Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Growing discontent

Jump to newest

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

The rail workers are engaged in strike action. Teachers, NHS staff and Barristers are all suggesting strike action is looming.

With inflation touching 10% this will probably just be the beginning of an increasing undercurrent of discontent in society.

I personally think that Johnson is positioning himself and his Government to invoke Thatcher’s fight with the Union’s. There is a big difference though, Thatcher came to power after years of Government mismanagement of the economy and after the winter of discontent. Whereas todays situation exists after 12 years of Conservative governance (and mismanagement) - they can’t hide from that.

During this time the public has heard and is now realising the Brexit lies. The public has seen and heard the contempt that the Government held for the public during the pandemic and now they demand that ordinary people accept low wages whilst the number of billionaires and multi-millionaires grow year on year and MP’s salaries continue to grow.

A big reset is on the way and I don’t think that it it what the libertarians and their loyal disciples may be expecting.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The rail workers are engaged in strike action. Teachers, NHS staff and Barristers are all suggesting strike action is looming.

With inflation touching 10% this will probably just be the beginning of an increasing undercurrent of discontent in society.

I personally think that Johnson is positioning himself and his Government to invoke Thatcher’s fight with the Union’s. There is a big difference though, Thatcher came to power after years of Government mismanagement of the economy and after the winter of discontent. Whereas todays situation exists after 12 years of Conservative governance (and mismanagement) - they can’t hide from that.

During this time the public has heard and is now realising the Brexit lies. The public has seen and heard the contempt that the Government held for the public during the pandemic and now they demand that ordinary people accept low wages whilst the number of billionaires and multi-millionaires grow year on year and MP’s salaries continue to grow.

A big reset is on the way and I don’t think that it it what the libertarians and their loyal disciples may be expecting.

"

Tories want to suppress our freedoms, they would prefer if we were all serfs, whilst these ruling elites lord over us, they would want to return us to a feudal system.

You notice this by when they invoke the “good old days” when things were “proper” and the donkeys fall for it over and over again, getting all “patriotic”

What a bunch of morons.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

I don't share the optimism. Just look at the Conservative voters on here. Completely ignore everything the Tories do, get a collective boner over someone from labour handing in legit expenses late.

The Tories are here to stay, and things will continue to get worse.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

"I don't share the optimism. Just look at the Conservative voters on here. Completely ignore everything the Tories do, get a collective boner over someone from labour handing in legit expenses late.

The Tories are here to stay, and things will continue to get worse."

I blame the people you register for the insanity of the vote.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

That's where you're wrong see...

A nice big global war will distract everyone from all that.

Post new Message to Thread