Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Labours biggest corporate donor..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

... labour's biggest cash donor is apparently a corporation run by a member of the Chinese comunist party...................

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Whaaaaaats going on guys

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Politics forum

over a year ago

"Politics forum "

Nah, it's not all over the news

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Source?

over a year ago

"Source? "

Boris in the house of commons.

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Source? "
some details here

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/13/chinese-national-trying-to-improperly-influence-politicians-says-mi5

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"Source?

Boris in the house of commons. "

Must be a true story then ..It’s not like Boris is a lying twat that likes to deflect any problems on his own front door is it .

over a year ago

"Source?

Boris in the house of commons. Must be a true story then ..It’s not like Boris is a lying twat that likes to deflect any problems on his own front door is it ."

Watch the footage, it proper knocked the opposition back.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

probably in chinese meals for beergate night.

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Source?

Boris in the house of commons. Must be a true story then ..It’s not like Boris is a lying twat that likes to deflect any problems on his own front door is it .

Watch the footage, it proper knocked the opposition back. "

is there new footage ... Or are you talking about the Feb footage ...?

Christine Lee also attended Tory fundraising events.

Labour are more on the hook given the sums involved ... But looks like her net was being cast across parties ...

By *ity_BoyMan
over a year ago

London

In the 2019 election, Conservatives received £13,000,000 in donations from individuals, and £19,400,000 in total.

By comparison, Labour recieved £159,000 from individuals and £5,400,000 in total.

It's pretty clear who's being influenced by donations here.

over a year ago

"In the 2019 election, Conservatives received £13,000,000 in donations from individuals, and £19,400,000 in total.

By comparison, Labour recieved £159,000 from individuals and £5,400,000 in total.

It's pretty clear who's being influenced by donations here."

Mad Nads admitted this recently , stating that rebel MPs should support Boris because if they don’t they will lose funding by their donors

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"In the 2019 election, Conservatives received £13,000,000 in donations from individuals, and £19,400,000 in total.

It's pretty clear who's being influenced by donations here."

Ps. Don't mention the Russian donor's or the report into them and their influence on the government..

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Ps. Don't mention the Russian donor's or the report into them and their influence on the government.."

Yeah they seem to have plenty of influence at the moment. What with Britain leading the way in support of the Ukraine against putin.

over a year ago

Ps. Don't mention the Russian donor's or the report into them and their influence on the government..Yeah they seem to have plenty of influence at the moment. What with Britain leading the way in support of the Ukraine against putin."

Leading the way?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Source?

Boris in the house of commons. Must be a true story then ..It’s not like Boris is a lying twat that likes to deflect any problems on his own front door is it ."

Phew That makes it all OK then.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Ps. Don't mention the Russian donor's or the report into them and their influence on the government..Yeah they seem to have plenty of influence at the moment. What with Britain leading the way in support of the Ukraine against putin.

Leading the way? "

yup

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Does accepting donations make you liable to be swayed?

That feels like the underlying crux here.

By *ity_BoyMan
over a year ago

London

Ps. Don't mention the Russian donor's or the report into them and their influence on the government..Yeah they seem to have plenty of influence at the moment. What with Britain leading the way in support of the Ukraine against putin."

Nothing says leading the way like delaying sanctions on Russian oligarchs so they can quickly move their funds elsewhere.

Nothing says leading the way like the report saying "there is substantial evidence that Russian interference in British politics is commonplace". The report was censored.

Nothing says leading the way like offering a peerage to the son of a Russian oligarch despite being warned of the security risk. The security advice to BoJo was supposed to be released, but so far it hasn't.

BoJo is only supporting Ukraine because it benefits him. He sees himself as a Churchill type character when infact he's nothing more than character from a Dr Seuss book. He's already using the Russian invasion of Ukraine as an excuse not to be outed.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

This is what happens when we have politicians for sale.

Russian millions for the tories

Chinese for Labour

It should all be banned and no donations at all. You’re funded by the state based on number of members.

The last thing we need is to follow the American way of politicians being in the control of people like the NRA .

Greed makes people’s morals very weak

The USA parties spend Billions on running for office over two years .

Why do their backers spend so much if it’s not for influence.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Does accepting donations make you liable to be swayed?

That feels like the underlying crux here. "

Or does not having any donations make you skint and liable to be swayed?

I imagine personal favours before, during and after office are more likely to lead to swaying politicians "values" than those going to central coffers.

over a year ago

Personally I think there should be no corporate sponsorship of politics, including billionaire media barons, by any political party. It breeds corruption on every level

By *itzi999Woman
over a year ago

Slough

"... labour's biggest cash donor is apparently a corporation run by a member of the Chinese comunist party................... "

Why am I not surprised???

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

"probably in chinese meals for beergate night. "

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"This is what happens when we have politicians for sale.

Chinese for Labour

It should all be banned and no donations at all. You’re funded by the state based on number of members.

The last thing we need is to follow the American way of politicians being in the control of people like the NRA .

"

of course it’s for influence no point other wise like jackal says should all be banned and play on a level playing field it was same with brexit remain had nearl double what leave had lol

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

"... labour's biggest cash donor is apparently a corporation run by a member of the Chinese comunist party...................

Why am I not surprised??? "

I wonder if a go fund me "money talks" would be appropriate for the sole purpose of influencing political parties and mp's.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Personally I think there should be no corporate sponsorship of politics, including billionaire media barons, by any political party. It breeds corruption on every level "

Are you suggesting that the government should represent the interests of the people, instead of the corporate sponsors?

Ridiculous!

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"Personally I think there should be no corporate sponsorship of politics, including billionaire media barons, by any political party. It breeds corruption on every level

Are you suggesting that the government should represent the interests of the people, instead of the corporate sponsors?

Ridiculous! "

all party’s should

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Personally I think there should be no corporate sponsorship of politics, including billionaire media barons, by any political party. It breeds corruption on every level

Ridiculous! all party’s should "

Well of course. But the whole system is set up to serve corporations and billionaires. And we're going further that way.

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I wonder how this "record" donation stacks up against other parties record donations.

(And how many have become lords recently)

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Ridiculous! all party’s should

Well of course. But the whole system is set up to serve corporations and billionaires. And we're going further that way."

exactly I agree with you that’s why I agreed with jackal about donations being banned for all party’s

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Well of course. But the whole system is set up to serve corporations and billionaires. And we're going further that way. exactly I agree with you that’s why I agreed with jackal about donations being banned for all party’s "

It should be.

Never going to happen though.

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Well of course. But the whole system is set up to serve corporations and billionaires. And we're going further that way. exactly I agree with you that’s why I agreed with jackal about donations being banned for all party’s

It should be.

Never going to happen though."

probably right there

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I was reading the the tories are also supported by Neo-Nazis who pay millions also. Its totally fucked up how extreme ideologies infect our political parties.

We need a bill which prevents companies or organisations or individuals with foreign links donating to our parties.

The slob won’t do it though, and I doubt other sides won’t. For example the Sinn Fein and its donations from the USA, or the SNP and its foreign donations.

No party should have the advantage.

over a year ago

Chinese for Labour

"

For a change, I am agreeing with you on this

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Chinese for Labour

For a change, I am agreeing with you on this "

I think most reasonable people agree. I just think our “professional “ politicians are focusing on themselves too much. Trip to the Maldives for fact finding trip sir? Oh of course but I must remember to declare it as that makes everything ok.

I can’t remember the details but I seem to remember 85% of MPs foreign trips are to holiday related destinations rather than industrial or cold regions. Good job they have employed their wives as assistants to share the burden on the trip.

MPs trips are regularly funded by government if they are on a committee related to the trip but look at this link to see how many are also given free trips by foreign governments which they take with family.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45883411

I can understand civil servants going ( for fact finding research) but why do MPs go when their tenure in a department is usually so short. Jolly anyone? It’s ok I’ll declare it.

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Chinese for Labour

For a change, I am agreeing with you on this

I think most reasonable people agree. I just think our “professional “ politicians are focusing on themselves too much. Trip to the Maldives for fact finding trip sir? Oh of course but I must remember to declare it as that makes everything ok.

I can’t remember the details but I seem to remember 85% of MPs foreign trips are to holiday related destinations rather than industrial or cold regions. Good job they have employed their wives as assistants to share the burden on the trip.

MPs trips are regularly funded by government if they are on a committee related to the trip but look at this link to see how many are also given free trips by foreign governments which they take with family.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45883411

I can understand civil servants going ( for fact finding research) but why do MPs go when their tenure in a department is usually so short. Jolly anyone? It’s ok I’ll declare it. "

You’re right, just declaring doesn’t mean it’s moral, it like a get out of jail free card, e.g. I’ve been given some money from a Russian oligarch, but don’t worry I declared it, so it’s ok. Its so matter of fact these days, there is no real consequence to their action, they’ve probably spent it already.

What is it they say? Sin now, as it’s easier to get forgiveness later.

A certain slob lives by that code.

All MP’s must sign a contract of employment when they enter parliament, no oaths, an actual contract clearly marking their obligations and the penalties for their actions.

For too long have they escaped or bypassed employment law.

Being an MP is a job and it should be treated as such.

The real Blockbuster is parliament, we need to netflix parliament now.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Not surprising, it certainly explains the hard left slant they started taking after Brown left.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Not surprising, it certainly explains the hard left slant they started taking after Brown left."

Labour polices are centre or centre/right.

By *ity_BoyMan
over a year ago

London

"Not surprising, it certainly explains the hard left slant they started taking after Brown left.

Labour polices are centre or centre/right."

Anything left of the far right is far left according to tories

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

"Labour polices are centre or centre/right."

They used to be under Blair, not anymore though.

Post new Message to Thread