Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

What will sink Johnson in the end?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

His corruption? His lies? His women? His incompetence? The fallout from Brexit? The fallout from his handling of Covid? Tories getting pissed off at him?

There are so many things it could be at this point.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"His corruption? His lies? His women? His incompetence? The fallout from Brexit? The fallout from his handling of Covid? Tories getting pissed off at him?

There are so many things it could be at this point."

His haircut?

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Peppa Pig.

over a year ago

"Peppa Pig. "

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Michael Gove

over a year ago

"His corruption? His lies? His women? His incompetence? The fallout from Brexit? The fallout from his handling of Covid? Tories getting pissed off at him?

His controllers. The ones pulling the strings will decide when and how he faces the chop.

over a year ago

His controllers. The ones pulling the strings will decide when and how he faces the chop."

Firing squad ?

over a year ago

His controllers. The ones pulling the strings

will decide when and how he faces the chop.

Firing squad ? "

He might meet the same fate as the sitting member for Dunny-on-the-Wold....

accidentally and brutally cut his own head off whilst combing his hair

over a year ago

His controllers. The ones pulling the strings

will decide when and how he faces the chop.

Firing squad ?

He might meet the same fate as the sitting member for Dunny-on-the-Wold....

accidentally and brutally cut his own head off whilst combing his hair "

Ha, classic Blackadder, I need to re watch them, amazing comedy

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Boris wont be in charge for the next election he was there for one reason get brexit done nothing else.He also knows there is much more money to be made as an ex pm so i doubt if he even wants the job long term.

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

"Boris wont be in charge for the next election he was there for one reason get brexit done nothing else.He also knows there is much more money to be made as an ex pm so i doubt if he even wants the job long term."

I agree but the wife might have other ideas

over a year ago

"Peppa Pig. "

That would be hilarious. Even though he deserves to go for so many other things.

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

BoZo Johnson will go as and when Carry decides it.

She's allegedly not happy with the money he makes.

When he goes the blood letting in the Tory party will resemble a Quentin Tarrentino.

over a year ago

The irony is that Peppa Pig was probably just his dead cat of the day. An attempt to distract from the endless headlines about Tory sleaze and corruption. And to distract from Arcuri. And to distract from the Tories trying to fuck the NHS right now.

But the Peppa Pig speech was so shit and chaotic, it's led to people wondering if Johnson is well and sane. Hardly the best position for a PM who is already teetering on the edge among his own MPs and the voters.

over a year ago

"The irony is that Peppa Pig was probably just his dead cat of the day. An attempt to distract from the endless headlines about Tory sleaze and corruption. And to distract from Arcuri. And to distract from the Tories trying to fuck the NHS right now.

But the Peppa Pig speech was so shit and chaotic, it's led to people wondering if Johnson is well and sane. Hardly the best position for a PM who is already teetering on the edge among his own MPs and the voters."

He was pissed,

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Herne Bay

When he wins the next Election he’ll probably go then

over a year ago

"When he wins the next Election he’ll probably go then "

PMSL, that is hilarious

over a year ago

Herne Bay

"When he wins the next Election he’ll probably go then

PMSL, that is hilarious "

Really if he don’t quit or the Cons don’t force him out he’ll win the next Election , or you not suggesting that Labour will LOL

over a year ago

PMSL, that is hilarious Really if he don’t quit or the Cons don’t force him out he’ll win the next Election , or you not suggesting that Labour will LOL "

He will be long gone before the next GE, to think otherwise is hilarious

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

He will go when the voters decide or when the party feel like the voters have turned against him.

By *hybloke67Man
over a year ago

ROMFORD

PMSL, that is hilarious Really if he don’t quit or the Cons don’t force him out he’ll win the next Election , or you not suggesting that Labour will LOL

He will be long gone before the next GE, to think otherwise is hilarious "

You said he would be gone by Christmas 2020.! Pmsl

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

PMSL, that is hilarious Really if he don’t quit or the Cons don’t force him out he’ll win the next Election , or you not suggesting that Labour will LOL

You said he would be gone by Christmas 2020.! Pmsl "

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

You said he would be gone by Christmas 2020.! Pmsl "

no to be fair he did revise his predictions a couple of times when the deadline was getting close.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS
over a year ago

Notts

[Removed by poster at 23/11/21 19:46:48]

over a year ago

Notts

i can tell you what it wont be, the people on fabswingers making a noise into the big black hole of their ego

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

A good second flush.

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

You said he would be gone by Christmas 2020.! Pmsl no to be fair he did revise his predictions a couple of times when the deadline was getting close. "

I'm interested to see that he isn't responding to this

By *uck-RogersMan
over a year ago

Portland

"The irony is that Peppa Pig was probably just his dead cat of the day. An attempt to distract from the endless headlines about Tory sleaze and corruption. And to distract from Arcuri. And to distract from the Tories trying to fuck the NHS right now.

But the Peppa Pig speech was so shit and chaotic, it's led to people wondering if Johnson is well and sane. Hardly the best position for a PM who is already teetering on the edge among his own MPs and the voters."

Doris and Joe were about the first 2 people on the planet to catch and get the jab. Perhaps there is some truth in the delirium story.

By *ustagentMan
over a year ago

wa14

The ballot box simple

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

But the Peppa Pig speech was so shit and chaotic, it's led to people wondering if Johnson is well and sane. Hardly the best position for a PM who is already teetering on the edge among his own MPs and the voters.Doris and Joe were about the first 2 people on the planet to catch and get the jab. Perhaps there is some truth in the delirium story."

Trump had the vaccine and experimental treatment before then.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

Recklessly visiting a polling station on voting day and reclaiming your vote and casting it is the sort of thing that puts people in office of government.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

But the Peppa Pig speech was so shit and chaotic, it's led to people wondering if Johnson is well and sane. Hardly the best position for a PM who is already teetering on the edge among his own MPs and the voters.Doris and Joe were about the first 2 people on the planet to catch and get the jab. Perhaps there is some truth in the delirium story.

Trump had the vaccine and experimental treatment before then."

He has been in treatment for years for.. what the fuck is that on your head syndrome.

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 23/11/21 22:18:06]

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"...

He has been in treatment for years for.. what the fuck is that on your head syndrome. "

Strangely, unlike the Mullet the Beckham and other cult styles, nobody among the copycat public seems keen on sporting a 'Boris mop'.

over a year ago

Notts

"...

He has been in treatment for years for.. what the fuck is that on your head syndrome.

Strangely, unlike the Mullet the Beckham and other cult styles, nobody among the copycat public seems keen on sporting a 'Boris mop'."

Micheal mc intyre has same style

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"The ballot box simple"

over a year ago

You said he would be gone by Christmas 2020.! Pmsl no to be fair he did revise his predictions a couple of times when the deadline was getting close.

I'm interested to see that he isn't responding to this"

Give me time, I stick to my prediction, he will be gone by Xmas

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

You said he would be gone by Christmas 2020.! Pmsl no to be fair he did revise his predictions a couple of times when the deadline was getting close.

Give me time, I stick to my prediction, he will be gone by Xmas "

I disagree, tories need to get a backbone to do that. They are going to get us to ballot this, let the people bail them out of this, as usual.

over a year ago

I disagree, tories need to get a backbone to do that. They are going to get us to ballot this, let the people bail them out of this, as usual."

The tories are ruthless, Boris has become a laughing stock and is getting worse every week. Someone within the party will stab him in the back , my money is on Gove, again.

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

Give me time, I stick to my prediction, he will be gone by Xmas "

What year???

over a year ago

I disagree, tories need to get a backbone to do that. They are going to get us to ballot this, let the people bail them out of this, as usual."

Dunno about that. There are reports from papers across the spectrum that Tory MPs have started sending in letters of no confidence to try and trigger a leadership challenge.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Boris will be Prime Minister until the time that the Labour Party gets organised and looks like a party that is fit to govern.

So far it's almost 12 years and still counting.

over a year ago

What year???"

All I can say is it will definitely be before Xmas

over a year ago

"Boris will be Prime Minister until the time that the Labour Party gets organised and looks like a party that is fit to govern.

So far it's almost 12 years and still counting. "

You think the Tories are more fit to govern? After all the corruption? After all the Covid deaths? After all the lies?

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

In answer to the original question, what will sink BoZo, I'm pretty sure his penis will somehow be involved.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

"Boris will be Prime Minister until the time that the Labour Party gets organised and looks like a party that is fit to govern.

You think the Tories are more fit to govern? After all the corruption? After all the Covid deaths? After all the lies?"

We'll find out at the next election. It will still be difficult for Labour to turn around a huge deficit.

over a year ago

You think the Tories are more fit to govern? After all the corruption? After all the Covid deaths? After all the lies?

We'll find out at the next election. It will still be difficult for Labour to turn around a huge deficit. "

But what do you think?

over a year ago

We'll find out at the next election. It will still be difficult for Labour to turn around a huge deficit. "

It definitely will, they have a huge job on their hands, it’s probably a long way until the next GE though,

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

We'll find out at the next election. It will still be difficult for Labour to turn around a huge deficit.

But what do you think?"

You know what I think, you just want me to put it in writing so that you can come back to me.

Of course I think the Conservatives are fit to govern.

over a year ago

But what do you think?

You know what I think, you just want me to put it in writing so that you can come back to me.

Of course I think the Conservatives are fit to govern. "

This current conservative government?

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

But what do you think?

Of course I think the Conservatives are fit to govern. "

So a party that blatantly breaks it's election promises is fit to govern?

A party whose leader blatantly lies is fit to govern?

A party whose leader ignores the rules it sets is fit to govern?

Just wow.

over a year ago

But what do you think?

Just wow."

Don't forget all the corruption too. And all the Covid deaths. And, yup, wow.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

But what do you think?

Just wow.

Don't forget all the corruption too. And all the Covid deaths. And, yup, wow."

As I said wait until the next election and we'll see what happens. I doubt very much whether I'll be the only person voting Conservative.

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

But what do you think?

Just wow.

As I said wait until the next election and we'll see what happens. I doubt very much whether I'll be the only person voting Conservative. "

You won't be. The main problem is the FPTP system, which allows for the minority of people like you to get a government in power that the majority of us don't consent to.

It's fucked up. The majority of UK voters are utterly sick of this current shower; enabling them is not something that anyone rational, or with a shred of empathy or conscience would do.

But the system means they only have to convince about 40% of the potential voters - and not even in every seat - to buy their bullshit; and they're in power.

The sooner the UK becomes a democracy, the better.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

But what do you think?

Just wow.

As I said wait until the next election and we'll see what happens. I doubt very much whether I'll be the only person voting Conservative.

You won't be. The main problem is the FPTP system, which allows for the minority of people like you to get a government in power that the majority of us don't consent to.

It's fucked up. The majority of UK voters are utterly sick of this current shower; enabling them is not something that anyone rational, or with a shred of empathy or conscience would do.

But the system means they only have to convince about 40% of the potential voters - and not even in every seat - to buy their bullshit; and they're in power.

The sooner the UK becomes a democracy, the better."

Every party that looses moans complains about our voting system, I don't remember complaining about it when they were in government, in fact I believe they prefer FPTP.

All a party has to do is get 326 Mp's elected to win an election and that usually means they've received more votes than any other party.

I don't remember a time where the government didn't have less votes than the other parties added together.

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

In the light of the latest migrant tragedy, I would suggest if he gets a grip on this issue, whichever way you see the solution to be, added to the inevitable tax cuts that Rishi has pocketed, he'll stroll to victory in the next GE. Of course, conversely...

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

But what do you think?

Just wow.

Every party that looses moans complains about our voting system, I don't remember complaining about it when they were in government, in fact I believe they prefer FPTP.

All a party has to do is get 326 Mp's elected to win an election and that usually means they've received more votes than any other party.

I don't remember a time where the government didn't have less votes than the other parties added together. "

Which tells you all you need to know.

Why should a party with less than 50% of the votes have 100% of the power?

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

But what do you think?

Just wow.

I don't remember a time where the government didn't have less votes than the other parties added together.

Why should a party with less than 50% of the votes have 100% of the power?"

Unfortunately that's the system we have and to change it I guess you need to win power in the first place. Of course it does not help when the nearest competitor party gets even fewer votes to the winning party. I recall the lib dems wanted PR (I assume they still do) but not sure of Labour's position on it. Maybe they should promise a referendum on PR in the event they form a government

over a year ago

this post got me thinking about the demise/incompetence/inability of our political class in our country. Is there a plan in our country for the continuance of government?

No matter what end of the political spectrum you are some form of governance has to be in place.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

But what do you think?

Just wow.

Unfortunately that's the system we have and to change it I guess you need to win power in the first place. Of course it does not help when the nearest competitor party gets even fewer votes to the winning party. I recall the lib dems wanted PR (I assume they still do) but not sure of Labour's position on it. Maybe they should promise a referendum on PR in the event they form a government"

We had a PR referendum in 2011.

Only 6 million out of 46 million wanted a change.

Twice that number said no to change, and some 26 million couldn't care less and didn't vote.

over a year ago

I think he'll be shrewd enough to leave on a relatively high note.

Levelling up is a non starter slogan, stagflation will result in a double dip recession, relations with EU members is at an all time low. The home counties weren't enamoured with Brexit or Tory approach to local concerns. The south west was recently dumping shit on its doorstep. He broke through the red wall on slim margins due to TBP and fewer than 2,000 constituents in each constituency voting Conservative to Get Brexit Done. Whether on not Dementia Tax 2 and broken rail promises impacts that remains to be seen.

The global pandemic + Brexit will throw out problems the BoE can't predict (like how high inflation will go up and the global housing boom).The Patterson thing isn't the last sleazy own goal he'll score.

Obviously the mega money is in being a former PM. Plus he has his enemies within the party and others that simply want his job. Unless something disastrous happens, he'll win the next GE on a reduced majority and then get the hell away by 2026. Maybe Labour will surprise everybody by producing a hung parliament in a couple of years. Politics is very unpredictable thesedays.

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

But what do you think?

Just wow.

Unfortunately that's the system we have and to change it I guess you need to win power in the first place. Of course it does not help when the nearest competitor party gets even fewer votes to the winning party. I recall the lib dems wanted PR (I assume they still do) but not sure of Labour's position on it. Maybe they should promise a referendum on PR in the event they form a government

We had a PR referendum in 2011.

Only 6 million out of 46 million wanted a change.

Twice that number said no to change, and some 26 million couldn't care less and didn't vote. "

I think that was not for PR but AV instead. It was pushed for by the lib dems when they were in coalition government. They initially wanted a PR vote but in the end settled for AV instead. As you say that was rejected. I am not sure if we have ever had a PR referendum

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

The elite puppet string pullers

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

lots of factors in play that would potentially sink johnson ... not least the fact that he's begining to appear more and more mentally unwell. perhaps he should consider stepping down for his and his family's own good.

By *iberatedduoCouple
over a year ago

Ashbourne

"When he wins the next Election he’ll probably go then "

You’d have thought the country would have learnt its lesson by then.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

You’d have thought the country would have learnt its lesson by then. "

Depends if there is a decent opposition. Even now with all the issues the government are having, Labour has only pulled level in the polls. They should be at least 20 points ahead now.

That says the silent majority are still not impressed by the Labour Party.

over a year ago

Herne Bay

Depends if there is a decent opposition. Even now with all the issues the government are having, Labour has only pulled level in the polls. They should be at least 20 points ahead now.

That says the silent majority are still not impressed by the Labour Party. "

Apart from London hardly any one in southern England votes Labour , and doubt that will change , on social media you would think that the left is dominant in politics but GE results show that England is overwhelmingly on the Right

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

That says the silent majority are still not impressed by the Labour Party. Apart from London hardly any one in southern England votes Labour , and doubt that will change , on social media you would think that the left is dominant in politics but GE results show that England is overwhelmingly on the Right "

Hardly anyone other than the thousands that do.

over a year ago

Herne Bay

That says the silent majority are still not impressed by the Labour Party. Apart from London hardly any one in southern England votes Labour , and doubt that will change , on social media you would think that the left is dominant in politics but GE results show that England is overwhelmingly on the Right

Hardly anyone other than the thousands that do."

But not nearly enough in the south , those on the left don’t like to admit that southern England totally rejects Labour , just look at the blue seats in England,

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

That says the silent majority are still not impressed by the Labour Party. Apart from London hardly any one in southern England votes Labour , and doubt that will change , on social media you would think that the left is dominant in politics but GE results show that England is overwhelmingly on the Right

Hardly anyone other than the thousands that do. But not nearly enough in the south , those on the left don’t like to admit that southern England totally rejects Labour , just look at the blue seats in England, "

So you got it wrong.

over a year ago

Notts

johnson will be sunk by members on fab slagging him off ROFL

By *ristoltony40Man
over a year ago

bristol

An iceberg ?

By *ornyfuckers66Couple
over a year ago

fife

Ruth Davidson

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Hardly anyone other than the thousands that do. But not nearly enough in the south , those on the left don’t like to admit that southern England totally rejects Labour , just look at the blue seats in England, "

Not enough normally but the same was true for the conservatives in the north once with the red wall thing. I doubt they will repeat the same level of success at the next election but shows it is possible

Post new Message to Thread