Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Standardisation

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Nice to see the Tory Nationalist party introducing id cards to bring the UK in line with the rest of Europe.

Perhaps someone should point out however that it is too late to rejoin the EU.

That boat sailed a long time ago.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

As did the result of Brexit.

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Nobody I talk has it ever crossed their minds to rejoin.

Good trolling though, as always.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Nice to see the Tory Nationalist party introducing id cards to bring the UK in line with the rest of Europe.

"

It’s actually too early to re join the EURO, it took Farage and his crew of Brexit maniacs over 30 years of crying, moaning, obstructing, whining to get a referendum. These things take time,

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

We never ever used the EURO (now 1.17). So we wouldn't ever be 'rejoining' it.

over a year ago

"Nice to see the Tory Nationalist party introducing id cards to bring the UK in line with the rest of Europe.

It’s actually too early to re join the EURO, it took Farage and his crew of Brexit maniacs over 30 years of crying, moaning, obstructing, whining to get a referendum. These things take time, "

*the EU

over a year ago

It’s actually too early to re join the EURO, it took Farage and his crew of Brexit maniacs over 30 years of crying, moaning, obstructing, whining to get a referendum. These things take time, "

Agreed - I really don't understand why the Tory Nationalist Party is introducing these id cards if it is not to be compatible with "our friends in the EU"...

Silly really

over a year ago

It’s actually too early to re join the EURO, it took Farage and his crew of Brexit maniacs over 30 years of crying, moaning, obstructing, whining to get a referendum. These things take time,

Agreed - I really don't understand why the Tory Nationalist Party is introducing these id cards if it is not to be compatible with "our friends in the EU"...

Silly really"

Very silly, maybe somebody on here can give another reason?

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

If you are referring to the need to produce ID when voting then several types are accepted including your driving license. It is an excellent idea.

As for ID cards, why not? Most people carry some sort of ID anyway so an ID card is good if it s out those who shouldn't be here. Biggest problem is the (any) governments' record on delivering and securing IT projects.

over a year ago

Silly really

Very silly, maybe somebody on here can give another reason? "

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"

When are you going to get in your head the people of the uk rejected the eu and have no intentions of coming back.

By *renzMan
over a year ago

I.D. cards were first mooted during the 80's, which I had and have no objection to.

There was so much uproar at the time, civil liberties etc the plan was shelved. I wonder if the general public would now go for them? I guess those wanting to go abroad for holidays, if the information on it included vaccine status, I guess it may well be greeted differently.

I thought it a good idea back in the 80's and have no problem with it now. Do I think the government are copying the EU? No, as I say it's been discussed many times before.

over a year ago

"I.D. cards were first mooted during the 80's, which I had and have no objection to.

There was so much uproar at the time, civil liberties etc the plan was shelved. I wonder if the general public would now go for them? I guess those wanting to go abroad for holidays, if the information on it included vaccine status, I guess it may well be greeted differently.

I thought it a good idea back in the 80's and have no problem with it now. Do I think the government are copying the EU? No, as I say it's been discussed many times before."

Well said and good to see a sensible and polite response on here.

over a year ago

When are you going to get in your head the people of the uk rejected the eu and have no intentions of coming back. "

It’s early days, if we want to rejoin then we will need 30 years of crying, moaning, whining & obstruction. Tbh, I don’t the EU would have us back now, we have been a hindrance , they can thrive faster without the UK

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

When are you going to get in your head the people of the uk rejected the eu and have no intentions of coming back.

It’s early days, if we want to rejoin then we will need 30 years of crying, moaning, whining & obstruction. "

Only 25 years to go then. You've already done 5.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"I.D. cards were first mooted during the 80's, which I had and have no objection to.

I thought it a good idea back in the 80's and have no problem with it now. Do I think the government are copying the EU? No, as I say it's been discussed many times before."

Plus we are ID'd every single second of the day with your phone, your bank account, you Credit Card, your store card, your parking meter, ANPR cameras 9000 of them photographing 30 million plates a day.

When was the last time you went on a foreign holiday without a passport? Never.

People who look younger or similar to age 21 are ID'd to buy a sharp implement in shops or 16 for Cigs or 18 for Booze.

It's really a silly argument to pretend that somehow you are anonymous when you walk down the high-street.

By *eanoCoolMan
over a year ago

wisbech

It’s early days, if we want to rejoin then we will need 30 years of crying, moaning, whining & obstruction. Tbh, I don’t the EU would have us back now, we have been a hindrance , they can thrive faster without the UK "

Check out there latest growth figures and you will see many EU countries are not thriving at all at the minute, many are doing worse than the UK, they might achieve there goal of a the united States of Europe faster without us holding them bk though.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

It’s early days, if we want to rejoin then we will need 30 years of crying, moaning, whining & obstruction. Tbh, I don’t the EU would have us back now, we have been a hindrance , they can thrive faster without the UK

Check out there latest growth figures and you will see many EU countries are not thriving at all at the minute, many are doing worse than the UK, they might achieve there goal of a the united States of Europe faster without us holding them bk though."

There is just no telling them however lol. It will click eventually.

over a year ago

Check out there latest growth figures and you will see many EU countries are not thriving at all at the minute, many are doing worse than the UK, they might achieve there goal of a the united States of Europe faster without us holding them bk though."

Which countries? Obviously the EU is a large number of countries of different sizes , wealth etc. How do we compare with Germany ? (Similar population, size, wealth etc as the UK ) ?

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

Oh Dear.

Germany have 16million more people than the UK.

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Oh Dear.

Germany have 16million more people than the UK. "

And roughly 1.5 bigger!

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Oh Dear.

And roughly 1.5 bigger!"

Yeah but apart from being bigger having more people

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

What have the Germans ever done for us . . . lol . . . I have to watch that tonight now !!!

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Oh Dear.

And roughly 1.5 bigger! Yeah but apart from being bigger having more people "

Apart from that, they are very similar!

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Oh Dear.

And roughly 1.5 bigger! Yeah but apart from being bigger having more people

Apart from that, they are very similar! "

well speak a different language and use a different currency but apart from that .

over a year ago

"Oh Dear.

And roughly 1.5 bigger! Yeah but apart from being bigger having more people "

Tbh, I made a mistake, I must have been daft trying to compare the wealth and prestige of Germany with the UK, sorry if I have insulted any Germans .

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Oh Dear.

Apart from that, they are very similar! well speak a different language and use a different currency but apart from that . "

Apart from that, they are very similar!!

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

"Oh Dear.

Tbh, I made a mistake, I must have been daft trying to compare the wealth and prestige of Germany with the UK, sorry if I have insulted any Germans . "

Nope. You just made a mistake.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Oh Dear.

Tbh, I made a mistake, I must have been daft trying to compare the wealth and prestige of Germany with the UK, sorry if I have insulted any Germans .

Nope. You just made a mistake. "

Its only banter.

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Tony Blair wanted to bring in ID cards. I supported that idea then and I would now.

Perhaps those who objected to Tony Blair ID cards are now supportive because they would be Brexit Britain ID cards.

I mean... think of the opportunities to acist people who are not speaking English and demand to see their ID cards... It has all the hallmarks of proper wankfest for “true paytriots.”

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Well apparently there was one case of fraud in 2019 at a voting centre..

One whole case..

Estimated it will cost £20 million plus to bring this in..

Postal voting is worse but no plans to change that..

Voter suppression springs to mind..

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

We have ID cards anyway in some form anyway so a waste of money.

Have you lot heard of driving licences,mambership cards etc.

They have you registered from cradle to grave.

over a year ago

Silly really

Very silly, maybe somebody on here can give another reason? "

Quite simple explanation.. Its so a tory chum can be given tax payers money in a lucrative contract to rollout. Call me (dodgy) dave Cameron will be interested possibly?

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS
over a year ago

Notts

They also drive cars have haircuts and wank in Europe we better stop doing those things to lol

Post new Message to Thread