Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Britons sentenced to death

Jump to newest

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Two British nationals fighting for Ukraine and captured by pro Russian rebels have been sentenced to death.

Is there no depth Putin’s rabble won’t stoop to?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Two British nationals fighting for Ukraine and captured by pro Russian rebels have been sentenced to death.

Is there no depth Putin’s rabble won’t stoop to?"

Why is the nationality of the person sentenced to death important?

Surely it's all equally abhorrent.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Two British nationals fighting for Ukraine and captured by pro Russian rebels have been sentenced to death.

Surely it's all equally abhorrent."

It doesn’t… even though they are British citizens, they have live in Ukraine for years and are part of the Ukrainian marines…. So they should be treated as POWs under the Geneva convention, however this Russian court treated them as mercenaries so are saying they have no protections…

There is zero chance they go thru with it as that would turn the screw big time! Basically the Russians are going to use them as hostage pieces

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Surely it's all equally abhorrent.

It doesn’t… even though they are British citizens, they have live in Ukraine for years and are part of the Ukrainian marines…. So they should be treated as POWs under the Geneva convention, however this Russian court treated them as mercenaries so are saying they have no protections…

There is zero chance they go thru with it as that would turn the screw big time! Basically the Russians are going to use them as hostage pieces "

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Surely it's all equally abhorrent."

Maybe it’s because as British they are being treated as mercenaries not as Ukrainians and as this is a British site it may be of interest to others.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is there no depth Putin’s rabble won’t stoop to?"

Do the time that fits the crime.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Do the time that fits the crime. "

None committed.

By *eanoCoolMan
over a year ago

wisbech

I dont think its a crime to help defend the country you have lived in for many years and call home, the crime is a unjust Russian invasion of a sovereign state.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I dont think its a crime to help defend the country you have lived in for many years and call home, the crime is a unjust Russian invasion of a sovereign state."

over a year ago

None committed."

Clearly the Russians and their chums would disagree, which in this regards means more then sympathetic words on a swingers forum .

By *eanoCoolMan
over a year ago

wisbech

None committed.

Clearly the Russians and their chums would disagree, which in this regards means more then sympathetic words on a swingers forum . "

So I take it that you agree with the sham Russian trial and the sentence placed on these 2 men then?

over a year ago

None committed.

Clearly the Russians and their chums would disagree, which in this regards means more then sympathetic words on a swingers forum .

So I take it that you agree with the sham Russian trial and the sentence placed on these 2 men then?"

I’m no friend of the Russians. I’m pro good guys

over a year ago

Just to clarify, do you mean by this that you think the two British nationals should be executed?

over a year ago

Just to clarify, do you mean by this that you think the two British nationals should be executed?"

If they’re British nationals and they have been captured by the enemy in a country not of their own. And have committed a crime as accused by the enemy of said crime and the penalty being clear from the beginning , my original quote stands .

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/06/22 23:16:39]

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Just to clarify, do you mean by this that you think the two British nationals should be executed?

If they’re British nationals and they have been captured by the enemy in a country not of their own. And have committed a crime as accused by the enemy of said crime and the penalty being clear from the beginning , my original quote stands . "

Therefore a Russian captured in the Ukraine would be guilty of the same according to your ‘logic’.

over a year ago

If they’re British nationals and they have been captured by the enemy in a country not of their own. And have committed a crime as accused by the enemy of said crime and the penalty being clear from the beginning , my original quote stands .

Therefore a Russian captured in the Ukraine would be guilty of the same according to your ‘logic’."

My logic is law is law of that nation.

It’s really not a difficult concept .

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Therefore a Russian captured in the Ukraine would be guilty of the same according to your ‘logic’.

It’s really not a difficult concept . "

It’s not a recognised nation. It is a fiefdom. Sorry you cannot understand that.

over a year ago

It’s not a recognised nation. It is a fiefdom. Sorry you cannot understand that. "

Keep grasping. It’s amusing.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

It’s not a recognised nation. It is a fiefdom. Sorry you cannot understand that.

Keep grasping. It’s amusing. "

Not really. We know where you stand which is rather sad tbh.

over a year ago

Not really. We know where you stand which is rather sad tbh."

I respect the rule of law. Clearly you have a problem with that .

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I respect the rule of law. Clearly you have a problem with that . "

According to reports they defending Mariupol. So not in the nation who is prosecuting. Okay with that ?

And this country is a a self proclaimed republic and the courts giving the death sentence aren't internationally recognised. Okay with any institution passing judgements ?

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Kangaroo courts and show trials yes.

over a year ago

The pro Russian court does not respect the rule of war and the treatment of pow, these two men have lived in Ukraine for a number of years, were not people who travelled to fight since the invasion.

You lack of both understanding and empathy is a said state of society, if you respect the law of the nation does this also mean you have issue with certain Islamic states beheading and hanging people because of their sexuality

over a year ago

I respect the rule of law. Clearly you have a problem with that .

The pro Russian court does not respect the rule of war and the treatment of pow, these two men have lived in Ukraine for a number of years, were not people who travelled to fight since the invasion.

You lack of both understanding and empathy is a said state of society, if you respect the law of the nation does this also mean you have issue with certain Islamic states beheading and hanging people because of their sexuality "

I have understand and have empathy; doesn’t mean I reject law. Sadly lots of bad things happen during Wars. And an International Criminal Court will look into it .

Clearly if these 2 Brits were living in the Ukraine then they are expats. But they were labelled as British nationals, joining a war in a country not of their own.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

governments chosing to ignore the parts of international law that they don't like? you'd never find britain doing this kind of thing ... oh wait a minute!

over a year ago

They are both married to Ukrainian women and are both signed-up members of Ukraine's 36th Marine Brigade. International law considers them Ukrainian combatants so they are entitled to be treated as prisoners of war.

over a year ago

"They are both married to Ukrainian women and are both signed-up members of Ukraine's 36th Marine Brigade. International law considers them Ukrainian combatants so they are entitled to be treated as prisoners of war. "

Why are they labelled as Brits? Why do we even care, if they’re Ukrainian combatants. They are fighting to defend their new country .

If they travelled there because our Foreign secretary suggested it was a good thing, then by all means we should care and do what it takes to return them home . But their home is Ukraine .

over a year ago

"They are both married to Ukrainian women and are both signed-up members of Ukraine's 36th Marine Brigade. International law considers them Ukrainian combatants so they are entitled to be treated as prisoners of war.

Why are they labelled as Brits? Why do we even care, if they’re Ukrainian combatants. They are fighting to defend their new country .

If they travelled there because our Foreign secretary suggested it was a good thing, then by all means we should care and do what it takes to return them home . But their home is Ukraine . "

They have dual nationality passports and WE care because we are decent human beings. You obviously don't care. I need say no more.

over a year ago

"They are both married to Ukrainian women and are both signed-up members of Ukraine's 36th Marine Brigade. International law considers them Ukrainian combatants so they are entitled to be treated as prisoners of war.

If they travelled there because our Foreign secretary suggested it was a good thing, then by all means we should care and do what it takes to return them home . But their home is Ukraine .

They have dual nationality passports and WE care because we are decent human beings. You obviously don't care. I need say no more."

Do you equally care about other Britons that have gone overseas to fight ?

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

They have dual nationality passports and WE care because we are decent human beings. You obviously don't care. I need say no more.

Do you equally care about other Britons that have gone overseas to fight ?"

I suspect death sentences by courts in self declared republics create news. I suspect that death sentences amisdt a way creates news too. The Brits element is probably the icing.

Wasn't your original point around them doing their time as they commited a crime?

Where are you now? People have thrown doubt in both if they committed a crime and where the crime took place realtive to the "country" prosecuting...

You seem to have switched lanes on what you are arguing.

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple
over a year ago

Devon

Russia has an army of professional mercenaries called Wagner who are financed by an oligarch and supported by Putin.

over a year ago

Do you equally care about other Britons that have gone overseas to fight ?I suspect death sentences by courts in self declared republics create news. I suspect that death sentences amisdt a way creates news too. The Brits element is probably the icing.

Wasn't your original point around them doing their time as they commited a crime?

Where are you now? People have thrown doubt in both if they committed a crime and where the crime took place realtive to the "country" prosecuting...

"

No I haven’t . Explain how I have switched lanes.

over a year ago

"Russia has an army of professional mercenaries called Wagner who are financed by an oligarch and supported by Putin. "

I don’t understand the relevance.

If Ukrainians capture these mercenaries I would state the same .

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Do you equally care about other Britons that have gone overseas to fight ?I suspect death sentences by courts in self declared republics create news. I suspect that death sentences amisdt a way creates news too. The Brits element is probably the icing.

No I haven’t . Explain how I have switched lanes."

They were captured it seems outside of DPR. They appear not to be mercenaries but part of the army.

So in your view have they broken DPR law ?

(Second question, do you recognise DPR as a legitimate state to have their own laws?)

over a year ago

No I haven’t . Explain how I have switched lanes.

They were captured it seems outside of DPR. They appear not to be mercenaries but part of the army.

(Second question, do you recognise DPR as a legitimate state to have their own laws?)"

I have no idea what you’re talking about .

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

They were captured outside of DPR.

They appear not to be mercenaries but part of the army.

(Second question, do you recognise DPR as a legitimate state to have their own laws?)

I have no idea what you’re talking about .

"

appreciate I ramble. Which bits aren't clear ?

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Therefore a Russian captured in the Ukraine would be guilty of the same according to your ‘logic’."

Technically, yes as no declaration of war has been made by either side.

Sentencing the Moroccan to death could be one hell of a mistake.

over a year ago

" Sentencing the Moroccan to death could be one hell of a mistake. "

Please could elaborate .

over a year ago

None committed.

So I take it that you agree with the sham Russian trial and the sentence placed on these 2 men then?

I’m no friend of the Russians. I’m pro good guys "

Post new Message to Thread