Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Starmer finds his voice

Jump to newest

By *ackformore100 OP   Man
8 weeks ago

Tin town

Finally the leader of the opposition to his majesties government finds something to be passionate about...

The new England football kit

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *r.Stephen-PickleMan
8 weeks ago

Ends

He’s such a loser.

By *parkle1974Woman
8 weeks ago

Leeds

No wonder the country is in the state it's in if he has time to waste voicing his opinion about a football kit!!

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
8 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

"No wonder the country is in the state it's in if he has time to waste voicing his opinion about a football kit!! "

I think it’s got precious little to do with football kit, he’ll be jumping on every bandwagon that makes him appear ‘connected’ from now to till the election.

By *parkle1974Woman
8 weeks ago

Leeds

"No wonder the country is in the state it's in if he has time to waste voicing his opinion about a football kit!!

I think it’s got precious little to do with football kit, he’ll be jumping on every bandwagon that makes him appear ‘connected’ from now to till the election. "

I don't doubt that for a second.

By *ndycoinsMan
8 weeks ago

Buxton

It's not Starmer,it's the focus groups behind Starmer.Just waiting for all the people shouting 'little' Englander,right wing blah blah''etc yesterday to shout it at Starmer today.

By *aribbean King 1985Man
8 weeks ago

South West London

Starmer will jump on anything to make himself look more popular

By *rticulate SensualMan
7 weeks ago

Just Ask

Keir Starmer, the only man alive capable of losing a one horse race.

By *aribbean King 1985Man
7 weeks ago

South West London

Keir Starmer must not become Prime Minister at any cost or means

7 weeks ago

Tin town

"Keir Starmer must not become Prime Minister at any cost or means"

Surely he can't miss that open goal. I mean the "anyone but the fuckers who have driven the country off the edge of a cliff" who else is there? I never thought I'd look back at Blair and major and think they actually did ok.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 weeks ago

golden fields

"Keir Starmer must not become Prime Minister at any cost or means

Surely he can't miss that open goal. I mean the "anyone but the fuckers who have driven the country off the edge of a cliff" who else is there? I never thought I'd look back at Blair and major and think they actually did ok. "

Why not the Tories?

They've been shitting on the British public for the last 13/14 years and people keep voting for them over and over.

7 weeks ago

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 24/03/24 21:21:15]

By *ustagentMan
7 weeks ago

wa14

Starmer in charge of public prosicutions during jimmy savell case, he didnt pursue?

By *hocolate37Man
7 weeks ago

Heathrow

"Starmer in charge of public prosicutions during jimmy savell case, he didnt pursue?"

Come on now - this one's been done to death...

By *anJenny 181Couple
7 weeks ago

Preston

Can't stand the bloke personally

However anyone who can vote Tory after the performance they shown has got to need therapy

Corruption upon corruption with a bit more corruption added to the corruption

40 new hospitals

Extra nurses that are already employed

VIP fast lanes

Shipping contracts to company's with no ships

And let's not forget they brought Austerity to pay off the national debt (that's us bailing out bankers) but still managed to make that debt bigger. WTF

Who would vote for that

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 weeks ago

golden fields

"Can't stand the bloke personally

However anyone who can vote Tory after the performance they shown has got to need therapy

Corruption upon corruption with a bit more corruption added to the corruption

40 new hospitals

Extra nurses that are already employed

VIP fast lanes

Shipping contracts to company's with no ships

And let's not forget they brought Austerity to pay off the national debt (that's us bailing out bankers) but still managed to make that debt bigger. WTF

Who would vote for that

"

Lots of people. They are extremely well funded and run a slick campaign. They're supported by large sections of the media. They won the last few elections, I don't see why this one will be any different.

By *uddy laneMan
7 weeks ago

dudley

Someone took my advice, anyway, when I look at the bloke he reminds me of the new apprentice you get every year, wide eyes out of his place trying to fit in and learn the trade, only knowing what he has been taught with no instinct or experience. The bloke looks out of his depth I should if just said that thus early the morning.

By *ill69888Couple
7 weeks ago

cheltenham

Both Labour and the Tories need a seriously big clear out of very awful politicians. Sadly, the inept clowns that currently sit on the benches of both sides will be replaced with more inept clowns.

By *irldnCouple
7 weeks ago

Brighton

"Both Labour and the Tories need a seriously big clear out of very awful politicians. Sadly, the inept clowns that currently sit on the benches of both sides will be replaced with more inept clowns."

If we want better quality MPs we need to:

A) Pay them more, a lot more, to make it a vocation/career rather than stepping stone or networking opportunity

B) Not allow second jobs or overly generous expenses

C) Require them to live in their constituency

D) To have lived in their constituency for at least 2 years before being allowed to be a candidate

E) Have specific MP accommodation (aparthotels with security) in central London for those not based in London (to stop home flipping on expenses)

By *uddy laneMan
7 weeks ago

dudley

"Both Labour and the Tories need a seriously big clear out of very awful politicians. Sadly, the inept clowns that currently sit on the benches of both sides will be replaced with more inept clowns.

A) Pay them more, a lot more, to make it a vocation/career rather than stepping stone or networking opportunity

D) To have lived in their constituency for at least 2 years before being allowed to be a candidate

E) Have specific MP accommodation (aparthotels with security) in central London for those not based in London (to stop home flipping on expenses) "

Anyone can be an mp, even the thickest of the thick which is the calibre of the current crop, you just need people to put an X by your name on the ballot.

By *irldnCouple
7 weeks ago

Brighton

"Both Labour and the Tories need a seriously big clear out of very awful politicians. Sadly, the inept clowns that currently sit on the benches of both sides will be replaced with more inept clowns.

E) Have specific MP accommodation (aparthotels with security) in central London for those not based in London (to stop home flipping on expenses)

Anyone can be an mp, even the thickest of the thick which is the calibre of the current crop, you just need people to put an X by your name on the ballot. "

Precisely my point. We want the best of the best not a shower of self serving shit (SoSSS - just invented a new acronym!)

7 weeks ago

Tin town

E) Have specific MP accommodation (aparthotels with security) in central London for those not based in London (to stop home flipping on expenses) "

Can you imagine the reaction if they said... "we are quadrupling mps salaries to ensure we have top quality people in govt to run our country like a well oiled machine"?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 weeks ago

golden fields

Good post. But the whole system needs a shake up. Specifically the way political parties are funded.

For example that fella who donated £10 mil to the Tories. Or various CEOs and corporations donating millions. It creates a conflict of interest. We see it in policy making all the time. The government doesn't make decisions that are best for the country, they make decisions to keep the funds rolling in. This goes for every political party.

By *irldnCouple
7 weeks ago

Brighton

Can you imagine the reaction if they said... "we are quadrupling mps salaries to ensure we have top quality people in govt to run our country like a well oiled machine"? "

Ha I didn’t say it would be acceptable to all but IMO that is the way forward. Anything that helps reduce (you will never eradicate) back scratching and feathering of nests.

By *oo hotCouple
7 weeks ago

North West

"Keir Starmer must not become Prime Minister at any cost or means"

What does this even mean lol

By *uddy laneMan
7 weeks ago

dudley

Anyone can be an mp, even the thickest of the thick which is the calibre of the current crop, you just need people to put an X by your name on the ballot.

Precisely my point. We want the best of the best not a shower of self serving shit (SoSSS - just invented a new acronym!)"

Paying someone more money does not equate to a better performance.

The character of the person is more important.

By *eroy1000Man
7 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Keir Starmer must not become Prime Minister at any cost or means

What does this even mean lol"

I suspect the poster is not keen on SKS becoming PM, which is unfortunate given that it is almost certainly what is going to happen

By *irldnCouple
7 weeks ago

Brighton

Precisely my point. We want the best of the best not a shower of self serving shit (SoSSS - just invented a new acronym!)

The character of the person is more important."

I agree but there are plenty of very smart and experienced people who simply wouldn’t consider being an MP because it doesn’t pay enough.

By *uddy laneMan
7 weeks ago

dudley

I agree but there are plenty of very smart and experienced people who simply wouldn’t consider being an MP because it doesn’t pay enough."

Who told you that.

By *irldnCouple
7 weeks ago

Brighton

I agree but there are plenty of very smart and experienced people who simply wouldn’t consider being an MP because it doesn’t pay enough.

Who told you that."

Quite a few people actually.

By *uddy laneMan
7 weeks ago

dudley

Who told you that.

Quite a few people actually."

I will say no more.

By *irldnCouple
7 weeks ago

Brighton

Who told you that.

I will say no more."

Good idea. Quit when you are behind

By *uddy laneMan
7 weeks ago

dudley

Who told you that.

I will say no more.

Good idea. Quit when you are behind "

I'm not leaving.

By *irldnCouple
7 weeks ago

Brighton

Who told you that.

I will say no more.

Good idea. Quit when you are behind

I'm not leaving."

I hope not! Too much entertainment

7 weeks ago

Tin town

The character of the person is more important."

But is it.? I personally couldn't give a fuck about their character as long as they are fantastic at their job and could get the country back on its feet or I'd even settle for reversing the current trajectory. Ability and delivery matters, track record of success matters, dog whistling to every minority about the latest trend in self flagellation does not a leader make.

7 weeks ago

Tin town

Who told you that."

You dont get a halfway decent manager for 80k a year in London. As an example have a look at what the ceo for any of the health trusts are pulling down.? And then the person who is above all of them... The minister for health is paid less than one of their personal assistants.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
7 weeks ago

golden fields

But is it.? I personally couldn't give a fuck about their character as long as they are fantastic at their job and could get the country back on its feet or I'd even settle for reversing the current trajectory. Ability and delivery matters, track record of success matters, dog whistling to every minority about the latest trend in self flagellation does not a leader make. "

The Tories are fantastic at their job. Just happens that due to their character, they don't give half a shit about anything except lining their own pockets, and serving the needs of those who donate the most to the party.

So I am in agreement with the other poster that character matters.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
7 weeks ago

Gilfach

"I agree but there are plenty of very smart and experienced people who simply wouldn’t consider being an MP because it doesn’t pay enough."

"Who told you that."

I'll tell you that.

£86,584 is a good salary, but it comes with constant press intrusion, a spotlight on your personal life, long hours, lots of travelling, and having to be nice to the appalling voters. I wouldn't do the job for that money.

By *AFKA HovisMan
7 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I agree but there are plenty of very smart and experienced people who simply wouldn’t consider being an MP because it doesn’t pay enough.

Who told you that.

I'll tell you that.

£86,584 is a good salary, but it comes with constant press intrusion, a spotlight on your personal life, long hours, lots of travelling, and having to be nice to the appalling voters. I wouldn't do the job for that money."

agreed.

if you work in a largish company, it's worth seeing what level you would need to be to get this. And if this is the level of person you want as an MP.

And that's ignoring the fact these peeps probably wouldn't do it for that pay. While many people would say they'd do it for 90k, I'm not convinced those on 90k would. Or those on more would take a pay cut.

I'm now wondering what uplift I'd want to make it worthwhile. Would I do it for double ? Make me an offer !

By *irldnCouple
7 weeks ago

Brighton

"I agree but there are plenty of very smart and experienced people who simply wouldn’t consider being an MP because it doesn’t pay enough.

Who told you that.

I'll tell you that.

£86,584 is a good salary, but it comes with constant press intrusion, a spotlight on your personal life, long hours, lots of travelling, and having to be nice to the appalling voters. I wouldn't do the job for that money.agreed.

if you work in a largish company, it's worth seeing what level you would need to be to get this. And if this is the level of person you want as an MP.

And that's ignoring the fact these peeps probably wouldn't do it for that pay. While many people would say they'd do it for 90k, I'm not convinced those on 90k would. Or those on more would take a pay cut.

I'm now wondering what uplift I'd want to make it worthwhile. Would I do it for double ? Make me an offer !"

Then consider a Secretary of State/Minister’s pay or a Permanent Secretary in the Civil Service. They are running organisations with 000s of staff and budgets in the £billions. A comparatively powerful job in the commercial sector would pay significantly more.

By *anJenny 181Couple
7 weeks ago

Preston

The problem that we have with the 2 main party's if not a few more is who is funding them.

Oil giants, the Israel lobby, big business and the like - our political folk work for them and not us.

Take Nike as an eg a multi Billion dollar company providing us proud British people with a kit for our national team

Nike is American

Why are we not using sports kit from a British manufacturer ?

If we want to be proud let's do the full Monty

English kit for England sports teams

By *uddy laneMan
7 weeks ago

dudley

Who told you that.

You dont get a halfway decent manager for 80k a year in London. As an example have a look at what the ceo for any of the health trusts are pulling down.? And then the person who is above all of them... The minister for health is paid less than one of their personal assistants. "

You sound like an elitist, pay them more because they said so, facism comes next in that line along with the brown shirts.

By *eroy1000Man
7 weeks ago

milton keynes

"The problem that we have with the 2 main party's if not a few more is who is funding them.

Oil giants, the Israel lobby, big business and the like - our political folk work for them and not us.

Take Nike as an eg a multi Billion dollar company providing us proud British people with a kit for our national team

Nike is American

English kit for England sports teams "

In Germany they are having the very same conversation since it was announced that their football kits supplier was changing from addidas to Nike

By *AFKA HovisMan
7 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"The problem that we have with the 2 main party's if not a few more is who is funding them.

Nike is American

we can't even do that for our passports!

And which brand are we thinking ? Umbro is now American owned.

Admiral? Bukta ?

Actually, that would be cool to go retro. And that would pre date using the cross too !

By *astandFeistyCouple
7 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Nike is American

English kit for England sports teams we can't even do that for our passports!

Admiral? Bukta ?

Actually, that would be cool to go retro. And that would pre date using the cross too !

"

Castore?

By *irldnCouple
7 weeks ago

Brighton

Nike is American

English kit for England sports teams we can't even do that for our passports!

Admiral? Bukta ?

"

M&S make a nice T Shirt

7 weeks ago

Tin town

Nike is American

Yes they should be made of English cotton, from cottonopolis and fashioned into kit in proper English sweat shops.

Post new Message to Thread