Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Lord Frost...

Jump to newest

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

Having been given a seat in the House of Lords as a reward for negotiating An “oven ready” Brexit deal, Lord Frost is today appealing to the EU for “flexibility” to change said deal.

Will we ever get out of these never-ending spats with the EU?

What exactly is oven-ready if you have to keep putting it back in the oven every five minutes?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Twice cooked chips are lovely

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Having been given a seat in the House of Lords as a reward for negotiating An “oven ready” Brexit deal, Lord Frost is today appealing to the EU for “flexibility” to change said deal.

What exactly is oven-ready if you have to keep putting it back in the oven every five minutes?"

Hopefully there's brinkmanship and bluff going on, and a deal gets sorted, otherwise bojo will look a bafoon

over a year ago

"Having been given a seat in the House of Lords as a reward for negotiating An “oven ready” Brexit deal, Lord Frost is today appealing to the EU for “flexibility” to change said deal.

What exactly is oven-ready if you have to keep putting it back in the oven every five minutes?

Hopefully there's brinkmanship and bluff going on, and a deal gets sorted, otherwise bojo will look a bafoon "

Can we send him back to Hartlepool then &

Say he is a french spy ?

over a year ago

Hopefully there's brinkmanship and bluff going on, and a deal gets sorted, otherwise bojo will look a bafoon

Say he is a french spy ? "

Oh sorry hed need to be a baboon

Angus the Monkey anyone ?

By *rench letterCouple
over a year ago

Chorley,

Hopefully there's brinkmanship and bluff going on, and a deal gets sorted, otherwise bojo will look a bafoon "

Johnson is a bafoon.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Say he is a french spy ?

Angus the Monkey anyone ?"

H’Angus

over a year ago

Say he is a french spy ?

Angus the Monkey anyone ?

H’Angus "

I know but living in London i drop me H' aitches

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

So despite the pressure, Johnson seems adamant to completely ignore the U.K. obligations that he and Frost negotiated and (again) break international law.

How many Brexiters can still they support a Prime Minister who has negotiated a deal and six months down the road wants to change it? You all praised him for getting the deal, laughed when he prorogued Parliament, got angry at NP’s who wanted to scrutinise the deal… And here we are, six months into Brexit and it is time to start blaming the EU for something we negotiated.

Truly, truly bind bogglingly incompetent and yet cheered on by millions because he is so shit.

What a time to be alive.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

"So despite the pressure, Johnson seems adamant to completely ignore the U.K. obligations that he and Frost negotiated and (again) break international law.

How many Brexiters can still they support a Prime Minister who has negotiated a deal and six months down the road wants to change it? You all praised him for getting the deal, laughed when he prorogued Parliament, got angry at NP’s who wanted to scrutinise the deal… And here we are, six months into Brexit and it is time to start blaming the EU for something we negotiated.

Truly, truly bind bogglingly incompetent and yet cheered on by millions because he is so shit.

What a time to be alive."

These are purely administrative issues of literally zero consequence to producers or consumers. Nobody has lost anything, despite the best efforts of some of your crew to constantly talk the country down.

By *ilkysmooth123Man
over a year ago

nr sedbergh

"So despite the pressure, Johnson seems adamant to completely ignore the U.K. obligations that he and Frost negotiated and (again) break international law.

What a time to be alive.

"

Ever dawned on you that the " millions" cheering him on might be right and the handful of people on a sex site that constantly piss and moan about everything and anything he does might be in the wrong?

Crazy thought eh?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What a time to be alive.

Ever dawned on you that the " millions" cheering him on might be right and the handful of people on a sex site that constantly piss and moan about everything and anything he does might be in the wrong?

Crazy thought eh?"

What are you basing that on exactly?

His litany of achievements?

By *ilkysmooth123Man
over a year ago

nr sedbergh

What a time to be alive.

Crazy thought eh?

His litany of achievements?"

Well lionel, lets look at this statement should we? I mean Mayor of london,Prime minister of the uk.Theres two , would you like to counter with two of your biggest achievments which gives you the bragging rites here?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What a time to be alive.

Crazy thought eh?

Well lionel, lets look at this statement should we? I mean Mayor of london,Prime minister of the uk.Theres two , would you like to counter with two of your biggest achievments which gives you the bragging rites here?

"

Erm.. you realise I'm not running the country?

Are they achievements?

Surely it's what you do in the role that counts?

It cant be too hard...what are his say,5 biggest achievements as pm?

By *ilkysmooth123Man
over a year ago

nr sedbergh

What a time to be alive.

Crazy thought eh?

Are they achievements?

It cant be too hard...what are his say,5 biggest achievements as pm?"

Of course youre not running the country lionel.What a silly thing to say and an obvious effort to deflect from the question i asked.You dont consider being mayor of london or prime minister as an achievement?You must have achieved great things.

Go on Lionel , i asked you first, your two big achievments in life?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What a time to be alive.

Crazy thought eh?

Are they achievements?

Of course youre not running the country lionel.What a silly thing to say and an obvious effort to deflect from the question i asked.You dont consider being mayor of london or prime minister as an achievement?You must have achieved great things.

Go on Lionel , i asked you first, your two big achievments in life?"

Sorry

Just to clarify.. when I've asked you to list the best achievements of the person running the country..your best response is to say to a random lad on a forum

Well what have you done?

Have I got that right,?

By *ilkysmooth123Man
over a year ago

nr sedbergh

What a time to be alive.

Crazy thought eh?

Are they achievements?

Sorry

Just to clarify.. when I've asked you to list the best achievements of the person running the country..your best response is to say to a random lad on a forum

Well what have you done?

Have I got that right,?"

Another effort at deflection which is your MO.Go back and read my first post in this thread and your reply lionel.

Boris aint no saint , far from it.No politician is.But to say he hasnt achieved anything,indeed becoming mayor of london and prime minister arnt in themselves achievements is a little silly.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What a time to be alive.

Crazy thought eh?

Are they achievements?

Sorry

Well what have you done?

Have I got that right,?

Another effort at deflection which is your MO.Go back and read my first post in this thread and your reply lionel.

Boris aint no saint , far from it.No politician is.But to say he hasnt achieved anything,indeed becoming mayor of london and prime minister arnt in themselves achievements is a little silly. "

I asked you what his greatest achievements where?

You asked me to list mine

I asked you to clarify if this was your argument as and this deflection?

Riiight.

I'll say again..its what do in your job that counts.. and you seem to be struggling to name 1 achievement..never Mind 5.

By *ilkysmooth123Man
over a year ago

nr sedbergh

What a time to be alive.

Crazy thought eh?

Are they achievements?

Sorry

Well what have you done?

Have I got that right,?

Boris aint no saint , far from it.No politician is.But to say he hasnt achieved anything,indeed becoming mayor of london and prime minister arnt in themselves achievements is a little silly.

Riiight.

I'll say again..its what do in your job that counts.. and you seem to be struggling to name 1 achievement..never Mind 5.

"

You refuse to answer my question yet get pissy when i dont answer yours.Yep.Classic.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

What a time to be alive.

These are purely administrative issues of literally zero consequence to producers or consumers. Nobody has lost anything, despite the best efforts of some of your crew to constantly talk the country down. "

May I draw your attention to real costs incurred by M&S . They are one of number of companies who are paying for Boris’ incompetence .

Admin issue PMSL

You’re comments are completely ignorant of facts.

Boris is still threatening not to implement the deal “HE” agreed for Northern Ireland six months later.

He has no intention of implementing the border deal between U.K. and France/ Netherlands/Belgium/ Sweden /Denmark until at least 2022. Thats costing U.K. business as it’s favouring imports over U.K. manufacturers exports.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What a time to be alive.

Crazy thought eh?

Are they achievements?

Sorry

Well what have you done?

Have I got that right,?

Riiight.

You refuse to answer my question yet get pissy when i dont answer yours.Yep.Classic.

"

Indeed.

The achievements of mine are completely relevant to a discussion about the pm

Outstanding

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

Lord Frost yesterday...

"..It's different negotiating as a member state, as it is negotiating with the EU asa third party

..We hadn't fully internalised that difference"

Staggering

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Lord Frost yesterday...

"..It's different negotiating as a member state, as it is negotiating with the EU asa third party

Staggering"

I blame covid

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering"

So basically he had no idea what platform he was negotiating from and had no idea what we needed to resolve. Cluster fuck of incompetence on an epic scale. The EU must have been laughing as they signed the deal thinking how useless this lot are. Real heavyweight politicians against our schoolyard leaders! Tragic for the. UK

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

So basically he had no idea what platform he was negotiating from and had no idea what we needed to resolve. Cluster fuck of incompetence on an epic scale. The EU must have been laughing as they signed the deal thinking how useless this lot are. Real heavyweight politicians against our schoolyard leaders! Tragic for the. UK"

I think he's just made the point I have thought all along. We should have left without negotiating a deal. Then and only then, should we have gone to the table. Far easier to negotiate from outside than within.

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

So basically he had no idea what platform he was negotiating from and had no idea what we needed to resolve. Cluster fuck of incompetence on an epic scale. The EU must have been laughing as they signed the deal thinking how useless this lot are. Real heavyweight politicians against our schoolyard leaders! Tragic for the. UK

I think he's just made the point I have thought all along. We should have left without negotiating a deal. Then and only then, should we have gone to the table. Far easier to negotiate from outside than within."

You have actually got that completely the wrong way round.

He is complaining now about how much harder it is negotiate as an outsider because we have nothing new to offer.

This was said as nauseum during the negotiating process and only now does the Chief Negotiator realise this.

And the said David Davies was thick.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

What makes me laugh (not in a good way), is all these "as a 3rd party" regulations we are stumbling up against.

We were actually party to putting most of them in place whilst members. You'd think the government might have remembered that.

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

I think he's just made the point I have thought all along. We should have left without negotiating a deal. Then and only then, should we have gone to the table. Far easier to negotiate from outside than within.

He is complaining now about how much harder it is negotiate as an outsider because we have nothing new to offer.

This was said as nauseum during the negotiating process and only now does the Chief Negotiator realise this.

And the said David Davies was thick."

I haven't got it wrong at all. That's what I think.

We didn't negotiate a trade deal, we negotiated a political deal on leaving the EU. If we had left on WTO rules as we had threatened, not putting a barrier between the the Republic and N.I. as suggested, leaving that for the EU to do if they wished, once outside, then we could have negotiated a trade deal with the EU, even if several years down the line.

The problems come by negotiating a political deal on leaving with trade attached.

Trade deals with any country are always revisited. It's not a big deal, just part of ongoing trade with other countries.

The only people making it a big deal, are the loud minority as usual because they hate being wrong!

Anyone who thought that the benefits would shine through in a few months of leaving are deluding themselves. It may take several years, but we will be better off out. Anyone that doesn't think a pandemic would have an effect on the economy and blames it on Brexit is also delusional.

Although of course, all the usual suspects will appear from their caves and tell me I'm wrong.

But that's the point of a discussion.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

We didn't negotiate a trade deal, we negotiated a political deal on leaving the EU. If we had left on WTO rules as we had threatened, not putting a barrier between the the Republic and N.I. as suggested, leaving that for the EU to do if they wished, once outside, then we could have negotiated a trade deal with the EU, even if several years down the line.

The problems come by negotiating a political deal on leaving with trade attached.

Trade deals with any country are always revisited. It's not a big deal, just part of ongoing trade with other countries.

The only people making it a big deal, are the loud minority as usual because they hate being wrong!

Anyone who thought that the benefits would shine through in a few months of leaving are deluding themselves. It may take several years, but we will be better off out. Anyone that doesn't think a pandemic would have an effect on the economy and blames it on Brexit is also delusional.

Although of course, all the usual suspects will appear from their caves and tell me I'm wrong.

But that's the point of a discussion. "

How does covid affect how we negotiated how to leave?

They were telling us what a great deal it was a few short months ago.

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

They were telling us what a great deal it was a few short months ago."

Along comes Lionel, doing his usual by asking a question that isn't relevant.

Where did I say covid affected the deal?

A question answered with a question.

I'm beginning to get the hang of this forum.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"What makes me laugh (not in a good way), is all these "as a 3rd party" regulations we are stumbling up against.

We were actually party to putting most of them in place whilst members. You'd think the government might have remembered that."

They will say that’s a previous administrations fault!! Maybe they should have read a bit more and done some homework instead of bluster and bullshit around sunny uplands!!

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

I'm beginning to get the hang of this forum. "

Ah sorry you had me confused then

In a thread about what lord Frost has said re negotiations you referenced covid,but covid is now,according to you nothing to do with the discussion

Gotcha

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

In a thread about what lord Frost has said re negotiations you referenced covid,but covid is now,according to you nothing to do with the discussion

Gotcha

"

Sorry to confuse you. Just doing what others do. I was discussing Brexit as others were. Were the negotiations being discussed in this thread not about Brexit? Therefore I discussed the thread and the wider issues. Not difficult to understand. But as I seem to be getting drawn into the usual rhetoric, rather than actually discussing the thread and it's wider issues, which if you actually read what I wrote you would see why it's relevant.

Funny you talk about whataboutary when the discussion gets away from you or goes in a way you disagree with, but you seem quite happy to derail a thread by irrelevant questions.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

Gotcha

Sorry to confuse you. Just doing what others do. I was discussing Brexit as others were. Were the negotiations being discussed in this thread not about Brexit? Therefore I discussed the thread and the wider issues. Not difficult to understand. But as I seem to be getting drawn into the usual rhetoric, rather than actually discussing the thread and it's wider issues, which if you actually read what I wrote you would see why it's relevant.

Funny you talk about whataboutary when the discussion gets away from you or goes in a way you disagree with, but you seem quite happy to derail a thread by irrelevant questions."

Ok..so to clarify.. why did lord Frost not realise the difference?

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

Gotcha

Funny you talk about whataboutary when the discussion gets away from you or goes in a way you disagree with, but you seem quite happy to derail a thread by irrelevant questions.

Ok..so to clarify.. why did lord Frost not realise the difference?"

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

Gotcha

Funny you talk about whataboutary when the discussion gets away from you or goes in a way you disagree with, but you seem quite happy to derail a thread by irrelevant questions."

Nothing new there then.

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

Gotcha

Funny you talk about whataboutary when the discussion gets away from you or goes in a way you disagree with, but you seem quite happy to derail a thread by irrelevant questions.Nothing new there then. "

It really isn't worth trying to have a discussion, is it?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Superb

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 23/06/21 15:40:05]

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

Gotcha

Funny you talk about whataboutary when the discussion gets away from you or goes in a way you disagree with, but you seem quite happy to derail a thread by irrelevant questions.Nothing new there then.

It really isn't worth trying to have a discussion, is it? "

Thats why i dont bother anymore it just turns into kinder garden playtime

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

Gotcha

Funny you talk about whataboutary when the discussion gets away from you or goes in a way you disagree with, but you seem quite happy to derail a thread by irrelevant questions.Nothing new there then.

It really isn't worth trying to have a discussion, is it? Thats why i dont bother anymore it just turns into kinder garden playtime "

Totally agree with you, Costa. Always does. Then when it truly goes against them, they get you blocked!

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

Gotcha

It really isn't worth trying to have a discussion, is it? Thats why i dont bother anymore it just turns into kinder garden playtime

Totally agree with you, Costa. Always does. Then when it truly goes against them, they get you blocked! "

You realise only mods get you blocked dont you?

Anyone well done for keeping the thread on track

Spiffing stuff

over a year ago

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

Gotcha

It really isn't worth trying to have a discussion, is it? Thats why i dont bother anymore it just turns into kinder garden playtime

Totally agree with you, Costa. Always does. Then when it truly goes against them, they get you blocked! "

Or they say 'I've blocked you now, please don't engage with my posts'

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

The irony of complaining about whatabouttery and deflection and then whinging about other posters is too much.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Lord Frost yesterday...

Staggering

Gotcha

Totally agree with you, Costa. Always does. Then when it truly goes against them, they get you blocked!

Or they say 'I've blocked you now, please don't engage with my posts' "

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

"

But that's the point of a discussion. "

You can "think" what you like, but it simply was never possible for the UK to leave on WTO Terms because of the Good Friday Agreement.

Under International Law, a country that is changing its laws and such a change impacts the status quo of an existing international agreement, the moving country is bound to mitigate the effects on the international agreement.

In other words, the UK was not able by law to enable Northern Ireland to walk away from the GFA with the United Kingdom and stick two fingers up at the EU and say - your border, your problem.

Aside from that mere blip of inaccuracy in your suggestion, we can then think about what is happening on the UK/EU border right now with UK exports having quite literally fallen off a cliff because the EU is imposing the conditions of the Trade Agreement that it now has with the EU. The UK is not imposing conditions for now and so UK imports have only been affected minimally.(At least the Government are choosing not to impose shortages on us - for now lol)

So knowing as we do, that exports have fallen off a cliff (with a deal)and that out own Government is too scared to impose the same restrictions that it negotiated on imports - what do you think might have been the result of ...

"Going WTO?"

Just think rationally about it.

By *ammskiMan
over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"

You can "think" what you like, but it simply was never possible for the UK to leave on WTO Terms because of the Good Friday Agreement.

Under International Law, a country that is changing its laws and such a change impacts the status quo of an existing international agreement, the moving country is bound to mitigate the effects on the international agreement.

In other words, the UK was not able by law to enable Northern Ireland to walk away from the GFA with the United Kingdom and stick two fingers up at the EU and say - your border, your problem.

Aside from that mere blip of inaccuracy in your suggestion, we can then think about what is happening on the UK/EU border right now with UK exports having quite literally fallen off a cliff because the EU is imposing the conditions of the Trade Agreement that it now has with the EU. The UK is not imposing conditions for now and so UK imports have only been affected minimally.(At least the Government are choosing not to impose shortages on us - for now lol)

So knowing as we do, that exports have fallen off a cliff (with a deal)and that out own Government is too scared to impose the same restrictions that it negotiated on imports - what do you think might have been the result of ...

"Going WTO?"

Just think rationally about it."

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"

"Going WTO?"

Just think rationally about it."

I have. Leaving on WTO rules, then negotiate a trade deal. Not negotiate a political way to leave the EU with a trade deal on the side.

It rather seems as if you believe the EU on the gfa. I don't remember the EU being anywhere around when it was being negotiated. It was/is being used by the EU as a political pawn. Nobody is suggesting the gfa is broken other than the EU. And when push comes to shove who tried to break the agreement? It wasn't the UK.

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

"

I have. Leaving on WTO rules, then negotiate a trade deal. Not negotiate a political way to leave the EU with a trade deal on the side.

It rather seems as if you believe the EU on the gfa. I don't remember the EU being anywhere around when it was being negotiated. It was/is being used by the EU as a political pawn. Nobody is suggesting the gfa is broken other than the EU. And when push comes to shove who tried to break the agreement? It wasn't the UK."

The GFA MANDATES an open and frictionless border on the island of Ireland and all citizens of N. Ireland can choose to have an Irish passport, or a British passport - or both.

Leaving on WTO rules puts a defacto border on the island of Ireland and therefore it would have been the responsibility of the UK to still maintain the application of the International Agreement, irrespective of what it decided to do nationally.

With respect, the "WTO" argument was always a complete nonsense story fed to people to keep them distracted.

Politically, legally and economically it would have been so catastrophic as to be not even considered to be a non-starter - because it could not be squared with the GFA... Just for starters.

Ask yourself - if it were so great an option why have we ended up with Boris' great deal?? Negotiated by the great Lord Frost and cheered on hysterically be leading Brexters? This is shit, but even they know that "WTO" would have been at the bottom of a pile of shit 1,000 feet deep.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/06/21 18:07:25]

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"

It rather seems as if you believe the EU on the gfa. I don't remember the EU being anywhere around when it was being negotiated. It was/is being used by the EU as a political pawn. Nobody is suggesting the gfa is broken other than the EU. And when push comes to shove who tried to break the agreement? It wasn't the UK.

The GFA MANDATES an open and frictionless border on the island of Ireland and all citizens of N. Ireland can choose to have an Irish passport, or a British passport - or both.

Leaving on WTO rules puts a defacto border on the island of Ireland and therefore it would have been the responsibility of the UK to still maintain the application of the International Agreement, irrespective of what it decided to do nationally.

With respect, the "WTO" argument was always a complete nonsense story fed to people to keep them distracted.

Politically, legally and economically it would have been so catastrophic as to be not even considered to be a non-starter - because it could not be squared with the GFA... Just for starters.

Ask yourself - if it were so great an option why have we ended up with Boris' great deal?? Negotiated by the great Lord Frost and cheered on hysterically be leading Brexters? This is shit, but even they know that "WTO" would have been at the bottom of a pile of shit 1,000 feet deep."

I agree with you, Boris deal was crap. It was a politically motivated deal on both sides not a trade deal. To get a deal we should have left with no deal. The gfa never had to be broken. Nobody wanted to break it. Gibraltar.

over a year ago

"

"Going WTO?"

Just think rationally about it.

It rather seems as if you believe the EU on the gfa. I don't remember the EU being anywhere around when it was being negotiated. It was/is being used by the EU as a political pawn. Nobody is suggesting the gfa is broken other than the EU. And when push comes to shove who tried to break the agreement? It wasn't the UK."

Well actually it was the Uk breaking

Terms & Conditions of the Belfast Agreement .

Leaving the EU meant that the Belfast Agreement ( GFA )

Was broken . Whatever way you look at it ,

Thats the end result .

over a year ago

"The irony of complaining about whatabouttery and deflection and then whinging about other posters is too much.

"

I might ‘flounce off’ in protest

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"The irony of complaining about whatabouttery and deflection and then whinging about other posters is too much.

I might ‘flounce off’ in protest "

You won't be missed.

over a year ago

You won't be missed."

Can you stop replying to my posts please, you have been told numerous times

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

"

Ask yourself - if it were so great an option why have we ended up with Boris' great deal?? Negotiated by the great Lord Frost and cheered on hysterically be leading Brexters? This is shit, but even they know that "WTO" would have been at the bottom of a pile of shit 1,000 feet deep.

I agree with you, Boris deal was crap. It was a politically motivated deal on both sides not a trade deal. To get a deal we should have left with no deal. The gfa never had to be broken. Nobody wanted to break it. Gibraltar."

Reading the news today it seems that the ROI are not happy with it either. Another fisherman protest as they had their quotas reduced by the deal.

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

"

I agree with you, Boris deal was crap. It was a politically motivated deal on both sides not a trade deal. To get a deal we should have left with no deal. The gfa never had to be broken. Nobody wanted to break it. Gibraltar."

Seriously?

Don’t you know Gibraltar’s legal status?

The post-Brexit agreement between the U.K., EU and Gibraltar means that Gibraltar will wholly follow EU Customs and Single Market rules and is now part of Shenghen. The result of which is that the border between Gibraltar and Spain is more fluid than it ever has been in history.

Setting the U.K. on a different course to the EU by default puts a border between the U.K. and the EU in N Ireland. That breaks the GFA and that breaks international law.

It’s not even a point of discussion - it is a fact.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

I might ‘flounce off’ in protest "

And then come back

over a year ago

And then come back

"

Of course, when you flounce you have to make a big deal about leaving, throw a few insults, sulk then obviously come back , standard flouncing procedure

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

over a year ago

"

I agree with you, Boris deal was crap. It was a politically motivated deal on both sides not a trade deal. To get a deal we should have left with no deal. The gfa never had to be broken. Nobody wanted to break it. Gibraltar.

Seriously?

Don’t you know Gibraltar’s legal status?

The post-Brexit agreement between the U.K., EU and Gibraltar means that Gibraltar will wholly follow EU Customs and Single Market rules and is now part of Shenghen. The result of which is that the border between Gibraltar and Spain is more fluid than it ever has been in history.

Setting the U.K. on a different course to the EU by default puts a border between the U.K. and the EU in N Ireland. That breaks the GFA and that breaks international law.

It’s not even a point of discussion - it is a fact."

A round of applause please everyone .

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

A reasonable time to resurrect this thread considering that Frost and Lewis released a “Command Paper” yesterday arguing that the protocol needs re-negotiating. The “command paper” was summarily dismissed by the EU barely three hours later.

The United Kingdom negotiated the Brexit deal and N Ireland protocol in good faith and it will not be renegotiated because the United Kingdom did not realise it’s implications.

over a year ago

"A reasonable time to resurrect this thread considering that Frost and Lewis released a “Command Paper” yesterday arguing that the protocol needs re-negotiating. The “command paper” was summarily dismissed by the EU barely three hours later.

The United Kingdom negotiated the Brexit deal and N Ireland protocol in good faith and it will not be renegotiated because the United Kingdom did not realise it’s implications."

What a mess, all very predictable, so, Brexit hasn’t been done

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

"A reasonable time to resurrect this thread considering that Frost and Lewis released a “Command Paper” yesterday arguing that the protocol needs re-negotiating. The “command paper” was summarily dismissed by the EU barely three hours later.

The United Kingdom negotiated the Brexit deal and N Ireland protocol in good faith and it will not be renegotiated because the United Kingdom did not realise it’s implications.

"

It's quite a stunning combination of arrogance and stupidity by Frost, who is supposed to be a diplomat!

(obviously signed off by PM and Cabinet, but he's the lead on this)

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Presumably the current empty shelves in shops are absolutely nothing to do with Brexit?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9096997/amp/Boris-Johnson-hail-new-chapter-British-history-day-historic-Brexit-deal-vote.html

By *rench letterCouple
over a year ago

Chorley,

It's quite a stunning combination of arrogance and stupidity by Frost, who is supposed to be a diplomat!

(obviously signed off by PM and Cabinet, but he's the lead on this) "

All if this conservative cabinet not got a brain between them. Good job they are not running a bit business operation.

By *rench letterCouple
over a year ago

Chorley,

He dosent need to look like one he his one.

over a year ago

He dosent need to look like one he his one. "

I doubt Boris has read or understood what he signed up for,

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-cost-leaving-eu-18billion-lost-trade-uk-eu-brussels-b947138.html

#winning

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

Good time to resurrect this as Lord Frost reaches new levels of buffoonery this evening in Lisbon.

Dear God the guy is nothing more than an entitled nincampoop.

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

In short, tories - we agree so we can “get brexit done” but really we had our fingers crossed behind our back.

How can anyone take this government seriously when we have these jokers at the helm?

Incompetence squared.

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

"These are purely administrative issues of literally zero consequence to producers or consumers. Nobody has lost anything, despite the best efforts of some of your crew to constantly talk the country down."

You don't live in N. Ireland, do you?

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

What exactly is oven-ready if you have to keep putting it back in the oven every five minutes?"

Here's his latest on the NI Ireland Protocol. Good luck getting the USA's approval on this bollocks; never mind the EU's.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-58881855

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

He’s resigned.

Who is going to carry the Brexit campaign into the heart of Brussels now?

Liz Truss?

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?"

Who has resigned? Frost?

over a year ago

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?

Who has resigned? Frost?"

apparently so. Possibly due to approach on covid rather than NIP related.

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?

Who has resigned? Frost?apparently so. Possibly due to approach on covid rather than NIP related. "

I'm not seeing this being reported anywhere?

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?

Who has resigned? Frost?apparently so. Possibly due to approach on covid rather than NIP related.

I'm not seeing this being reported anywhere?"

My apologies...found it!

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?

Who has resigned? Frost?apparently so. Possibly due to approach on covid rather than NIP related. "

That is the official line though was never sure if he is upset that A16 was not invoked or that it was being threatened

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

Unelected bureaucrat

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Now that the unelected bureaucrat is no longer negotiating our oven ready deal will he remain as an unelected bureaucrat in The House of Lords. ???

over a year ago

So, Frosty the No-Man has resigned.

Quite a shock.

The man who negotiated the Brexit deal and told everyone that it was the beat thing since sliced bread.

The same man who threatened to invoke Article 16 twice every week for the last six months.

The man who was appointed to the House of Lords as a reward for his work in negotiating that same oven ready deal.

...and the man who was appointed to negotiate with the EU to change what he then told everyone was a deal that should never have been brokered.

Yes...that unelected beaurocratic.

Lord Frost.

I wonder what will happen next in this rollercoaster Brexit adventure...

So much fun and suspense...

over a year ago

Since Frost has gone, does that mean we've had an early thaw this season?

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?"

Who knows? If you need to know how detached from reality he is, read his resignation letter to Boris.

It's actually quite disturbing how unaware he is of the real world outside the 'Tory Bubble' - and, perhaps even more worrying, he's not alone.

Still, if even the voters of North Shropshire can wake up and smell the coffee; perhaps there's hope.

LOL - only kidding. Of course there isn't.

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?

Who knows? If you need to know how detached from reality he is, read his resignation letter to Boris.

It's actually quite disturbing how unaware he is of the real world outside the 'Tory Bubble' - and, perhaps even more worrying, he's not alone.

Still, if even the voters of North Shropshire can wake up and smell the coffee; perhaps there's hope.

LOL - only kidding. Of course there isn't."

That letter really is disturbing to read, “delusional” is probably an understatement.

How do people who are so unaware of what is going on in the real world get to such positions of power and authority?

By *illynmintCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

A mate told me he was totally pissed off at not being invited to any off the Christmas Parties last year. He loves a good piss up and this was the final insult ! I'm off he said

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

It seems somehow fitting that the copy of the response letter from Boris on the government website is scanned "on the piss".

over a year ago

Lord Frost reportedly furious with the terms of his resignation after negotiating them himself.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

surprising the unelected bureaucrat wasn't gotten rid of sooner. he achieved an absolute nothing during his tenure aside from an enormous amount of damage to the country.

judging from the ERG what's app group arguement and the accompanying twitterstorm, the conservative party is more divided than ever, despite deploying a referendum on europe in a disasterous attempt to hoodwink the public into judging a popularity contest to decide which of the many factions would sieze control of institutionaly corrupt conservative unionism.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

"

How do people who are so unaware of what is going on in the real world get to such positions of power and authority?"

tory corruption and tory nepotism

over a year ago

What a shit show, rats leaving a sinking ship

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

hopefully someone new can sort out an acceptable deal for N Ireland trade

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

far right cancel culture sees a corrupt far right nadine dorries canceled from the ERG what's app group by the corrupt far right steven baker.

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

"

How do people who are so unaware of what is going on in the real world get to such positions of power and authority?

tory corruption and tory nepotism"

It is their world we live in you do realise that.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"

tory corruption and tory nepotism

It is their world we live in you do realise that. "

hardly anyone realises that

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

yeah right

By *oo hot OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?"

Shit I said this as probably the stupidest and most unlikely outcome.

Fuck Me….

What could possibly go wrong now lol

over a year ago

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?

Fuck Me….

What could possibly go wrong now lol"

hahahahahahaha

over a year ago

Putting Truss in charge of Brexit negotiations feels like a tactical demolition by Johnson.

As mad as it is, she's been rumoured as our possible next PM. But Brexit negotiation is a political graveyard.

over a year ago

"He’s resigned.

Liz Truss?

Fuck Me….

What could possibly go wrong now lol

hahahahahahaha"

The thing is, why do we still need a ‘Brexit negotiator’ ? Brexit is done, apparently

By *ony 2016Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

The oven ready deal appears to have de-frosted

Post new Message to Thread