Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Pound is up shit creek

Jump to newest

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-30/sterling-risks-existential-crisis-with-em-parallels-bofa-says

"Pound is third-worst performing major currency this year".

Comments?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

"https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-30/sterling-risks-existential-crisis-with-em-parallels-bofa-says

Comments?"

I do not give a forex.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-30/sterling-risks-existential-crisis-with-em-parallels-bofa-says

Comments?

I do not give a forex."

you might give a shit if the economy tanks

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

Comments?

I do not give a forex.

you might give a shit if the economy tanks"

Naa,, I don't think I will give a forex.

over a year ago

Comments?

I do not give a forex.

Naa,, I don't think I will give a forex. "

What am I thinking? You don't seem to care about anything. As you were then

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

Comments?

I do not give a forex.

What am I thinking? You don't seem to care about anything. As you were then"

Who cares,,, you do obviously, what can or are you going to do about the impending doom created by the gov and boe, devaluing the pound that much that the market has lost all confidence in the pound and third world currencies are a better bet.

over a year ago

Comments?

I do not give a forex.

What am I thinking? You don't seem to care about anything. As you were then

Who cares,,, you do obviously, what can or are you going to do about the impending doom created by the gov and boe, devaluing the pound that much that the market has lost all confidence in the pound and third world currencies are a better bet."

Yup I do care about things, but that's just my cross to bear. You don't. Not sure there's much point in continuing this conversation...

over a year ago

Comments?"

It matches the government then

By *isandhers691127Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Wonder what Mr lobster is eating now

By *ayturners turn hayMan
over a year ago

Wellingborugh

Comments?"

Currency movements are simply a question of swings and roundabouts. I cannot see many UK exporters wanting sterling to strengthen. The same applies to any pensioners bringing in pension income from abroad. A stronger currency would just devalue your investment and dividend income.

By *entadreadMan
over a year ago

Essex

We are still not mentioning the B word...Whether we like it or not the reality is Brexit is contributing its share to our economic woes.

By *i joanneCouple
over a year ago

blackpool

"We are still not mentioning the B word...Whether we like it or not the reality is Brexit is contributing its share to our economic woes. "

Yes only Britain has suffered since brexit.cant think of anything else that has contributed to our economic woes at the moment.

By *rLibertineMan
over a year ago

North Suffolk

"We are still not mentioning the B word...Whether we like it or not the reality is Brexit is contributing its share to our economic woes.

Yes only Britain has suffered since brexit.cant think of anything else that has contributed to our economic woes at the moment."

You are missing the point. The poster above said ‘contributing to….’ not the sole cause…

over a year ago

"Wonder what Mr lobster is eating now "

Ha, whatever happened to Lobster Chris, I do miss his hilarious posts,

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"We are still not mentioning the B word...Whether we like it or not the reality is Brexit is contributing its share to our economic woes.

Yes only Britain has suffered since brexit.cant think of anything else that has contributed to our economic woes at the moment."

there covid deniers lol

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"We are still not mentioning the B word...Whether we like it or not the reality is Brexit is contributing its share to our economic woes. "

Yes, Brexit! Take back control! Limit immigration! Get it done! Oh how I miss those pointless sound bites.

over a year ago

Take your cash out of the bank before the big crash. Remember how difficult it was in Greece.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Comments? Currency movements are simply a question of swings and roundabouts. I cannot see many UK exporters wanting sterling to strengthen. The same applies to any pensioners bringing in pension income from abroad. A stronger currency would just devalue your investment and dividend income. "

This is the Rosie Holt of Fab lol

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Comments? Currency movements are simply a question of swings and roundabouts. I cannot see many UK exporters wanting sterling to strengthen. The same applies to any pensioners bringing in pension income from abroad. A stronger currency would just devalue your investment and dividend income. "

Interesting view. So those exporters who import raw materials don’t worry about the extra cost of imports. Who knew?

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Not really , when leading experts are now comparing GBP to an emerging market currency and investors taking short positions, we we are seeing Brexit unfolding as we knew would happen

over a year ago

Comments? Currency movements are simply a question of swings and roundabouts. I cannot see many UK exporters wanting sterling to strengthen. The same applies to any pensioners bringing in pension income from abroad. A stronger currency would just devalue your investment and dividend income.

Not really , when leading experts are now comparing GBP to an emerging market currency and investors taking short positions, we we are seeing Brexit unfolding as we knew would happen "

Oh but Brexit's wonderful, didn't you know? That's why we've got these amazing unicorns everywhere now.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Comments?"

It doesnt seem to be bothering the crowds at airports.

By *isandhers691127Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Comments?It doesnt seem to be bothering the crowds at airports. "

What the one's that can't get on the planes because there are no staff?

over a year ago

2 years of not being needed at airports, they will all have probably found new employment..

By *ustintime69Man
over a year ago

Bristol

Totally bonkers pov!

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

£1 is worth more than 1€

£1 is worth more than $1

Can't be that bad then.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Comments?It doesnt seem to be bothering the crowds at airports.

What the one's that can't get on the planes because there are no staff? "

yes they all seem to have plenty of pounds to spend abroad so can’t be that bad

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Comments?"

A brexit benefit for exports

over a year ago

"£1 is worth more than 1€

£1 is worth more than $1

Can't be that bad then. "

There was a time it was worth $2 and over €1.50. Anyway just do what the government does and party like it 2099.

over a year ago

Get your cash out of the banks, while you can.

By *ustintime69Man
over a year ago

Bristol

£1 is worth more than $1

Can't be that bad then. "

12 per cent down on pre-brexit value

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

£1 is worth more than $1

Can't be that bad then.

There was a time it was worth $2 and over €1.50. Anyway just do what the government does and party like it 2099."

yet I can also remember a time when it was 1.01 and we were in the eu then so don’t really see your point

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

[Removed by poster at 05/06/22 13:44:05]

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"12 per cent down on pre-brexit value"

The value on 31st January 2020 was 1.1901. Today's value is 1.1651. I make that a 2.1% decrease since Brexit.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

£1 is worth more than $1

Can't be that bad then.

12 per cent down on pre-brexit value"

That would depend on exactly which date you want to cherry pick.

Just after the 2008 crash (long before Brexit was even thought of) it was almost one to one with the Euro. So from then it's showing quite a healthy gain.

over a year ago

£1 is worth more than $1

Can't be that bad then.

12 per cent down on pre-brexit value

That would depend on exactly which date you want to cherry pick.

Just after the 2008 crash (long before Brexit was even thought of) it was almost one to one with the Euro. So from then it's showing quite a healthy gain."

What was it in 2016 before the referendum?

over a year ago

£1 is worth more than $1

Can't be that bad then.

There was a time it was worth $2 and over €1.50. Anyway just do what the government does and party like it 2099.yet I can also remember a time when it was 1.01 and we were in the eu then so don’t really see your point "

The pound to Euro has averaged 1.33

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"What was it in 2016 before the referendum? "

Yesterday the GBPEUR rate was 1.1694.

On 23rd June 2016 (the day of the referendum) it was at 1.3039. Sterling today is down 10.32% since then.

On 8th April 2016 (the day campaigning started) it was at 1.2366. Sterling today is down 5.43% since then.

On 23rd March 2020 (2 months after the actual Brexit date) it was at 1.0681. Sterling today is up 9.48% since then.

On 30th December 2008 (definitely pre-brexit) it was at 1.0200. Sterling today is up 13.96% since then.

over a year ago

The UK, being a net importer of goods (which include food), is always better off with a stronger pound.

Predictions also suggest that, apart from Russia, the UK is likely to have the lowest growth of any major country next year (New Statesman) and the highest inflation figures in comparison with other G7 countries until the end of 2024 (Financial Times).

The value of the pound reflects the perception of how well the UK is doing in the Grand scheme of things.

Blame this on the war with Russia, Covid (which was reputedly tackled better than any other country in the World with vaccines, vaccines and vaccines) or whatever you like.

Or simply deny it and stick your head in the sand as a lot of people appear to be doing.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"The pound to Euro has averaged 1.33"

Over what period?

over a year ago

"The pound to Euro has averaged 1.33

Over what period?"

Since it was introduced in 2002

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"The pound to Euro has averaged 1.33"

"Over what period?"

"Since it was introduced in 2002 "

I downloaded the exchange rate data from macrotrends.net, and the average between 2002 and yesterday came out to 1.2522. The minimum value was 1.0263, and the maximum was 1.6453.

If you include the years when it was 'ghosting', between 1999 and 2002, the average comes out to 1.2852.

Where did you get your figure from?

over a year ago

"The pound to Euro has averaged 1.33

Over what period?

Since it was introduced in 2002

I downloaded the exchange rate data from macrotrends.net, and the average between 2002 and yesterday came out to 1.2522. The minimum value was 1.0263, and the maximum was 1.6453.

If you include the years when it was 'ghosting', between 1999 and 2002, the average comes out to 1.2852.

Where did you get your figure from?"

OFX, tbh it is 1.31 not 1.33

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"OFX, tbh it is 1.31 not 1.33"

The problem with quoting these sorts of numbers is that each bank or trading company has their own price. The numbers one person comes up with are unlikely to be the same as the ones used by the next guy.

But getting back to the point, that "12 per cent down on pre-brexit value" assertion is just not true, no matter which set of figures you use.

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It was 1.68 or something before the referendum then plunged after it was called for brexit, that is BS that is reality kicking people in the balls and hard.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"It was 1.68 or something before the referendum then plunged after it was called for brexit ..."

As stated above, the Bank of England figures show that the GBPEUR rate was at 1.3039 on the day of the referendum. It fell to 1.2254 on the day after. That's a 6.02% drop.

over a year ago

"It was 1.68 or something before the referendum then plunged after it was called for brexit ...

As stated above, the Bank of England figures show that the GBPEUR rate was at 1.3039 on the day of the referendum. It fell to 1.2254 on the day after. That's a 6.02% drop."

And it’s currently at 1.17,

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Wonder what Mr lobster is eating now "

Love to hear from that person now.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"It was 1.68 or something before the referendum then plunged after it was called for brexit ...

As stated above, the Bank of England figures show that the GBPEUR rate was at 1.3039 on the day of the referendum. It fell to 1.2254 on the day after. That's a 6.02% drop."

You can’t actually use the date of the referendum to get a fair picture as the pound was being bet against so dropping before the vote.

To get a true comparison you have to take the date at least a year before to be fair.

You also need to take into account the pound was slightly over valued anyway so we can apportion some of the drop to that but the drop from 2015 to 2022 is a lot more than 6% .

What’s also interesting in the pound of 2015 would be worth £1.18 today .

https://www.in2013dollars.com/uk/inflation/2015

The link does not include the inflationary pressures right now which are further weakening the true value of the pound today. Add to this the world markets losing faith and not only does Sunak have a problem . We all do,

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"You can’t actually use the date of the referendum to get a fair picture as the pound was being bet against so dropping before the vote."

Actually, in the month before the referendum the pound was consistently rising.

"To get a true comparison you have to take the date at least a year before to be fair."

2008 at least a year before, and sterling is well up from that point.

But I agree with what I think was the jist of your post, which is that it's impossible to get an accurate figure for what Brexit did to exchange rates due to too many other factors influencing the figures.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"You can’t actually use the date of the referendum to get a fair picture as the pound was being bet against so dropping before the vote.

Actually, in the month before the referendum the pound was consistently rising.

To get a true comparison you have to take the date at least a year before to be fair.

2008 at least a year before, and sterling is well up from that point.

But I agree with what I think was the jist of your post, which is that it's impossible to get an accurate figure for what Brexit did to exchange rates due to too many other factors influencing the figures."

The point was it was well above 6% as a lot of the drop was already built in but not as dramatic as some have claimed due to market profiteering behaviour before hand and afterwards.

The important bit also is it’s devalued 20% which is not good . Against the dollar it has performed even worse.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

The pound to dollar ratio before Brexit was 1.50

The Euro 1.30-140 depending on your choice of day.

The pound is now worth $1.20 and €1.16

Why when when all countries been through the pandemic is that? Boris says good management of he economy has been happening for 10 years and we have a robust economy. Despite the debt factor ssshhh

What is so bad about the U.K. that the money markets are losing faith? It’s not a labour issue as 10 years of Tory control. We’ve got rid of those foreigners taking our jobs, we’ve got customs controls to aid our exports.

Wages have lost against inflation so it’s not that people are paid too much. I’m puzzled why it’s so bad. Maybe it’s the weather.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"The pound to dollar ratio before Brexit was 1.50

Why when when all countries been through the pandemic is that? Boris says good management of he economy has been happening for 10 years and we have a robust economy. Despite the debt factor ssshhh

What is so bad about the U.K. that the money markets are losing faith? It’s not a labour issue as 10 years of Tory control. We’ve got rid of those foreigners taking our jobs, we’ve got customs controls to aid our exports.

Wages have lost against inflation so it’s not that people are paid too much. I’m puzzled why it’s so bad. Maybe it’s the weather. "

Or maybe as you well know its the growth forecast the money men invest where they will make money its no different with the currency exchange.

By *ayturners turn hayMan
over a year ago

Wellingborugh

Wages have lost against inflation so it’s not that people are paid too much. I’m puzzled why it’s so bad. Maybe it’s the weather. "

. I do not think many people will be losing too much sleep about exchange rates . It is simply a question of swings and roundabouts. Any company exporting goods will not be in a hurry to see the £ strengthening nor will any pensioners whose funds are invested in non UK based shares.

I have yet to see many , if any , companies issuing profit warnings. Dividend end payments are close to an all time high.

If anyone is genuinely concerned another the economy the biggest and probably the only major problem we face is energy costs . Everything else pales into insignificance. When I first heard about the rise in the cost of gas it sent a chill down my spine . This is not project fear, it is a serious and real problem.

I cannot see too many home owners complaining about currency movements , they have done exceptionally well in the last ten years, interest rates at an all time low and house prices at an all time high . Whilst this creates problems for generation rent , homeowners will not be too bothered.

It looks like they Conservatives have done a pretty good job over the last ten years . However there is still a lot more to do . A good start would be to abolish part of the human rights act and withdraw any financial support for lawyers .

Let's ignore the merchants of doom and gloom and build on the success of the UK. Just look at how many people can afford £3 cups of coffee .

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Wages have lost against inflation so it’s not that people are paid too much. I’m puzzled why it’s so bad. Maybe it’s the weather. Or maybe as you well know its the growth forecast the money men invest where they will make money its no different with the currency exchange."

Yes they can see the U.K. is a bad one to invest too.. it’s piling up isn’t it. The pound would be rising if they were investing here or speculating on the currency. Profit creating is one thing but this appears to be sticking.

As a net importer the U.K. is hurting even more with a weak pound . So not only are people worse off due to inflation the pound in their pocket is worth less too.

Now we’re forecast to perform the worst apart from Russia in the G20.

There is no good news here. Tax take is down due to Jess people working. GDP dropping for two months now .

Is there anything that a Government supporter will admit is bad ? To blindly defend is not rational or sensible. It’s our government who are failing us all. I take this out of partisan politics and say we are in trouble and there doesn’t appear to be a plan. I m not interested in what starmer would or wouldn’t do he’s not in government. Boris and Co are.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

A lot of pensions have dropped 8% to 10% too. If you're the sort who checks your pension regularly you'll know what I mean.

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

Comments?"

Well, you could argue it still has a paddle.

I think, what we really need to know, is who the Daily Mail blames for the poor performance of sterling.

Then we will know it's the opposite of that.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Wages have lost against inflation so it’s not that people are paid too much. I’m puzzled why it’s so bad. Maybe it’s the weather. Or maybe as you well know its the growth forecast the money men invest where they will make money its no different with the currency exchange.

Yes they can see the U.K. is a bad one to invest too.. it’s piling up isn’t it. The pound would be rising if they were investing here or speculating on the currency. Profit creating is one thing but this appears to be sticking.

As a net importer the U.K. is hurting even more with a weak pound . So not only are people worse off due to inflation the pound in their pocket is worth less too.

There is no good news here. Tax take is down due to Jess people working. GDP dropping for two months now .

Is there anything that a Government supporter will admit is bad ? To blindly defend is not rational or sensible. It’s our government who are failing us all. I take this out of partisan politics and say we are in trouble and there doesn’t appear to be a plan. I m not interested in what starmer would or wouldn’t do he’s not in government. Boris and Co are.

"

well again i have to disagree investment in the uk tech sector is 2nd only to the USA this year.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-tech-sector-appears-to-be-thriving-despite-economic-concerns-12633176

A net importer is of course worse off with a weaker £ but a net exporter is better.

As for less people working there are a record number of jobs at the moment so i would put that down to corona virus and expect that to rise as the world gets back to normal.

As for forecasts i think with the way the world is at the moment no one can predict anything just go back a year or so and look at the forecasts for this year.

Until the fuel crisis is sorted the whole world is in for a very turbulent time im afraid and things are only going to get worse where ever you live.

over a year ago

Wages have lost against inflation so it’s not that people are paid too much. I’m puzzled why it’s so bad. Maybe it’s the weather. Or maybe as you well know its the growth forecast the money men invest where they will make money its no different with the currency exchange.

well again i have to disagree investment in the uk tech sector is 2nd only to the USA this year.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-tech-sector-appears-to-be-thriving-despite-economic-concerns-12633176

A net importer is of course worse off with a weaker £ but a net exporter is better.

As for less people working there are a record number of jobs at the moment so i would put that down to corona virus and expect that to rise as the world gets back to normal.

As for forecasts i think with the way the world is at the moment no one can predict anything just go back a year or so and look at the forecasts for this year.

Until the fuel crisis is sorted the whole world is in for a very turbulent time im afraid and things are only going to get worse where ever you live."

Have to agree with you Costa

I have invested in one of the Scottish Golf tournaments this year and they tell me that this years total investments are at record levels so just proves that Global Britain is leading the World.

No point in letting facts get in the way of a good story eh?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Until the fuel crisis is sorted the whole world is in for a very turbulent time im afraid and things are only going to get worse where ever you live.

Have to agree with you Costa

I have invested in one of the Scottish Golf tournaments this year and they tell me that this years total investments are at record levels so just proves that Global Britain is leading the World.

No point in letting facts get in the way of a good story eh?"

Care to elaborate? your post makes no sense to me.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Until the fuel crisis is sorted the whole world is in for a very turbulent time im afraid and things are only going to get worse where ever you live."

Yes I remember reading about the bigger battery factories going abroad and the university research groups stopping here. Look at the drop off of our motor industry investment. Even with large subsidies it’s not looking good.

The U.K. is a net importer so you agree that is bad! Good we agree that’s a negative for the economy.

There are record numbers of people leaving work . There are record numbers of vacancies in fact more than there are unemployed so that’s a big problem as we are losing GDP and tax.

There are less people working than before the pandemic and everyone is at normal pace now so no the pandemic isn’t stopping people work there are just less of them. Where have they gone?

People say wages have gone up because those Europeans aren’t here. Well there was a shortage of labour before and it’s even worse now but wages are rising at less than half the rate of inflation so the supply and demand doesn’t seem to be helping those fewer workers with better wages does it.

I agree fuel is affecting us badly but why is it affecting us worse than everyone except Russia who are at war and under sanctions? What is it that’s making us so much worse off ? Why is the pound weakening against the dollar and the euro. The US and Europe had the pandemic and Europe has much worse fuel issues and yet our economy can’t even keep up with them.

What is it that’s so special to make the U.K. perform by far the worse In the G20?

New uplands are not there and not in sight even with a very powerful telescope. We can’t even keep level and in fact are shrinking our economy further. Why ? Who’s in charge? What are they doing?

They are persecuting asylum seekers and fighting for big dog. Then writing off billions in PPE . Furlough , bond interest losses.

How’s that helping our economy?

Boris never ever has a plan . He is a reactive leader and doesn’t understand the detail needed to get this country moving forward. He and his sycophantic clique need to go. The tories need to put sone adults back at the helm.

over a year ago

Yes I remember reading about the bigger battery factories going abroad and the university research groups stopping here. Look at the drop off of our motor industry investment. Even with large subsidies it’s not looking good.

The U.K. is a net importer so you agree that is bad! Good we agree that’s a negative for the economy.

There are record numbers of people leaving work . There are record numbers of vacancies in fact more than there are unemployed so that’s a big problem as we are losing GDP and tax.

There are less people working than before the pandemic and everyone is at normal pace now so no the pandemic isn’t stopping people work there are just less of them. Where have they gone?

People say wages have gone up because those Europeans aren’t here. Well there was a shortage of labour before and it’s even worse now but wages are rising at less than half the rate of inflation so the supply and demand doesn’t seem to be helping those fewer workers with better wages does it.

I agree fuel is affecting us badly but why is it affecting us worse than everyone except Russia who are at war and under sanctions? What is it that’s making us so much worse off ? Why is the pound weakening against the dollar and the euro. The US and Europe had the pandemic and Europe has much worse fuel issues and yet our economy can’t even keep up with them.

What is it that’s so special to make the U.K. perform by far the worse In the G20?

New uplands are not there and not in sight even with a very powerful telescope. We can’t even keep level and in fact are shrinking our economy further. Why ? Who’s in charge? What are they doing?

They are persecuting asylum seekers and fighting for big dog. Then writing off billions in PPE . Furlough , bond interest losses.

Boris never ever has a plan . He is a reactive leader and doesn’t understand the detail needed to get this country moving forward. He and his sycophantic clique need to go. The tories need to put sone adults back at the helm.

"

Spot on Jackal but unfortunately wasted here.

The party faithfully only hear what they want to hear and continue to follow the pied piper...

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Spot on Jackal but unfortunately wasted here.

The party faithfully only hear what they want to hear and continue to follow the pied piper..."

I’m desperate for the tories to replace the current cabinet and not even thinking about another election. This lot are not capable.

The Bank of England have upped interest rates to try and stem the price rises . That’s usually used when the economy is over heating and prices are rising due to demand but in this case prices are rising due to import costs and added costs not people fighting over the latest barbie doll.

People are buying less without interest rates being used shown by the reduction in growth so the increase in interest is mainly aimed at propping up the pound not cooling an already damp economy.

With years of low interest rates the bank know will struggle to help. It was the only real tool they had after the financial crisis hit. The bank printed extra money at the request of Boris and Sunak which despite the offsets on bonds was still bad for the pound and weakens it’s perceived strength. The only option is growth and with Boris that’s not happening. Business has no faith in him. He has to go.

A re-set is needed and soon or the underlying damage will be have a permanent drag effect.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Extraordinary stat via WATO: in 2008, when oil prices peaked at $144/barrel, no one in Britain paid more than 120p per litre of petrol. Today, oil price is $113 but pump prices 186p litre. Difference is collapse in sterling from $2 to $1.20. Welcome to the Brexit.

Post new Message to Thread