Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

The Only Way Is Up!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

No not Yazz…. Sadly.

Inflation. What are you seeing reported, announced or simply observing?

BT up 9% soon.

Energy already up double digits and set to go up again by 1/3 or more in April.

Going to hammer a lot of household budgets!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

"No not Yazz…. Sadly.

BT up 9% soon.

Going to hammer a lot of household budgets! "

Tighten the belts time. Cut down the fags and beers (and blow?)...not the first time it's happened and won't be the last

By *eanoCoolMan
over a year ago

wisbech

"No not Yazz…. Sadly.

BT up 9% soon.

Going to hammer a lot of household budgets! "

Its going to hammer household budgets across the world, inflation is rising like mad in so many countries, i was having this discussion with my sales guy in Germany earlier as its been rising fast there too, its going to be a tough few years for many I think.

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

"No not Yazz…. Sadly.

BT up 9% soon.

Its going to hammer household budgets across the world, inflation is rising like mad in so many countries, i was having this discussion with my sales guy in Germany earlier as its been rising fast there too, its going to be a tough few years for many I think. "

And? It's not a new phenomenon

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"No not Yazz…. Sadly.

BT up 9% soon.

Its going to hammer household budgets across the world, inflation is rising like mad in so many countries, i was having this discussion with my sales guy in Germany earlier as its been rising fast there too, its going to be a tough few years for many I think.

And? It's not a new phenomenon"

It is’t. But it has not been this high with a sustained outlook for a generation. All in the game. Bus as any game winners and losers.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

If you want to beat inflation put your money in used lego, believe it or not it's value rises 11% annually, outperforming gold stocks and bonds.

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"If you want to beat inflation put your money in used lego, believe it or not it's value rises 11% annually, outperforming gold stocks and bonds.

"

Lego for the win!

By *eanoCoolMan
over a year ago

wisbech

[Removed by poster at 21/01/22 00:45:15]

By *eanoCoolMan
over a year ago

wisbech

"No not Yazz…. Sadly.

BT up 9% soon.

And? It's not a new phenomenon"

No its not. Its been this high before and probably will again. It does not change the fact its going to be a tough time for many people though.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is the biggest cash transfer from the poor to the rich in history, all the major companies have announced massive profits, but instead of putting a windfall tax on these companies, we are the ones who are taxed.

By *uninlondon69Man
over a year ago

Lewisham

And it's taken a campaigner like Jack Monroe to nail the lie that the cost of living is only rising by 5%.

The thread posted on twitter a couple of days ago is incredible and shows the real struggles that people go through, and that "eating or heating" is a genuine and horrific dilemma for millions - remember that the next time your local MP thinks posing with a can of beans (45% price increase in 12 months) in the food bank he/she caused is a good idea.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

I think that there will be a serious cost of living emergency crisis in the coming months. People on low incomes are really going to face some extremely difficult decisions.

Yes, it may well be bad enough now - but I think it is going to get significantly worse - for a lot more people than is being acknowledged.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have experience of supporting others especially the homeless, I try to prevent homelessness as it shouldn't exist in this country, our politicians are so proud of.

Frankly we are living in victorian conditions, that's if you earn a certain income, failing housing and housing conditions, no new homes for those who depend on benefits, having to choose between heat and food is not new its an issue the poorest families have faced for decades.

The lie that the homeless where housed is a lie, I saw people gather in halls who had to sleep on the floor and then kicked out during the day.

there is so much more to tell but it would close the thread.

this situation is not new it has come out now due to the pandemic, and the transfer of wealth was so huge, more of us are required to pay the shortfall back.

who was it who sung the song, if you tolerate this then your children will be next.

and for context my old friend rents properties, before the pandemic he drove a 5 year old mere' now he drives a Porsche.

Post new Message to Thread