Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Scott Benton MP

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Scott Benton, the Conservative MP for Blackpool South, has suggested three times in parliament that the only way that we (the UK) can fully take back control of our (the UK) immigration and asylum policy is by scrapping the ridiculous Human Rights Act.

Those are his actual words.

So effectively..

If we (the UK) reclassify migrants as sub-human then the HRA need not apply to them.

What kind of human calls Human Rights ridiculous?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

He did also say that he wants it replacing with our own Bill of Rights.

over a year ago

"He did also say that he wants it replacing with our own Bill of Rights. "

That, I never knew.

In doing so, how would someone applying for asylum be classed?

over a year ago

"He did also say that he wants it replacing with our own Bill of Rights. "

Could you point me in the direction of where he says that and how it would actually affect the rights of an asylum seeker as I have looked at his own Twitter feed and cannot find anything.

His last tweet that I can find that refers to scrapping the HRA is referenced in my link below

https://twitter.com/MigrationWatch/status/1464579770855747585?t=M3wy9P1mLPZBtGVkI4cT4Q&s=19

This also has a link to another reference detailing the various Rights and Acts but these references are dated 2017 although his actual tweet is dated today.

Although many will express doubts as to having any validity being as it is from Twitter, it is his own feed so surely it is correct.

Thank you in anticipation

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Scott Benton, the Conservative MP for Blackpool South, has suggested three times in parliament that the only way that we (the UK) can fully take back control of our (the UK) immigration and asylum policy is by scrapping the ridiculous Human Rights Act.

Those are his actual words.

So effectively..

If we (the UK) reclassify migrants as sub-human then the HRA need not apply to them.

What kind of human calls Human Rights ridiculous?"

for me quite a lot of the human rights bill needs changing not specifically on asylum but certainly needs looking at.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"He did also say that he wants it replacing with our own Bill of Rights.

Could you point me in the direction of where he says that and how it would actually affect the rights of an asylum seeker as I have looked at his own Twitter feed and cannot find anything.

His last tweet that I can find that refers to scrapping the HRA is referenced in my link below

https://twitter.com/MigrationWatch/status/1464579770855747585?t=M3wy9P1mLPZBtGVkI4cT4Q&s=19

This also has a link to another reference detailing the various Rights and Acts but these references are dated 2017 although his actual tweet is dated today.

Although many will express doubts as to having any validity being as it is from Twitter, it is his own feed so surely it is correct.

Thank you in anticipation "

Its on his facebook page.

He also asked a question to JRM at Commons Business questions this week, "on finding an alternative to the Human Rights Bill"

over a year ago

"

Its on his facebook page.

He also asked a question to JRM at Commons Business questions this week, "on finding an alternative to the Human Rights Bill" "

Thank you - found it.

My take on what he says is that it essentially dehumanises migrants but gives the UK a legal (within the UK) means of refusing to process them regardless of their rights as seen Internationally.

It is going to be interesting if this goes any further how that would be seen across the World.

It certainly would live up to the Brexit promise to stop migrants entering the UK.

I wonder how a motion like that would be viewed in the House of Lords?

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Drip drip drip, cut cut cut, the slow steady erosion of our (hard fought for/won over many years) rights. Classic fascist approach as endorsed by Adolf Hitler himself!

Human Rights

Workers Rights

Right to protest

Etc

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the human rights bill needs revisiting to beef up the inadequate rights that refugees coming to the uk currently have.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

It all starts with "you have no rights" other than what is written in the holy parchment of the human rights act or bill after starting statement. Dictators afford you your rights.

By *esusWeptMan
over a year ago

Rising Son, God's own County

[Removed by poster at 27/11/21 22:06:31]

over a year ago

"Drip drip drip, cut cut cut, the slow steady erosion of our (hard fought for/won over many years) rights. Classic fascist approach as endorsed by Adolf Hitler himself!

Human Rights

Workers Rights

Right to protest

Etc"

It is amusing (worrying) to note how often thin ends and alipoeeky slopes l are mentioned on threads about Austria and Singapore... But yet we've been having wedges laid (or tried to be laid) for the last four years here ... And at beat it's silence ...

over a year ago

*slippery. Wtf is alipoeeky autocorrect?

Post new Message to Thread