Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Anti-Ukrainian war demonstrators - stupidity

Jump to newest

By *bernath OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Where pacifists and far right wing extremists agree. Albeit for different motives.

You can see how this all plays into Putins hands.

You wouldn’t see these types of demonstrations in Moscow. They would be suppressed.

In the UK you got Corbyn who is anti-war. Even his old supporters like McDonnell are saying we should be arming Ukrainians against Putin.

Pacifist would want you capitulate automatically.

And far right extremists would negotiate to have support from the enemy to overthrow our legitimate governments.

As far as I see it’s stupidity and traitorous intent mixing.

peace will only be achieved if Putin withdraws his forces for Ukraine and stops interfering in the domestic affairs of it neighbours.

And I don’t think asking him in his current mental state is going to make it happen. So we should support every effort ensure Ukraine can defend herself against her Russian aggressors.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

So you are essentially parroting the message of our state to vilify those with different opinions? Duck speak is what Orwell called it, to parrot the party line without thinking.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Just to add, we don't win people over to supporting Ukraine by parroting state propaganda. There are better far more effective ways to explain why it is in all our interests to support Ukraine.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"Where pacifists and far right wing extremists agree. Albeit for different motives.

You can see how this all plays into Putins hands.

You wouldn’t see these types of demonstrations in Moscow. They would be suppressed.

In the UK you got Corbyn who is anti-war. Even his old supporters like McDonnell are saying we should be arming Ukrainians against Putin.

Pacifist would want you capitulate automatically.

And far right extremists would negotiate to have support from the enemy to overthrow our legitimate governments.

As far as I see it’s stupidity and traitorous intent mixing.

peace will only be achieved if Putin withdraws his forces for Ukraine and stops interfering in the domestic affairs of it neighbours.

And I don’t think asking him in his current mental state is going to make it happen. So we should support every effort ensure Ukraine can defend herself against her Russian aggressors.

"

I agree, but there has to come a point when the talking starts. At the moment I feel that Putin believes that one last massive push would see Russia take over a large part of Eastern Ukraine and possibly he may then look to talk.

On the other hand, I think that Ukraine think that they can isolate, starve and ultimately retake Crimea and so they too are not ready to talk just yet.

The time will come though when the talking has to start and sick as it sounds, Russia will have to be given a dignified exit. History has taught us all around the world that when a loser is humiliated in defeat, the consequences can be even worse a little further down the line.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

Surely the West can use the human rights abuse sheild similar to Syria, support anti war anti Putin government rebels who are having their human rights abused with tactical support and ljght arms.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

What am I thinking Syria ended up being a human rights catastrophe and mass death.

Post new Message to Thread