Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

PTSD and ocd

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've got them, but Is it a stigma still?

There's been a lot of publication of this in media and talked about, but has the media over done this to the extent of belittling the whole thing?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

It's a secret from family and friends and work colleagues and want it that way

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

I feel like PTSD is a widely recognised condition and is taken very seriously these days.

OCD is probably the most over and wrongly used mental health term out there, these days. People call themselves OCD just because they like their shoe rack to be neat Genuine OCD can be seriously debilitating.

Neither condition are anything to be ashamed of. I hope you can get help with both.

over a year ago

"I feel like PTSD is a widely recognised condition and is taken very seriously these days.

OCD is probably the most over and wrongly used mental health term out there, these days. People call themselves OCD just because they like their shoe rack to be neat Genuine OCD can be seriously debilitating.

Neither condition are anything to be ashamed of. I hope you can get help with both. "

Thanks. I think if I told anyone they'd think ooh there's that nut job etc.. it's a barrier to work colleagues etc. I've had help just not sure if society on general is still accepting understanding.

My trouble is from being a medic in the army. I saw quite a lot that still drives OCD. PTSD is under control a lot

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well Calico .. judging by my posts I have severe PTSD. The fuck everyone and everything attitude. How do we adjust again? The horrors the explanations as why they way you are is daunting. When people can't fathom the same thoughts? You try and be a better " Human" . But sometimes you just want to watch the world burn.

over a year ago

"Well Calico .. judging by my posts I have severe PTSD. The fuck everyone and everything attitude. How do we adjust again? The horrors the explanations as why they way you are is daunting. When people can't fathom the same thoughts? You try and be a better " Human" . But sometimes you just want to watch the world burn."

I hope your ok blue! And get on living your life. I am past the worst , just the OCD can be a pain. I hope your getting Al the help you need, is your military good with help?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Well Calico .. judging by my posts I have severe PTSD. The fuck everyone and everything attitude. How do we adjust again? The horrors the explanations as why they way you are is daunting. When people can't fathom the same thoughts? You try and be a better " Human" . But sometimes you just want to watch the world burn.

I hope your ok blue! And get on living your life. I am past the worst , just the OCD can be a pain. I hope your getting Al the help you need, is your military good with help?"

Thank you I am I have awesome support.Love you too!

Post new Message to Thread