Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Kaliningrad

Jump to newest

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Time to clear the Russians out of Europe and give the enclave to Poland. Just another if their thorns in our side.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You suggesting an offensive war against Russia,you know that Moscow and 75% of the Russian population is in Europe right?

Also Lithuania has just as much of a claim to Kaliningrad than Poland

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"You suggesting an offensive war against Russia,you know that Moscow and 75% of the Russian population is in Europe right?

Also Lithuania has just as much of a claim to Kaliningrad than Poland"

I think the warlike rhetoric is all coming from the Russians. Originally Konigsberg it is never going to be German again. Lithuania, Poland, even let it be totally neutral.

Once a city of intellect and now a hub for Russia’s Baltic Fleet.

I’m just sick of their threats so think a few back at them would not go amiss.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"You suggesting an offensive war against Russia,you know that Moscow and 75% of the Russian population is in Europe right?

I think the warlike rhetoric is all coming from the Russians. Originally Konigsberg it is never going to be German again. Lithuania, Poland, even let it be totally neutral.

I’m just sick of their threats so think a few back at them would not go amiss."

Maybe a strongly worded letter?

over a year ago

I’m just sick of their threats so think a few back at them would not go amiss."

I was referring to your suggestion but you are right Russia has issued all the threats. Just remember that Putins first victim was and still is the Russian people.I'd rather the Crimea was handed back to its rightful owners and Chechnya's independence restored.

We have to be better than them we cannot divert back to "zones of interest" like the Russians or French demand.

By *orkcoastguyMan
over a year ago

Bridlington.

"Time to clear the Russians out of Europe and give the enclave to Poland. Just another if their thorns in our side."

Should be given back to the Germans as Prussia.....

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Poland and Lithuania were offered the enclave. Is mostly Russian there so they declined.

Not changed their views as it’s a trigger for future made up allegations from Putin.

By *entlemanFoxMan
over a year ago

North East / London

This is one of those situations that is not getting much coverage, but which could easily develop into something really serious.

To quickly recap: Kaliningrad is the location of a key Russian naval base. As it is surrounded on the land side by Poland and Lithuania the Russians have been using rail corridors to access it through Lithuania.

In accordance with EU sanctions Lithuania has just closed the rail corridors.

If the Russians try to force their way through the corridors that would be an attack on Lithuania (a NATO member).

Then everything could go pear shaped rapidly

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"This is one of those situations that is not getting much coverage, but which could easily develop into something really serious.

To quickly recap: Kaliningrad is the location of a key Russian naval base. As it is surrounded on the land side by Poland and Lithuania the Russians have been using rail corridors to access it through Lithuania.

If the Russians try to force their way through the corridors that would be an attack on Lithuania (a NATO member).

Then everything could go pear shaped rapidly "

Yes it’s looking grim.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"This is one of those situations that is not getting much coverage, but which could easily develop into something really serious.

Then everything could go pear shaped rapidly "

Russia are not that stupid they know NATO would finish them off very quickly,you only have to see how the ukraine are doing with limited weaponary.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Then everything could go pear shaped rapidly Russia are not that stupid they know NATO would finish them off very quickly,you only have to see how the ukraine are doing with limited weaponary."

Do you think Putin would hesitate to press the button? I’m not sure one way or another. He is a bit irrational obviously.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Then everything could go pear shaped rapidly Russia are not that stupid they know NATO would finish them off very quickly,you only have to see how the ukraine are doing with limited weaponary.

Do you think Putin would hesitate to press the button? I’m not sure one way or another. He is a bit irrational obviously. "

Of course he wont there are others in the line who would stop it they know that it would cause retaliation.

The nukes are a deterrent they wont be used unless a country like N Korea or Iraq get their hands on them.

over a year ago

This is how things escalate.

By *entlemanFoxMan
over a year ago

North East / London

"...

Russia are not that stupid they know NATO would finish them off very quickly,you only have to see how the ukraine are doing with limited weaponary."

You would like to think so, but the Russians may not see it as stupid. No one has successfully fought Russia from the west. The best you could hope for is a do over of Tannenberg / Masurian Lakes. That would still see large parts of Poland /Baltics /Belarus trashed.

Equally, huge amounts of NATO war stock munitions have been sent to Ukraine. I am not sure if replenishments are taking place at the same scale to back fill stocks.

This would be their chance to blame everything on NATO.

By *entlemanFoxMan
over a year ago

North East / London

"This is how things escalate."

Indeed it just takes one cock up

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

"...

Russia are not that stupid they know NATO would finish them off very quickly,you only have to see how the Ukraine are doing with limited weaponary from NATO.

You would like to think so, but the Russians may not see it as stupid. No one has successfully fought Russia from the west. The best you could hope for is a do over of Tannenberg / Masurian Lakes. That would still see large parts of Poland /Baltics /Belarus trashed.

Equally, huge amounts of NATO war stock munitions have been sent to Ukraine. I am not sure if replenishments are taking place at the same scale to back fill stocks.

This would be their chance to blame everything on NATO."

Think again, if huge stocks had been sent there then Russians would be behind the border they crossed. If NATO wanted the Russians out of Ukraine they could have given them the tools to do so. Clearly NATO and Ukraine have a plan, a plan they'll execute on their terms.

Russia would not chance a conventional war with NATO. Nuclear weapons pointless and I suspect China would be all over Russia if Russia decided to wipe out a large portion of its customers. With Russian and Belarus desrtions and many joining the Russian legion, there is no way Putin would want this to get any worse by opening another front.

Post new Message to Thread