Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Geidt

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Johnson's ethics adviser Lord Geidt resigns after controversy over whether the prime minister broke the ministerial code.

Putting the words Johnson and ethics together in the same sentence caused a lot of problems for the sense checker on my phone - I wonder why?

How many ethics advisors have now resigned?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Johnson's ethics adviser Lord Geidt resigns after controversy over whether the prime minister broke the ministerial code.

Putting the words Johnson and ethics together in the same sentence caused a lot of problems for the sense checker on my phone - I wonder why?

"

Probably fed up giving him advice and him not taking it .

You can take a horse to water but can't make it drink .

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Johnson's ethics adviser Lord Geidt resigns after controversy over whether the prime minister broke the ministerial code.

How many ethics advisors have now resigned? oops

"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

He must have been a ‘lefty’ ethic advisor

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

Nothing to see here.

Ethics advisors resigning as a consequence of not having any trust in the ethics of the Prime Minister and other Ministers so not indicate anything of any consequence.

Not even if it happens twice.

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Nothing to see here.

Ethics advisors resigning as a consequence of not having any trust in the ethics of the Prime Minister and other Ministers so not indicate anything of any consequence.

Not even if it happens twice."

..... ...... ...... ...... it is anothr part of drip drip drip

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

Bottom line - we need to be able to read the resignation letter he wrote to the PM.

Why not publish it? What does the PM have to fear?

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Bottom line - we need to be able to read the resignation letter he wrote to the PM.

Why not publish it? What does the PM have to fear?"

it's now published.

Plus a response.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Nothing to see here.

Not even if it happens twice."

I’m sure he will not be too out out by resigning just go back to signing into the lords everyday and collect his £323 a day attendance allowance

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

"Bottom line - we need to be able to read the resignation letter he wrote to the PM.

Why not publish it? What does the PM have to fear?it's now published.

Plus a response. "

I saw that. Part of Boris' response is this:

"You have carried out your duties admirably under very difficult circumstances."

Well, no shit, Boris; although I doubt you realise (or care, if you even do) that they are circumstances entirely of your own making.

As for your surprise; I can understand how, in your mind, you can't imagine anyone not wanting to work for you - but I suspect it's more to do with realising that some of those who do, unlike yourself, understand the difference between right and wrong and accept that morality in public office, is a minimum requirement.

Many of our previous parliamentarians, even the Tories amongst them, had the intelligence and the honour to be constrained by the notion that laws and rules should - at least be seen - to apply to all citizens, equally.

Not you, though. Eh, Boris?

over a year ago

"Nothing to see here.

I’m sure he will not be too out out by resigning just go back to signing into the lords everyday and collect his £323 a day attendance allowance "

Is he a ‘lefty’ ??

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

"Nothing to see here.

I’m sure he will not be too out out by resigning just go back to signing into the lords everyday and collect his £323 a day attendance allowance "

He lives on the isle of Lewis - I doubt it will be every day.

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

"Nothing to see here.

I’m sure he will not be too out out by resigning just go back to signing into the lords everyday and collect his £323 a day attendance allowance

Is he a ‘lefty’ ??"

A former officer in the Britsh Army and Private Secretary to HMQ? A lefty?

Mind you, if he's in moral conflict with the PM, that makes him a normal human being - whatever his politics.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Nothing to see here.

He lives on the isle of Lewis - I doubt it will be every day."

In that case he will get his out of house £162 a day allowance

By *asyukMan
over a year ago

West London

"Nothing to see here.

Does that mean that his resignation has no significance?

Will he be claiming money if he does not attend the House? Has he? Do you know?

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Nothing to see here.

He lives on the isle of Lewis - I doubt it will be every day.

In that case he will get his out of house £162 a day allowance "

odd angle. This is either entirely irrleavant to the point ... Or suggesting it's not okay to get paid to work ...

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Another one, and those who support this donkey of PM need take a look in the mirror and think of the damage they are doing to this country.

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

It feels that this thread is one where we are able to mention the word distraction!

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Nothing to see here.

Will he be claiming money if he does not attend the House? Has he? Do you know?"

If you or I resign you/I lose our job and all earnings, these people do not lose out financially because they go on getting paid regardless.

So I don’t see it as much of a big deal.

And it’s in the rules that if lords do not attend the house they can’t claim the allowance but if they do something outside they claim the lower amount.

Do you really think they all don’t ?

over a year ago

"Nothing to see here.

If you or I resign you/I lose our job and all earnings, these people do not lose out financially because they go on getting paid regardless.

And it’s in the rules that if lords do not attend the house they can’t claim the allowance but if they do something outside they claim the lower amount.

Do you really think they all don’t ? "

I don’t think we should have the lords but he didn’t resign from that position so what you are saying is irrelevant

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Nothing to see here.

Do you really think they all don’t ? "

based on a snapshot, c a quarter don't. Albeit I CBA see how many didn't attend a day.

Post new Message to Thread