Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

4 day work week

Jump to newest

By *annaBeStrong OP   Man
over a year ago

w

As a trial is due to begin in the UK I’d love to see peoples thoughts on this. And not just “I’d love to work less” views, but it’s practical application in business

2 schools of thought.

4 days but 10 hour days to make up 40 hours

4 days with 8 hours, but increases in productivity + happier work force still gets 40 hours work done. No reduction in pay

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"As a trial is due to begin in the UK I’d love to see peoples thoughts on this. And not just “I’d love to work less” views, but it’s practical application in business

2 schools of thought.

4 days with 8 hours, but increases in productivity + happier work force still gets 40 hours work done. No reduction in pay "

Yes i saw that it seems like a very good idea im not sure if it will work for everyone.The company i saw interviewed was a brewing company and they were happy with the way it was working and so were the staff.

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

When I started out in my career many years ago I remember it being predicted that technology would eventually bring the hours of the working week down to less than 30.

I think the average working week up to the mid 70's was 48, so we have been reducing over time, and I think another reduction would be very beneficial for the country in terms of health, both physically and mentally. A healthy, motivated workforce is surely going to be more productive than an over worked tired workforce.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"As a trial is due to begin in the UK I’d love to see peoples thoughts on this. And not just “I’d love to work less” views, but it’s practical application in business

2 schools of thought.

4 days with 8 hours, but increases in productivity + happier work force still gets 40 hours work done. No reduction in pay "

Either option would be good, as long as everywhere will align their business days. It'll be a positive.

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

2 schools of thought.

4 days with 8 hours, but increases in productivity + happier work force still gets 40 hours work done. No reduction in pay

Either option would be good, as long as everywhere will align their business days. It'll be a positive."

My thought, depending on your job if you think you are going to get every weekend as three days off you are wildly wrong. It actually means more weekend working on a rolling shift pattern.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

2 schools of thought.

Either option would be good, as long as everywhere will align their business days. It'll be a positive.

My thought, depending on your job if you think you are going to get every weekend as three days off you are wildly wrong. It actually means more weekend working on a rolling shift pattern."

That’s the but everyone forgets about having to work weekends

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

2 schools of thought.

My thought, depending on your job if you think you are going to get every weekend as three days off you are wildly wrong. It actually means more weekend working on a rolling shift pattern."

Do weekend workers get more money for working weekends?

Genuinely don't know. My job has been Monday to Friday, in various countries, for 20 years.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

2 schools of thought.

My thought, depending on your job if you think you are going to get every weekend as three days off you are wildly wrong. It actually means more weekend working on a rolling shift pattern.

Do weekend workers get more money for working weekends?

Genuinely don't know. My job has been Monday to Friday, in various countries, for 20 years."

Most of the 4 day jobs are ( 4 on 4 off). So weekend working but you only work 6 months out of the year.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

my staff have had 4 day working for some years now. a by-product of this is that they all have a chance to go back to their various homes in europe to see family pretty frequently which has indeed made them happier and more productive on the whole.

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

Most people in construction including myself work 50 hours a week.

Between time constraints and labour shortages not sure how reducing the working week to 4 days will help anyone

Post new Message to Thread