Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Thank you boris

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Let's have a thread where we don't bash the government....yes mistakes were made but this was so unprecedented nobody knew what to do....but thank god for the furlough scheme...without that me and my son would have been in deep shit....so thanks boris

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

Good luck OP. I’m with you on this but this will become a Borris bashing thread

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Shouldn't you be thanking Rishi Sunak for the furlough scheme ?

Reply privately

By *asycouple777Couple
over a year ago

bristol

Well said my friend it’s the easy thing to do to blame the government for everything

Yes they don’t get it all right but the best we have got by far at the minute

Well done boris pity about the hair

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Shouldn't you be thanking Rishi Sunak for the furlough scheme ?"

Kinda thanking the guy in charge who okays things...

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Kinda thanking the guy in charge who okays things..."

Do you think Boris will be reading this thread ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Kinda thanking the guy in charge who okays things...

Do you think Boris will be reading this thread ? "

Knowing him....yes lol

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Let's have a thread where we don't bash the government....yes mistakes were made but this was so unprecedented nobody knew what to do....but thank god for the furlough scheme...without that me and my son would have been in deep shit....so thanks boris"

You might want to look up Exercise/ Operation Cygnus on the government website . It’s an exercise that took place in 2016 modelling the what would happen if a major viral pneumonia outbreak would occur- sadly its recommendations were not acted upon.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let's have a thread where we don't bash the government....yes mistakes were made but this was so unprecedented nobody knew what to do....but thank god for the furlough scheme...without that me and my son would have been in deep shit....so thanks boris

You might want to look up Exercise/ Operation Cygnus on the government website . It’s an exercise that took place in 2016 modelling the what would happen if a major viral pneumonia outbreak would occur- sadly its recommendations were not acted upon."

This is a positive thread...go find the negative threads and post on there...thanks

Reply privately

over a year ago

When you look globally the UK isn't doing to bad. Yes mistakes where made but the overall picture in the UK is looking much better than many countries especially in Europe. The UK is about the only European country where cases are falling consistently so they must of got something right to achieve that..lets hope it continues and folks don't think that because the UK is doing well they can venture abroad to where other cou tries have cases rising and bring it all crashing back down on their return to the UK..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Again I say thanks for the furlough scheme...without that I probably would be homeless unemployed with my son to look after

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Again I say thanks for the furlough scheme...without that I probably would be homeless unemployed with my son to look after"

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 27/03/21 08:37:06]

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Let's have a thread where we don't bash the government....yes mistakes were made but this was so unprecedented nobody knew what to do....but thank god for the furlough scheme...without that me and my son would have been in deep shit....so thanks boris

You might want to look up Exercise/ Operation Cygnus on the government website . It’s an exercise that took place in 2016 modelling the what would happen if a major viral pneumonia outbreak would occur- sadly its recommendations were not acted upon.

This is a positive thread...go find the negative threads and post on there...thanks"

There arent any.

There are posters who criticse the gmnt and posters who defend them.

That's the whole point of a forum.

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Totally agree the Government has been slaughtered if it did and the same if it didn't. These have been unprecedented times. Think what it could've been like with Corbyns / Starmers labour in charge.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Totally agree the Government has been slaughtered if it did and the same if it didn't. These have been unprecedented times. Think what it could've been like with Corbyns / Starmers labour in charge. "

A positive thread about boris which corbyn is dragged into.

Shocked I tells ya

Would you like to explain what it would have been like?

Reply privately

By *asycouple777Couple
over a year ago

bristol

I knew Hutz would pipe up

But he is correct a forum is for both sides to put there opinions in

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

It's like saying.

I'm going to do a thread ripping into the gmnt and no one is allowed to disagree.

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"Totally agree the Government has been slaughtered if it did and the same if it didn't. These have been unprecedented times. Think what it could've been like with Corbyns / Starmers labour in charge.

Shocked I tells ya

Would you like to explain what it would have been like?"

Bless, if that shocks you, then perhaps you need to get out more Sir.

I don't have a crystal ball but I can recall a general election whereby a Corbyn led Labour pinballed from one hair brain plan to the next. The people voted. As you quite rightly stated this is a public forum so why the "shock"?

Reply privately

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS
over a year ago

Whitstable

The vaccine rollout and the refusal to buckle under EU pressure over their AstraZeneca debacle has cast some welcome relief for Boris and co and has signalled that you do not need the EU bureaucrats to get things right.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Totally agree the Government has been slaughtered if it did and the same if it didn't. These have been unprecedented times. Think what it could've been like with Corbyns / Starmers labour in charge.

Shocked I tells ya

I don't have a crystal ball but I can recall a general election whereby a Corbyn led Labour pinballed from one hair brain plan to the next. The people voted. As you quite rightly stated this is a public forum so why the "shock"? "

So according to you it epuod have been worse but you have no idea how?

Glad we got that cleared up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I knew Hutz would pipe up

But he is correct a forum is for both sides to put there opinions in "

No....this thread i started was so people could say thanks without being ripped apart for it...maybe everyone on here is financially stable and didn't need furlough or they are immune from covid and dont need the vaccine

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

A neutral marmite thread..

Interesting..

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"A neutral marmite thread..

Interesting.."

I don't like Marmite

Reply privately

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Herne Bay

Should be saying thank you Taxpayers for furlough, after all Government has no money only ours

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Interesting..

I don't like Marmite"

Ditto but strangely enough I like twiglets..

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Interesting..

I don't like Marmite

Ditto but strangely enough I like twiglets.."

I agree with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Interesting..

I don't like Marmite

I agree with you "

Reply privately

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS
over a year ago

Whitstable

Interesting..

I don't like Marmite

I agree with you

"

Did you know that Twiglets are actually roasted stick insects smeared with Marmite.

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"It's like saying.

I'm going to do a thread ripping into the gmnt and no one is allowed to disagree."

But if he wants a thread where people can only post agreement, surely he has the right to ask for that.

Obviously, no one will take any notice and chip in anyway but he has the right to ask that folks only comment if they agree with his statement.

I say, good luck to you and happy to see you and your son are getting through this and wish you all success and happiness in the future.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Same old people taking over a thread.....cant start one of your own? Not got an original thought? Okay...welcome to the thank boris thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Interesting..

I don't like Marmite

I agree with you

Did you know that Twiglets are actually roasted stick insects smeared with Marmite.

"

Hence the crunch..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Should be saying thank you Taxpayers for furlough, after all Government has no money only ours "

I pay tax as well lol

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Interesting..

I don't like Marmite

I agree with you

"

That's rubbish everyone knows they are worms

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Should be saying thank you Taxpayers for furlough, after all Government has no money only ours "

Will you be thanking taxpayers for the vaccine?

Reply privately

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Hmm... not sure this is how open forums work but let me be positive about Boris.

He's a proven liar, an elitist bully boy, a cynical populist, makes racist jokes, presided over a year of disastrous responses to the pandemic leading to the UK having tragically high levels of death, not to mention dodgy PPE procurement, he's so shady he won't even acknowledge how many kids he's got, and is generally a total cunt leading a government full of similarly cunty scumbags... but let's keep it positive and say he probably does something good by accident now and again... or vaguely positive at least... maybe

Reply privately

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Should be saying thank you Taxpayers for furlough, after all Government has no money only ours

Will you be thanking taxpayers for the vaccine?"

I'll be thanking the scientists

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think all governments have had differing challenges and I don’t think any leaders particularly have had easy rides, and decisions have had to have been made without knowing results. I’m not a Boris fan, but I appreciate some of what he has had to do has been as positive as can be. Any other leader would have been in that position within this country, I’d say.

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Shocked I tells ya

I don't have a crystal ball but I can recall a general election whereby a Corbyn led Labour pinballed from one hair brain plan to the next. The people voted. As you quite rightly stated this is a public forum so why the "shock"?

So according to you it epuod have been worse but you have no idea how?

Glad we got that cleared up."

Oh dear does that mean you've nothing left to moan about

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Same old people taking over a thread.....cant start one of your own? Not got an original thought? Okay...welcome to the thank boris thread"

Ok mate, apologies for the 'humour', it's only light hearted..

Respect that you feel there have been positives which of course is true but as others have said it's an open forum and the nature as such is that opinions differ, threads go off on tangents etc..

Anyway the sun is shining so have a good day..

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"It's like saying.

I'm going to do a thread ripping into the gmnt and no one is allowed to disagree.

But if he wants a thread where people can only post agreement, surely he has the right to ask for that.

Obviously, no one will take any notice and chip in anyway but he has the right to ask that folks only comment if they agree with his statement.

I say, good luck to you and happy to see you and your son are getting through this and wish you all success and happiness in the future. "

If people want to say well done that's upto them.

Bit when people start making false claims and throwing in labour, people have a right to respond.

Reply privately

By *alisburycplCouple
over a year ago

Salisbury

I think it suits a section of the population to be negative when ever they can..

I too run a business of some size,and the furlough scheme has saved us, from mass redundancy, potential bankruptcy, for a business that has never made a loss.

So thank you Boris and his gang.

Good work!

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I think it suits a section of the population to be negative when ever they can..

I too run a business of some size,and the furlough scheme has saved us, from mass redundancy, potential bankruptcy, for a business that has never made a loss.

So thank you Boris and his gang.

Good work!"

Which is to be recognised and must be of immense relief and the vaccination development of etc is undoubtedly a success too..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hmm... not sure this is how open forums work but let me be positive about Boris.

He's a proven liar, an elitist bully boy, a cynical populist, makes racist jokes, presided over a year of disastrous responses to the pandemic leading to the UK having tragically high levels of death, not to mention dodgy PPE procurement, he's so shady he won't even acknowledge how many kids he's got, and is generally a total cunt leading a government full of similarly cunty scumbags... but let's keep it positive and say he probably does something good by accident now and again... or vaguely positive at least... maybe"

Read the full post.....im saying thanks for the furlough...without it I would have been in serious trouble with my home and paying bills

Reply privately

By *avenTinaCouple
over a year ago

Southport

"Hmm... not sure this is how open forums work but let me be positive about Boris.

He's a proven liar, an elitist bully boy, a cynical populist, makes racist jokes, presided over a year of disastrous responses to the pandemic leading to the UK having tragically high levels of death, not to mention dodgy PPE procurement, he's so shady he won't even acknowledge how many kids he's got, and is generally a total cunt leading a government full of similarly cunty scumbags... but let's keep it positive and say he probably does something good by accident now and again... or vaguely positive at least... maybe"

you don’t like him then?

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"It's like saying.

I say, good luck to you and happy to see you and your son are getting through this and wish you all success and happiness in the future.

Bit when people start making false claims and throwing in labour, people have a right to respond."

All I said was maybe think what it may have been like under a Labour steerage.

But let's face it we only have to look at Liverpool, Manchester, oldham, Rochdale to see how that may have panned out...... False? Maybe

Reply privately

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

You might want to look up Exercise/ Operation Cygnus on the government website . It’s an exercise that took place in 2016 modelling the what would happen if a major viral pneumonia outbreak would occur- sadly its recommendations were not acted upon."

I seem to recall he couldn’t be bothered to go to the first 6 Cobra meetings where they were trying to work out how to stop Covid. I guess he must have been doing something much more important than trying to save lives

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its strange how I started a positive thread about thanking the government if they have helped you....yes mistakes were made and boris and the gang will be held accountable at the next General election...but these threads getting taken over by the negative brigade...

Reply privately

By *rafficvanMan
over a year ago

Middletown

I say well done Boris all the key worker should of had a pay rise to

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Its strange how I started a positive thread about thanking the government if they have helped you....yes mistakes were made and boris and the gang will be held accountable at the next General election...but these threads getting taken over by the negative brigade..."

Maybe you should try having a pop at people bringing labour into a thread applauding boris?

Just a thought.

Reply privately

By *undayTarkaMan
over a year ago

Barnstaple, Exeter

"When you look globally the UK isn't doing to bad. Yes mistakes where made but the overall picture in the UK is looking much better than many countries especially in Europe. The UK is about the only European country where cases are falling consistently so they must of got something right to achieve that..lets hope it continues and folks don't think that because the UK is doing well they can venture abroad to where other cou tries have cases rising and bring it all crashing back down on their return to the UK.."

The UK has done terrible compared to any one else

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"When you look globally the UK isn't doing to bad. Yes mistakes where made but the overall picture in the UK is looking much better than many countries especially in Europe. The UK is about the only European country where cases are falling consistently so they must of got something right to achieve that..lets hope it continues and folks don't think that because the UK is doing well they can venture abroad to where other cou tries have cases rising and bring it all crashing back down on their return to the UK..

The UK has done terrible compared to any one else"

Have you seen the news this morning? Europe locking down all over the place, poor vaccine rollout,,, Germany heading for 100000 a day new infections..... I'd say we are doing OK

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"Its strange how I started a positive thread about thanking the government if they have helped you....yes mistakes were made and boris and the gang will be held accountable at the next General election...but these threads getting taken over by the negative brigade...

Maybe you should try having a pop at people bringing labour into a thread applauding boris?

Just a thought."

Touchy

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"It's like saying.

Bit when people start making false claims and throwing in labour, people have a right to respond."

I go back to my previous note.

If someone wants to start a thread for people only to respond if like minded, no matter which government, political group, company or individual they wish to applaud or criticise, they have the right to do so.

Will it work, not a chance, but he or she has the total right to ask, just as you have the right to respond and criticise or disagree.

You will then be going against the initial wishes of the OP.

For me, I don't care what people think as long as you don't put your foot in my door.

As for the OP, he seems like a decent guy who cares for his son and that ok in my book.

Reply privately

By *ljamMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Its strange how I started a positive thread about thanking the government if they have helped you....yes mistakes were made and boris and the gang will be held accountable at the next General election...but these threads getting taken over by the negative brigade..."

Unfortunately picking out stray positive points amidst a shitshow comes over like saying "at least the trains ran on time under Mussolini"... and the fact this is an open forum means control over the tone of a narrative isn't there. Fab forums are many things, but at least they aren't algorithm driven echo chambers!

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is a positive thread...go find the negative threads and post on there...thanks"

I am sorry although I never thought that posting factual government info could be seen as something negative.

Ok something positive about Boris- umm let me think.

Yes his wild hairstyle!

It’s full of positive charge as I am sure he uses a balloon to brush it!

Reply privately

By *ick_and_BickerCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Let's have a thread where we don't bash the government....yes mistakes were made but this was so unprecedented nobody knew what to do....but thank god for the furlough scheme...without that me and my son would have been in deep shit....so thanks boris"

I'd say you were right.

Mistakes made. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Unprecedented. Learning, changing, making it up as we go along, which exactly how "stuff" works when you've never been in that situation before.

The furlough scheme saved hundreds and thousands of jobs and businesses.

Yes, we'll be paying it back for years. But thats such a stupid criticism. What was the option, no furlough and let businesses fail and people starve?

The vaccine programme. An astounding success.

I don't think any party would have fared any different, or received any different criticism.

Any government would have been in the same position making the same almost impossible choices and decisions.

So well played the government.

M

Reply privately

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

My hope is that the vast majority are actually appreciative of how this and other issues are dealt with by the government.

Its easy to always cririsice and sometimes its simply not worth standing up for what one sees as right as you will simply be shouted down and intimidated (ironically by the people shouting that we should allow free speech) stating that one is racist, privilaged,transphobic,misogynistic right wing nazi.

I am not any of those things but i think Boris has done the best he could...no one has got it 100 percent right in any country...but ultimately i think Boris has done well.

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai

Yes thank you Boris for giving us some of our own money back, it must have been a bloody tough decision to divert our hard earned money away from yours and your mates pockets and back to us, well done.

And thank you to all those supporting foodbanks and risking thier lives on the front line in health, emergency services, transport and essential retail , you did ok too , but Boris deserves more thanks than you

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"It's like saying.

Bit when people start making false claims and throwing in labour, people have a right to respond.

If someone wants to start a thread for people only to respond if like minded, no matter which government, political group, company or individual they wish to applaud or criticise, they have the right to do so.

Will it work, not a chance, but he or she has the total right to ask, just as you have the right to respond and criticise or disagree.

For me, I don't care what people think as long as you don't put your foot in my door.

As for the OP, he seems like a decent guy who cares for his son and that ok in my book.

"

I don't really disagree but as stated previously, labour have already been dragged into a thread about boris.

I'd say there was a huge difference in thanking the gmnt for furlough and thinking the crises has been handled well.

Whilst you couldn't argue with the first one,you most certainly could with the second.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You can't cherry pick the best and worst of the government...everyone unhappy how the government has acted on this hopefully once in a lifetime pandemic...please pay back any government hand outs you have received and refuse the vaccine thats being offered....the vaccine hasn't been developed for free....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's like saying.

I don't really disagree but as stated previously, labour have already been dragged into a thread about boris.

I'd say there was a huge difference in thanking the gmnt for furlough and thinking the crises has been handled well.

Whilst you couldn't argue with the first one,you most certainly could with the second.

"

Plenty of threads about the shit storm over the handling of things...but im thankful for the furlough and the vaccine

Reply privately

By *ynonvalleyboyMan
over a year ago

merthyr

Gotta laugh at the pros / antis

The same issue would have been there whoeever is in charge, the same advisors would advise, the unkowns would be unkown.

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"It's like saying.

"

You are quite right the comparison of what has happened and what could've happened is purely hypothetical.

Reply privately

By *ick_and_BickerCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Gotta laugh at the pros / antis

The same issue would have been there whoeever is in charge, the same advisors would advise, the unkowns would be unkown."

The situation doesn't change change depending on the colour of your party.

M

Reply privately

By *lackstudsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

London

"When you look globally the UK isn't doing to bad. Yes mistakes where made but the overall picture in the UK is looking much better than many countries especially in Europe. The UK is about the only European country where cases are falling consistently so they must of got something right to achieve that..lets hope it continues and folks don't think that because the UK is doing well they can venture abroad to where other cou tries have cases rising and bring it all crashing back down on their return to the UK.."

“...... The UK is about the only European country where cases are falling consistently.....”

——————————————

That’s because the U.K. is the only European country to be in lockdown since Jan 5th of this year.

Reply privately

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

I have noticed before it's normally the self acclaimed, liberal minded, left wing tolerant people who have so much open hatred of anything different to what they want for this world, isn't that strange?

Well done Boris no better or worse than any other country leader, you can only play the cards you're dealt.

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Shouldn't you be thanking Rishi Sunak for the furlough scheme ?"

Will you still be thanking him when he demands his money back?

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"you can only play the cards you're dealt."

But you can choose how you play them to get the best result

Reply privately

By *hat BlokeMan
over a year ago

Harrogate

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"It's like saying.

Plenty of threads about the shit storm over the handling of things...but im thankful for the furlough and the vaccine "

Me too.

As the death rates slip it gives us hope.

Are we over it all, of course not and there will be problems for many years to come.

What have we learned, what will we do differently when a new virus lands, I have no idea but have found working front line for the past 12 months has been frightening, illuminating and shown me the metal of many individuals, including friends and family and I go away fatigued, thankful and with a new appreciation of some people and a total contempt for others.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/03/21 10:28:32]

Reply privately

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"Yes thank you Boris for giving us some of our own money back, it must have been a bloody tough decision to divert our hard earned money away from yours and your mates pockets and back to us, well done.

And thank you to all those supporting foodbanks and risking thier lives on the front line in health, emergency services, transport and essential retail , you did ok too , but Boris deserves more thanks than you "

If the money belonged to the UK public, the country wouldn't be in so much debt

Reply privately

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"you can only play the cards you're dealt.

But you can choose how you play them to get the best result"

Yep, and he did pretty good, all things considered

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank the NHS not Worzel Gummidge

Reply privately

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

The bottom line is this:

Death rates have plummeted and infection rates are under control.

The vaccination rate is the highest in Europe (don't they hate us for that) and more people are reaping the benefit.

The lockdown is becoming easier whereas in Europe it is getting worse.

Brighter, healthier lives ahead because, despite the faults, the government have taken control and made tough decisions. Well done Boris.

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

I went to spend my NHS clap in Tesco's the other day.

Sadly, the lady on the checkout said it had no real value..

Reply privately

By *lwaysup4it69Couple
over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

Shocked I tells ya

Would you like to explain what it would have been like?"

If Stamer or Corbyn was running the country 1st thing they would have done was close the borders when it all started, even the home Secretary said that should have happened, but no Boris did not listen, he waited and waited far too long, he let more cases of it and more strains come in the country. This government need to be held to account for the number of deaths. Also the NHS has been for years and still is under funded. I was in hospital with covid pneumonia and saw 1st hand how stretched the are. The doctors and nurses of this country of who we should thank. Yes Furlough has been a life line for so many, but I am certain any government would have done it, not just the tories

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I have noticed before it's normally the self acclaimed, liberal minded, left wing tolerant people who have so much open hatred of anything different to what they want for this world, isn't that strange?

Well done Boris no better or worse than any other country leader, you can only play the cards you're dealt."

You mention tolerance yet savagely criticise anyone who has a differenct opinion.

That's the strange bit.

Reply privately

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"I have noticed before it's normally the self acclaimed, liberal minded, left wing tolerant people who have so much open hatred of anything different to what they want for this world, isn't that strange?

Well done Boris no better or worse than any other country leader, you can only play the cards you're dealt.

You mention tolerance yet savagely criticise anyone who has a differenct opinion.

That's the strange bit."

"criticise" or simply state the truth?

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's the strange bit."

I started this thread because I wanted to say thanks to boris for helping me...I didn't ask for negative comments, youve decided to hijack a thread to argue....please start your own threads for your political masturbating competition

Reply privately

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Well we truly hope it does turn out well for everyone ! and it's good to be thankful even for very small mercies and hopefully you'll be just as thankful when it's declared over as that is when we see who will have "Pay" for the various cock ups and we have a funny feeling it might well fall on the very people expressing thanks at this moment in time and for many sadly it will be a rather shocking experience and they will want the money back ?? and as we said above and already massive cuts in real in the budget and more to come ..

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

That's the strange bit.

I started this thread because I wanted to say thanks to boris for helping me...I didn't ask for negative comments, youve decided to hijack a thread to argue....please start your own threads for your political masturbating competition "

I'm replying to other posts

I've sorry to break it to you but you dont have carte blanche over this forum.

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai

"Yes thank you Boris for giving us some of our own money back, it must have been a bloody tough decision to divert our hard earned money away from yours and your mates pockets and back to us, well done.

And thank you to all those supporting foodbanks and risking thier lives on the front line in health, emergency services, transport and essential retail , you did ok too , but Boris deserves more thanks than you

If the money belonged to the UK public, the country wouldn't be in so much debt"

Where do you think the government gets it money from ? It doesn’t have any of its own. When it borrows, it borrows on behalf of us , they fuck off after 4 years or whatever and the debt stays with us. So yes , thank you Boris for spending all our money giving your mates contracts and then maxing out our credit cards so we will be be in debt for the next 50 years while you go on to charge £15k per after dinner speech as an old man , we will watch and remember how generous you were while we draw pennies in

Pensions

Reply privately

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

I'm just going to say given current state of the country. The NHS, armed forces and the economy he has little to be thanked for

Also the fact he didn't or hasn't given me a penny for over a year won't get me applauding his efforts. He thinks he has gained some sort of party faithful support due to the furlough which may have worked and the crazy notion of celebrating Brexit day etc :/ I will thank him for quitting his job and buggering off as soon as possible..and then I will be clapping on my door step then for sure

But that's my own opinion of course and I'm a very proud very leftist leftie so it should be expected shouldn't it.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

That's the strange bit.

"criticise" or simply state the truth?"

Your opinion is not the truth.

Sorry to break it to you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's the strange bit.

I started this thread because I wanted to say thanks to boris for helping me...I didn't ask for negative comments, youve decided to hijack a thread to argue....please start your own threads for your political masturbating competition

"

Thats true.. but why do you feel the need to hijack positive threads?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/03/21 10:51:17]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Interesting..

I don't like Marmite

Ditto but strangely enough I like twiglets.."

are twiglets marmite

Reply privately

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

this thread appears to be about attempting to cancel disagreement rather than anything else ... it seems those that have suffered tragedy in thier families due to johnsons incompetence are forbade by the OP to express themselves on an open forum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm just going to say given current state of the country. The NHS, armed forces and the economy he has little to be thanked for

Also the fact he didn't or hasn't given me a penny for over a year won't get me applauding his efforts. He thinks he has gained some sort of party faithful support due to the furlough which may have worked and the crazy notion of celebrating Brexit day etc :/ I will thank him for quitting his job and buggering off as soon as possible..and then I will be clapping on my door step then for sure

But that's my own opinion of course and I'm a very proud very leftist leftie so it should be expected shouldn't it.

"

You dont understand how much of a life saver the furlough has been to a single parent who works in hospitality

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

That's the strange bit.

Thats true.. but why do you feel the need to hijack positive threads?"

I haven't

I haven't said 1 negative thing about the gmnt.

I had a go at someone who brought labour into it and someone who criticised anyone else having a different opinion.

I'll ask again

Why did you not have a pop at the person who mentioned corbyn?

How is that positive?

Reply privately

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Where do you think the government gets it money from ? It doesn’t have any of its own. When it borrows, it borrows on behalf of us , they fuck off after 4 years or whatever and the debt stays with us. So yes , thank you Boris for spending all our money giving your mates contracts and then maxing out our credit cards so we will be be in debt for the next 50 years while you go on to charge £15k per after dinner speech as an old man , we will watch and remember how generous you were while we draw pennies in

Pensions "

So no other government would have borrowed to pay for the Pandemic which is not down to Boris?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"this thread appears to be about attempting to cancel disagreement rather than anything else ... it seems those that have suffered tragedy in thier families due to johnsons incompetence are forbade by the OP to express themselves on an open forum."

Please read my opening thread.. im thankful to the government for paying me a wage and thus keeping me in a job....if you want to bash the government you are free to do that...but I started this thread for people who have been saved by the furlough scheme

Reply privately

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

You dont understand how much of a life saver the furlough has been to a single parent who works in hospitality "

Then you would also understand that linked to the hospitality trade there are literally hundreds of thousands of people who were not given it.. Music, theatre and the arts.. The self employed who actually got nothing for most of last year..

The furlough was a great help but I say it was calculated to work for only some of the people.. It left many out.. So he isn't going to get thanked for that one bit

Reply privately

over a year ago

You dont understand how much of a life saver the furlough has been to a single parent who works in hospitality

Then you would also understand that linked to the hospitality trade there are literally hundreds of thousands of people who were not given it.. Music, theatre and the arts.. The self employed who actually got nothing for most of last year..

The furlough was a great help but I say it was calculated to work for only some of the people.. It left many out.. So he isn't going to get thanked for that one bit "

Read the post...I wanted to thank them...selfish? Yes but I have a son to look after

Reply privately

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

i did read your opening post and i stand by what i wrote.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The furlough was a great help but I say it was calculated to work for only some of the people.. It left many out.. So he isn't going to get thanked for that one bit "

am i mistaken in thinking that no industry was excluded from furlough ? not sure why you think music theatre and arts were

and it was only newly self employed who had not yet filed accounts that were excluded from self employed help, many many thousands of self employed did get help

if you fell through the cracks. i am sorry but don’t bend facts if the real story doesn’t fit your narrative

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Nice to see a decent post about Boris also what about the vaccine rollout and from day one financing the research and effort but into Astra Zenica the great contracts to get supplies,great job by Boris and his team

Reply privately

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

There's only been one aspect from this whole pandemic that I could say Boris has excelled at that doesn't come with significant negatives.

Well done to Boris for ordering a hell of a lot of vaccines early.

There's nothing else I can think of.

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Impossible to get it perfect but a very good attempt made well done Sunak

Reply privately

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

Shocked I tells ya

If Stamer or Corbyn was running the country 1st thing they would have done was close the borders when it all started, even the home Secretary said that should have happened, but no Boris did not listen, he waited and waited far too long, he let more cases of it and more strains come in the country. This government need to be held to account for the number of deaths. Also the NHS has been for years and still is under funded. I was in hospital with covid pneumonia and saw 1st hand how stretched the are. The doctors and nurses of this country of who we should thank. Yes Furlough has been a life line for so many, but I am certain any government would have done it, not just the tories"

We simply don't know or ever will know what Labour would have done if they were in charge. This is one of the reasons people get annoyed about when corbyn is brought into the conversation. To try to now claim you know for a fact what Labour would have done is just the same. Maybe they would have done better, maybe worse, maybe the same. Corbyn might have missed the very same meetings Boris do. We will never know

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'll thank him for what he's due that for. It's not pot luck that we were hit so badly though, so I'll not sugar coat it, with added sacharine. Trump, Bolsonaro and Johnson have a lot in common.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The furlough scheme had nothing to do with Boris. A man who dithered and made the wrong decision on almost every occasion. No, I won't thank him or nearly every other incompetent twit in his government. Sunak is the only vaguely competent person there.

Reply privately

By *uboCouple
over a year ago

East kilbride

Agreed. The money was borrowed and WE WILL have to pay it back in some form or another.

Neither of us got furlough but will still have to pay back. Don't mind to be honest as the scheme certainly helped those in need. But to thank Boris for it ? give us a break.

Reply privately

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"You can't cherry pick the best and worst of the government...everyone unhappy how the government has acted on this hopefully once in a lifetime pandemic...please pay back any government hand outs you have received and refuse the vaccine thats being offered....the vaccine hasn't been developed for free.... "
No hand outs here and I've continued to pay tax throughout, I've more than paid for my share. Can I continue to point out how disastrous our governments response to this pandemic was?

Finally getting something right after failing miserably and causing over a 100k deaths isn't something I consider applause worthy.

I'm sure the paltry admission of "mistakes were made" feels great to those who lost loved ones due to those mistakes.

Fuck Boris.

Reply privately

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Shocked I tells ya

If Stamer or Corbyn was running the country 1st thing they would have done was close the borders when it all started, even the home Secretary said that should have happened, but no Boris did not listen, he waited and waited far too long, he let more cases of it and more strains come in the country. This government need to be held to account for the number of deaths. Also the NHS has been for years and still is under funded. I was in hospital with covid pneumonia and saw 1st hand how stretched the are. The doctors and nurses of this country of who we should thank. Yes Furlough has been a life line for so many, but I am certain any government would have done it, not just the tories

We simply don't know or ever will know what Labour would have done if they were in charge. This is one of the reasons people get annoyed about when corbyn is brought into the conversation. To try to now claim you know for a fact what Labour would have done is just the same. Maybe they would have done better, maybe worse, maybe the same. Corbyn might have missed the very same meetings Boris do. We will never know"

If we had done a good lockdown earl like New Zealand we would all me moaning about that anyway.

So on the ballance well done to the goverment lets hope the un lock is slow and controled...

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai

Pensions

So no other government would have borrowed to pay for the Pandemic which is not down to Boris?"

Sure they would, but why thank them for just doing their job, albeit very badly. They have one thing to do - look after the people, not their mates, or their careers first, the physical and mental well-being of the people. If I was appraising Boris, he would get a C for Cunt.

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Pensions

So no other government would have borrowed to pay for the Pandemic which is not down to Boris?

Sure they would, but why thank them for just doing their job, albeit very badly. They have one thing to do - look after the people, not their mates, or their careers first, the physical and mental well-being of the people. If I was appraising Boris, he would get a C for Cunt."

Are you a teacher ?

Reply privately

By *ick_and_BickerCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Shocked I tells ya

If Stamer or Corbyn was running the country 1st thing they would have done was close the borders when it all started, even the home Secretary said that should have happened, but no Boris did not listen, he waited and waited far too long, he let more cases of it and more strains come in the country. This government need to be held to account for the number of deaths. Also the NHS has been for years and still is under funded. I was in hospital with covid pneumonia and saw 1st hand how stretched the are. The doctors and nurses of this country of who we should thank. Yes Furlough has been a life line for so many, but I am certain any government would have done it, not just the tories"

How the feck do you know what another party would have done?

Do me a favour, use your gift to sort out my lottery numbers for tonight. Ta.

M

Reply privately

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

The furlough was a great help but I say it was calculated to work for only some of the people.. It left many out.. So he isn't going to get thanked for that one bit Impossible to get it perfect but a very good attempt made well done Sunak"

I disagree.. They made sure that anyone who could have furlough had already paid tax.. Of course there are some people outside the system who would have got extra £ if everyone got furlough. However, given the number of home improvements going on that are clearly being paid for with furlough or Seiss it seems a bit unfair to exclude certain job roles or self employed status

Including everyone would mean that honest people who fell outside any tax year end boundaries would have also been included in any support payments

He should have given everyone the benefit of the doubt given we are in a pandemic where everyone should be supporting each other..

That would have been the best option I think and made things a lot easier for a lot more people.

All he has done now is redefined the boundary between haves and have nots which will obviously be reflected in the polls.. Given he made more people happy than broke.. No one will probably care though.... Yet already say they can't wait to get back to a pub, club, live gig or whatever despite the fact that those industries have had no help at all.. Don't be surprised if many do not survive

And that's the real tragedy of it.. Completely unfair in so many ways yet the ones so savegely kicked in balls are expected to be putting a bright smile and a big welcome out whe. You all go back to work and expect life to be the same again

If this was 100 years ago our political leaders would have been put up against a wall and shot by now.

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Thank you Boris for cutting education budgets ... SEND budget by 40 million

Thank your Boris for a 1% pay rise for NHS and none for Teachers

Thank you Boris for continuing to put frontline workers at risk with no vaccine

Thank you Boris for (pre covid) highest rates of childhood poverty in the last decade

Thank you Boris for (pre covid) longest waiting list for cancer ops in Europe

Thank you Boris for (pre covid) more foodbanks than McDonald’s in this country

There you go

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Shocked I tells ya

How the feck do you know what another party would have done?

Do me a favour, use your gift to sort out my lottery numbers for tonight. Ta.

M

"

Because the Tory’s care only about Money and a socialist party care about the weak and poor whereas the Tory policies centre around the fact that if you can’t help yourself then it’s tough .... that’s why.

Reply privately

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Read somewhere that the mad bonkers crazy idea of _hat bloke Jeremy & co to pay people a universal wage or some such idea would have been cheaper than ...got to laugh and seems everyone forgets that we were already 1 trillion in debt before covid ?? thanks to ...

Reply privately

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

If you feel the need to thank Boris then maybe just email him!! I’m glad your ok sat safe at home still getting some level of payment whilst I’m working average 12 hour days on the frontline, no real ppe and salaried so a lot of it unpaid and as a local government employee on yet another year of pay freeze despite BoJo giving his ministers additional payment!! I for one won’t be thanking Boris

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you Boris for (pre covid) highest rates of childhood poverty in the last decade

There you go "

Thank you boris for letting me keep a roof over my sons head food in his belly and a dad who is vaccinated and now likely to live a bit longer to raise his son to adulthood

There you go

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

There you go "

You seem very errrrr thankful

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Shocked I tells ya

We simply don't know or ever will know what Labour would have done if they were in charge. This is one of the reasons people get annoyed about when corbyn is brought into the conversation. To try to now claim you know for a fact what Labour would have done is just the same. Maybe they would have done better, maybe worse, maybe the same. Corbyn might have missed the very same meetings Boris do. We will never know"

I think tou need to look at the two individuals how they’ve voted and how they prioritise human life to hazard a guess at how they would have behaved. You don’t need to be a genius to work out that Boris ‘operation last gasp’ and ‘thanks to greed and capitalism’ comments would have been uttered by Corbyn neither would he have awarded billion pound contracts to his mates. A man’s worth is judged by his track record. Boris ‘tank top wearing bum boys’ ‘letterboxes’ ‘watermelon smiles’ attitude can fuck right off he’s a piece of self serving filth

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

There you go

Thank you boris for letting me keep a roof over my sons head food in his belly and a dad who is vaccinated and now likely to live a bit longer to raise his son to adulthood

There you go"

Nothing to do with Boris think you need to do your research and while you’re there look at Stockholm syndrome. Our social welfare system is broken it’s not supporting people nor is it fit for purpose

Reply privately

over a year ago

There you go

There you go

Nothing to do with Boris think you need to do your research and while you’re there look at Stockholm syndrome. Our social welfare system is broken it’s not supporting people nor is it fit for purpose "

I dont need to do anything you tell me....this post was about me being grateful for the furlough scheme....end of

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

There you go

There you go"

Ok so for you the two things, and which I agree have been positive are good but how do you judge him thus far taking into account the points here which for others are very real?

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's the strange bit.

Thats true.. but why do you feel the need to hijack positive threads?"

Because that’s what he does.... regularly

Reply privately

over a year ago

There you go

There you go

Nothing to do with Boris think you need to do your research and while you’re there look at Stockholm syndrome. Our social welfare system is broken it’s not supporting people nor is it fit for purpose "

What has Stockholm syndrome got to do with me? Please explain...

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

" thank god for the furlough scheme...without that me and my son would have been in deep shit....so thanks boris"

I notice you thanked God before Boris

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

There you go

There you go

Nothing to do with Boris think you need to do your research and while you’re there look at Stockholm syndrome. Our social welfare system is broken it’s not supporting people nor is it fit for purpose

I dont need to do anything you tell me....this post was about me being grateful for the furlough scheme....end of"

You put it on a public forum you get opinions ..... what happens when furlough ends and we have a UC system that won’t support you and an NHS That has been underfunded for decades. Thanks to the Tory’s our public sector services are not fit for purpose due to lack of funding.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There you go

There you go

Ok so for you the two things, and which I agree have been positive are good but how do you judge him thus far taking into account the points here which for others are very real?"

Agree...so start a thread about that.. why take over a thread from someone who is grateful for 2 things?

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

There you go

There you go

What has Stockholm syndrome got to do with me? Please explain..."

Boris et al created this mess (we have the worst reaction to covid of the rich nations) and you’re thanking the person responsible. Stockholm syndrome

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

There you go

There you go

Ok so for you the two things, and which I agree have been positive are good but how do you judge him thus far taking into account the points here which for others are very real?

Agree...so start a thread about that.. why take over a thread from someone who is grateful for 2 things?"

Because it’s in poor taste for the hundreds of thousands who died and suffered needlessly

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

There you go

There you go

Agree...so start a thread about that.. why take over a thread from someone who is grateful for 2 things?"

Which only looks to be saying stuff the others he looked after me?

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I’m glad you have found the support you were offered a big help. I know lots of people have been grateful for it.

Wishing you and your son all the best for the future.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

That's the strange bit.

Thats true.. but why do you feel the need to hijack positive threads?

Because that’s what he does.... regularly "

I suggest you actually read the thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

There you go

There you go

Boris et al created this mess (we have the worst reaction to covid of the rich nations) and you’re thanking the person responsible. Stockholm syndrome "

Again I will say...im grateful for furlough and vaccine....thats it...everything else has been awful...and if you read other posts I have made..I have stated that this government will be held accountable for everything else they have failed to do

Reply privately

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Pensions

Sure they would, but why thank them for just doing their job, albeit very badly. They have one thing to do - look after the people, not their mates, or their careers first, the physical and mental well-being of the people. If I was appraising Boris, he would get a C for Cunt."

But they did look after the people albeit some understandable cock ups, as for their careers, it was after all, the labour movement way back in the day that wanted MP's to be career people, and well maybe they have just got what they wished for.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There you go

There you go

Agree...so start a thread about that.. why take over a thread from someone who is grateful for 2 things?

Which only looks to be saying stuff the others he looked after me?"

When it comes to looking after my son not only will I say stuff everyone but I will do what ever I can to make sure I look after him...I hope other parents would adopt the same mentality

Reply privately

over a year ago

Come on you blues

Reply privately

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'm not a fan of the Tories or labour for that matter.

In fact non of the parties do it for me, but I have always had a strong dislike regards the Tories.

But I would say under the circumstances Baris jansun has done as well as I think anyone could have.

I mean can you even imagine the pressure he's been under this past year?

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

When it comes to looking after my son not only will I say stuff everyone but I will do what ever I can to make sure I look after him...I hope other parents would adopt the same mentality "

That sounds a selfish attitude. The same as Boris bragging that our successful vaccine rollout is due to greed and Capitalism.

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

There you go

There you go

Boris et al created this mess (we have the worst reaction to covid of the rich nations) and you’re thanking the person responsible. Stockholm syndrome

Again I will say...im grateful for furlough and vaccine....thats it...everything else has been awful...and if you read other posts I have made..I have stated that this government will be held accountable for everything else they have failed to do"

I don't think there's anything wrong with you feeling grateful for you and your sons situation. What I do find abhorrent is people trying to make you feel guilty for your thoughts and feelings.

Reply privately

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

Well done Boris no better or worse than any other country leader, you can only play the cards you're dealt."

With respect you read too many of the wrong news sources.. Peolke are not ' self acclaimed, Liberal minded, left wing tolerant people' anymore.. They are mad as wSps about the level of social injustice and lack of any economic balance in a country clearly being run for and by those who support only themselves..

This is not the 1960s.. Left wing people are not sitting in a haze of smoke tutting to themselves pretending to be tolerant and peace loving .. They are alert, aware very unhappy and not far away from some kind of national action I would say if people in parliament are not very careful about how they deal with things in the future

Wake up ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Everyone is an expert on how this covid crisis should have been best managed. The simple truth is, whoever was in power could not have predicted this. It was never going to end well, and nobody was ever going to be able to keep the lid on it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

There you go

There you go

Which only looks to be saying stuff the others he looked after me?

When it comes to looking after my son not only will I say stuff everyone but I will do what ever I can to make sure I look after him...I hope other parents would adopt the same mentality "

We all look after our own and to what extent we look after others is personal and private yes, point I'm agreeing with is others have been treated pretty shabbily..

A person especially one in such a prominent position is judged in the round..

Reply privately

By *JCouple
over a year ago

Teesside

I think you should also thank those (like Andy Burnham and many many more) who stood up to Boris and fought him to keep / extend furlough at 80%. As opposed to the scheme Boris wanted and almost implemented where you would have been reduced to 60% of your wage and then less still had Boris won that battle back in September time buddy.

KJ

Reply privately

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"

When it comes to looking after my son not only will I say stuff everyone but I will do what ever I can to make sure I look after him...I hope other parents would adopt the same mentality

That sounds a selfish attitude. The same as Boris bragging that our successful vaccine rollout is due to greed and Capitalism. "

Really WTF

Reply privately

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

With respect you read too many of the wrong news sources.. Peolke are not ' self acclaimed, Liberal minded, left wing tolerant people' anymore.. They are mad as wSps about the level of social injustice and lack of any economic balance in a country clearly being run for and by those who support only themselves..

This is not the 1960s.. Left wing people are not sitting in a haze of smoke tutting to themselves pretending to be tolerant and peace loving .. They are alert, aware very unhappy and not far away from some kind of national action I would say if people in parliament are not very careful about how they deal with things in the future

Wake up .. "

So you agree with me they're not liberal minded or tolerant of others and constantly provoking the system to have things their way?

Which is why they can't see the good that others do as in what Boris has done?

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"

That sounds a selfish attitude. The same as Boris bragging that our successful vaccine rollout is due to greed and Capitalism. "

You are criticising a parent for saying that they put the well-being and welfare of their child above all , and make that their priority, and that this makes them selfish.

Jesus, I really have heard it all now.

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

You are criticising a parent for saying that they put the well-being and welfare of their child above all , and make that their priority, and that this makes them selfish.

"

So if you make your son a sandwich and a starving beggar knocks on the door you should give your son the whole sandwich rather than half each ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think we all need to be grateful that we are all still alive !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Selfish to look after my son???? What the actual fuck!!!!! I hope you dont have kids

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"

So if you make your son a sandwich and a starving beggar knocks on the door you should give your son the whole sandwich rather than half each ? "

I would make sure my son had sufficient first. And THEN offer some to the starving beggar yes.

I would discuss with my son how when we have enough , it is good to share with others who do not.

A parents FIRST responsibility is always for the welfare of their child.

I am gobsmacked this even needs saying.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So if you make your son a sandwich and a starving beggar knocks on the door you should give your son the whole sandwich rather than half each ? "

Whats the point your trying to make?

Reply privately

By *JCouple
over a year ago

Teesside

"

If a beggar knocked on my door uninvited id see that as a huge invasion of my privacy and would be more likely to call the police than share my sons sandwich with him.

However my sons only 5 months atm but when he is older we will make sure he looks after his toys and any he doesn't use or he decides he doesn't want will be cleaned and put to one side. We with our son will take them down to a charity shop or similar to donate them to those children less fortunate than him.

KJ

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wake up .. "

as with everything i think the truth is actually probably somewhere in the middle

Reply privately

By *JCouple
over a year ago

Teesside

"

So if you make your son a sandwich and a starving beggar knocks on the door you should give your son the whole sandwich rather than half each ?

I would make sure my son had sufficient first. And THEN offer some to the starving beggar yes.

I would discuss with my son how when we have enough , it is good to share with others who do not.

I am gobsmacked this even needs saying. "

I agree you on this totally.

As raised in my post a few above though are you also going to thank all the people who fought tooth and nail to stop Boris slashing your furlough from 80% of your wage to just 60% and then lower still last sept time?

Surely those people deserve your thanks as well buddy?

KJ

Reply privately

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"You can't cherry pick the best and worst of the government...everyone unhappy how the government has acted on this hopefully once in a lifetime pandemic...please pay back any government hand outs you have received and refuse the vaccine thats being offered....the vaccine hasn't been developed for free.... "

You can’t Cherry pick? Isn’t this exactly what you are suggesting? I think a better metaphor is finding a needle in a haystack of mistakes by Boris!

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

As raised in my post a few above though are you also going to thank all the people who fought tooth and nail to stop Boris slashing your furlough from 80% of your wage to just 60% and then lower still last sept time?

KJ"

It's a good point.

Burnham fought tough and nail to get a better furlough deal and on here ,he is getting criticism whilst boris is getting praised.

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

OP, you'll never win on these forums or any other ones..

As others have said, it's an open forum for everyone to chuck in their bit so it would never just attract people who feel the same as you. You have to admit some of the mad comments are fucking hilarious...

I'm really happy you have found furlough helpful to you and you little fella.

You sound a great dad and I applaud you and wish you best for the future.

Soon enough all the experts will either scuttle away or have to face the terror of meeting in the real swingers world...

I never even glanced at any other forums apart from France, Spain, clubs and meet ups and it's been an eye opener for me.

Best of luck for the future.

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"

KJ"

Sorry. Are you confusing me with the OP?

I was merely responding to a post criticising me for supporting the OP putting his son first.

As far as the wider picture goes I think it is true that governments ( of all colours) can only be as good or bad as those holding them too account allow them to be.

So the role of others ( you mentioned Andy Burnham) is crucial in this.

Reply privately

By *JCouple
over a year ago

Teesside

"

KJ

Sorry. Are you confusing me with the OP?

I was merely responding to a post criticising me for supporting the OP putting his son first.

As far as the wider picture goes I think it is true that governments ( of all colours) can only be as good or bad as those holding them too account allow them to be.

So the role of others ( you mentioned Andy Burnham) is crucial in this. "

I think I did apologies I was in agreement with you in terms of the silly beggar at the door example and how any good parent will put their child first. That doesn't atop installing good values and compassion for those less fortunate.

We also seem to agree it was many people who fought hard against Boris very specifically (Boris was dead against letting it stay at 80% and the driving force behind the 60 / 50% scheme). It wasn't just Andy Burnham but also many Tory Majors and MPs who fought Boris on this.

Surely they deserve thanks from the OP as well?

KJ

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP, you'll never win on these forums or any other ones..

As others have said, it's an open forum for everyone to chuck in their bit so it would never just attract people who feel the same as you. You have to admit some of the mad comments are fucking hilarious...

Soon enough all the experts will either scuttle away or have to face the terror of meeting in the real swingers world...

I never even glanced at any other forums apart from France, Spain, clubs and meet ups and it's been an eye opener for me.

Best of luck for the future. "

Thank you...but this thread was never about winning it was about being grateful to a government who have created something that has kept me and son going...again thank you

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Yeah cheers Boris!

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Thank you...but this thread was never about winning it was about being grateful to a government who have created something that has kept me and son going...again thank you"

And that is what is important

Reply privately

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

[Removed by poster at 27/03/21 13:21:42]

Reply privately

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

It is good that you have been helped, some of us have not had a penny for over 12 months - apparently my savings were to great, so I have to use up my own money. Shame I’d been so sensible in the years before Covid

Reply privately

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

There you go

There you go

Again I will say...im grateful for furlough and vaccine....thats it...everything else has been awful...and if you read other posts I have made..I have stated that this government will be held accountable for everything else they have failed to do

I don't think there's anything wrong with you feeling grateful for you and your sons situation. What I do find abhorrent is people trying to make you feel guilty for your thoughts and feelings. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is good that you have been helped, some of us have not had a penny for over 12 months - apparently my savings were to great, so I have to use up my own money. Shame I’d been so sensible in the years before Covid "

i agree this was a poor govt decision there was no check on savings for furlough - the goalposts should have been consistent

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Selfish to look after my son???? What the actual fuck!!!!! I hope you dont have kids"

That is a hurtful comment. I am a widow with four children. I have brought them up alone for eight years now. As a family we understand the importance of doing our best for others too, not just ourselves.

Reply privately

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"It is good that you have been helped, some of us have not had a penny for over 12 months - apparently my savings were to great, so I have to use up my own money. Shame I’d been so sensible in the years before Covid

i agree this was a poor govt decision there was no check on savings for furlough - the goalposts should have been consistent"

I left my job to care for a relative who died pre Covid and as a consequence did not have a job, so furlough was never an option, neither has UC been. I don’t have a problem with others being helped, but the help is not across the board by any means - many people are in similar circumstances. It seems ridiculous that if you can pay someone £2500 a month because their employer can afford to, then why not give the unemployed the same amount? Clearly not having a job is seen as less worthy...

Reply privately

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Can’t afford to

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/03/21 13:34:24]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Selfish to look after my son???? What the actual fuck!!!!! I hope you dont have kids

That is a hurtful comment. I am a widow with four children. I have brought them up alone for eight years now. As a family we understand the importance of doing our best for others too, not just ourselves. "

Then you should understand why i put my son before strangers

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you...but this thread was never about winning it was about being grateful to a government who have created something that has kept me and son going...again thank you"

The furlough scheme has helped millions and has been a life saver but as stated on another thread, it isn’t free money, it will have to be paid for (with interests ) by us all. I thanks the government for starting the scheme but all they are doing is lending you your own money

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Then you should understand why i put my son before strangers"

That's what the Mayor of Liverpool thought when he awarded his son's firm a quarter of a million pound contract.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's what the Mayor of Liverpool thought when he awarded his son's firm a quarter of a million pound contract. "

Im not a mayor...im a furloughed chef raising his 10 year old son on his own...sorry if that makes you angry towards me

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Im not a mayor...im a furloughed chef raising his 10 year old son on his own...sorry if that makes you angry towards me"

Of course that doesn't make me angry. It was you saying that you hoped I didn't have children.

Reply privately

By *ick_and_BickerCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"

Out of interest, what do you give to the beggars you walk past every day of the week?

M

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That's what the Mayor of Liverpool thought when he awarded his son's firm a quarter of a million pound contract. "

huge difference between nepotism and feeding your kids before giving to charity

Reply privately