Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

BBC agenda

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
47 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Now more than ever the BBC'S negative agenda is just amazing.

They seem to be reveling in the misfortune of people and finding every bad news story available.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orleymanMan
47 weeks ago

Leeds

Stopped paying license in 2013.

Waste of time.

Not particularly just for the news. But the output just became terrible, sports diminished. I only tuned in for.af neil and daily politics. The when he left and you saw where all the other former bbc employees took up residence it became clear why news stories were so terrible.

I'm hoping more do as I have done. Switch the streaming services with no need to pay for a license.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
47 weeks ago

golden fields

"Now more than ever the BBC'S negative agenda is just amazing.

They seem to be reveling in the misfortune of people and finding every bad news story available.

"

Why, what are they reporting?

By *asyukMan
47 weeks ago

West London

"

Might there be some "bad news" stories around given the inflation, rising mortgage costs,strokes, cost of living crisis etc?

By (user no longer on site)
47 weeks ago

"

Maybe there’s not a lot of good news out there to report on.

Generally the left think the BBC is too biased to the right. The right think it’s too biased to the left. It’s indicative that overall they’re probably not doing too bad a job - Kuenssberg excepted.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
47 weeks ago

golden fields

Maybe there’s not a lot of good news out there to report on.

Generally the left think the BBC is too biased to the right. The right think it’s too biased to the left. It’s indicative that overall they’re probably not doing too bad a job - Kuenssberg excepted. "

They're typically bias towards the government. In my opinion.

Whomever that might be.

By *idnight RamblerMan
47 weeks ago

Pershore

I'm not sure the BBC are politically biased. This is subjective according to the viewer's affiliations. I do agree there is negativity and whinging in BBC programmes. The main news is bad enough, but I've had to stop watching the local news it's become such a whinge-fest.

By *otMe66Man
47 weeks ago

Terra Firma

The BBC seem to have lost direction and standards seem to be slipping in the writing, spelling and editorial elements.

So many spelling errors especially over the weekend.

Random stories that are not worth the effort or more interestingly go over the top, near obsessive. Today for example they are running with this "Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg agree to hold cage fight" It is basically all from a tweet from Musk, absolute nonsense... The obsession with Andrew Tate is strange too, the number of stories, video and now interviews with him are confusing...

Finally, I think they have dumbed themselves down so far in an attempt to leave nobody behind, I find most of the "explainers" that pop up in the middle of a story akin to reading Janet and John...

By (user no longer on site)
47 weeks ago

"The BBC seem to have lost direction and standards seem to be slipping in the writing, spelling and editorial elements.

So many spelling errors especially over the weekend.

Random stories that are not worth the effort or more interestingly go over the top, near obsessive. Today for example they are running with this "Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg agree to hold cage fight" It is basically all from a tweet from Musk, absolute nonsense... The obsession with Andrew Tate is strange too, the number of stories, video and now interviews with him are confusing...

Finally, I think they have dumbed themselves down so far in an attempt to leave nobody behind, I find most of the "explainers" that pop up in the middle of a story akin to reading Janet and John..."

Society as a whole has been dumbed down - I may be wrong, but the growth of reality TV has played an enormous role in this. Social media too - where everyone can have their own 60 seconds of ‘fame’

We celebrate people like Joey Essex for what? For being thick on telly.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
46 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

They're following the bastardised American method of reporting. Fear, fear, death, murder, pain, misery, fear, murder, fear, fear. Just turn off all news, life is better that way.

By *asyukMan
46 weeks ago

West London

"

Which news organisation is publishing the positiv agenda that you want?

The Mail?

The Telegraph?

The Guardian?

GB News?

Sky News?

What has the BBC done that is so much worse?

By *ndycoinsMan
46 weeks ago

Buxton

The Mail?

The Telegraph?

The Guardian?

GB News?

Sky News?

What has the BBC done that is so much worse?"

You really need that explaining to you?

By *asyukMan
46 weeks ago

West London

The Mail?

The Telegraph?

The Guardian?

GB News?

Sky News?

What has the BBC done that is so much worse?

You really need that explaining to you?"

Which news organisation is publishing the positive agenda that you want relative to the BBC?

Yes, I want it explaining. That's why I asked.

Who is doing a better job?

By *bernathCouple
46 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

Maybe the reason why there is a negative news agenda is because things are so bad at the moment, people are genuinely worried about things getting expensive, being taxed for little return in our public services. Lost trust in our government, scandal after scandal.

Well if the BBC want to be pissed off, it’s captured the mood of the public quite well.

Post new Message to Thread