think it will be a hung parliament Labour just in front but will need a coalition.

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I can see why Sunak called the election early, his promises are being delivered.

Inflation halved

Economy has grown

He will show these things as evidence of control and leadership, enough he hopes to slow the losses.

"

I don't suppose you want to evidence that lot?

Reply privately

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
18 weeks ago

Hastings

"But think it will be a hung parliament Labour just in front but will need a coalition.

It is a sorry state for left wing politics if that actually happens, and they can’t demand a convincing majority."

The sorry state will be the less then 50% turn out.

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Personally I would vote for anyone anywhere before I voted labor (misspelt on purpose). Their fundamental basic philosophy sounds great but in real life it simply can't work.

Lets hope they don't get into power here."

Funny, that happened here, but a tory govt.

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"But think it will be a hung parliament Labour just in front but will need a coalition.

It is a sorry state for left wing politics if that actually happens, and they can’t demand a convincing majority.

The sorry state will be the less then 50% turn out. "

No change expected there then.

Apathy for self serving twats, whatever side they are on

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"I can see why Sunak called the election early, his promises are being delivered.

Inflation halved

Economy has grown

I don't suppose you want to evidence that lot?"

The headlines this morning will account for the first 2 items, the headlines from just over a week ago will prove the last item and if you look into the waiting lists reduction and UK debt forecast you find everything you need.

Or simply wait for the evidence from Sunak as per my post

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
18 weeks ago

milton keynes

"I was really thinking he would delay until much later in the year but it is not to be. I can't see anything other than a Labour government next regardless of tactics. My early thoughts on reasons for going early are that the economic results are much improved especially today's inflation. Maybe he wants to have a backdrop of improvements. Another possible reason is the on going war in Gaza. Neither party is gaining from this but it feels like Labour are suffering more in losing votes due to it. If he waited until the winter the war may be over and not as much of an issue to voters.

Also forgot to mention Rwanda scheme. Will any flights happen before the election. If not it will be cancelled before started

Might stop some of the further to the right Tories defecting to UKIP/BNP/Reform."

Possibly but if there is an attempt to fly some to Rwanda and it ends in yet another failure then it once again highlights the on going problem that they have failed to resolve.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

It is a sorry state for left wing politics if that actually happens, and they can’t demand a convincing majority."

Left wing politics? The only remotely left wing party in the UK mainstream is the Greens.

Reply privately

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
18 weeks ago

nearby

Inflation halved.

Economy has grown

Debt is forecast to be cut.

I don't suppose you want to evidence that lot?"

Inflation quartered. ( by markets not government)

Economy up, but growth forecast lowest in G7

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2023/apr/12/uk-national-debt-will-continue-to-rise-over-next-five-years-says-imf

Public sector net borrowing excluding public sector banks was £20.5 billion in April 2024, the fourth highest April borrowing since monthly records began in 1993. (ONS)

Bankruptcies, IVA, CVA. Debt orders, country court judgments. All significantly increased. Bailiff recruitment high.

https://www.independent.co.uk/business/record-number-of-businesses-close-across-the-uk-ons-b2451689.html#

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

Inflation halved.

Economy has grown

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2023/apr/12/uk-national-debt-will-continue-to-rise-over-next-five-years-says-imf

Public sector net borrowing excluding public sector banks was £20.5 billion in April 2024, the fourth highest April borrowing since monthly records began in 1993. (ONS)

Bankruptcies, IVA, CVA. Debt orders, country court judgments. All significantly increased. Bailiff recruitment high.

https://www.independent.co.uk/business/record-number-of-businesses-close-across-the-uk-ons-b2451689.html#

"

I asked "not me" on a prior thread, he couldn't/ didn't respond. I did. I stated decreased inflation not due to got. Same with economy.

And you've just shown the got has done fuck all with reducing debt.

Rwanda flights haven't begun, hence stop the boats is bs.

As for waiting lists... well we all like a laugh.......... NOT!

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Inflation halved.

Economy has grown

I asked "not me" on a prior thread, he couldn't/ didn't respond. I did. I stated decreased inflation not due to got. Same with economy.

As for waiting lists... well we all like a laugh.......... NOT!"

I'm not going to get into providing evidence when it is so easily obtained, if you are not biased and look at the facts you will find the evidence yourself, you are an informed person and capable.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Left wing politics? The only remotely left wing party in the UK mainstream is the Greens."

Exactly

Reply privately

By *usybee73Man
18 weeks ago

in the sticks

Find it amusing how people are wanking over the election...

Wake up next day, my life won't change

Wake up next month my life won't change

Wake up next year ... guess what, it won't of changed

All I will see is people screaming at each other, making no sense at all ...

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Might stop some of the further to the right Tories defecting to UKIP/BNP/Reform.

Possibly but if there is an attempt to fly some to Rwanda and it ends in yet another failure then it once again highlights the on going problem that they have failed to resolve."

Doesn't matter. The only purpose of the scheme is to garner support from certain elements.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Possibly but if there is an attempt to fly some to Rwanda and it ends in yet another failure then it once again highlights the on going problem that they have failed to resolve.

Doesn't matter. The only purpose of the scheme is to garner support from certain elements. "

That is incorrect, and disingenuous of you, unless you really believe your statement to be true?

Reply privately

By *wosmilersCouple
18 weeks ago

Heathrowish

"Find it amusing how people are wanking over the election...

Wake up next day, my life won't change

Wake up next month my life won't change

Wake up next year ... guess what, it won't of changed

All I will see is people screaming at each other, making no sense at all ..."

Horribly cynical, but I cannot agree more.

Sadly.

Reply privately

By *erlins5Man
18 weeks ago

South Fife

"Let's hope it is four in a row . David Cameron, Teressa May, Boris Johnson and Liz Truss were all great Prime Ministers . Boris Johnson must rank as as an all time great with an 80 seat majority . Such was his success that the haters spent all their time trying to pick him up on any minor fault. Each of these PMs left a legacy to be proud of. Rishi Sunak is simply a traitor who jumped on the band wagon

Kier Starmer would destroy the country . Higher taxation will simply mean more money wasted . At least Lizz Truss cut corporation tax in order to encourage investment. Let's hope who gets elected takes steps to tackle both soaring welfare benefits to those who do not need them and cracks down rigorously on illegal immigration. No one should have to apologise for enforcing the law.

Let's hope once Rishi wins he either resigns or the party forces him out. A traitor to the cause

Roll on July 4 th "

This is a spoof account , right ?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Doesn't matter. The only purpose of the scheme is to garner support from certain elements.

That is incorrect, and disingenuous of you, unless you really believe your statement to be true? "

Of course I believe it. What else is the Rwanda scheme for?

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
18 weeks ago

Brighton

"Let's hope it is four in a row . David Cameron, Teressa May, Boris Johnson and Liz Truss were all great Prime Ministers . Boris Johnson must rank as as an all time great with an 80 seat majority . Such was his success that the haters spent all their time trying to pick him up on any minor fault. Each of these PMs left a legacy to be proud of. Rishi Sunak is simply a traitor who jumped on the band wagon

Roll on July 4 th "

I’m sad this is way below par for your usual witty repartee. Sad times as I think you may have lost your mojo Pat

Reply privately

By *lixerMan
18 weeks ago

Glasgow

Break the Union. Get a written constitution. Or things will just keep on getting worse.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

That is incorrect, and disingenuous of you, unless you really believe your statement to be true?

Of course I believe it. What else is the Rwanda scheme for?"

There is little more we can discuss on this, if the core issue is unknown to you after all this time.

Reply privately

By *ny1localMan
18 weeks ago

READING

Vote for the party that breaks the rules that they themselves make,vote for a prime minister whose combined marital wealth is greater than the king and queen, vote for the party demonising refugees and forgetting how our country happily sent people to safety after highland clearance, Irish potato famine and ww2.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

That is incorrect, and disingenuous of you, unless you really believe your statement to be true? "

No one really believes the Rwanda scheme is anything more than red meat for the far right do they? Seriously?

Reply privately

By *eroy1000Man
18 weeks ago

milton keynes

Doesn't matter. The only purpose of the scheme is to garner support from certain elements. "

I would say it does matter but I'm not talking about who it is designed to attract votes from according to some people. I'm talking about the timing of the election to when the first flights are attempted. If they try for flights before the election and they get held up in court cases it looks bad for the Tories. However if there are no attempted flights before the election then the Tories can just point to the effect it has already had, like those that have fled to southern Ireland.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

I would say it does matter but I'm not talking about who it is designed to attract votes from according to some people. I'm talking about the timing of the election to when the first flights are attempted. If they try for flights before the election and they get held up in court cases it looks bad for the Tories. However if there are no attempted flights before the election then the Tories can just point to the effect it has already had, like those that have fled to southern Ireland."

I think the Tories want it to get held up in court, particularly the European Court of Human Rights, then they can blame foreigners for everything, as usual.

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
18 weeks ago

Pershore

No one really believes the Rwanda scheme is anything more than red meat for the far right do they? Seriously?"

Possibly, but isn't there a sneaky feeling that Starmers 'solution' is merely to legitimise asylum seekers and in doing so declare numbers reduced? If so we face the same costs and social problems and will likely take all Ireland's immigrants too.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Of course I believe it. What else is the Rwanda scheme for?

There is little more we can discuss on this, if the core issue is unknown to you after all this time. "

It is known to me. The Tories were worried about losing support to Reclaim/UKIP/BNP. It's not rocket science.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

I would say it does matter but I'm not talking about who it is designed to attract votes from according to some people. I'm talking about the timing of the election to when the first flights are attempted. If they try for flights before the election and they get held up in court cases it looks bad for the Tories. However if there are no attempted flights before the election then the Tories can just point to the effect it has already had, like those that have fled to southern Ireland."

That won't matter, they'll just blame "woke judges", people who eat tofu, human rights, etc etc. it has and will work for it's intended purpose.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

No one really believes the Rwanda scheme is anything more than red meat for the far right do they? Seriously?"

You do understand no matter what party is in power they need to stop the small boat crossings? Would they all be appealing to the far right?

I also believe the northern red wall vote to be the largest group looking for control of the borders…..

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
18 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I would say it does matter but I'm not talking about who it is designed to attract votes from according to some people. I'm talking about the timing of the election to when the first flights are attempted. If they try for flights before the election and they get held up in court cases it looks bad for the Tories. However if there are no attempted flights before the election then the Tories can just point to the effect it has already had, like those that have fled to southern Ireland.

That won't matter, they'll just blame "woke judges", people who eat tofu, human rights, etc etc. it has and will work for it's intended purpose. "

I again disagree, the blame will probably be levelled at those who can’t understand the actual issue, which is a problem we have in the UK, examples being the lack of understanding for Brexit, covid, 5G etc.

Reply privately

By *oulderingBearMan
18 weeks ago

Falme

"Jesus could the useless cunt honestly not have organised an umbrella?, then I remembered that I'm sat here piss wet through because I didn't organise an umbrella. But then I'm not a billionaire world leader. I'm honestly not."

And let's not forget his predecessor's predecessor spaffing £2.5m on an indoor, dry, warm, quiet and CUSTOM PURPOSE press release room to make important announcements. Just one door away.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

That won't matter, they'll just blame "woke judges", people who eat tofu, human rights, etc etc. it has and will work for it's intended purpose.

I again disagree, the blame will probably be levelled at those who can’t understand the actual issue, which is a problem we have in the UK, examples being the lack of understanding for Brexit, covid, 5G etc. "

I'm in complete agreement, there seems to be a strong correlation between those who fall for the Rwanda stunt, think Brexit was a good idea, think covid was planned, and that 5G gives you super powers etc. I'd also throw in a strong correlation with people who think science isn't real.

These are the voters that Reform and the Tories are battling over.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

No one really believes the Rwanda scheme is anything more than red meat for the far right do they? Seriously?

Possibly, but isn't there a sneaky feeling that Starmers 'solution' is merely to legitimise asylum seekers and in doing so declare numbers reduced? If so we face the same costs and social problems and will likely take all Ireland's immigrants too. "

How does ‘legitimising’ asylum seekers lessen the numbers reported? Surely we process people through the system and if they have a legitimate claim to asylum they get leave to remain for a period, can work (if able), and contribute to society.

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
18 weeks ago

Pershore

What do we make of the imagery from the announcement yesterday? A gormless PM stood in the pouring rain sans umbrella. Is this going for the sympathy vote?

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

Inflation halved.

Economy has grown

As for waiting lists... well we all like a laugh.......... NOT!

I'm not going to get into providing evidence when it is so easily obtained, if you are not biased and look at the facts you will find the evidence yourself, you are an informed person and capable."

If I'm not biased

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
18 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Decisions decisions, which bunch of dickheads gets your vote.

Think I’ll give it a miss.

Reply privately

By *altenkommandoMan
18 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

Whether it works or not is going to be debatable (though the upsurge in economic migrants shifting their attention away from the UK to Ireland suggests they are heading towards their second choice of countries they believe to be a soft touch, so perhaps it is working in a way). What I’m more bewildered about is your comment likening controlling your own borders and not re-distributing what little capital is owned by the rightful populous of this country to those that have no right to come here and claim it with the “far-right”, a political ideology that seeks to control its citizens through institutions like secret police forces, and has no drama with genocide, usually pointed at the Jewish. Or are you saying that anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the eradication of national identity, open borders, and forced mass wealth redistribution is, by definition, “far-right”?

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

You do understand no matter what party is in power they need to stop the small boat crossings? Would they all be appealing to the far right?

I also believe the northern red wall vote to be the largest group looking for control of the borders….. "

Which ‘Red wall’ seat do you live in?

Round here people are concerned about the economy and the NHS, and according to the opinion polls are going to swing massively towards Labour.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"What do we make of the imagery from the announcement yesterday? A gormless PM stood in the pouring rain sans umbrella. Is this going for the sympathy vote?"

No, it shows they couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"

Whether it works or not is going to be debatable (though the upsurge in economic migrants shifting their attention away from the UK to Ireland suggests they are heading towards their second choice of countries they believe to be a soft touch, so perhaps it is working in a way). What I’m more bewildered about is your comment likening controlling your own borders and not re-distributing what little capital is owned by the rightful populous of this country to those that have no right to come here and claim it with the “far-right”, a political ideology that seeks to control its citizens through institutions like secret police forces, and has no drama with genocide, usually pointed at the Jewish. Or are you saying that anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the eradication of national identity, open borders, and forced mass wealth redistribution is, by definition, “far-right”? "

This is what I'm talking about! The Rwanda scheme success demonstrated.

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
18 weeks ago

Pershore

"What do we make of the imagery from the announcement yesterday? A gormless PM stood in the pouring rain sans umbrella. Is this going for the sympathy vote?

No, it shows they couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery."

It's a bit rich to claim "Labour has no plans" when No. 10 didn't think to check the weather forecast

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"What do we make of the imagery from the announcement yesterday? A gormless PM stood in the pouring rain sans umbrella. Is this going for the sympathy vote?"

The millions allegedly spent on the number 10 Downing street media room was another example of waste under this government?

Images etc at such times matter, maybe this was Sunak's falling over on the beach moment..?

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
18 weeks ago

Leeds

"

Images etc at such times matter, maybe this was Sunak's falling over on the beach moment..?"

Sunak fell before he reached the first hurdle

Reply privately

By *usie pTV/TS
18 weeks ago

taunton

Starmer's expression has always said to me, how the fook did I get this job now he is looking even more terrified and is thinking I don't want to be here, and quite frankly it is a job for someone with a massive pair of balls even if they were born without any lol.

Reply privately

By *usie pTV/TS
18 weeks ago

taunton

P.S did I catch someone on the news this morning from the SNP complaining because an election has been called when the scottish schools are on holiday, fooking hell is this the most intelligent thing they can come up with it does not bode well.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"P.S did I catch someone on the news this morning from the SNP complaining because an election has been called when the scottish schools are on holiday, fooking hell is this the most intelligent thing they can come up with it does not bode well."

Many people will be on holiday across the whole of the UK.

Many people will be away for the euros too. The results might be in Harry Kane's hands, lol

Double whammy for votes.

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
18 weeks ago

Leeds

"

Many people will be on holiday across the whole of the UK.

"

4th July isn't school holidays for England but it is for Scotland

Reply privately

By *oulderingBearMan
18 weeks ago

Falme

"P.S did I catch someone on the news this morning from the SNP complaining because an election has been called when the scottish schools are on holiday, fooking hell is this the most intelligent thing they can come up with it does not bode well."

If you know you have a holiday planned for that date.... apply for am early postal vote.

I do it most of the time just for the convenience of not having to go to the station, it arrives a few weeks before the date, pick my choices then pop in the postbox on way to work.

Reply privately

By *aribbean King 1985Man
18 weeks ago

South West London

Voting Reform, country needs real change and Tory and Labour will offer nothing different

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"

4th July isn't school holidays for England but it is for Scotland"

Funny. That. As I didn't say there were school holidays in England.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"Voting Reform, country needs real change and Tory and Labour will offer nothing different "

Does the country really need more hate, racism, culture wars, and less science?

Reply privately

By *oulderingBearMan
18 weeks ago

Falme

"Voting Reform, country needs real change and Tory and Labour will offer nothing different

Does the country really need more hate, racism, culture wars, and less science?"

He didn't say he wants change for the better, just change.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"Voting Reform, country needs real change and Tory and Labour will offer nothing different

He didn't say he wants change for the better, just change."

That's true.

Personally I think we need to change in the opposite direction. Less hate, less racism, more tolerant society, better education around science, understanding what it means, how it works, how to analyse information etc.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

The FT comment today;

The vague promise that things might be a little bit better tomorrow is remarkably thin gruel from a party that has been in power for the past 14 years..

Interesting..

Reply privately

By *oulderingBearMan
18 weeks ago

Falme

He didn't say he wants change for the better, just change.

That's true.

Personally I think we need to change in the opposite direction. Less hate, less racism, more tolerant society, better education around science, understanding what it means, how it works, how to analyse information etc."

Some men just want to watch the world burn Master Wayne

Reply privately

By *altenkommandoMan
18 weeks ago

milton keynes

Does the country really need more hate, racism, culture wars, and less science?"

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Go on, give us some concrete examples of where this forms Reform Party policy, other than your far-left hyperbole and rhetoric.

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
18 weeks ago

Pershore

"The FT comment today;

The vague promise that things might be a little bit better tomorrow is remarkably thin gruel from a party that has been in power for the past 14 years..

Interesting.."

This is the huge hurdle the Tories face : credibility. Even the prospect of a Labour government (((shudder))) does not outweigh 14 years of incompetence.

Reply privately

By *altenkommandoMan
18 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

Personally I think we need to change in the opposite direction. Less hate, less racism, more tolerant society, better education around science, understanding what it means, how it works, how to analyse information etc."

Is that your code for open borders and “the rich” (i.e. anyone earning over £25k so long as it’s not you) paying for wealth redistribution to the lame and lazy and anyone out there that wants a free hand out that they can’t get in their own country, and “science” dictating ruinously expensive “zero carbon” policies we neither need nor can afford while teaching radical transgender ideology to 5 year olds?

Funny how you lot who preach your version of “kindness” always want someone else to pay for your virtue signalling and will go to the most extreme lengths to cancel and bully anyone who doesn’t share your world view.

I think it’s about time for less kindness and more robust argument and for the centre ground to fight back against the lunatic left.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"

Personally I think we need to change in the opposite direction. Less hate, less racism, more tolerant society, better education around science, understanding what it means, how it works, how to analyse information etc.

Is that your code for open borders and “the rich” (i.e. anyone earning over £25k so long as it’s not you) paying for wealth redistribution to the lame and lazy and anyone out there that wants a free hand out that they can’t get in their own country, and “science” dictating ruinously expensive “zero carbon” policies we neither need nor can afford while teaching radical transgender ideology to 5 year olds?

Funny how you lot who preach your version of “kindness” always want someone else to pay for your virtue signalling and will go to the most extreme lengths to cancel and bully anyone who doesn’t share your world view.

I think it’s about time for less kindness and more robust argument and for the centre ground to fight back against the lunatic left. "

You seem angry, are you ok?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Hate?

"

Have a look at Lee Anderson's twitter.

"

Racism?

"

Have a look at their education policy on their website.

"

Less science?

"

Have a look at their energy policy on their website, and watch Richard Tice talking about climate change on Question time.

"

Go on, give us some concrete examples of where this forms Reform Party policy, other than your far-left hyperbole and rhetoric. "

Is it now "far-left" to want our government to be less focused on hate, racism and misinformation? Blimey, what a time to be alive.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Voting Reform, country needs real change and Tory and Labour will offer nothing different "

Nigel says no..

Now is not the 'right time' for him to stand..

What a surprise..

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

Nigel says no..

What a surprise.."

I suspect the right time will be when he thinks there’s a seat he can win, so never.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"

Is that your code for open borders

"

No

"

and “the rich” (i.e. anyone earning over £25k so long as it’s not you) paying for wealth redistribution to the lame and lazy and anyone out there that wants a free hand out that they can’t get in their own country,

"

No, this is made up nonsense.

"

and “science” dictating

"

Science without quotation marks should inform policy makers.

"

ruinously expensive “zero carbon” policies we neither need nor can afford

"

You can see why we need better education about science. Not less. If you understood the basics, you wouldn't be posting stuff like this.

"

while teaching radical transgender ideology to 5 year olds?

"

This is more made up nonsense

"

I think it’s about time for less kindness and more robust argument and for the centre ground to fight back against the lunatic left. "

You are 100% my stereotype of a Reform voter.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Nigel says no..

What a surprise..

I suspect the right time will be when he thinks there’s a seat he can win, so never."

Maybe for science to be at the point where he can have a face transplant and look like Boris..

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

Nigel says no..

What a surprise..

I suspect the right time will be when he thinks there’s a seat he can win, so never.

Maybe for science to be at the point where he can have a face transplant and look like Boris.."

I look forward to his supporters telling us how clever he is, and that he’s actually playing 4D chess but we just don’t understand what his grand plan is.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Nigel says no..

What a surprise..

Maybe for science to be at the point where he can have a face transplant and look like Boris..

I look forward to his supporters telling us how clever he is, and that he’s actually playing 4D chess but we just don’t understand what his grand plan is."

Maybe Nigel knows that the apex of their candidates is Lee Anderson..

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"I believe very strongly in the traditions of our country. And when you're making a statement of that magnitude as prime minister, I believe in just doing it in the traditional way, come rain and shine, in front of the steps of Downing Street."

Unless anyone can tell us who it was on the Grassy knoll or in the open window of the Book Depository Building?

'Rain Gate' is now closed:

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Have a look at their energy policy on their website, and watch Richard Tice talking about climate change on Question time.

Go on, give us some concrete examples of where this forms Reform Party policy, other than your far-left hyperbole and rhetoric.

Is it now "far-left" to want our government to be less focused on hate, racism and misinformation? Blimey, what a time to be alive."

which government as ever been focused on hate or racism????

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"

'Rain Gate' is now closed:"

Whilst I can see how some want that to be the case, it's already out there..

Self inflicted which gives it more gravitas..

Maybe it was part of the cunning plan..

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"

Maybe it was part of the cunning plan.."

Yeah, he definitely meant to look like a complete drip, so prime ministerial!

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
18 weeks ago

Pershore

"

Yeah, he definitely meant to look like a complete drip, so prime ministerial!"

... and 'half soaked' - quite literally! A convincing performance.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 23/05/24 10:51:15]

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"

Maybe it was part of the cunning plan.."

So in what way is it out there?

That people will judge anyone to a lesser degree because they stood in the rain?

If that is truly the case, it proves to me that people who would hold that view shouldn't be allowed to vote!

Baby Jeebus would be rolling back his Stone in Biblical Consternation !!!

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Is it now "far-left" to want our government to be less focused on hate, racism and misinformation? Blimey, what a time to be alive.which government as ever been focused on hate or racism????"

I didn't say there has been. I'm talking about why I wouldn't be voting Reform.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"

That people will judge anyone to a lesser degree because they stood in the rain?

If that is truly the case, it proves to me that people who would hold that view shouldn't be allowed to vote!

Baby Jeebus would be rolling back his Stone !!!

"

But people do, the same way they judged Ed Milliband for how he ate a bacon sandwich. The optics are important, emotion trumps logic every time.

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Is it now "far-left" to want our government to be less focused on hate, racism and misinformation? Blimey, what a time to be alive.which government as ever been focused on hate or racism????

I didn't say there has been. I'm talking about why I wouldn't be voting Reform."

you said is it now far left to want our government to be less focused on hate and racism? I’m asking you so which goverment as been focussed on hate and racism?it’s your words you said LESS

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"

Baby Jeebus would be rolling back his Stone in Biblical Consternation !!!"

Out there as in the image, like Kinnock when he was walking on the beach and wasn't there something about Miliband and a bacon sandwich ?

You might have a point on the people and voting, actually Brexit and later in 2019 Boris's getting Brexit done are prime examples of that opinion..

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"

But people do, the same way they judged Ed Milliband for how he ate a bacon sandwich. The optics are important, emotion trumps logic every time."

Precisely my point. Those people are calling Politicians for immature and childish behaviour while demostrating just how childish and immature is their thinking.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"

But people do, the same way they judged Ed Milliband for how he ate a bacon sandwich. The optics are important, emotion trumps logic every time."

Only if the image is being highlighted by the right against labour it seems..

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Is it now "far-left" to want our government to be less focused on hate, racism and misinformation? Blimey, what a time to be alive.which government as ever been focused on hate or racism????

I didn't say there has been. I'm talking about why I wouldn't be voting Reform. you said is it now far left to want our government to be less focused on hate and racism? I’m asking you so which goverment as been focussed on hate and racism?it’s your words you said LESS "

Not sure how else to phrase the reply, so I pasted the same thing in. The conversation was about the Reform party, and people voting for them in the next election. Try reading from further back.

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
18 weeks ago

Pershore

"

Baby Jeebus would be rolling back his Stone in Biblical Consternation !!!"

It's the optics isn't it? This is the media age, and how you 'look' is critical. A gormless looking PM stood at a lectern in torrential rain is hardly an inspiring sight.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"

Baby Jeebus would be rolling back his Stone in Biblical Consternation !!!

It's the optics isn't it? This is the media age, and how you 'look' is critical. A gormless looking PM stood at a lectern in torrential rain is hardly an inspiring sight."

And the dullards soak it up. Pun intended.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"

But people do, the same way they judged Ed Milliband for how he ate a bacon sandwich. The optics are important, emotion trumps logic every time.

Precisely my point. Those people are calling Politicians for immature and childish behaviour while demostrating just how childish and immature is their thinking."

Where have people been calling Politicians for immature behaviour?

We all like to think that we are the ones thinking logically and looking at the facts etc. but Brexit wasn’t a logical fact based vote, it was completely illogical and massively emotional.

Same as the image of Sunak, already considered by many to be a weak Prime Minister, looking like a complete drip, will resonate with voters. It’s not logical but it’s out there, and Sunak is the drip, regardless of facts and logic.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

Just keep proving the point - the electorate deserves what they vote for.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

What do you think, Drippy Rishi, or Rishi the Drip?

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

I didn't say there has been. I'm talking about why I wouldn't be voting Reform. you said is it now far left to want our government to be less focused on hate and racism? I’m asking you so which goverment as been focussed on hate and racism?it’s your words you said LESS

Not sure how else to phrase the reply, so I pasted the same thing in. The conversation was about the Reform party, and people voting for them in the next election. Try reading from further back. "

so are you saying then that reform are focussed on hate and racism or are you just shouting out them words for the sake of it

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

His media team will not have wanted that to be the initial thing that some will recall, same as all the main parties media strategy will be looking at how they might use the upcoming Euros tournament depending on how it goes..

Modern politics is what we the electorate have tolerated and allowed to become the normal, details and facts are less important it seems than catchy sound bites and populist albeit untrue claims on a bus..

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

[Removed by poster at 23/05/24 11:13:08]

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
18 weeks ago

Well, if Reform UK persist in courting the frothing gammon vote and split the Right, then Labour are heading for a big win.

All things considered, I'm comfortable with that.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"What do you think, Drippy Rishi, or Rishi the Drip?"

As long as we can have flip-flop or Stammering Starmer.

Or maybe we hear what they have to say instead.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

I didn't say there has been. I'm talking about why I wouldn't be voting Reform. you said is it now far left to want our government to be less focused on hate and racism? I’m asking you so which goverment as been focussed on hate and racism?it’s your words you said LESS

Not sure how else to phrase the reply, so I pasted the same thing in. The conversation was about the Reform party, and people voting for them in the next election. Try reading from further back. so are you saying then that reform are focussed on hate and racism or are you just shouting out them words for the sake of it "

Almost there!

I'm saying I want less hate and racism than Reform are bringing to the table. Less division, less culture wars. And I am in favour of science being used to inform policy makers.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"His media team will not have wanted that to be the initial thing that some will recall, same as all the main parties media strategy will be looking at how they might use the upcoming Euros tournament depending on how it goes..

Modern politics is what we the electorate have tolerated and allowed to become the normal, details and facts are less important it seems than catchy sound bites and populist albeit untrue claims on a bus.."

Right wing parties in particular (but nationalists like the SNP too) have woken up to the fact that is easier to play into people’s prejudices and fears than it is to do the hard work of arguing your case using facts and developing effective policies.

Labour now seem to have cottoned on and are catching up.

We’ve let them do this because it means we don’t have to think, we just need to vote for the people who trigger the right emotions in us.

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Not sure how else to phrase the reply, so I pasted the same thing in. The conversation was about the Reform party, and people voting for them in the next election. Try reading from further back. so are you saying then that reform are focussed on hate and racism or are you just shouting out them words for the sake of it

Almost there!

I'm saying I want less hate and racism than Reform are bringing to the table. Less division, less culture wars. And I am in favour of science being used to inform policy makers."

almost there lol can’t help yaself can ya lol I don’t see hate or racism on the table from reform or any party tbh mate and science do you mean like they did during covid ? I’d keep them well away

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"What do you think, Drippy Rishi, or Rishi the Drip?

As long as we can have flip-flop or Stammering Starmer.

Or maybe we hear what they have to say instead. "

If you can get that to stick, then go for it, but there’s no image of Starmer looking like a drowned rat because he forgot his umbrella, out there.

For the record, I’m not a Labour supporter, they’ll just be getting my vote if they are in the best position to get rid of the Tories in my constituency.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"

Right wing parties in particular (but nationalists like the SNP too) have woken up to the fact that is easier to play into people’s prejudices and fears than it is to do the hard work of arguing your case using facts and developing effective policies.

"

SNP woken up to? The clue is in the name, lol. The Scottish National Party, they have always played to prejudice/s.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Not sure how else to phrase the reply, so I pasted the same thing in. The conversation was about the Reform party, and people voting for them in the next election. Try reading from further back. so are you saying then that reform are focussed on hate and racism or are you just shouting out them words for the sake of it

Almost there!

I'm saying I want less hate and racism than Reform are bringing to the table. Less division, less culture wars. And I am in favour of science being used to inform policy makers.almost there lol can’t help yaself can ya lol

"

In fairness, this whole conversation was all above in the thread. So it shouldn't have been too difficult to follow

"

I don’t see hate or racism on the table from reform

"

Then you're not looking. As above I have examples.

"

or any party tbh mate

"

Fair play to you.

"

and science do you mean like they did during covid ? I’d keep them well away "

Not sure what you're referring to, I'm not aware of Reform's stance on science with relation to covid. As mentioned, I'm specifically talking about climate science.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"

If you can get that to stick, then go for it, "

Nothing 'will' stick to Starmer - he hasn't said anything or done anything that anyone could possibly attach to him. The rain would probably fall all around him, not noticing he was there. lmao

But like I say 'childish' and there is me playing under the bridge too. Shame on me. Leave you with that one.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"His media team will not have wanted that to be the initial thing that some will recall, same as all the main parties media strategy will be looking at how they might use the upcoming Euros tournament depending on how it goes..

Modern politics is what we the electorate have tolerated and allowed to become the normal, details and facts are less important it seems than catchy sound bites and populist albeit untrue claims on a bus..

Labour now seem to have cottoned on and are catching up.

We’ve let them do this because it means we don’t have to think, we just need to vote for the people who trigger the right emotions in us."

It's not the best place to be in..

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"

If you can get that to stick, then go for it,

Nothing 'will' stick to Starmer - he hasn't said anything or done anything that anyone could possibly attach to him. The rain would probably fall all around him, not noticing he was there. lmao

But like I say 'childish' and there is me playing under the bridge too. Shame on me. Leave you with that one. "

It’s the way of the world, yet for some reason it seems to annoy us more when it’s the person on our ‘side’ it’s happening to.

Maybe none of us are immune to it despite what we might think?

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Almost there!

I'm saying I want less hate and racism than Reform are bringing to the table. Less division, less culture wars. And I am in favour of science being used to inform policy makers.almost there lol can’t help yaself can ya lol

In fairness, this whole conversation was all above in the thread. So it shouldn't have been too difficult to follow

or any party tbh mate

Fair play to you.

and science do you mean like they did during covid ? I’d keep them well away

Not sure what you're referring to, I'm not aware of Reform's stance on science with relation to covid. As mentioned, I'm specifically talking about climate science."

it wasn’t too difficult to follow but once again thanx for that lol so your not giving examples of any hate or racism then

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Almost there!

or any party tbh mate

Fair play to you.

Not sure what you're referring to, I'm not aware of Reform's stance on science with relation to covid. As mentioned, I'm specifically talking about climate science.it wasn’t too difficult to follow but once again thanx for that lol

"

Great, so you won't keep asking me to repeat the same things I've already addressed further up the thread. Excellent.

"

so your not giving examples of any hate or racism then "

Oh.

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

"

If you can get that to stick, then go for it,

But like I say 'childish' and there is me playing under the bridge too. Shame on me. Leave you with that one.

It’s the way of the world, yet for some reason it seems to annoy us more when it’s the person on our ‘side’ it’s happening to.

Maybe none of us are immune to it despite what we might think?"

I'm NOT on Sunaks side :

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Almost there!

or any party tbh mate

Fair play to you.

Not sure what you're referring to, I'm not aware of Reform's stance on science with relation to covid. As mentioned, I'm specifically talking about climate science.it wasn’t too difficult to follow but once again thanx for that lol

Great, so you won't keep asking me to repeat the same things I've already addressed further up the thread. Excellent.

so your not giving examples of any hate or racism then

Oh. "

just spouting trigger words again the old faithful hate and racism there’s a shock you’ve not done that for a while lol

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Almost there!

or any party tbh mate

Fair play to you.

Oh. just spouting trigger words again the old faithful hate and racism there’s a shock you’ve not done that for a while lol"

Does this mean you've abandoned any form of reasoned argument on the subject matter and you're just having a pop at me now?

In which case, I'll leave you to it.

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

South West London

Keir Starmer must not become Prime Minister

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Almost there!

or any party tbh mate

Fair play to you.

Oh. just spouting trigger words again the old faithful hate and racism there’s a shock you’ve not done that for a while lol

Does this mean you've abandoned any form of reasoned argument on the subject matter and you're just having a pop at me now?

In which case, I'll leave you to it."

I just wanted examples from you on the hate and racism part of your post it’s ok if you have none don’t worry about it bud

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Almost there!

or any party tbh mate

Fair play to you.

Oh. just spouting trigger words again the old faithful hate and racism there’s a shock you’ve not done that for a while lol

In which case, I'll leave you to it. I just wanted examples from you on the hate and racism part of your post it’s ok if you have none don’t worry about it bud "

Why didn't you bother reading the conversation before asking?

Here's from further up the thread where I addressed the points when the other chap asked.

"Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Have a look at their energy policy on their website, and watch Richard Tice talking about climate change on Question time."

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Decisions decisions, which bunch of dickheads gets your vote.

Think I’ll give it a miss. "

So you're content for another term of sleaze, nepotism, infighting, leadership contests, partyandothergates?

There is less apathy among blue supporters.

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"What do we make of the imagery from the announcement yesterday? A gormless PM stood in the pouring rain sans umbrella. Is this going for the sympathy vote?

No, it shows they couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

It's a bit rich to claim "Labour has no plans" when No. 10 didn't think to check the weather forecast"

They didn't need to check, just look outside

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

I'd rather vote for the monster raving loony party.

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Almost there!

or any party tbh mate

Fair play to you.

In which case, I'll leave you to it. I just wanted examples from you on the hate and racism part of your post it’s ok if you have none don’t worry about it bud

Here's from further up the thread where I addressed the points when the other chap asked.

"Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Have a look at their energy policy on their website, and watch Richard Tice talking about climate change on Question time."

"

yes I read that lots of have a look at this and that but no examples sorry I don’t have Twitter my bad lol

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"

1. 25 grand is less than average wage.

2. Lame, you mean have a disability that impedes type of employment or weekly hours worked?

3. There always will be lazy people, fortunately most working class people have work ethics (not sit your arse types).

4. Don't you believe in climate change?

5.Gender should be an age appropriate subject at school.

6. This is all far left and not decency?

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

Nigel says no..

What a surprise..

I look forward to his supporters telling us how clever he is, and that he’s actually playing 4D chess but we just don’t understand what his grand plan is."

To just have the king survive

Reply privately

By *atEvolutionCouple
18 weeks ago

Key dates.

Deadline for registering to vote

23.59 Tuesday 18 June

Deadline for applying for a postal vote

17.00 Wednesday 19 June

Deadline for applying for a proxy vote

17.00 Wednesday 26 June.

Deadline for applying for a Voter Authority Certificate

17.00 Wednesday 26 June

Polling day

07.00 – 22.00 Thursday 4 July

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

Almost there!

or any party tbh mate

Fair play to you.

In which case, I'll leave you to it. I just wanted examples from you on the hate and racism part of your post it’s ok if you have none don’t worry about it bud

"Hate?

Racism?

Less science?

yes I read that lots of have a look at this and that but no examples sorry I don’t have Twitter my bad lol"

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"What do you think, Drippy Rishi, or Rishi the Drip?"

As wet as the paddy fields, here comes SuShi

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

South West London

I believe the climate is changing but don't believe in climate emergency like Sadiq Khan and some of you like to spin and scare people about. Like for.example he wants people to stop driving as he feels they pollute the environment kool although I don't people should stop driving but make.it sense when he does nothing about the air quality under the London Underground when the air quality is much worse

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

"I believe the climate is changing but don't believe in climate emergency like Sadiq Khan and some of you like to spin and scare people about. Like for.example he wants people to stop driving as he feels they pollute the environment kool although I don't people should stop driving but make.it sense when he does nothing about the air quality under the London Underground when the air quality is much worse "

Reply privately

By *melie LALWoman
18 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Keir Starmer must not become Prime Minister "

You can always emigrate

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"I believe the climate is changing but don't believe in climate emergency like Sadiq Khan and some of you like to spin and scare people about. Like for.example he wants people to stop driving as he feels they pollute the environment kool although I don't people should stop driving but make.it sense when he does nothing about the air quality under the London Underground when the air quality is much worse "

That question has been answered mate, until the next time it's done and dusted..

Perhaps find someone else to let live rent free in your head..?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

You're confusing two separate issues.

Firstly climate science. It's real, you can learn about it, understand it, and be informed. Once you do this, you'll be much less likely to vote Reform who want to prioritise fossil fuels company profits over doing anything to tackle climate change.

Secondly reducing traffic pollution is just one small part of the miriad of methods for tackling the problem.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
18 weeks ago

Brighton

"Keir Starmer must not become Prime Minister "

Don’t know why but I keep getting images if King Canute?

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
18 weeks ago

Brighton

To be fair to Rishi, the poor chap doesn’t know how to put petrol in a car so why would he know what an umbrella is?

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

South West London

"I believe the climate is changing but don't believe in climate emergency like Sadiq Khan and some of you like to spin and scare people about. Like for.example he wants people to stop driving as he feels they pollute the environment kool although I don't people should stop driving but make.it sense when he does nothing about the air quality under the London Underground when the air quality is much worse

Firstly climate science. It's real, you can learn about it, understand it, and be informed. Once you do this, you'll be much less likely to vote Reform who want to prioritise fossil fuels company profits over doing anything to tackle climate change.

Secondly reducing traffic pollution is just one small part of the miriad of methods for tackling the problem."

I have read about Climate science and while I know you're a person who cares passionately about the climate but some of the things about it is wildly exaggerated it's facts not my opinion

Reply privately

18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"To be fair to Rishi, the poor chap doesn’t know how to put petrol in a car so why would he know what an umbrella is?"

Of course he does, it’s a thing someone else holds for him so he doesn’t get wet.

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
18 weeks ago

Brighton

Just bought shares in a popcorn producer as I think these forums are going to see sales rocket! Very entertaining 6 weeks ahead of us

Reply privately

By *irldnCouple
18 weeks ago

Brighton

"To be fair to Rishi, the poor chap doesn’t know how to put petrol in a car so why would he know what an umbrella is?

Of course he does, it’s a thing someone else holds for him so he doesn’t get wet."

He’s probably more used to having a canopy over his palanquin!

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

"I believe the climate is changing but don't believe in climate emergency like Sadiq Khan and some of you like to spin and scare people about. Like for.example he wants people to stop driving as he feels they pollute the environment kool although I don't people should stop driving but make.it sense when he does nothing about the air quality under the London Underground when the air quality is much worse

Secondly reducing traffic pollution is just one small part of the miriad of methods for tackling the problem. I have read about Climate science and while I know you're a person who cares passionately about the climate but some of the things about it is wildly exaggerated it's facts not my opinion "

Such as?

Reply privately

By *oxychick35Couple
18 weeks ago

thornaby

Secondly reducing traffic pollution is just one small part of the miriad of methods for tackling the problem. I have read about Climate science and while I know you're a person who cares passionately about the climate but some of the things about it is wildly exaggerated it's facts not my opinion

Such as?"

heres a fact it doesn’t matter a jot what the U.K. does it won’t make a blind bit of difference unless China India Brazil and lots more change

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
18 weeks ago

golden fields

Secondly reducing traffic pollution is just one small part of the miriad of methods for tackling the problem. I have read about Climate science and while I know you're a person who cares passionately about the climate but some of the things about it is wildly exaggerated it's facts not my opinion

Such as?heres a fact

"

Yes, let's go, love facts about climate science.

"

it doesn’t matter a jot what the U.K. does it won’t make a blind bit of difference unless China India Brazil and lots more change "

Oh this wasn't a fact about climate science. And it wasn't a fact. How disappointing.

Reply privately