Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Putin.........

Jump to newest

By *ubmissiveman2u OP   Man
9 weeks ago

Cheshire

Why oh why do the Russians vote for him, or is there no other choice, or are his opponents all in prison?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ermite12ukMan
9 weeks ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Whether they vote for him or not. Makes no difference.

By *onnynclaireCouple
9 weeks ago

spencers wood

His opponents all see do die and no one bats an eyelid.

By *AYENCouple
9 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

"Why oh why do the Russians vote for him, or is there no other choice, or are his opponents all in prison?"

All of the above - Russia is an autocratic state pretending to be democratic. My wife grew up under Soviet rule, when you fully understand how bad that is, you understand why Ukraine is fighting with all it's might, and why we in the west should be helping them more.

By *avexxMan
9 weeks ago

cheshire

"Why oh why do the Russians vote for him, or is there no other choice, or are his opponents all in prison?

All of the above - Russia is an autocratic state pretending to be democratic. My wife grew up under Soviet rule, when you fully understand how bad that is, you understand why Ukraine is fighting with all it's might, and why we in the west should be helping them more."

,,,this

By *eavenNhellCouple
9 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Why oh why do the Russians vote for him, or is there no other choice, or are his opponents all in prison?

All of the above - Russia is an autocratic state pretending to be democratic. My wife grew up under Soviet rule, when you fully understand how bad that is, you understand why Ukraine is fighting with all it's might, and why we in the west should be helping them more."

this and more the Russian people are fed a diet of state run propaganda opponents are marginalised or killed there is only one choice Putin he must not be allowed "victory " in Ukrain at all costs or he will.go on to over run further neighboring states

By *utstandingMan
9 weeks ago

HX

"Why oh why do the Russians vote for him, or is there no other choice, or are his opponents all in prison?"

There's a slight possibility that he's charismatic, has staunch principles, loves his country, and doesn't bow down to pressure? Whether we like it or not our view of him is distorted to fit a narrative they want you to believe to support a cause they want you to support, to fit their needs.

I can't imagine what people outside the UK were saying with almost every democratic vote we've made. "Why did they choose Brexit, are they idiots?". "Why did they vote Tory again, do they like sadism?". Etc etc.

By (user no longer on site)
9 weeks ago

You had to appreciate Navalny's courage ,imprisoned on trumped up charges, poisoned, green ink thrown in his eye.Killed in prison.Kept going back to Russia to carry on. How he was never thrown out of a 10 story window is just luck l guess. Putin had to give up for 4 years and then changed the rules to let himself stay on permanently. The gas and oil were taken from the state for him and the odd football team owner. Scary times

By *ndycoinsMan
9 weeks ago

Buxton

"Those who vote decide nothing,those who count the votes decide everything" Josef Stalin.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
9 weeks ago

in Lancashire

This..

There's not many if any in the countries which were oppressed during the cold war would go back to then..

By *ndycoinsMan
9 weeks ago

Buxton

Problem is the eastern half of Ukraine by majority identifies as Russian and wants to go back.

By *AYENCouple
9 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

"Problem is the eastern half of Ukraine by majority identifies as Russian and wants to go back."

Let them go back then, it's just a short flight back to their homeland if they're such keen Russians. I guess you still support the empire building of past times, which most sane people now view as wrong.

By *anillaboyMan
8 weeks ago

london

They have choices but they don't have. I know you understood.

By *espicablyMeMan
8 weeks ago

Overton

It's a long story, dating back to the 80's but I have certain family members who have had direct contact/experience of Putin (half of my family escaped Russia in the 1920's during the civil war).

Their opinion back then was that he was a dangerous, ruthless and scary individual. He very much believes in a resurgent Russia and won't let anything get in his way to achieve it. Others opinions means nothing to him (his own people or the rest of the world).

By *mateur100Man
8 weeks ago

nr faversham

I'm not remotely surprised to read that china, north Korea and Iran have endorsed the result but it's odd and worrying that the pm of India has sent his warm congratulations

By *ophieslutTV/TS
8 weeks ago

Central

He has perfected the science of population control and his continuity. By removing any genuine threats to his leadership, the election is a sham. He controls the apparatus that people need, in order to get information, TV, media, the Internet etc, so that people only get approved stories. Dissenters are imprisoned or killed. His cronies are in a similar position.

And he marshalls the men in be used as his cannon fodder at will

The illusion of choice and democracy is all that the citizens have. It's not the only country where such tactics are deployed, merely one of the more extreme examples

We can only look out for the ways that we are used in similar ways, by those with power and wealth.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

"I'm not remotely surprised to read that china, north Korea and Iran have endorsed the result but it's odd and worrying that the pm of India has sent his warm congratulations "

India's trading volume with Russia is increasing year on year. That's probably why.

By *I TwoCouple
8 weeks ago

all around

Much as I hate him, he keeps the people in line and gives them certainty.

Imagine how bad things could have got it he had been deposed by a mercenary?

Is Iraq any better without their dictator?

By *mateur100Man
8 weeks ago

nr faversham

"I'm not remotely surprised to read that china, north Korea and Iran have endorsed the result but it's odd and worrying that the pm of India has sent his warm congratulations

India's trading volume with Russia is increasing year on year. That's probably why. "

And yet we're scrambling to do a deal with India...it doesn't sit right with me on that basis

By *uddy laneMan
8 weeks ago

dudley

"I'm not remotely surprised to read that china, north Korea and Iran have endorsed the result but it's odd and worrying that the pm of India has sent his warm congratulations

India's trading volume with Russia is increasing year on year. That's probably why.

And yet we're scrambling to do a deal with India...it doesn't sit right with me on that basis "

What can the uk offer India in trade.

Cheap energy in the form of methane.

that is all India want from russia reliable molecules of freedom to increase their economic growth, which country would not want that.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

And yet we're scrambling to do a deal with India...it doesn't sit right with me on that basis "

We're desperate since the "B" word.

By *eroy1000Man
8 weeks ago

milton keynes

Many countries are wanting a deal with India. They are widely predicted to to become the third largest economy in the near future

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
8 weeks ago

Gilfach

"I'm not remotely surprised to read that china, north Korea and Iran have endorsed the result but it's odd and worrying that the pm of India has sent his warm congratulations"

"India's trading volume with Russia is increasing year on year. That's probably why."

"And yet we're scrambling to do a deal with India...it doesn't sit right with me on that basis"

"We're desperate since the "B" word."

You mean 'since such a thing has been possible'.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

And yet we're scrambling to do a deal with India...it doesn't sit right with me on that basis

You mean 'since such a thing has been possible'."

Nope.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
8 weeks ago

Gilfach

"I'm not remotely surprised to read that china, north Korea and Iran have endorsed the result but it's odd and worrying that the pm of India has sent his warm congratulations"

"India's trading volume with Russia is increasing year on year. That's probably why."

"And yet we're scrambling to do a deal with India...it doesn't sit right with me on that basis"

"You mean 'since such a thing has been possible'."

"Nope."

You carry on denying then.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

Nope.

You carry on denying then."

Thank you for permission to continue to deny your incorrect corrections of what I said.

By *uddy laneMan
8 weeks ago

dudley

Nope.

Thank you for permission to continue to deny your incorrect corrections of what I said. "

I thought the b word was baiting, has in race baiting.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

Nope.

Thank you for permission to continue to deny your incorrect corrections of what I said.

I thought the b word was baiting, has in race baiting. "

Oh yes, you falsely accused me of that for no reason in another thread too.

Maybe try to focus on the topic being discussed instead of making up nonsense about other people.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
8 weeks ago

Gilfach

"You mean 'since such a thing has been possible'."

"Nope."

"You carry on denying then."

"Thank you for permission to continue to deny your incorrect corrections of what I said."

Oh, is it not OK to re-phrase someone else's words? I must remember to call it out next time someone expresses mild disquiet at a green policy, and then another poster mischaracterises that as being 'anti science'.

By *ikeSM23Man
8 weeks ago

Manchester

Putin a modern-day dictator, holds a political monopoly and thus the oppression of the Russian population through an unrelenting control of state institutions, media and government. Operates an unswerving pursuit of ideological goals, detests democracy especially that espoused by western countries. Is ambivalent to corruption and discharges a dogged determination to rebuild the USSR whilst punitively crushing minority groups. Dismisses human rights, equality and liberalism under the umbrella of communist goals and objectives. Do we need to continue??

By *uddy laneMan
8 weeks ago

dudley

Nope.

Maybe try to focus on the topic being discussed instead of making up nonsense about other people. "

I'm shocked your b friend did not take offence on your behalf and jump in, and you was race baiting on the Kyle rittenhouse topic for all to see. La la la only works in your head and it can't be washed away. Just like Mr trump is living rent free in your head.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

"And yet we're scrambling to do a deal with India...it doesn't sit right with me on that basis

Nope.

Oh, is it not OK to re-phrase someone else's words? I must remember to call it out next time someone expresses mild disquiet at a green policy, and then another poster mischaracterises that as being 'anti science'."

Haven't seen that happening on the forum, but still, good to remain vigilant incase this very specific and very unlikely scenario should occur.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

Nope.

Maybe try to focus on the topic being discussed instead of making up nonsense about other people.

I'm shocked your b friend did not take offence on your behalf and jump in, and you was race baiting on the Kyle rittenhouse topic for all to see. La la la only works in your head and it can't be washed away. Just like Mr trump is living rent free in your head. "

I'll be completely honest, I haven't got the slightest notion of what you're on about. I assume it's some weird underhanded way of attempting to insult, while simultaneously not addressing the topic?

By *uddy laneMan
8 weeks ago

dudley

Nope.

I'm shocked your b friend did not take offence on your behalf and jump in, and you was race baiting on the Kyle rittenhouse topic for all to see. La la la only works in your head and it can't be washed away. Just like Mr trump is living rent free in your head.

I'll be completely honest, I haven't got the slightest notion of what you're on about. I assume it's some weird underhanded way of attempting to insult, while simultaneously not addressing the topic?"

Like I said la la la, only works in your head, honesty, you should own what you said to be honest and not cower away from it.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

Nope.

I'll be completely honest, I haven't got the slightest notion of what you're on about. I assume it's some weird underhanded way of attempting to insult, while simultaneously not addressing the topic?

Like I said la la la, only works in your head, honesty, you should own what you said to be honest and not cower away from it. "

What exactly do you think I've said, and what does any of this have to do with Putin?

By *uddy laneMan
8 weeks ago

dudley

Nope.

Like I said la la la, only works in your head, honesty, you should own what you said to be honest and not cower away from it.

What exactly do you think I've said, and what does any of this have to do with Putin?"

What was the comment the b word meant to do other than derail the topic.

What has the b word got to do with Mr Putin.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

Nope.

What exactly do you think I've said, and what does any of this have to do with Putin?

What has the b word got to do with Mr Putin."

I was answering a direct question posted by another poster. Speak to them about why they asked it.

Thank you for asking.

Any update on what it is you think I said, and what that has to do with Putin?

By *uddy laneMan
8 weeks ago

dudley

Nope.

I was answering a direct question posted by another poster. Speak to them about why they asked it.

Thank you for asking.

Any update on what it is you think I said, and what that has to do with Putin?"

What did you mean by the b word in your response.

Say the word so people know what you mean, cuz ambiguity can creep in.

By *irldnCouple
8 weeks ago

Brighton

The forum are now arguing over a letter “b”

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

Nope.

Thank you for asking.

Say the word so people know what you mean, cuz ambiguity can creep in. "

"Brexit". It was obvious.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

"The forum are now arguing over a letter “b” "

This forum used to be fun. It's gone down the toilet.

By *irldnCouple
8 weeks ago

Brighton

"The forum are now arguing over a letter “b”

This forum used to be fun. It's gone down the toilet."

We have lost some of the more entertaining posters over the past year too.

By *onnynclaireCouple
8 weeks ago

spencers wood

"The forum are now arguing over a letter “b” "

I really hope the cast of Sesame Street don’t get wind of this.

By *I TwoCouple
8 weeks ago

all around

"The forum are now arguing over a letter “b”

This forum used to be fun. It's gone down the toilet."

That's P not B

By *uddy laneMan
8 weeks ago

dudley

Nope.

Thank you for asking.

I'm going to fact check that,,,,. I can't see anything to suggest brexit has anything to do with Mr Putin's recent win in the Russian elections or it's trade with India or China. Do you know something everyone else doesn't.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

Nope.

Thank you for asking.

I'm going to fact check that,,,,. I can't see anything to suggest brexit has anything to do with Mr Putin's recent win in the Russian elections or it's trade with India or China. Do you know something everyone else doesn't.

"

Who claimed that it did, and where did they claim it?

Let me know what you find out.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

Nope.

Thank you for asking.

"

By *irldnCouple
8 weeks ago

Brighton

Can I jump in? Well I have soz.

Johnny pointed out that the UK are desperate to do a trade deal with India since the B word (ie Brexit). No mention of Putin.

There that’s all wrapped up. Shall we get back to talking about Putin?

I’ll start…

(Mr) Putin is a cunt! That’s it. That’s all there is. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk

By *uddy laneMan
8 weeks ago

dudley

Nope.

Thank you for asking.

I don't have a b friend to jump in between and answer, so I guess you will not be getting an answer.

By *irldnCouple
8 weeks ago

Brighton

Am I the “b friend”?

I mean, this is a social site and I do like to befriend people who catch our eye. Not sure that is what you mean Buddy?

Surely Buddy you must be the “B friend” right?

Lots of B’s going on there?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

Nope.

Thank you for asking.

I don't have a b friend to jump in between and answer, so I guess you will not be getting an answer."

Wtf is a "B" friend? A "Brexit" friend? What's this got to do with anything?

Any luck investigating the mystery claim you made about someone saying "...brexit has anything to do with Mr Putin's recent win in the Russian elections"?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

"Am I the “b friend”?

I mean, this is a social site and I do like to befriend people who catch our eye. Not sure that is what you mean Buddy?

Lots of B’s going on there?"

So much B's in this thread. It's getting close the the Greta had an octopus soft toy thread.

By *uddy laneMan
8 weeks ago

dudley

"Am I the “b friend”?

So much B's in this thread. It's getting close the the Greta had an octopus soft toy thread."

The ambiguous B, what do you think I meant with the b, and it ain't boy.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
8 weeks ago

golden fields

"Am I the “b friend”?

So much B's in this thread. It's getting close the the Greta had an octopus soft toy thread.

The ambiguous B, what do you think I meant with the b, and it ain't boy."

I'll be honest. I haven't got a clue what you're on about.

You asked lots of questions, that I answered. Then made a load of weird statements that you won't answer any questions about.

I have no clue what any of this has got to do with Putin. You won't explain that either.

Maybe we can just drop this ever less relevant tangent?

By *irldnCouple
8 weeks ago

Brighton

I’ve heard of Johnny B Good but not Buddy B Friend before?

By *I TwoCouple
8 weeks ago

all around

Brexit had nothing to do with Putin's win

Putin had a lot to do with the Brexit "win" (or lose depending on your viewpoint)

Post new Message to Thread