Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Party within a party

Jump to newest

By *or Fox Sake OP   Couple
over a year ago

Thornaby

Some of us are old enough to remember Kinnock moving against Militant, in one of the greatest pieces of political theatre I've ever seen.

We've seen Starmer do similar with the Corbynistas.

So why is Bozo Johnson scared to move against the ERG?

They are a party within a party.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Some of us are old enough to remember Kinnock moving against Militant, in one of the greatest pieces of political theatre I've ever seen.

They are a party within a party."

Because they are in charge , he is their puppet

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Some of us are old enough to remember Kinnock moving against Militant, in one of the greatest pieces of political theatre I've ever seen.

Because they are in charge , he is their puppet "

That's how I see it too. He is their man and in the top job so he has no reason to move against them. It's more likely they will move against him if things look bleak in the polls nearing the next General election

over a year ago

That's how I see it too. He is their man and in the top job so he has no reason to move against them. It's more likely they will move against him if things look bleak in the polls nearing the next General election"

The migrant crisis combined with his other fuckups will hasten any moves against him,

over a year ago

Thornaby

That's how I see it too. He is their man and in the top job so he has no reason to move against them. It's more likely they will move against him if things look bleak in the polls nearing the next General election"

already rumbling in the 1922 committee. Good job they have such a wealth of talent to draw on

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

That's how I see it too. He is their man and in the top job so he has no reason to move against them. It's more likely they will move against him if things look bleak in the polls nearing the next General election

The migrant crisis combined with his other fuckups will hasten any moves against him, "

Still clinging to your "he'll be out by Xmas" prediction?

over a year ago

The migrant crisis combined with his other fuckups will hasten any moves against him,

Still clinging to your "he'll be out by Xmas" prediction?"

Yeah, I am glad you hold my prediction in such high regard

over a year ago

That's how I see it too. He is their man and in the top job so he has no reason to move against them. It's more likely they will move against him if things look bleak in the polls nearing the next General election already rumbling in the 1922 committee. Good job they have such a wealth of talent to draw on "

yep and all still better than labore sorry nearly fell asleep

over a year ago

Thornaby

That's how I see it too. He is their man and in the top job so he has no reason to move against them. It's more likely they will move against him if things look bleak in the polls nearing the next General election already rumbling in the 1922 committee. Good job they have such a wealth of talent to draw on yep and all still better than labore sorry nearly fell asleep "

Dominic Raab, a man so dim it's scary or the weasel Gove

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

Yeah, I am glad you hold my prediction in such high regard "

I'm intrigued to see your reaction if it doesn't happen

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

I'm intrigued to see your reaction if it doesn't happen"

You seriously can’t see it happening sooner, rather than later?

The guy embarrasses himself and us as a nation far too often.

He is the new Ole Gunner Solsjkaer - it’s just a matter of time.

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

He is the new Ole Gunner Solsjkaer - it’s just a matter of time."

Xmas this year I believe was the prediction

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

There's 3 by-elections coming up, all in blue constituences.

If support remains steady, then BJ will fight on. Should the unthinkable happen and the Conservatives lose all 3, then that could be the catalyst for change.

over a year ago

Thornaby

"There's 3 by-elections coming up, all in blue constituences.

If support remains steady, then BJ will fight on. Should the unthinkable happen and the Conservatives lose all 3, then that could be the catalyst for change. "

If they lose all 3 he'll be toast. But they will replace the personality not the policies.

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"There's 3 by-elections coming up, all in blue constituences.

If support remains steady, then BJ will fight on. Should the unthinkable happen and the Conservatives lose all 3, then that could be the catalyst for change. "

Yes, when he is no longer a vote winner he is in trouble. There is an article on the BBC about Bexley election coming up. A traditional conservative seat but under serious threat this time around. I suppose if he does go the question is who replaces him. I think Gove may be in with a chance or maybe the other side of the party will manoeuvre a candidate into the top job

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

Devil you know and all that. Johnson was the “acceptable” face of proto-fascism who has pretty much achieved what was required of him (including convincing vast swathes of UK “working class” he is just like them, that he has their interests at heart and you could have a pint with him down the pub and have a laugh. Those waiting in the wings are far more insideous.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

"If they lose all 3 he'll be toast. But they will replace the personality not the policies. "

when he goes, the party will take the oppotunity to lurch further to the right whilst obfuscating the move with continued cheap talk of so called 'levelling up' which will never happen.

over a year ago

I'm intrigued to see your reaction if it doesn't happen"

I am really flattered that you care

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

I am really flattered that you care "

Lol 27 days

over a year ago

I am really flattered that you care

Lol 27 days "

I am glad your counting, it obviously means a lot to you

By *isandhers691127Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

He is the new Ole Gunner Solsjkaer - it’s just a matter of time."

I have BoZo's at the wheel, BoZo's at the wheel, stuck in my head now.

Post new Message to Thread