Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Spots

Jump to newest

By *rFunBoy OP   Man
over a year ago

Longridge

Is it that a Leopard can't or won't change its spots?

Boris Johnson has said a "psychological transformation" in his character is "not going to happen" after Tory by-election defeats led to calls for change.

2 more years of bullshit, lies, corruption and rule changing to suit the offender and on the Eve of WW3

Lord help us!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

At least he's honest about that.

In fairness to Boris, he's very open with his distain for Britain and British people (poor people especially).

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Is it that a Leopard can't or won't change its spots?

Boris Johnson has said a "psychological transformation" in his character is "not going to happen" after Tory by-election defeats led to calls for change.

2 more years of bullshit, lies, corruption and rule changing to suit the offender and on the Eve of WW3

Lord help us!!"

we knew what we were voting for.

I dislike Boris. I don't like a lot of the Tory manifesto and policies.

However nothing they are doing is surprising. Why should Boris change his spots people voted for his spots.... Isn't that undemocratic?

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

If you support Boris Johnson and still think he is fit to be PM, then you have no integrity, no credibility, nor any self respect. You are content to be governed by a lawbreaker with no regard for anyone's needs but his own.

No doubt, if you support him, you will disagree with my assessment of you. That doesn't mean I am wrong and have misjudged you.

It means that you are just as capable of the massive kind of denial and self-delusion that Boris is.

He is worthy of nothing but contempt - especially given that contempt is what he feels for the majority of UK voters; who have, repeatedly, made it clear they do not consent to his rule.

If people feel the same contempt for you because you support him, you should not be surprised.

Every time anyone opens their mouth in support of him, they earn the well deserved scorn and ridicule of those who believe that our politicians should - at a bare minimum - care about the difference between right and wrong.

He doesn't. Nor do you if you enable him with your support.

over a year ago

Lord help us!!we knew what we were voting for.

However nothing they are doing is surprising. Why should Boris change his spots people voted for his spots.... Isn't that undemocratic?

"

Sadly, IMHO, he won the election on one issue only, to get Brexit done. The other parties would have had a greater chance if they, too, had agreed to abide by the referendum.

over a year ago

Sadly, IMHO, he won the election on one issue only, to get Brexit done. The other parties would have had a greater chance if they, too, had agreed to abide by the referendum."

. Article 50 was signed in March 2017. Irrc labour weren't going to seek to reverse this.

He won by making this about "how" we left and convincing the public that his way was the only way that respected voters wishes... Despite noone actually voting on this.

Ironically, by winning, he then got the mandate to take his approach.

Which he now wants to u turn on.

And that is probably the bug thing he should be held accountable for. Yet it's probably the one thing the Tory voters would agree with him on !

But even so, if ppl held their nose to "get brefit done" then they have to be okay with the shitshow they are now smelling. That's the deal they made. Brexit apparent was that important.

Again, I think Boris is untrustworthy and a poor choice for PM. But that's not his fault. And not something he hid from us. We knew this. We voted him in. Anyone who voted for him needs to own it.

over a year ago

Sadly, IMHO, he won the election on one issue only, to get Brexit done. The other parties would have had a greater chance if they, too, had agreed to abide by the referendum.. Article 50 was signed in March 2017. Irrc labour weren't going to seek to reverse this.

He won by making this about "how" we left and convincing the public that his way was the only way that respected voters wishes... Despite noone actually voting on this.

And that is probably the bug thing he should be held accountable for. Yet it's probably the one thing the Tory voters would agree with him on !

But even so, if ppl held their nose to "get brefit done" then they have to be okay with the shitshow they are now smelling. That's the deal they made. Brexit apparent was that important.

Again, I think Boris is untrustworthy and a poor choice for PM. But that's not his fault. And not something he hid from us. We knew this. We voted him in. Anyone who voted for him needs to own it. "

I have a poor memory and do not recall labour agreeing to abide by the referendum, rightly or wrongly. Maybe the Tories did the loudest shouting.

My vote did NOT go to the Tories even though I voted for Brexit.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Sadly, IMHO, he won the election on one issue only, to get Brexit done. The other parties would have had a greater chance if they, too, had agreed to abide by the referendum.. Article 50 was signed in March 2017. Irrc labour weren't going to seek to reverse this.

Again, I think Boris is untrustworthy and a poor choice for PM. But that's not his fault. And not something he hid from us. We knew this. We voted him in. Anyone who voted for him needs to own it.

I have a poor memory and do not recall labour agreeing to abide by the referendum, rightly or wrongly. Maybe the Tories did the loudest shouting.

My vote did NOT go to the Tories even though I voted for Brexit."

This is it exactly. The Tories have the support of the majority of the press, they're much better funded and have much slicker campaigns/propaganda.

over a year ago

My vote did NOT go to the Tories even though I voted for Brexit."

just looked... Labour said they'd get a deal and allow the public to vote on it.

Which I suspect meant this was spin as they will get a poor deal and force ppls hands.

(I wasn't in the country in 2019 so wasn't close to that GE)

(Also, I'm shooting at the clouds, not at you, or anyone in particular)

By *coptoCouple
over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

"... he won the election on one issue only, to get Brexit done"

It’s as simple as that… when he ran out of the Brussels meeting room in January 2020 waving a blank piece of paper (the actual document was signed by him the following week and got Royal Assent a day or so after) I was reminded of Neville Chamberlain stepping off the ‘plane from Berlin waving an equally worthless “Peace In Our Time” nonsense.

The European joke at the time was that after months and months of Theresa May’s attempts at a reasonable Brexit outcome, Boris had got 27 countries to sign up after thirty minutes… and twenty-five of those were spent laughing.

BUT, he did what he said he was going to do. And with Theresa May scuppered by “Divorce Bill” propaganda, BJ simply said “We’ll leave next week, but everything’ll carry on as normal - including our contributions to the EU - until the end of our contract”. And who says he’s dishonest and not a genius?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

My vote did NOT go to the Tories even though I voted for Brexit.just looked... Labour said they'd get a deal and allow the public to vote on it.

Which I suspect meant this was spin as they will get a poor deal and force ppls hands.

(I wasn't in the country in 2019 so wasn't close to that GE)

(Also, I'm shooting at the clouds, not at you, or anyone in particular)"

"They will get a piss poor deal". In fairness, the least damaging deal for the UK, is still piss poor compared to being a member of the EU.

But yes the rest is correct, that's what Labour said. Lib Dems went on some kind of ctrl+z ticket. Which was never going to happen.

Post new Message to Thread