Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

How will jeremy hunts budget look like?

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

He will announce it today and rumours have it that he is widely going to unviel a package of tax rises and spending cuts to plug 60bn shortfall, what other things do you think that he will talk about?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

According to City AM... Brits are paying the highest electricity bills in the entire world.

The WORLD!

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Remember today when Sunak and Hunt raise your tax and bring in sweeping cuts, that the UK is the 5th (or 6th as India has recently overtaken) richest country in the world!

If the economy had been managed correctly over the last 12 years of Tory rule there would have been no need to bring in Austerity 2.0

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Remember today when Sunak and Hunt raise your tax and bring in sweeping cuts, that the UK is the 5th (or 6th as India has recently overtaken) richest country in the world!

If the economy had been managed correctly over the last 12 years of Tory rule there would have been no need to bring in Austerity 2.0"

Yes, you are right there, if it was, they wouldnt have to bring in the austerity 2.0 then

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

How do we all think it went? They were worried for the poor parts of england like wolverhampton. I wonder how they would get help during this period?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"How do we all think it went? They were worried for the poor parts of england like wolverhampton. I wonder how they would get help during this period?"

The budget very clearly stated how the most vulnerable and poorest were going to be helped. On the bc website there's a really good breakdown of I've the budget that makes it quite easy to understand. Often with things like the budget it takes me a while to figure out exactly how I'm affected but the article on the BBC website was really helpful.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

12 years of the tories and 12 weeks of liz have led to this, interesting how all is 12 isnt it?

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

"12 years of the tories and 12 weeks of liz have led to this, interesting how all is 12 isnt it?"

Anyone who thinks '12 years of the tories and 12 weeks of liz have led to this' is forgetting or overlooking exogenous global events like covid and Ukraine. Or that note left by Liam Byrne at the end of the last Labour Government "sorry, there is no money left"

To anyone who thinks Labour will ordinarily be competent with the economy, I'd say imagine a hippo at the top of a tree. You have no idea how it got there, but you know it won't end well....

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"12 years of the tories and 12 weeks of liz have led to this, interesting how all is 12 isnt it?

Anyone who thinks '12 years of the tories and 12 weeks of liz have led to this' is forgetting or overlooking exogenous global events like covid and Ukraine. Or that note left by Liam Byrne at the end of the last Labour Government "sorry, there is no money left"

To anyone who thinks Labour will ordinarily be competent with the economy, I'd say imagine a hippo at the top of a tree. You have no idea how it got there, but you know it won't end well....

"

So what you are saying is " it's not the Tories fault" ?

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"12 years of the tories and 12 weeks of liz have led to this, interesting how all is 12 isnt it?

"

So the Tories get an out of jail card for “exogenous global events“ but Labour don’t. Seems fair!

Post new Message to Thread