Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Strikes at the BBC?

Jump to newest

By *annaBeBeachBum OP   Man
over a year ago

Sunny SouthWest

Doesn’t all this constitute a strike? Because they haven’t given the requisite prior notice like the rest of us have to, nor provided the basic level of cover for their ‘essential’ service, shouldn’t they all be sued and sacked for breach of contract?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"Doesn’t all this constitute a strike? Because they haven’t given the requisite prior notice like the rest of us have to, nor provided the basic level of cover for their ‘essential’ service, shouldn’t they all be sued and sacked for breach of contract?"

How would suing and sacking them work out? Would that help the situation in some way?

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

"Doesn’t all this constitute a strike? Because they haven’t given the requisite prior notice like the rest of us have to, nor provided the basic level of cover for their ‘essential’ service, shouldn’t they all be sued and sacked for breach of contract?

How would suing and sacking them work out? Would that help the situation in some way?"

It would improve the sports coverage. Although I have never watched it myself, my dad said Match of the Day was great at the weekend. Instead of having to record it and fast forward through the over paid pundits' drivel the usual hour and a half was twenty minutes of pure football. No fast forward required and all the same football coverage.

So sacking those who have an over inflated opinion of their own importance can only be a good thing.

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"Doesn’t all this constitute a strike? Because they haven’t given the requisite prior notice like the rest of us have to, nor provided the basic level of cover for their ‘essential’ service, shouldn’t they all be sued and sacked for breach of contract?

How would suing and sacking them work out? Would that help the situation in some way?

It would improve the sports coverage. Although I have never watched it myself, my dad said Match of the Day was great at the weekend. Instead of having to record it and fast forward through the over paid pundits' drivel the usual hour and a half was twenty minutes of pure football. No fast forward required and all the same football coverage.

So sacking those who have an over inflated opinion of their own importance can only be a good thing. "

Does everyone prefer this form of the programmes?

Why is the one piece of information that you have easy access to the only one to pay attention to?

By *astandFeistyCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

There is no possibility of them being 'sacked', they are freelancers.

Besides, the BBC look bad enough in this, do you honestly think they'll go that step further?

By *annaBeBeachBum OP   Man
over a year ago

Sunny SouthWest

Of course it was tongue in cheek, but that’s the law the government has made to deal with strikes so it should apply to their BBC puppet department, whether the strikers are freelancers or not. Ironic that MOTD ‘lite’ got more viewers than normal!

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"Of course it was tongue in cheek, but that’s the law the government has made to deal with strikes so it should apply to their BBC puppet department, whether the strikers are freelancers or not. Ironic that MOTD ‘lite’ got more viewers than normal!"

Curiosity?

By *astandFeistyCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Of course it was tongue in cheek, but that’s the law the government has made to deal with strikes so it should apply to their BBC puppet department, whether the strikers are freelancers or not. Ironic that MOTD ‘lite’ got more viewers than normal!

Curiosity?"

I would think curiosity. If people want to see the goals, there's plenty of places to see them without tuning in.

The presenters are what make MOTD do good in my opinion.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So sacking those who have an over inflated opinion of their own importance can only be a good thing. "

My dad said MOTD was shite last Saturday

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So sacking those who have an over inflated opinion of their own importance can only be a good thing.

My dad said MOTD was shite last Saturday "

Match of the day better without em and money saved

Post new Message to Thread