Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Labour Reshuffle - Judged

Jump to newest

By *bernath OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

A shift to the centre ground and preparing for a General Election, this is far better than the disaster which was the previous reshuffle, conflicting reports on whether Angela Rayner knew or didn’t know about it.

It was due though considering the reshuffle the PM did, so not really unexpected.

SKS clearly looking to rebuild the party after the Corbyn years.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Some big hitters now on the front bench, Yvetter Cooper and David Lammy.

Nice to see Wes Streeting get a promotion. He always speaks well.

By *ave 42Man
over a year ago

pontefract

Yvette Cooper a big hitter don’t make me laugh her constituents hate her,she’ll be gone come the next GE

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Yvette Cooper a big hitter don’t make me laugh her constituents hate her,she’ll be gone come the next GE"

Another red wall seat going blue!

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

"Yvette Cooper a big hitter don’t make me laugh her constituents hate her,she’ll be gone come the next GE"

That’s quite a sweeping statement! What is your source for that or do you personally know all her constituents?

I don’t know the truth of that statement either way. All I do know (from watching how Cooper handles any committees she is involved with) is she is pretty formidable and knows her stuff. ie a competent MP!

By *ave 42Man
over a year ago

pontefract

She only just managed to keep her seat at the last GE.People haven’t forgotten what she did to try and stop Brexit and she very rarely shows her face around here anymore.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"A shift to the centre ground and preparing for a General Election, this is far better than the disaster which was the previous reshuffle, conflicting reports on whether Angela Rayner knew or didn’t know about it.

It was due though considering the reshuffle the PM did, so not really unexpected.

SKS clearly looking to rebuild the party after the Corbyn years."

It's nice to see David Lammy as shadow justic. He's not afraid to speak his mind.

Most of the rest of them aren't that inspiring to be honest.

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

"Yvette Cooper a big hitter don’t make me laugh her constituents hate her,she’ll be gone come the next GE

Another red wall seat going blue! "

Not based on the current figures

By *bernath OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"She only just managed to keep her seat at the last GE.People haven’t forgotten what she did to try and stop Brexit and she very rarely shows her face around here anymore."

No, get the facts straight, it’s was a private members bill to stop a No Deal Brexit which was won in 312 to 311 in 2019 and was made law.

People should be thanking her and other MP’s for stopping the worst excesses of the ERG if we went down WTO rules.

But you are right her majority is less than 2,000, I think though after what has happened with this current government's record and the continued failings of this government its upto the people of pontefract to Judge who should go her or this incompetent government, so which one are the people of her constituency more unhappy with? Buffoon Boris, corruption in the tory ranks, u turns and lies about levelling up the North, or someone who tried to get a deal on Brexit, and it going put Priti Patel and her record as Home Secretary to task?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"She only just managed to keep her seat at the last GE.People haven’t forgotten what she did to try and stop Brexit and she very rarely shows her face around here anymore."

Might be due to COVID

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

I still maintain that if constituency politics is real (it isn’t and party whips see to that) then an MP should have to be from the constituency they represent. Either born there or lived there for the past 5 years. They should also be requires to live there for a minimum amount of time per year AND have a set minimum number of hours spent with their constituents.

By *ulaMan
over a year ago

Hitchin

Just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I still maintain that if constituency politics is real (it isn’t and party whips see to that) then an MP should have to be from the constituency they represent. Either born there or lived there for the past 5 years. They should also be requires to live there for a minimum amount of time per year AND have a set minimum number of hours spent with their constituents."

Very sensible policy imho (mr)

Post new Message to Thread