Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

NIP

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Consent of both communities in N Ireland was not considered important or necessary over Brexit but is now being used by Liz Truss to justify unilaterally altering an international treaty.

Just another day for this corrupt Gov't.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Consent of both communities in N Ireland was not considered important or necessary over Brexit but is now being used by Liz Truss to justify unilaterally altering an international treaty.

Just another day for this corrupt Gov't. "

shouldnt stormo t have a say then ... Or even the deciding vote ... It's an odd position.

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

The problem isn't the NIP.

It's the fact that HMG didn't understand what it actually meant when they came up with it and signed it into law.

Well, that and the DUP.

It's why they both have to blame the EU for their lack of intelligence, their disregard for the law and, for some of them, their hatred of Catholics.

over a year ago

"The problem isn't the NIP.

It's the fact that HMG didn't understand what it actually meant when they came up with it and signed it into law.

Well, that and the DUP.

It's why they both have to blame the EU for their lack of intelligence, their disregard for the law and, for some of them, their hatred of Catholics."

Well said

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

From what I have seen recently, there are many South of the border who don't want a border in the Irish sea as well. For these a land or sea border will affect their business.

What a mess, personally it should be upto Ireland and the UK to decide their border, and not some EU dimwit organisation that can't control its own mainland borders.

over a year ago

"From what I have seen recently, there are many South of the border who don't want a border in the Irish sea as well. For these a land or sea border will affect their business.

What a mess, personally it should be upto Ireland and the UK to decide their border, and not some EU dimwit organisation that can't control its own mainland borders. "

Oh dear....

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"From what I have seen recently, there are many South of the border who don't want a border in the Irish sea as well. For these a land or sea border will affect their business.

What a mess, personally it should be upto Ireland and the UK to decide their border, and not some EU dimwit organisation that can't control its own mainland borders. "

so funny but very worrying at the same time.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I'm not sure what obscure corners you've been looking in to find people south of the border here who don't want a sea border.

Business in the north is booming at the moment and north/south trade has increased hugely as a result of the protocol.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hahaha,

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

I'm not sure what obscure corners you've been looking in to find people south of the border here who don't want a sea border.

Business in the north is booming at the moment and north/south trade has increased hugely as a result of the protocol.

I should add that in the history of Irish/British discussions on borders, the Irish people have never been given much in the way of choice. The current border was established with a threat of "immediate and terrible warfare" from Lloyd George if not accepted.

By *odge72Man
over a year ago

Nenagh

Laughable on so many levels

Post new Message to Thread