Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Will you still vote Tory?

Jump to newest

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Will any Fab Tory supporters that voted for them at the last GE vote for them again at the next GE?

Lets see who owns up and why.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Will any Fab Tory supporters that voted for them at the last GE vote for them again at the next GE?

"

Yes.

over a year ago

"Will any Fab Tory supporters that voted for them at the last GE vote for them again at the next GE?

Yes."

Without mentioning Labour, explain why you will be voting for the Tories

By *ave05Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford Essex

I will vote Labour

I have voted for all the main parties in my time given what feels appropriate and beneficial for the country’s needs and potential.

I think there is too much fear over Labour in power and a government that is tired of commitment and ideas after what will be 14 years is just ready for a period in opposition this can really recharge a party who had been in power for so long.

Having said that I do not predict a landslide for Labour now ( as would have been under Lizz Truss staying PM ) but a majority of seats 35 to 40 and enough to pass most motions through the chamber and with LD votes and SNP voting in support too so we will see change and reforms and something geared to compassion policies.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Yes.

Without mentioning Labour, explain why you will be voting for the Tories "

Oh hang on, Fabricate has hijacked this post and added his own criteria.

over a year ago

Yes.

Without mentioning Labour, explain why you will be voting for the Tories "

That's a bit like saying that my choice for dinner is between mouldy cheese and a dog turd, but I can't mention the dog turd when explaining why I am eating mouldy cheese.

over a year ago

Yes.

That's a bit like saying that my choice for dinner is between mouldy cheese and a dog turd, but I can't mention the dog turd when explaining why I am eating mouldy cheese."

I see, so the Tories are shit but not as shit as labour? Your voting Tory by default and not because you believe in their policies?

over a year ago

Yes.

That's a bit like saying that my choice for dinner is between mouldy cheese and a dog turd, but I can't mention the dog turd when explaining why I am eating mouldy cheese.

I see, so the Tories are shit but not as shit as labour? Your voting Tory by default and not because you believe in their policies? "

I am not sure what "by default" means in this context. But otherwise, welcome to the real world.

over a year ago

Yes.

I see, so the Tories are shit but not as shit as labour? Your voting Tory by default and not because you believe in their policies?

I am not sure what "by default" means in this context. But otherwise, welcome to the real world. "

By default

because of a lack of opposition.

through lack of positive action rather than conscious choice.

I am not criticising your decision but applaud your honesty ,

over a year ago

Yes.

I am not sure what "by default" means in this context. But otherwise, welcome to the real world.

By default

I am not criticising your decision but applaud your honesty , "

I'm not sure my honesty is heroic, it's how everyone votes.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Yes.

That's a bit like saying that my choice for dinner is between mouldy cheese and a dog turd, but I can't mention the dog turd when explaining why I am eating mouldy cheese."

There are other options to vote for.

over a year ago

Yes.

By default

I am not criticising your decision but applaud your honesty ,

I'm not sure my honesty is heroic, it's how everyone votes."

I don’t, I would never vote for a party that I didn’t agree with ‘just because they are better than labour ‘, tbh though , Rishi Sunak had gone up in my estimations since he has decided to go to COP 27

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"

I won't be voting Tory at the election. Made my mind up during the Boris days. Liz certainly did not win me back. I see Rishi as a caretaker until the election, maybe a bit unfair but so be it. Still no idea who I will vote for as Labour have improved under SKS but not clear on their policies. Hoping a decent independent runs in my area I can lend my vote to

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

"

Yes

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Yes"

The "and why" bit is what the OP was hoping for.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Politically homeless ten more years and I am retiring and fucking off home. The political situation is all a bit shit and I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Can’t even swing my vote for the Greens round here as they are invisible.

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

Yes

The "and why" bit is what the OP was hoping for."

Seems you are the one asking that with your post.

By *appy2100Couple
over a year ago

kensington

I won't be voting Tory at the election. Made my mind up during the Boris days. Liz certainly did not win me back. I see Rishi as a caretaker until the election, maybe a bit unfair but so be it. Still no idea who I will vote for as Labour have improved under SKS but not clear on their policies. Hoping a decent independent runs in my area I can lend my vote to"

Labour improved not near enough they will fk us over again.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

We're taking an approach of disengagement. It won't make a blind bit of difference who gets in.

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

I won't be voting Tory at the election. Made my mind up during the Boris days. Liz certainly did not win me back. I see Rishi as a caretaker until the election, maybe a bit unfair but so be it. Still no idea who I will vote for as Labour have improved under SKS but not clear on their policies. Hoping a decent independent runs in my area I can lend my vote to

Labour improved not near enough they will fk us over again. "

They have not won my vote yet but there is still time. I hope your wrong as regardless of my vote I think it's highly likely that they will be next in government

over a year ago

Labour improved not near enough they will fk us over again. "

Unfortunately, the tories have fucked us over as well

By *ishaw cucksCouple
over a year ago

wishaw

And this post is another reason Scotland needs away from people who can't think for them self's no matter what they say or do you you will except it. Good god open your eyes up to what's happening to you. Mind the day you stood at your doors clapping for nurses now you shafting them mind the day we couldn't Bury our loved ones while they partied mind the 350 million we'd get or should I say the nsh would get from brexit or so it said on a bus. Gas petrol electricity I could go on cmon to fuck open your eyes and instead off hate think who's fucking you over

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Yes

The "and why" bit is what the OP was hoping for.

Seems you are the one asking that with your post."

No, the OP definitely posted the OP.

over a year ago

I will be voting tory,as I have done since I was 18,I believe bo jo shouldn't have walked as he did nothing wrong. He delivered brexit after the country voted for it,with covid he did as his MEDICAL ADVISORS told him to do

over a year ago

"I will be voting tory,as I have done since I was 18,I believe bo jo shouldn't have walked as he did nothing wrong. He delivered brexit after the country voted for it,with covid he did as his MEDICAL ADVISORS told him to do"

Comedy gold

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Sorry, but when you run a country you don't only take advice from medical professionals. You have to be prepared to allow deaths so the majority of folk, and the country, is in the best situation at the end. That clearly didnt happen under the current system.

over a year ago

"Sorry, but when you run a country you don't only take advice from medical professionals. You have to be prepared to allow deaths so the majority of folk, and the country, is in the best situation at the end. That clearly didnt happen under the current system."

How many should they have allowed to die?

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

"Sorry, but when you run a country you don't only take advice from medical professionals. You have to be prepared to allow deaths so the majority of folk, and the country, is in the best situation at the end. That clearly didnt happen under the current system.

How many should they have allowed to die? "

I suspect that if we didn't lock down the death toll would have been 1.5 to 2x what it was as the most vulnerable died anyway.

That would have been a more cost beneficial solution so would have been acceptable.

Acknowledging that, although the risk was very low, one of those deaths could have been any one of us or someone we know.

over a year ago

"Sorry, but when you run a country you don't only take advice from medical professionals. You have to be prepared to allow deaths so the majority of folk, and the country, is in the best situation at the end. That clearly didnt happen under the current system.

I suspect that if we didn't lock down the death toll would have been 1.5 to 2x what it was as the most vulnerable died anyway.

That would have been a more cost beneficial solution so would have been acceptable.

Acknowledging that, although the risk was very low, one of those deaths could have been any one of us or someone we know."

You suspect? Do you have any expect knowledge to back up that claim

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

Acknowledging that, although the risk was very low, one of those deaths could have been any one of us or someone we know.

You suspect? Do you have any expect knowledge to back up that claim "

Nobody will ever know will they? No country of similar size, demographics and population density didn't lock down.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Acknowledging that, although the risk was very low, one of those deaths could have been any one of us or someone we know."

If cost benefit is more important than human life. Shouldn't all elderly and disabled people be executed to save money?

over a year ago

If cost benefit is more important than human life. Shouldn't all elderly and disabled people be executed to save money?"

Just allow them to die

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

If cost benefit is more important than human life. Shouldn't all elderly and disabled people be executed to save money?

Just allow them to die "

Which is cheaper?

over a year ago

Just allow them to die

Which is cheaper?"

Firing squad? Who decides who gets killed? Boris ?

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Yes. Despite the odd blip and occasional minor scandal that gets blown out of all proportion by the miserable leftie sandalistas, still the only show in town to form a government

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

Just allow them to die

Which is cheaper?"

It is not the case that all risks to life should be eliminated at any cost. Every day all of us take risks, so an acceptable balance is needed.

The only way to eliminate all risk is not to do anything at all.

The way covid was handled with lockdown reduced some risk but at a huge financial cost.

There was also huge non-financial cost in terms of other illnesses and diseases not being treated, mental health, education etc.

So, on balance, not worth it in hindsight.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Yes. Despite the odd blip and occasional minor scandal that gets blown out of all proportion by the miserable leftie sandalistas, still the only show in town to form a government "

Yes that's right. Only "leftie sanalistas" are against corruption and self serving politics.

over a year ago

Just allow them to die

Which is cheaper?

It is not the case that all risks to life should be eliminated at any cost. Every day all of us take risks, so an acceptable balance is needed.

The way covid was handled with lockdown reduced some risk but at a huge financial cost.

There was also huge non-financial cost in terms of other illnesses and diseases not being treated, mental health, education etc.

So, on balance, not worth it in hindsight."

So, on balance, how many should have been allowed to die, roughly speaking

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Yes. Despite the odd blip and occasional minor scandal that gets blown out of all proportion by the miserable leftie sandalistas, still the only show in town to form a government

Yes that's right. Only "leftie sanalistas" are against corruption and self serving politics. "

Except when the expenses scandal broke about a decade back? Showed they have their snouts in the trough also.

over a year ago

"Yes. Despite the odd blip and occasional minor scandal that gets blown out of all proportion by the miserable leftie sandalistas, still the only show in town to form a government

Yes that's right. Only "leftie sanalistas" are against corruption and self serving politics. "

I hope he hasn’t been radicalised to think that is true

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

Just allow them to die

Which is cheaper?

So, on balance, how many should have been allowed to die, roughly speaking "

However many were going to die. As above, I suspect that it would have been up to twice the number of covid deaths so far.

If covid was a really deadly disease and was likely to have a significant impact on population then lockdown starts to become more beneficial than letting the disease run its course. Significant may be more than 10% of the population.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Just allow them to die

Which is cheaper?

So, on balance, how many should have been allowed to die, roughly speaking "

So someone that twists a thread to show indignation at hypothetical child abuse is in favour of neglect leading to death of the elderly. Shocking behaviour

over a year ago

Just allow them to die

Which is cheaper?

So, on balance, how many should have been allowed to die, roughly speaking

However many were going to die. As above, I suspect that it would have been up to twice the number of covid deaths so far.

If covid was a really deadly disease and was likely to have a significant impact on population then lockdown starts to become more beneficial than letting the disease run its course. Significant may be more than 10% of the population."

6.6 million?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Yes that's right. Only "leftie sanalistas" are against corruption and self serving politics.

Except when the expenses scandal broke about a decade back? Showed they have their snouts in the trough also."

So not only "leftie sanalistas" are against corruption? Make up your mind.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Except when the expenses scandal broke about a decade back? Showed they have their snouts in the trough also.

So not only "leftie sanalistas" are against corruption? Make up your mind."

Ay?

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I would continue to vote Tory, how else are we going to get the future all those mad max films promised?

It would be nice to see starmer and Sunak battling it out in thunderdome, or as we call it the front lawn of parliament square.

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

"

Nope, I voted for BJ because who doesn't love giving a good BJ. I don't particularly like anyone else in the party ... well maybe Reese-Mogg he looks kinky.

X Katie X

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

[Removed by poster at 04/11/22 02:54:16]

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

don't apologise for voting Tory on 12 December 2019 or in the 4 General Elections prior to that one. If I were to go back to any of those 5, I would again. Like 14 million others in 2019, I had two main reasons for doing so. First, Brexit. And, the Conservatives delivered. It was the most significant political votes of my lifetime and je ne regrette rien.

Second, the dreadful state of the Labour Party, riddled with, and led by, appalling anti-Semitism and personal vindictiveness, with folk cancelled for the slightest ideological slip, with its dislike of the very idea that one might love one’s country and its slipshod defence proposals.

I have previously voted New Labour in 1997 and 2001. I stopped voting Labour when Blair invaded Iraq and Brown invaded the Treasury - both actions crippled us.

I think the next General Election will be held at the latest possible point - so in the month of January 2025. So we have a maximum of about 26 months to go. A lot can happen. I will see what's on offer as 2024 draws to an end and what has happened in the meantime. The turbulent Truss tenure has thankfully ended and the damage will repair.

Labour are generally hopeless unless they adopt Tory policies and Tories are generally competent unless they adopt Labour policies. That's the truth of it.

By *illi3736Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

What complete and utter drivel. The Tory Party are scandal ridden and completely incompetent. Almost bankrupted the country ,split us from our biggest trading partner and change one buffoon for another every 18months or so. Yet present themselves as stable and prudent. They ran out of ideas a decade ago yet have retained their lack of any moral compass throughout

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"What complete and utter drivel. The Tory Party are scandal ridden and completely incompetent. Almost bankrupted the country ,split us from our biggest trading partner and change one buffoon for another every 18months or so. Yet present themselves as stable and prudent. They ran out of ideas a decade ago yet have retained their lack of any moral compass throughout "

This is true.

What this, and other threads highlight is that the general voting public will still largely vote Conservative because either.

A. They're not paying attention.

B. Have been conditioned to think that this is as good as it gets.

C. Buy into the media and Tory PR machine blaming everything on Labour, immigrants, the EU, Corbyn, Ramainers etc etc.

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

We should have the option of "None of the above".

That would have been likely to be used next time if available.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"We should have the option of "None of the above".

That would have been likely to be used next time if available."

You can submit a spoiled vote, which gets read out at the count.

If there are enough, it sends a message that people are deliberately not participating in the system designed to serve itself.

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

"We should have the option of "None of the above".

That would have been likely to be used next time if available.

You can submit a spoiled vote, which gets read out at the count.

If there are enough, it sends a message that people are deliberately not participating in the system designed to serve itself. "

That is probably what I will do. Write "None of the above" across the paper.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I won't be voting Tory. They never gave Liz a chance having ousted Boris who received the same cake Rishi did.

I won't be voting Labour because of a multitude of reasons. E.g dianne abbot blaming the uk for a kid being ra*ped by an asylum seeker. I dont know their policy on e.u or future trade deals.

Rachel reeves has get every single numerical discussion horribly wrong as shadow chancellor.

I will probably either spoil my ballot or vote for a reform candidate.

I imagine many tories will likely go for reform.

Quite frankly I'm sick to death of the sex woth minors scandals, acid attacks etc in this cohort. We still dpnt know why the whip was removed fro. 1 labour mp.

Ideally both major parties should have a head to toe clear out and decide what they stand for both labour and Conservatives have half their politicians standing on manifestos they don't believe in

over a year ago

"I won't be voting Tory. They never gave Liz a chance having ousted Boris who received the same cake Rishi did.

I won't be voting Labour because of a multitude of reasons. E.g dianne abbot blaming the uk for a kid being ra*ped by an asylum seeker. I dont know their policy on e.u or future trade deals.

Rachel reeves has get every single numerical discussion horribly wrong as shadow chancellor.

Quite frankly I'm sick to death of the sex woth minors scandals, acid attacks etc in this cohort. We still dpnt know why the whip was removed fro. 1 labour mp.

Ideally both major parties should have a head to toe clear out and decide what they stand for both labour and Conservatives have half their politicians standing on manifestos they don't believe in

"

Never gave Liz a chance??

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"I won't be voting Tory. They never gave Liz a chance having ousted Boris who received the same cake Rishi did.

"

Sadly I agree. Lots of people don't think the Tories are hateful enough and are moving to parties like BNP or reform for some good old fashioned anti-science and bigotry.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Sadly I agree. Lots of people don't think the Tories are hateful enough and are moving to parties like BNP or reform for some good old fashioned anti-science and bigotry."

Which of tbe policies in the current manifesto are bigoted and anti science?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Sadly I agree. Lots of people don't think the Tories are hateful enough and are moving to parties like BNP or reform for some good old fashioned anti-science and bigotry.

Which of tbe policies in the current manifesto are bigoted and anti science? "

For which party are you implying isn't bigoted and anti-science?

I don't think any of them have manifestos out when there's no election anyway.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I don't think any of them have manifestos out when there's no election anyway. "

You indicated reform was.

The current manifesto is available.

Intrigued as to your thoughts on tbe bigotry involved.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Intrigued as to your thoughts on tbe bigotry involved."

I'm going to assume their manifesto is thinly veiled bigotry, such as Daily Mail, Express do.

Are they much different to UKIP? I'm assuming they're the same beast.

Plus we can judge them on the things they say and what they stand for.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I'm going to assume their manifesto is thinly veiled bigotry, such as Daily Mail, Express do.

"

So you can't name it then.

Cheers

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Cheers"

I can't answer that specific and off-base question no. But it doesn't have any bearing on them being a party focused on anti-science and bigotry. Assuming they're the same beast as ukip, which in fairness, I did ask you.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Cheers

I can't answer that specific and off-base question no. But it doesn't have any bearing on them being a party focused on anti-science and bigotry. Assuming they're the same beast as ukip, which in fairness, I did ask you. "

" they're anti science and bigoted"

"Name 1 example"

" I can't answer that. But they are"

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Cheers

I can't answer that specific and off-base question no. But it doesn't have any bearing on them being a party focused on anti-science and bigotry. Assuming they're the same beast as ukip, which in fairness, I did ask you.

"Name 1 example"

" I can't answer that. But they are" "

I can see why you're attracted to such far right populist parties.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I don't know who I will vote for at the next election, as another person said, see where we are and what state the country is etc

I've never voted Labour and I can't see that changing. I did once vote for the Lib Dems but that let Tony Blair in

Desions, decisions??

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Infosys - which pays £11.5m in annual dividends to Rishi Sunak’s wife - is *still* operating from Moscow eight months after it said it was pulling out. That is after Sunak, as Chancellor had instructed British companies to stop trading with Russia. And yes Infosys us an Indian company, but it is another example of the hypocrisy that is Rishi Sunak.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Cheers

"Name 1 example"

I can see why you're attracted to such far right populist parties. "

Asked for 1 simple example and all you can scream is bigot and far right , and admit you have never investigated the policies. Sadly for many on the left of centre of the political spectrum peoplenlike you are why they struggle to gain votes. Instead of discussion, investigation and convincing. You'd rather remake grandiose unsubstantiared claims and name call.

It's a shame for left of centre parties they're backed by many like yourself

over a year ago

Which of tbe policies in the current manifesto are bigoted and anti science? "

It isn’t in their manifesto but the Rwanda scheme is bigoted and was introduced despite expert advice stating it was illegal , very expensive and wouldn’t work (which has proven to be the case )

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Cheers

"Name 1 example"

I can see why you're attracted to such far right populist parties.

Asked for 1 simple example and all you can scream is bigot and far right , and admit you have never investigated the policies. Sadly for many on the left of centre of the political spectrum peoplenlike you are why they struggle to gain votes. Instead of discussion, investigation and convincing. You'd rather remake grandiose unsubstantiared claims and name call.

It's a shame for left of centre parties they're backed by many like yourself

"

Hold on one sec. Are you suggesting that Reform aren't focused on anti-science, bigotry and aren't a far right party?

Let's be honest, if you're considering voting reform, you're unlikely to be persuaded by some random fella that it's worth considering switching to the Greens. So not sure why you're turning this into a personal attack about my inability to get you to change your vote. But here we are.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

It isn’t in their manifesto but the Rwanda scheme is bigoted and was introduced despite expert advice stating it was illegal , very expensive and wouldn’t work (which has proven to be the case ) "

Just look at who they have.

Ann Widdecombe. Homophobe and climate science denier

Claire Fox. Openly bigoted, climate science denier

George Farmer. Thinks Trump is great, climate science denier

Nathan Gill. Absolutely bonkers climate science denier.

Etc etc etc. Pick pretty much any of them and you'll find the same.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

It isn’t in their manifesto but the Rwanda scheme is bigoted and was introduced despite expert advice stating it was illegal , very expensive and wouldn’t work (which has proven to be the case )

"

So when you say science denier...you mean that they don't conform to the climate crisis narrative?

When you say the Rwanda plan is bigoted.. then you just want any 1 to be given citizenship who arrives I t he uk illegally and no deportation?

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

And applying tbe same criteria then.

No 1 should vote for labour because.

They have a shadow chancellor who when calculating energy support forgot to take into account for winter.

They have a Dianne Abbot who can't put on a paid of shoes and blames the use of the term invasion for a child being ra ped

You have mps who have been found to have encouraged anti jew rhetoric.

Is that how you play the game?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

So when you say science denier...you mean that they don't conform to the climate crisis narrative?

When you say the Rwanda plan is bigoted.. then you just want any 1 to be given citizenship who arrives I t he uk illegally and no deportation?"

Yep. Exactly the kind of thing someone who votes Reform would say.

Climate science is extremely well understood and is pretty easy for anyone to understand. So they're either denying it to perpetuate the billions in profit the fossil fuels industry make (and receive on global subsidiaries each year), or they're willfully ignorant. Neither of which are positive.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"And applying tbe same criteria then.

They have a shadow chancellor who when calculating energy support forgot to take into account for winter.

They have a Dianne Abbot who can't put on a paid of shoes and blames the use of the term invasion for a child being ra ped

Is that how you play the game?"

If you like.

"You have"... I am not labour, am not a member of Labour. Not everyone who understands climate change and doesn't blame immigrants for everything is a member of Labour. Good to remember that if you're trying to defend these far right nut jobs with "what about Labour".

over a year ago

When you say the Rwanda plan is bigoted.. then you just want any 1 to be given citizenship who arrives I t he uk illegally and no deportation?"

No, I want anyone arriving here to be treated fairly and within the law ,

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

If you like.

"You have"... I am not labour, am not a member of Labour. Not everyone who understands climate change and doesn't blame immigrants for everything is a member of Labour. Good to remember that if you're trying to defend these far right nut jobs with "what about Labour"."

Nope I was simply highlighting the ineffective argument you made.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

When you say the Rwanda plan is bigoted.. then you just want any 1 to be given citizenship who arrives I t he uk illegally and no deportation?

No, I want anyone arriving here to be treated fairly and within the law , "

And they are.

over a year ago

No, I want anyone arriving here to be treated fairly and within the law ,

And they are. "

Yep, that is why they haven’t been sent to Rwanda, it is illegal

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

If you like.

"You have"... I am not labour, am not a member of Labour. Not everyone who understands climate change and doesn't blame immigrants for everything is a member of Labour. Good to remember that if you're trying to defend these far right nut jobs with "what about Labour".

Nope I was simply highlighting the ineffective argument you made."

I didn't make any arguments.

You started talking about Labour instead of trying to defend those far right nut jobs over at former UKIP HQ.

over a year ago

If you like.

You started talking about Labour instead of trying to defend those far right nut jobs over at former UKIP HQ."

He is voting Tory because Diane Abbot wears her shoes on the wrong feet, apparently

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

If you like.

You started talking about Labour instead of trying to defend those far right nut jobs over at former UKIP HQ."

Your idea was that a part was anti science and bigoted because pf people who support it

I am merely using tbe same logic as your argument.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

If you like.

You started talking about Labour instead of trying to defend those far right nut jobs over at former UKIP HQ.

Your idea was that a part was anti science and bigoted because pf people who support it

I am merely using tbe same logic as your argument."

So you agree. A party filled with anti-science bigots, is likely to be anti-science and bigoted?

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

If you like.

So you agree. A party filled with anti-science bigots, is likely to be anti-science and bigoted?"

Nope. I still am unaware of what was said that was anti science and bigoted.

No examples given. Just claims.

I am merely using the same argument.vif that's your bleif if people of certain beliefs follow your party or represent it.cypu must accept that labour using the same logic is anti semitic and encourages grooming gangs etc etc.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

If you like.

So you agree. A party filled with anti-science bigots, is likely to be anti-science and bigoted?

Nope. I still am unaware of what was said that was anti science and bigoted.

No examples given. Just claims.

I am merely using the same argument.vif that's your bleif if people of certain beliefs follow your party or represent it.cypu must accept that labour using the same logic is anti semitic and encourages grooming gangs etc etc."

I'm comfortable with you having any opinion of Labour you want. Based in reality or not.

Reform are packed to the rafters with bigots and anti-science types. They're unlikely to be progressive and caring!

over a year ago

"

In a general election how does it work? Am I voting for Boris/ Jeremy/ Piers as top man or will it be the names of the local councillors?

over a year ago

Yes.

I see, so the Tories are shit but not as shit as labour? Your voting Tory by default and not because you believe in their policies? "

Pretty sure it’s called tactical voting..

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

In a general election how does it work? Am I voting for Boris/ Jeremy/ Piers as top man or will it be the names of the local councillors?"

At local council election level it can be a tricky decision sometimes, as it is perfectly possible to get a local person who has acted brilliantly for the local area regardless of their political party.

At a general election though, my vote would tend to consider the performance and actions of the party as a whole, as represented by the leader of that party, due to the whipping system used in the House of Commons. Except in a few limited situations, the MPs are forced to vote in the direction dictated by their party leader and not allowed to act upon their own conscience or for the good of their own constituency. Hence regardless of the names of the candidates on the voting slip, what you are actually voting for is the political programmes of the party leaders.

over a year ago

In a general election how does it work? Am I voting for Boris/ Jeremy/ Piers as top man or will it be the names of the local councillors?

At local council election level it can be a tricky decision sometimes, as it is perfectly possible to get a local person who has acted brilliantly for the local area regardless of their political party.

At a general election though, my vote would tend to consider the performance and actions of the party as a whole, as represented by the leader of that party, due to the whipping system used in the House of Commons. Except in a few limited situations, the MPs are forced to vote in the direction dictated by their party leader and not allowed to act upon their own conscience or for the good of their own constituency. Hence regardless of the names of the candidates on the voting slip, what you are actually voting for is the political programmes of the party leaders. "

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne

I would rather vote for the monster raving looney party, at least you know what type of party you voted for.

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

The temporary turbulent Truss tenure has thankfully ended and the damage has nearly repaired.

Labour are still hopeless with robotic Reeves still bizarrely arguing today that tax rises announced earlier are down to the temporary turbulent Truss tenure and nothing to do with the monumental amount of covid money borrowed!

A monster raving looney lie

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

[Removed by poster at 17/11/22 22:24:03]

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"The temporary turbulent Truss tenure has thankfully ended and the damage has nearly repaired.

Labour are still hopeless with robotic Reeves still bizarrely arguing today that tax rises announced earlier are down to the temporary turbulent Truss tenure and nothing to do with the monumental amount of covid money borrowed!

A monster raving looney lie "

Yes all eyes should be on Labour. Don't worry about what the government are doing. Look at Starmer/childish name/Reeves etc.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

I did but I will not be.

But then I won't vote Labber so that leaves me with lib and is it worth the vote.

Said it before and I'll say it again time for proportional representation.

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

"I did but I will not be.

But then I won't vote Labber so that leaves me with lib and is it worth the vote.

Said it before and I'll say it again time for proportional representation."

We had a referendum on an alternative voting system in 2011 and it was overwhelmingly rejected by the electorate.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

We had a referendum on an alternative voting system in 2011 and it was overwhelmingly rejected by the electorate."

Very few people understood AV. PR is far more straightforward.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"The temporary turbulent Truss tenure has thankfully ended and the damage has nearly repaired.

She uses to work for the bofe too which is quite frankly amazing

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Said it before and I'll say it again time for proportional representation."

Is there a specific issue that has made you change from the last time you voted Conservative? Or is it more general.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

We had a referendum on an alternative voting system in 2011 and it was overwhelmingly rejected by the electorate.

Very few people understood AV. PR is far more straightforward."

Be careful what you wish for.

If prnexisted in 2015.

Ukip would have got 80 seats or more. With tories at 240.

Infsct I'd say fptp hindered ukip significantly in that aspect

over a year ago

In 2019 the Tories had it all, 80 seat majority, Brexit Bojo at the helm, labour finished, whatever happened

By *teveuk77Man
over a year ago

uk

If prnexisted in 2015.

Infsct I'd say fptp hindered ukip significantly in that aspect"

according to FullFact:

"80 seats is plausible, based on UKIP’s vote in 2015, although it depends on the voting system"

Which is completely different to your claim that they WOULD have had 80 seats or more....

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

A monster raving looney lie

In 2019 the Tories had it all, 80 seat majority, Brexit Bojo at the helm, labour finished, whatever happened "

They (he) lied?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Is there a specific issue that has made you change from the last time you voted Conservative? Or is it more general."

To meany mistakes not just by the PM but buy the party. Also in the system we have the swing back and forth red blue red blue gives a middle balance.

I'd have liked to see councils be able to put council tax up by the rate of inflation. Council have just been given a budget cut in real money. Not good for service.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

If prnexisted in 2015.

Infsct I'd say fptp hindered ukip significantly in that aspect"

But UKIP still got what they wanted Brexit or did I get that wrong.

So even if UKIP had more say it would have been the same outcome.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Is there a specific issue that has made you change from the last time you voted Conservative? Or is it more general.

To meany mistakes not just by the PM but buy the party. Also in the system we have the swing back and forth red blue red blue gives a middle balance.

I'd have liked to see councils be able to put council tax up by the rate of inflation. Council have just been given a budget cut in real money. Not good for service."

Interesting. Thank you for explaining.

By *orleymanMan
over a year ago

Leeds

If prnexisted in 2015.

according to FullFact:

"80 seats is plausible, based on UKIP’s vote in 2015, although it depends on the voting system"

Which is completely different to your claim that they WOULD have had 80 seats or more....

"

Proportional representation( particularly the one flouted for uk) is usually done by splitting the anount of MPs by the ratio of votes received by votes cast

650 mps

Ukip received 12.6% of the vote.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

If prnexisted in 2015.

according to FullFact:

Proportional representation( particularly the one flouted for uk) is usually done by splitting the anount of MPs by the ratio of votes received by votes cast

650 mps

Ukip received 12.6% of the vote."

But that is democracy at work. If 12.6% of the people who bothered voting wanted UKIP then they should have got UKIP.

I might not like what UKIP stood for but 12.6% of voters did.

over a year ago

If prnexisted in 2015.

according to FullFact:

650 mps

Ukip received 12.6% of the vote.

But that is democracy at work. If 12.6% of the people who bothered voting wanted UKIP then they should have got UKIP.

I might not like what UKIP stood for but 12.6% of voters did."

I agree, it would also mean that this current Tory government wouldn’t have a majority in Parliament

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

If prnexisted in 2015.

But UKIP still got what they wanted Brexit or did I get that wrong.

So even if UKIP had more say it would have been the same outcome."

They did in the end by basically spooking Cameron into the referendum promise. If we had PR it would likely have happened sooner and with 80 seats ukip would possibly had more influence on the leaving process. I personally like PR but as its a truer reflection it does give results that can be less palatable sometimes

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

But would it not make a difference to how we vote at the moment if you are thinking of voting Green would you even bother in a strong labber or Conservative area or see it as a wasted vote?

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"But would it not make a difference to how we vote at the moment if you are thinking of voting Green would you even bother in a strong labber or Conservative area or see it as a wasted vote?"

Not how the current system works no. But I was addressing the PR issue mentioned

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"But would it not make a difference to how we vote at the moment if you are thinking of voting Green would you even bother in a strong labber or Conservative area or see it as a wasted vote?

Not how the current system works no. But I was addressing the PR issue mentioned"

Wass agreeing with you

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"But would it not make a difference to how we vote at the moment if you are thinking of voting Green would you even bother in a strong labber or Conservative area or see it as a wasted vote?"

The reason people vote for the small parties is for the effect they have on Labour and Conservatives.

Labour produce more green polices to try to win back green voters, and the Tories promised the brexit referendum to win back Ukip voters. Thus small parties try to achieve some of their aims that way.

By *heshbifellaMan
over a year ago

Nantwich

"But would it not make a difference to how we vote at the moment if you are thinking of voting Green would you even bother in a strong labber or Conservative area or see it as a wasted vote?

The reason people vote for the small parties is for the effect they have on Labour and Conservatives.

Labour produce more green polices to try to win back green voters, and the Tories promised the brexit referendum to win back Ukip voters. Thus small parties try to achieve some of their aims that way.

"

I agree to a large extent

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Not how the current system works no. But I was addressing the PR issue mentioned

Wass agreeing with you"

By *rench letterCouple
over a year ago

Chorley,

Voted Tory in the past but never again, Brexit and a party not for the people.

over a year ago

There are two kinds of Tory voters millionaires, and fucking idiots..

Check your bank balance to see which one you are..

over a year ago

"There are two kinds of Tory voters millionaires, and fucking idiots..

Check your bank balance to see which one you are.."

Cant you be both

over a year ago

Must be being sarcasic

Post new Message to Thread