Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

France wants action

Jump to newest

By *uliaChris OP   Couple
over a year ago

westerham

“French fisherman blocked trucks trying to bring in catches from Britain at Boulogne-sur-Mer, France's busiest fishing hub, on Thursday. They argue the Brexit deal is a "sham" on access in place since Britain left the European Union on January 1. France claims the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) granted licences to only 22 of the 120 French boats seeking permission to fish between six and 12 nautical miles from the British coast.”

Ah diddums. Best if they don’t poke the bear with a stick.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"“French fisherman blocked trucks trying to bring in catches from Britain at Boulogne-sur-Mer, France's busiest fishing hub, on Thursday. They argue the Brexit deal is a "sham" on access in place since Britain left the European Union on January 1. France claims the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) granted licences to only 22 of the 120 French boats seeking permission to fish between six and 12 nautical miles from the British coast.”

"

Oh didums - and what are you going to do about it?

You hold all the cards - why would it matter what French fishermen do ?

Why not block Dover?

Fortunately the fantasy deal that has not been agreed yet with Australia will save you £18 on the wine you drink - why worry about French fishermen?

Old news but you need something to keep you fixated about what is happening in mainland Europe.

Welcome to the Empire where a few French fishermen can scare you.

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

"“French fisherman blocked trucks trying to bring in catches from Britain at Boulogne-sur-Mer, France's busiest fishing hub, on Thursday. They argue the Brexit deal is a "sham" on access in place since Britain left the European Union on January 1. France claims the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) granted licences to only 22 of the 120 French boats seeking permission to fish between six and 12 nautical miles from the British coast.”

"

The EU have said brexit is a failing of the EU and need to learn from it. The French fishermen need to be patient with the changes their leaders signed up to

over a year ago

Honestly if we wanted to read the Daily Express. We would go there.

Why do you keep copying and pasting shit from there in here?

over a year ago

"

Entitled, self important frogs should have been sunk years ago. We are far too tolerant of the bul shit of European nations that have been a problem historically and continue to be so.

over a year ago

westerham

"Honestly if we wanted to read the Daily Express. We would go there.

Why do you keep copying and pasting shit from there in here?"

It quotes the French directly... which part is not true in your mind?

over a year ago

Entitled, self important frogs should have been sunk years ago. We are far too tolerant of the bul shit of European nations that have been a problem historically and continue to be so. "

Some top notch xenophobia and confusion.

over a year ago

"Honestly if we wanted to read the Daily Express. We would go there.

Why do you keep copying and pasting shit from there in here?

It quotes the French directly... which part is not true in your mind?"

I don't want to read the Daily Express here, or on their webpage.

You're free to believe their propaganda. And I'm free to comment on you reposting their propaganda on here.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Entitled, self important frogs should have been sunk years ago. We are far too tolerant of the bul shit of European nations that have been a problem historically and continue to be so. "

Sun editorial?

over a year ago

Come on

Twice in one thread that media has been picked on yet again rather than the actual content.

I haven't read the media article/s on this but at least consider the content before dismissing because of the source. It really is quite pathetic.

over a year ago

"Come on

Twice in one thread that media has been picked on yet again rather than the actual content.

I haven't read the media article/s on this but at least consider the content before dismissing because of the source. It really is quite pathetic."

The content is irrelevant nonsense. The media is the interesting part here.

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Come on

I haven't read the media article/s on this but at least consider the content before dismissing because of the source. It really is quite pathetic."

I was thinking the very same thing. It's quite common on here people dismissing anything from a source they don't like. I would have thought if the story is true or not is important

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

It's quite telling the source of the story is the content here and not the racist comments.

Standard

over a year ago

"Come on

I haven't read the media article/s on this but at least consider the content before dismissing because of the source. It really is quite pathetic.

I was thinking the very same thing. It's quite common on here people dismissing anything from a source they don't like. I would have thought if the story is true or not is important"

Why can't we consider the sources? This is basic stuff. It's the daily express, a straight up propaganda rag, less informative than the Beano.

And you're attacking people for not blindly following what this news paper says.

All it does is promote propaganda, give half truths and misinformation.

If you want threads only for people who don't question propaganda. Maybe pop this in the OP, and it can be one big Daily Express appreciation love in.

over a year ago

Entitled, self important frogs should have been sunk years ago. We are far too tolerant of the bul shit of European nations that have been a problem historically and continue to be so.

Sun editorial?"

I think even the Sun has move beyond this kind of xenophobic language.

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Come on

I was thinking the very same thing. It's quite common on here people dismissing anything from a source they don't like. I would have thought if the story is true or not is important

Why can't we consider the sources? This is basic stuff. It's the daily express, a straight up propaganda rag, less informative than the Beano.

And you're attacking people for not blindly following what this news paper says.

If you want threads only for people who don't question propaganda. Maybe pop this in the OP, and it can be one big Daily Express appreciation love in. "

Where in my post do I attack people for not blindly following anything?. What I was saying is the story being true or false is important. If its true why does it matter who report's it. Is the story true or false?

over a year ago

"Come on

If you want threads only for people who don't question propaganda. Maybe pop this in the OP, and it can be one big Daily Express appreciation love in.

Where in my post do I attack people for not blindly following anything?. What I was saying is the story being true or false is important. If its true why does it matter who report's it. Is the story true or false?"

Okay "attacking" is to strong. But "speaking against" or some such would work.

Honestly this story as reported in the Express doesn't tell us anything. It's purely to reinforce the readerships prejudices and to hammer home their message that France/The EU/Remoaners are to blame for all the ills in the UK, specifically all the problems caused by brexit.

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Come on

Where in my post do I attack people for not blindly following anything?. What I was saying is the story being true or false is important. If its true why does it matter who report's it. Is the story true or false?

Honestly this story as reported in the Express doesn't tell us anything. It's purely to reinforce the readerships prejudices and to hammer home their message that France/The EU/Remoaners are to blame for all the ills in the UK, specifically all the problems caused by brexit. "

Which source would work for you? I see the story on sky, BBC, Reuters, telegraph, france24 to name a few. Should none of them report it. I ask again is the story true?

over a year ago

"Come on

Honestly this story as reported in the Express doesn't tell us anything. It's purely to reinforce the readerships prejudices and to hammer home their message that France/The EU/Remoaners are to blame for all the ills in the UK, specifically all the problems caused by brexit.

Which source would work for you? I see the story on sky, BBC, Reuters, telegraph, france24 to name a few. Should none of them report it. I ask again is the story true?"

Anywhere can report anything. I have no opinion.

What's interesting is the way this is framed by media with an agenda. Just look at the OP. It works 100%. It's a very effective tactic.

I haven't looked into it. It's not a story I find interesting enough to find out what's happening. To reiterate, the interesting part is how this story is used, and how people blindly believe anything that's written in a news paper that supports their prejudices.

over a year ago

westerham

"Come on

Which source would work for you? I see the story on sky, BBC, Reuters, telegraph, france24 to name a few. Should none of them report it. I ask again is the story true?

What's interesting is the way this is framed by media with an agenda. Just look at the OP. It works 100%. It's a very effective tactic.

I haven't looked into it. It's not a story I find interesting enough to find out what's happening. To reiterate, the interesting part is how this story is used, and how people blindly believe anything that's written in a news paper that supports their prejudices."

Feel free to start your own threads on media agendas then.

As usual, you spend a thousand words protesting about how uninteresting you find a story from a source you don’t like.

over a year ago

"Come on

I haven't looked into it. It's not a story I find interesting enough to find out what's happening. To reiterate, the interesting part is how this story is used, and how people blindly believe anything that's written in a news paper that supports their prejudices.

As usual, you spend a thousand words protesting about how uninteresting you find a story from a source you don’t like."

Is this yet another thread only for people who comply, don't ask questions or express dissent?

Maybe there should be a section of the forum for the right wingers who don't want anyone to disagree with their beliefs?

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"Come on

As usual, you spend a thousand words protesting about how uninteresting you find a story from a source you don’t like.

Is this yet another thread only for people who comply, don't ask questions or express dissent?

Maybe there should be a section of the forum for the right wingers who don't want anyone to disagree with their beliefs? "

Surely you mean the left wingers and remoaners who are single minded blinkered biggots with zero objectivity.

Proof no right wingers on here or only the odd one

over a year ago

"Come on

Maybe there should be a section of the forum for the right wingers who don't want anyone to disagree with their beliefs? Surely you mean the left wingers and remoaners who are single minded blinkered biggots with zero objectivity.

Proof no right wingers on here or only the odd one"

Would you consider yourself a right, or left winger?

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Come on

I haven't looked into it. It's not a story I find interesting enough to find out what's happening. To reiterate, the interesting part is how this story is used, and how people blindly believe anything that's written in a news paper that supports their prejudices."

So after all it turns out the story is true and accurate and has been reported by many news outlets.

By *ausageNmashCouple
over a year ago

Andover

"Come on

So after all it turns out the story is true and accurate and has been reported by many news outlets. "

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

"Come on

over a year ago

"Come on

So after all it turns out the story is true and accurate and has been reported by many news outlets. "

Okay..... And....

over a year ago

‘Self important frogs’, welcome to Brexit Britain

over a year ago

"Come on

Maybe there should be a section of the forum for the right wingers who don't want anyone to disagree with their beliefs? Surely you mean the left wingers and remoaners who are single minded blinkered biggots with zero objectivity.

Proof no right wingers on here or only the odd one"

Lovely words again, who are you calling a bigot? Welcome to Brexit Britain

over a year ago

westerham

"Come on

Maybe there should be a section of the forum for the right wingers who don't want anyone to disagree with their beliefs? "

I welcome intelligent dissenting opinions that we can discuss.

Someone spending a thousand words explaining that they don’t believe the OP, despite multitudinous evidence to the contrary, is not really functioning at a worthwhile debating level.

over a year ago

"Come on

Maybe there should be a section of the forum for the right wingers who don't want anyone to disagree with their beliefs?

Someone spending a thousand words explaining that they don’t believe the OP, despite multitudinous evidence to the contrary, is not really functioning at a worthwhile debating level."

Who said they don't believe the OP?

over a year ago

westerham

"Come on

Someone spending a thousand words explaining that they don’t believe the OP, despite multitudinous evidence to the contrary, is not really functioning at a worthwhile debating level.

Who said they don't believe the OP?"

Let me just double check:

“Why do you keep copying and pasting shit from there in here?....”

“It's the daily express, a straight up propaganda rag, less informative than the Beano.........”

“All it does is promote propaganda, give half truths and misinformation........”

“The content is irrelevant nonsense...........”

“You're free to believe their propaganda. And I'm free to comment on you reposting their propaganda on here...........”

I stand corrected. Clearly you fully accept the truth of the OP.

Just lol.

over a year ago

"Come on

Who said they don't believe the OP?

Let me just double check:

“Why do you keep copying and pasting shit from there in here?....”

“It's the daily express, a straight up propaganda rag, less informative than the Beano.........”

“All it does is promote propaganda, give half truths and misinformation........”

“The content is irrelevant nonsense...........”

“You're free to believe their propaganda. And I'm free to comment on you reposting their propaganda on here...........”

I stand corrected. Clearly you fully accept the truth of the OP.

Just lol."

So as you can see, I have not commented on the validity of the story. Thank you for going to the effort to clear the accusations that you made against me.

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Yet again just the French complaining, don't see the Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch fisherman causing mayhem.

Post new Message to Thread