Back to forum list
Back to Politics

David Lammy investigated for sleaze

Jump to newest

By *itzi999 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Slough

What a surprise!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/david-lammy-faces-standards-inquiry-over-earnings-for-speeches-hg60q0tzd

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"What a surprise!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/david-lammy-faces-standards-inquiry-over-earnings-for-speeches-hg60q0tzd

"

Again not as good as the story where the slob was trying to use public funds to give Carrie a 100k job to fuck her behind his previous wife’s back.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"What a surprise!

"

People who vote for the Conservatives provide the best comedy on here. Love it.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

As the expenses scandal over a decade back clearly showed, they all stick their snouts in the trough. Shock horror - even Labour!

What happens to basically decent people when they get a sniff of power? Do they get lessons in how to fiddle the public purse? Perhaps at 650 there are just too many of them.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"What a surprise!

People who vote for the Conservatives provide the best comedy on here. Love it."

And you never miss an opportunity to show your political bent.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"What a surprise!

People who vote for the Conservatives provide the best comedy on here. Love it.

And you never miss an opportunity to show your political bent. "

What is my political bent?

This place is funny though.

Tories - Billions handed to their friends and neighbors for PPE contracts. Weekly sleaze, lies, corrupt behaviour etc. Conservative voters defending them to the hilt at all costs. Attacking anyone who suggests that British people deserve better.

Opposition party - someone accused of something much more minor. Conservative voters with a collective boner calling it out.

The utter blind devotion to all things Tory is astounding.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Lammy was late declaring income for two speeches, about £3k each. Hardly the worst thing an MP has ever done.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I think Johnson arranging to have a journalist beaten up is far worse

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"I think Johnson arranging to have a journalist beaten up is far worse"

And pocketing money quietly for wallpaper. Oh definitely don’t forget making sure the times doesn’t publish the truth about him giving his liver a £100k job. Is that poor admin or just corrupt??

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Lammy was late declaring income for two speeches, about £3k each. Hardly the worst thing an MP has ever done. "

The severity of the issue is not important to Conservative voters. The only thing that matters to them is if the MP is a Tory or not.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Lammy was late declaring income for two speeches, about £3k each. Hardly the worst thing an MP has ever done.

The severity of the issue is not important to Conservative voters. The only thing that matters to them is if the MP is a Tory or not."

But we have seen time and time again each side just jumps in in the most irrelevant little things.

So an mp’s office was late putting in an invoice for earnings, happens all the time

On both sides

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Lammy was late declaring income for two speeches, about £3k each. Hardly the worst thing an MP has ever done.

The severity of the issue is not important to Conservative voters. The only thing that matters to them is if the MP is a Tory or not.

But we have seen time and time again each side just jumps in in the most irrelevant little things.

So an mp’s office was late putting in an invoice for earnings, happens all the time

On both sides "

100% agree.

The issues are that the sleaze from the Tories is much more severe and common place. Includes handing billions of tax payers money to their pals for PPE start up businesses. Etc etc.

There is a false equivalence. People who vote Tory, appear to be completely blind to any wrongdoing from their party.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

They should be banned from taking freebies. Nice work if you can get it though.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Johnson didn't declare his freebie holiday to Lord Goldsmiths luxury Marbella villa

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

On both sides

100% agree.

The issues are that the sleaze from the Tories is much more severe and common place. Includes handing billions of tax payers money to their pals for PPE start up businesses. Etc etc.

There is a false equivalence. People who vote Tory, appear to be completely blind to any wrongdoing from their party.

"

You keep on repeating this so please post the links to show £Billions was just handed over?

I'd really like to read about this and of course if true I'd also like to read about the police investigation and possible prosecutions we will have.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Google: PPE due diligence

There are lots of articles from different sources

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

On both sides

100% agree.

You keep on repeating this so please post the links to show £Billions was just handed over?

I'd really like to read about this and of course if true I'd also like to read about the police investigation and possible prosecutions we will have."

Can't post links on here, I don't want a forum ban. It was widely reported on and discussed at length in numerous places.

If you're unaware of this happening, then that's part of the problem.

over a year ago

"What a surprise!

People who vote for the Conservatives provide the best comedy on here. Love it."

m

Haha totally agree .

over a year ago

On both sides

100% agree.

I'd really like to read about this and of course if true I'd also like to read about the police investigation and possible prosecutions we will have.

Can't post links on here, I don't want a forum ban. It was widely reported on and discussed at length in numerous places.

If you're unaware of this happening, then that's part of the problem."

I sense a great deal of Tory supporter amnesia. Perhaps it’s long covid . Lol

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

On both sides

100% agree.

If you're unaware of this happening, then that's part of the problem."

You can post links on here if they are from a reputable source.

So post away and I'll have a read.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

On both sides

100% agree.

So post away and I'll have a read."

If you're someone who posts criticism of the government or brexit. People hound the shit out of you, reporting your posts, sending abusive messages. So no thanks I will not be goaded into a forum ban.

Feel free to Google the government PPE contract scandal, the contracts for their friends and party donors. It's not a secret, was reported widely and is well documented. If you wish to pretend it's not real, a link on here wouldn't make a jot of difference to you anyway.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

On both sides

100% agree.

I sense a great deal of Tory supporter amnesia. Perhaps it’s long covid . Lol "

It's often willful ignorance.

over a year ago

On both sides

100% agree.

I sense a great deal of Tory supporter amnesia. Perhaps it’s long covid . Lol

It's often willful ignorance."

And stupidity

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"Can't post links on here, I don't want a forum ban."

The forum rules explicitly state "You can link to: Any well recognised news site (bbc, times, telegraph, sun, notw, cnn and all the rest)".

There's no risk of a forum ban if you post a story from a reputable news site.

Of course, if your stories only come from disreputable sites, then you're better if not posting them.

over a year ago

"Can't post links on here, I don't want a forum ban.

The forum rules explicitly state "You can link to: Any well recognised news site (bbc, times, telegraph, sun, notw, cnn and all the rest)".

Of course, if your stories only come from disreputable sites, then you're better if not posting them."

Have you tried Google

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Can't post links on here, I don't want a forum ban.

Of course, if your stories only come from disreputable sites, then you're better if not posting them."

Still not being goaded into a forum ban thanks.

Tory nepotism on the PPE contracts is well documented. If you're interested, look it up.

Any amount of links won't make a jot of difference to the die hard Conservative voters. They are too blind to accept any criticism of their infallible party.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"Johnson didn't declare his freebie holiday to Lord Goldsmiths luxury Marbella villa"

Or the JCB private Jet laid on as required. But that was Tory business oh hang on no it wasn’t.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"Can't post links on here, I don't want a forum ban."

"The forum rules explicitly state "You can link to: Any well recognised news site (bbc, times, telegraph, sun, notw, cnn and all the rest)".

"Have you tried Google "

I don't have a problem finding stories, I have a problem with people hiding behind a threat of a forum ban in order to avoid backing up their claims.

I have tried google, and it's surprisingly hard to find a story specifically about "handing billions of tax payers money to their pals for PPE start up businesses", as was claimed above. Here's a link to start a discussion:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/06/tory-peer-michelle-mone-involved-ppe-medpro-government-contracts

That story is about PPE Medpro, a company "linked" to Michelle Mone, who is currently under criminal investigation. It doesn't support the idea that 'billions' were 'handed to pals'.

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

On both sides

100% agree.

If you're someone who posts criticism of the government or brexit. People hound the shit out of you, reporting your posts, sending abusive messages. So no thanks I will not be goaded into a forum ban.

Feel free to Google the government PPE contract scandal, the contracts for their friends and party donors. It's not a secret, was reported widely and is well documented. If you wish to pretend it's not real, a link on here wouldn't make a jot of difference to you anyway."

Was asking for a link which has clearly been explained is OK if from a reputable site.

That's not goading.

If you choose not to back up your claims that's up to you.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

On both sides

100% agree.

Feel free to Google the government PPE contract scandal, the contracts for their friends and party donors. It's not a secret, was reported widely and is well documented. If you wish to pretend it's not real, a link on here wouldn't make a jot of difference to you anyway.

Was asking for a link which has clearly been explained is OK if from a reputable site.

That's not goading.

If you choose not to back up your claims that's up to you."

I’ve been through this very debate with the same person reputable sources are allowed.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

On both sides

100% agree.

That's not goading.

If you choose not to back up your claims that's up to you."

To be clear. It's not my "claims", it's real life, things that actually happened.

And this is really highlights the futility of politics in this country. People who vote Tory are utterly blind to how the government behaves.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

On both sides

100% agree.

That's not goading.

If you choose not to back up your claims that's up to you.I’ve been through this very debate with the same person reputable sources are allowed."

This forum and this site does not work the same way for people who have higher aspirations for British people.

Anyway, you nice people can continue to believe anything you like. If you don't believe what's actually happening in real life and would rather just argue about sharing links then crack on.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"If you choose not to back up your claims that's up to you."

"To be clear. It's not my "claims", it's real life, things that actually happened."

There's nothing preventing you from posting the name of a news site, and the headline of an article, so that we can all go and read it ourselves.

If you want us to believe you, help us to find the evidence.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"If you choose not to back up your claims that's up to you.

To be clear. It's not my "claims", it's real life, things that actually happened.

There's nothing preventing you from posting the name of a news site, and the headline of an article, so that we can all go and read it ourselves.

If you want us to believe you, help us to find the evidence."

I have no interest in anyone believing me. I'm interested in people believing what's actually happening in the world around us.

You could find this in one minute if you wished to.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"If you choose not to back up your claims that's up to you.

If you want us to believe you, help us to find the evidence."

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the £ billions spunked on the PPE fast lane system as well as the not fit for purpose test and trace operation - didn’t actually happen.

The problem with finding links for each one of these fuck ups is that there were so many of them - it’s hard to remember which were worst.

Off the top of my head I remember Hancock’s Publican mate, there was another linked to Zahawi, and Byline Times did an expose about the number of startups that were linked to Tory Donors that somehow miraculously appeared in the Fast track system.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"Are you seriously trying to suggest that the £ billions spunked on the PPE fast lane system as well as the not fit for purpose test and trace operation - didn’t actually happen."

No.

It's clear that lots of money was wasted, and lots of mistakes were made.

Here's another link to a story about it: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-ppe-court-vip-suppliers-b1991440.html

That article is about a judge ruling that the "VIP fast lane" for PPE suppliers with connections to politicians was illegal. It also states that the judge ruled that the contracts deserved priority treatment, and that they would have been awarded the contracts if the VIP system were not in place.

So, no, I'm not arguing that these things didn't happen. I'm just arguing that it doesn't amount to the Tories handing billions to their mates for no return.

But more importantly than that, I'm arguing that people that refuse to post their sources, and pretend that they're not allowed to, are not telling the truth and should be treated with suspicion.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Are you seriously trying to suggest that the £ billions spunked on the PPE fast lane system as well as the not fit for purpose test and trace operation - didn’t actually happen.

No.

Here's another link to a story about it: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-ppe-court-vip-suppliers-b1991440.html

That article is about a judge ruling that the "VIP fast lane" for PPE suppliers with connections to politicians was illegal. It also states that the judge ruled that the contracts deserved priority treatment, and that they would have been awarded the contracts if the VIP system were not in place.

So, no, I'm not arguing that these things didn't happen. I'm just arguing that it doesn't amount to the Tories handing billions to their mates for no return.

But more importantly than that, I'm arguing that people that refuse to post their sources, and pretend that they're not allowed to, are not telling the truth and should be treated with suspicion."

Ridiculous comment. They're not "my sources". The moment I, or anyone who questions the government, posts a link we get reported and often blocked.

Also, no one said there was "no return".

Can we get back to the main point the OP? Conservative voters are outraged by minor accusations against Labour MPs, while not only ignoring much worse in the party they vote for, but hound anyone who thinks British people deserve better.

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

"Are you seriously trying to suggest that the £ billions spunked on the PPE fast lane system as well as the not fit for purpose test and trace operation - didn’t actually happen.

No.

But more importantly than that, I'm arguing that people that refuse to post their sources, and pretend that they're not allowed to, are not telling the truth and should be treated with suspicion.

Ridiculous comment. They're not "my sources". The moment I, or anyone who questions the government, posts a link we get reported and often blocked.

Can we get back to the main point the OP? Conservative voters are outraged by minor accusations against Labour MPs, while not only ignoring much worse in the party they vote for, but hound anyone who thinks British people deserve better. "

It's plainly clear that when a Labour MP is found out of wrong doing certain posters like it.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

No.

Can we get back to the main point the OP? Conservative voters are outraged by minor accusations against Labour MPs, while not only ignoring much worse in the party they vote for, but hound anyone who thinks British people deserve better.

It's plainly clear that when a Labour MP is found out of wrong doing certain posters like it."

Who likes it?

over a year ago

Ahhhh Mitzi. With a smoking gun that's more like a water pistol.

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"What a surprise!

"

"Sleaze"? Late declaring some income that was earned overtly from reputable sources?

That is quite a "gotcha".

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

So, is this Conservative MP having his whip suspended a more or less relevant item:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/22/tory-mp-david-warburton-parliamentary-standards-inquiry

Post new Message to Thread