Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Nurses continued

Jump to newest

By *bernath OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

" hhow dare the goverment insult them by offering a one percent pay rise after what theve been thru in this panddemic

Well here’s to those who voted Tory in the last election.

Does anyone realise that these doctors and nurses literally have the power of life and death in their hands? Imagine if they found out you were Tory whilst in hospital? The main thought would be, what are they putting in that drip? Or why is it taking so long to get treatment for?

All I am saying is there might be a slight delay in getting to you..... say 99% slower perhaps?

This post says far more about you than it ever will the professionalism of doctors and nurses and is quite frankly an insult to them.

Did it scare you poor bunny rabbit?"

No, because it’s hogwash. I’ve seen first hand healthcare staff fight to save the life of some thoroughly despicable individuals with nothing but professionalism. The fact you think it could or even should happen are your own deluded morals

does it make you think? they might not say it but we cannot predict how people are, they are not gods, just ordinary men and women, with the power over life and death. If I am pessimistic about it then for good reason. The threat of underpaying people like that is quite obvious, but people fail to realise it. Especially those who hold the purse strings.

But people refuse to see it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Well if they even thought about not treating someone because of who the voted for then they prob not in the right job

By *bernath OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Well if they even thought about not treating someone because of who the voted for then they prob not in the right job"

But who can stop them? Who knows what goes on in the mind of those who are pushed to the edge? We have to face facts, we cannot give pleasant gratitude as a reward for hard work and graft.

Doesn’t any see that? There is the risk that we alienate the NHS workforce, care levels drop, more deaths. But these tories try to wrap them in this “professionalism” bubble. If you take something for granted doesn’t it cause profound psychological damage?

If people are prepared to bury their heads in the sand as usual it might happen, and there might be worse to come.

Why are people prepared to give those who have the power to heal less than they are willing to take?

Utter stupidity!

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"Well if they even thought about not treating someone because of who the voted for then they prob not in the right job

But who can stop them? Who knows what goes on in the mind of those who are pushed to the edge? We have to face facts, we cannot give pleasant gratitude as a reward for hard work and graft.

Doesn’t any see that? There is the risk that we alienate the NHS workforce, care levels drop, more deaths. But these tories try to wrap them in this “professionalism” bubble. If you take something for granted doesn’t it cause profound psychological damage?

If people are prepared to bury their heads in the sand as usual it might happen, and there might be worse to come.

Why are people prepared to give those who have the power to heal less than they are willing to take?

Utter stupidity!

"

again like i said if that is there thought process then they shouldnt be doing the job.if they start not treating peeps because they voted tory then could. All those tory voters get some of there tax back if nurses dont treat them?????

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"Well if they even thought about not treating someone because of who the voted for then they prob not in the right job

Utter stupidity!

"

You are insulting NHS staff here. I would stop now!

By *bernath OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Utter stupidity!

"

How am I insulting NHS workers? They are human just like you and me? You think they don’t have the same hopes, fears and challenges like everyone else?

It’s tories and their right wing supporters who constantly insult them with low pay and no PPE, no equipment, cutting services, cutting budgets, endless restructuring, and selling parts off to private businesses.

You just cannot treat people in the NHS like shit and be expected to believe everything will be ok, some people are proper stupid to think that.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Utter stupidity!

How am I insulting NHS workers? They are human just like you and me? You think they don’t have the same hopes, fears and challenges like everyone else?

It’s tories and their right wing supporters who constantly insult them with low pay and no PPE, no equipment, cutting services, cutting budgets, endless restructuring, and selling parts off to private businesses.

You just cannot treat people in the NHS like shit and be expected to believe everything will be ok, some people are proper stupid to think that.

"

And some are proper stupid if they belive nurses will withold treatment because of the way someone voted.i meen they treated the yorkshire ripper and ian brady or do you think tory voters are lower than them two???? Dont bother answering i already no your deluded answer

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They should be paid a lot more in general, not just because of the pandemic

By *00STERMan
over a year ago

nearby

Utter stupidity!

"

It’s retarded posts like this that make me hate the internet. I don’t think I’ve ever read such deluded hogwash.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Utter stupidity!

It’s retarded posts like this that make me hate the internet. I don’t think I’ve ever read such deluded hogwash. "

You aint read such hogwash??? Im guessing your pretty new to the forums lol its a daily occurence on here lol

By *ugehandsMan
over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

It's my understanding that nurses cannot strike as such, similar to the police and other emergency services. However they can protest and even work to rule if they like.

By *00STERMan
over a year ago

nearby

That is a valid point .. but this even trumps most of that regular hogwash

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"That is a valid point .. but this even trumps most of that regular hogwash "

I did think it was a pisstake when i first read it but using the green arrow im pretty sure it aint a pisstake

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Utter stupidity!

"

Nurses aren't responsible for operational decisions as you list, but I can tell you this. No nurse would withhold or alter treatment to any patient. To suggest otherwise is both ignorant and insulting.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"They should be paid a lot more in general, not just because of the pandemic "
I agree they should get more now and believe they will but cannot agree that in general they should get more.

They have good pensions job security etc much more than private sector people.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

"They should be paid a lot more in general, not just because of the pandemic I agree they should get more now and believe they will but cannot agree that in general they should get more.

They have good pensions job security etc much more than private sector people.

"

private sector wages are far and away much higher than public sector workers so they are fine.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"It's my understanding that nurses cannot strike as such, similar to the police and other emergency services. However they can protest and even work to rule if they like. "

I think they have a duty of care contract but I think they can still take industrial action?

I think the police signed a deal years ago meaning they cant strike.

But obvs someone who works for the nhs will know for sure.

By *ebbie69Couple
over a year ago

milton keynes

Always wanting the NHS to get as much as possible before the pandemic and of course even more so now. I don't believe who you voted for is one of the questions when being admitted so not really a real life example. To even suggest such dedicated people would treat you differently if you mentioned who you voted for is a real insult to them

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Labour once again becoming an embarrassment over the affair

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"It's my understanding that nurses cannot strike as such, similar to the police and other emergency services. However they can protest and even work to rule if they like.

I think they have a duty of care contract but I think they can still take industrial action?

I think the police signed a deal years ago meaning they cant strike.

But obvs someone who works for the nhs will know for sure."

I think nurses can strike, providing critical care isnt affected.

So non urgent care could be postponed, and nurses will work to rule.

Has to go to a ballot first though.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

I’m not bothered about noise round the edges on this issue. This is about recognising the effort and sacrifices of Nursing and other staff. We all clapped for them for months, everyone put up rainbows to show their appreciation and now the Govt absolutely screws them. Test and trace just got another £15bn in the budget, Boris is getting his new sitting, sorry situation room for £9m and apparently we cab put £350m a week into the NHS as we have left the EU - oops, sorry we can’t, that was a Boris lie as well.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Eastbourne

"It's my understanding that nurses cannot strike as such, similar to the police and other emergency services. However they can protest and even work to rule if they like. "

I hope the nurses do work to rule, the only bad thing is they have peoples lives in their hands.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56350476

I wonder if he is even aware that he does it.

In other news a tory peer thinks nurses are paid enough and shouod consider themselves lucky they have a job.

From a man who was given an hereditary peerage.

Still at least he is honest.

By *lamourpussyCouple
over a year ago

Barmouth

Apparently we don’t have the money to give nurses but we can waste £100 billion on HS2, the biggest white elephant ever!

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Apparently we don’t have the money to give nurses but we can waste £100 billion on HS2, the biggest white elephant ever!"

And increase the defence bill by £21 billion

Still there is no magic money tree

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Utter stupidity!

"

The fact you had to ask why it’s insulting says it all really. ‘Do no harm’ isn’t just a fancy strap line for medical staff you know

Post new Message to Thread