Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Russian civil war

Jump to newest

By *eavenNhell OP   Couple
47 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Reports of road blocks in moscow and rostov rocket attack on wagner troops putin telling wagner troops not take orders from boss but to arrest him .all kicking off in russia

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abioMan
47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Reports of road blocks in moscow and rostov rocket attack on wagner troops putin telling wagner troops not take orders from boss but to arrest him .all kicking off in russia "

People who plan coups don’t normally tell the world before they do it…so I don’t know what the head of wagner is up to

But it’s ballsy knowing exactly what putin normally does to his enemies…

By *ate_BMan
47 weeks ago

London

I wonder what kind of spin the commentators on ‘Russian media monitor’ will make of these events especially when the USA, UK and others have no involvement in this.

By *abioMan
47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I wonder what kind of spin the commentators on ‘Russian media monitor’ will make of these events especially when the USA, UK and others have no involvement in this. "

The line will be there have been given western misinformation… they will spin it

By *ate_BMan
47 weeks ago

London

"I wonder what kind of spin the commentators on ‘Russian media monitor’ will make of these events especially when the USA, UK and others have no involvement in this.

The line will be there have been given western misinformation… they will spin it "

Not sure if the translation on Sky News was on point, but Putin mentioned ‘treason’ and ‘criminal act’ a few times. Interesting to see what’ll happen now.

By *iman2100Man
47 weeks ago

Glasgow

Throughout history Kings and governments have been threatened by powerful individuals who they earlier relied on to do their dirty work. Sometimes they win and sometimes they lose. Pregozhin, now on the FSB list of criminals, lost 10s of thousands of valuable fighting assets and I suspect Putin has not paid him enough.

So Putin has now a 25,000 strong private army of battle hardened troops, with an effective command and control system, inside Russia (at Rostov-on-Don). Who is to say these mercenaries will not turn on Russia for the bag of Western dollars?

Putin's response? We are sending in conscripts to stop them. These are the same conscripts who have to buy their own uniforms, body armour, weapons and ammunition. Good luck with that Mr Putin.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
47 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

[Removed by poster at 24/06/23 10:55:37]

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
47 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

He seems to have sent forces into Rostov-on-Don. It's quite a way from Moscow but seems to be the best place to secure that has a road leading directly to Russia. It also would be a good logistical hub to take control of in order to control things going into Crimea.

By *otMe66Man
47 weeks ago

Terra Firma

It will not end well for Wagner, this will become more of a priority to Putin than Ukraine.

The interesting outcome will be what the Ukrainian military can do too capitalise on this event. Could they push up into Southern Russia, or flank and attack Wagner, if they are being attacked by Russian troops? It would remove 25K hostiles from the war.

By *amish SMan
47 weeks ago

Eastleigh

In the meantime Russian Legion are also being a pain for Putin.

For wagner it will be interesting, I'm sure wagner are guarding 4T of Putins gold in Africa.

Wagner are not daft, they'll have members and sympathisers operating a network of small cells in Moscow days in advance. They'll be well informed of Russian troop movements, numbers etc. The fact they have advanced so quick on the road to Moscow should ring alarm bells in Putins head.

By *9alMan
47 weeks ago

Bridgend

"He seems to have sent forces into Rostov-on-Don. It's quite a way from Moscow but seems to be the best place to secure that has a road leading directly to Russia. It also would be a good logistical hub to take control of in order to control things going into Crimea."

I thought the river Don was in Yorkshire ? perhaps Wagner have taken the wrong turn ?

By (user no longer on site)
47 weeks ago

"Reports of road blocks in moscow and rostov rocket attack on wagner troops putin telling wagner troops not take orders from boss but to arrest him .all kicking off in russia

People who plan coups don’t normally tell the world before they do it…so I don’t know what the head of wagner is up to

But it’s ballsy knowing exactly what putin normally does to his enemies…"

Maybe Wagner has ‘allies’ within the Russian government/ army who are encouraging him , or it could just be a trap

By *abioMan
47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Reports of road blocks in moscow and rostov rocket attack on wagner troops putin telling wagner troops not take orders from boss but to arrest him .all kicking off in russia

Maybe Wagner has ‘allies’ within the Russian government/ army who are encouraging him , or it could just be a trap "

You could argue that Wagner will have the better trained and armed troops until putin decides to get the super elite troops out! It will be interesting to see how close to Moscow he allows Wagner to get

By *oubleswing2019Man
47 weeks ago

Colchester

I suspect they will get some distance close to Moscow and then an almighty bomber or strike of some sort is going to be unleashed on them.

And this will escalate things further.

The only way to descalate this is to hand over Gerasimov and Shoigu. Throwing them to the wolves is the only way I can see Putin et all getting out of this.

47 weeks ago

"He seems to have sent forces into Rostov-on-Don. It's quite a way from Moscow but seems to be the best place to secure that has a road leading directly to Russia. It also would be a good logistical hub to take control of in order to control things going into Crimea.

I thought the river Don was in Yorkshire ? perhaps Wagner have taken the wrong turn ? "

There's also a Moscow in Ayrshire. Hope their not heading there..

By *ate_BMan
47 weeks ago

London

"I suspect they will get some distance close to Moscow and then an almighty bomber or strike of some sort is going to be unleashed on them.

The only way to descalate this is to hand over Gerasimov and Shoigu. Throwing them to the wolves is the only way I can see Putin et all getting out of this."

Fucking Prigozhin. That bastard has mercenaries operating in areas of Africa for no other gain other than money, it only adds to the instability of the continent. As much as I hope Wagner is wiped out I’m wondering where this sudden shot of bravery has come from?

By *astandFeistyCouple
47 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"I suspect they will get some distance close to Moscow and then an almighty bomber or strike of some sort is going to be unleashed on them.

The only way to descalate this is to hand over Gerasimov and Shoigu. Throwing them to the wolves is the only way I can see Putin et all getting out of this.

Fucking Prigozhin. That bastard has mercenaries operating in areas of Africa for no other gain other than money, it only adds to the instability of the continent. As much as I hope Wagner is wiped out I’m wondering where this sudden shot of bravery has come from? "

No gain other than money??

That's literally every single PMC world wide.

We won't mention the wars the West get involved in,. I can tell you our governments aren't sending troops to places unless they have something to gain, its not out of the kindness of their hearts.

By *ools and the brainCouple
47 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Perhaps it's a ploy to get the UN involved and then retaliation is justified ( in their eyes)

47 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 24/06/23 17:48:10]

47 weeks ago

Putin sang Blueberry Hills on a visit to the US many years ago.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ZU1PXPoNI&feature=share7

He might be rehearsing My Way at the moment...

By *ind PaddyMan
47 weeks ago

South County Dublin

Hope Ukraine can take advantage of the situation. 2 greedy headbangers going at one another

By *amish SMan
47 weeks ago

Eastleigh

Maybe Wagner has ‘allies’ within the Russian government/ army who are encouraging him , or it could just be a trap

You could argue that Wagner will have the better trained and armed troops until putin decides to get the super elite troops out! It will be interesting to see how close to Moscow he allows Wagner to get "

Prigoshin is not daft, even he is not that stupid to advance on Moscow without support being on the scene when he gets there.

By *amish SMan
47 weeks ago

Eastleigh

Looks like the wagner plan is going well, Putin has questions but not answers now. What the hell is he going to do with 25,000 battle hardened troops in their barracks, they won't be happy. This does however give Putin time to try and find out who supports Prigoshin in the Kremlin.

By *ate_BMan
47 weeks ago

London

I’m going to assume that Prigozhin will now head to Belarus, Putin will tell Lukashenko his time is up and Prigozhin will be installed as head of Belarus. Chechnya 2.0.

By *bernathCouple
46 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

"I’m going to assume that Prigozhin will now head to Belarus, Putin will tell Lukashenko his time is up and Prigozhin will be installed as head of Belarus. Chechnya 2.0."

Doesn’t sound far fetched, or it could be a ruse.

Lukashenko is notorious with promising political opponents they have no fear of coming to Belarus, then arresting them as soon as they land at the airport.

I don’t think Putin will let this challenge to his authority slip. Prigozhin’s days are numbered now.

By *ohnbr2023Man
46 weeks ago

nottingham

Think it wad plan to Belarus involved with war

By *illiam101000Man
46 weeks ago

Melton Mowbray

Does the West now help wagner removal of Putin. Wagner will probably remove his forces from Ukrainian front lines and hopefully Ukrainian troops will regain their borders.

By *idnight RamblerMan
46 weeks ago

Pershore

"Does the West now help wagner removal of Putin. Wagner will probably remove his forces from Ukrainian front lines and hopefully Ukrainian troops will regain their borders. "

So the choice for the West is between a crazed tyrant and a mad despot.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
46 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Does the West now help wagner removal of Putin. Wagner will probably remove his forces from Ukrainian front lines and hopefully Ukrainian troops will regain their borders."

The West has to stay well away from this. If any Western country were to be seen supporting Prigozhin, Putin would claim that the whole thing was just a Western plot to overthrow him, justifying retaliation.

The only sensible thing the West can do is sit back and wait.

By *melie LALWoman
46 weeks ago

Peterborough

Sunak on LK on this issue: she asks him several questions. His responses are the same phrase rephrased.

These bloody politicians learn their lines and don't deviate from their message.

Get me politicians who can think for themselves and actually answer questions!

By *ammskiMan
46 weeks ago

lytham st.annes

"Sunak on LK on this issue: she asks him several questions. His responses are the same phrase rephrased.

These bloody politicians learn their lines and don't deviate from their message.

Get me politicians who can think for themselves and actually answer questions!"

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
46 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Sunak on LK on this issue: she asks him several questions. His responses are the same phrase rephrased.

I didn't see the interview, so I don't know what he said, but I'm going to disagree.

I'd rather see politicians keep their mouths shut until they have had time to assess a situation and come up with a sensible response. The modern tactic of political interviewers is to ask a question about something that happened a few minutes ago, and then berate the person for a - not reacting fast enough, or b - changing their policy from what they previously said.

Sunak absolutely should not be making pronouncements about this right now. He should be making plans in the background, but not making public announcements until the dust has settled.

By *estivalMan
46 weeks ago

borehamwood

lol your gona have a long wait none of them answer the actual question thats been asked they answer the question they thinks been asked

By *melie LALWoman
46 weeks ago

Peterborough

Get me politicians who can think for themselves and actually answer questions! lol your gona have a long wait none of them answer the actual question thats been asked they answer the question they thinks been asked"

Disagree. They simply answer the question they want to answer with the response they have had time to prepare.

By *melie LALWoman
46 weeks ago

Peterborough

Get me politicians who can think for themselves and actually answer questions!

I didn't see the interview, so I don't know what he said, but I'm going to disagree.

I'd rather see politicians keep their mouths shut until they have had time to assess a situation and come up with a sensible response. The modern tactic of political interviewers is to ask a question about something that happened a few minutes ago, and then berate the person for a - not reacting fast enough, or b - changing their policy from what they previously said.

Sunak absolutely should not be making pronouncements about this right now. He should be making plans in the background, but not making public announcements until the dust has settled."

You should watch it before making assumptions.

Question Time and LK will at least provide briefs on the questions. You can tell this because the politicians have all prepared responses. They don't like it when the question deviates, and so they think rephrasing their response is better than stating "this is the position as it stands and I can say no more".

God, that'd be too honest.

By *idnight RamblerMan
46 weeks ago

Pershore

There's no civil war. The West has been duped. It's an encirclement manoeuvre to get Wagner troops into Belarus for the short march across the border to Kyiv. This will open up a Northern front taking Ukrainian resources away from the eastern front.

By *rive u crazyMan
46 weeks ago

Sheffield

Get me politicians who can think for themselves and actually answer questions! lol your gona have a long wait none of them answer the actual question thats been asked they answer the question they thinks been asked

Disagree. They simply answer the question they want to answer with the response they have had time to prepare.

"

They don’t answer. They just say what they want to say, no matter what you ask, what people need. Far from elections, we are just annoyances (well, I am always an annoyance as I am not entitled to vote in this Country)

By *orleymanMan
46 weeks ago

Leeds

"Reports of road blocks in moscow and rostov rocket attack on wagner troops putin telling wagner troops not take orders from boss but to arrest him .all kicking off in russia "

Aaaaaand it's over

By *abioMan
46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So are we saying the only successful coup this weekend was Rick astleys takeover as front man of the smiths then!!!

Seriously though… I don’t see what the Wagner leader is here… does he really think he is safe in Belarus? He is never going to be able to drink out of a cup not his in case of it being spiked or go near a window for fear of being pushed out of it

By *melie LALWoman
46 weeks ago

Peterborough

"So are we saying the only successful coup this weekend was Rick astleys takeover as front man of the smiths then!!!

Seriously though… I don’t see what the Wagner leader is here… does he really think he is safe in Belarus? He is never going to be able to drink out of a cup not his in case of it being spiked or go near a window for fear of being pushed out of it"

Did you watch Litvenenko? I'm surprised the Russians haven't tried to get at his widow (or they have and failed).

By *melie LALWoman
46 weeks ago

Peterborough

Or even Litvinenko. ITV.

By *irldnCouple
46 weeks ago

Brighton

"So are we saying the only successful coup this weekend was Rick astleys takeover as front man of the smiths then!!!

Seriously though… I don’t see what the Wagner leader is here… does he really think he is safe in Belarus? He is never going to be able to drink out of a cup not his in case of it being spiked or go near a window for fear of being pushed out of it"

And Rick Astley playing drums on and singing an AC/DC song! Who’d have thought?

Post new Message to Thread