Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

The end of cheap labour..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Long hours for low wages.. Was it all about exploitation of cheap foreign labour?

Ive done class 1 driving, moving Costa coffee disposable crap like coffee cups, straws etc., wouldn't it be better, instead of hauling disposable shite around the uk to use ceramic cups and if anyone wants to take away, bring your own fooking cups knife and fork, spoon? Free up drivers to deliver stuff thats really needed?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Long hours for low wages.. Was it all about exploitation of cheap foreign labour?

Ive done class 1 driving, moving Costa coffee disposable crap like coffee cups, straws etc., wouldn't it be better, instead of hauling disposable shite around the uk to use ceramic cups and if anyone wants to take away, bring your own fooking cups knife and fork, spoon? Free up drivers to deliver stuff thats really needed? "

Or better still pay British drivers a proper wage and treat them a whole lot better

You would then get plenty of people to do the job.

Too many companies take the piss and put a lot of pressure on lorry driver not allowing enough time for deliveries ect.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Ever since Eris the turtle put a straw up his nose and did an Instagram Picture I've been using my own Stainless Steel Straw. I already use the plastic life cup from Starbucks. And I have a life bottle for drinks. I don't eat take-away (yuk).

But truly, leaving all those fast food and take way things behind - while better for the environment - would lead to fewer jobs in the long run.

But it's coming regardless:

https://news.sky.com/story/plastic-cutlery-and-polystyrene-cups-could-be-banned-in-england-to-cut-waste-12392054

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Ever since Eris the turtle put a straw up his nose and did an Instagram Picture I've been using my own Stainless Steel Straw. I already use the plastic life cup from Starbucks. And I have a life bottle for drinks. I don't eat take-away (yuk).

But truly, leaving all those fast food and take way things behind - while better for the environment - would lead to fewer jobs in the long run.

But it's coming regardless:

https://news.sky.com/story/plastic-cutlery-and-polystyrene-cups-could-be-banned-in-england-to-cut-waste-12392054

"

Bamboo cutlery rolling out which can't be bad, or can it?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

I suppose it depends on the factory processes used to create it and the transport used to ship it.

I assume it won't last as long as Stainless Steel in the whole life cycle. In fact, it will split naturally over time.

I go fell-walking quite a bit and the cutlery I use is heavy-duty plastic. I have been using it for four years or more.

All these things have been out there since forever. It's our choice to use it or not when all said and done. And it saves a lot of money not having to buy it over and over and over again.

People are lazy mostly - they will be told to use it or be forced to use it. Until then, they will just plod along doing the same old same old.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS
over a year ago

Notts

Pasties were made so you dont need cutlery.... as were cup a soups

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Pasties were made so you dont need cutlery.... as were cup a soups "

lol

Vanilla Slices too lol