Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Another Boris turn....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Apparently there was a story about Boris trying to appoint Carrie to a 100k job whilst foreign secretary (and while he was still with his wife)

I say it WAS a story because it now looks like it's being pulled, which has started rumours he's pulled strings to get it taken down.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Whats the problem with that it happens in most company's all my managers have got family and friends jobs it's how.ost work.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Whats the problem with that it happens in most company's all my managers have got family and friends jobs it's how.ost work."

It is how it works. But it shouldn't, and certainly shouldn't in government.

Still, if we've learned one thing from these forums, conservative voters will defend literally anything they do.

over a year ago

"Whats the problem with that it happens in most company's all my managers have got family and friends jobs it's how.ost work.

Still, if we've learned one thing from these forums, conservative voters will defend literally anything they do. "

again clutching at straws no Tory here just not a labour fan but keep grabbing.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Whats the problem with that it happens in most company's all my managers have got family and friends jobs it's how.ost work.

Still, if we've learned one thing from these forums, conservative voters will defend literally anything they do. again clutching at straws no Tory here just not a labour fan but keep grabbing."

Well I'll amend it...

Still, if we've learned one thing from these forums, conservative voters (and the odd other person who says he's not a Tory) will defend literally anything they do.

over a year ago

Still, if we've learned one thing from these forums, conservative voters will defend literally anything they do. again clutching at straws no Tory here just not a labour fan but keep grabbing."

UKIP?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Still, if we've learned one thing from these forums, conservative voters will defend literally anything they do. again clutching at straws no Tory here just not a labour fan but keep grabbing.

UKIP? "

Reclaim party?

over a year ago

Boris seem to have some teflonesque god status some.

Spend 100k on on a housing people fleeing from persecution. Waste of taxpayers' money.

Give 100k of taxpayers money to Boris's side piece? Yeah, that's fine. Crack on son.

over a year ago

Still, if we've learned one thing from these forums, conservative voters will defend literally anything they do. again clutching at straws no Tory here just not a labour fan but keep grabbing.

UKIP? "

nope sorry to disappoint I genuinely don't vote other than local stuff for which this year was a conservative but voted lib Dems greens never labour though

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

UKIP? nope sorry to disappoint I genuinely don't vote other than local stuff for which this year was a conservative but voted lib Dems greens never labour though "

Why are labour worse than those? I'm not disagreeing with you BTW. Just curious as to why.

over a year ago

Dont vote, the whole political system needs a bid change.. In my opinion

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Why are labour worse than those? I'm not disagreeing with you BTW. Just curious as to why."

The mantra is always "what would Jeremy Corbyn do"

over a year ago

It's probably the Head of Communications for the Conservative party role she had around 2018. She quit after a year because people complained she had been putting in false expenses claims. (She had indeed been taking liberties, claiming for expenses for friends and on things she shouldn't have been).

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Apparently there was a story about Boris trying to appoint Carrie to a 100k job whilst foreign secretary (and while he was still with his wife)

I say it WAS a story because it now looks like it's being pulled, which has started rumours he's pulled strings to get it taken down. "

It was pulled as they didn't give him his right to rebuttal first. Standard journalistic ethics.

C

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Whats the problem with that it happens in most company's all my managers have got family and friends jobs it's how.ost work."

Not in the public sector though.

over a year ago

UKIP? nope sorry to disappoint I genuinely don't vote other than local stuff for which this year was a conservative but voted lib Dems greens never labour though

Why are labour worse than those? I'm not disagreeing with you BTW. Just curious as to why."

because there more corrupt than the mafia where I live and totally waste money been to comfortable even a donkey with a red sash would get voted in but things changing for the good.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

UKIP? nope sorry to disappoint I genuinely don't vote other than local stuff for which this year was a conservative but voted lib Dems greens never labour though

Why are labour worse than those? I'm not disagreeing with you BTW. Just curious as to why. because there more corrupt than the mafia where I live and totally waste money been to comfortable even a donkey with a red sash would get voted in but things changing for the good."

Thank you for answering

over a year ago

"Apparently there was a story about Boris trying to appoint Carrie to a 100k job whilst foreign secretary (and while he was still with his wife)

I say it WAS a story because it now looks like it's being pulled, which has started rumours he's pulled strings to get it taken down.

It was pulled as they didn't give him his right to rebuttal first. Standard journalistic ethics.

C"

I've not seen this been suggested anywhere... Do you have a link/sensible term to Google?

The new European is quoting the journalist as being "in lengthy and detailed communication with No 10 at a high level, Ben Gascoigne and Mrs Johnson’s spokeswoman for up to 48 hours before the paper went to press"

Could be not going to Boris direct is the ethics point I guess.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Dont vote, the whole political system needs a bid change.. In my opinion "

This. It's in desperate need of reform.

Post new Message to Thread