Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Bad Mr Gove, naughty

Jump to newest

By *or Fox Sake OP   Couple
over a year ago

Thornaby

The Cabinet Office run by Michael Gove has been officially reprimanded by the UK Statistics Authority for using unpublished and unverifiable data in an attempt to deny that Brexit had caused a massive fall in volumes of trade through British ports.

More porkies from the man who ( probably) wants BoZo's job

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"The Cabinet Office run by Michael Gove has been officially reprimanded by the UK Statistics Authority for using unpublished and unverifiable data in an attempt to deny that Brexit had caused a massive fall in volumes of trade through British ports.

More porkies from the man who ( probably) wants BoZo's job"

Well Brexit is does what Brexit promised, you’d expect better, but Brexiteers are more interested in believing there there is no cause and there are no consequences.

By *or Fox Sake OP   Couple
over a year ago

Thornaby

"The Cabinet Office run by Michael Gove has been officially reprimanded by the UK Statistics Authority for using unpublished and unverifiable data in an attempt to deny that Brexit had caused a massive fall in volumes of trade through British ports.

Well Brexit is does what Brexit promised, you’d expect better, but Brexiteers are more interested in believing there there is no cause and there are no consequences."

Blue passports?

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

More porkies from the man who ( probably) wants BoZo's job"

Tories trying to spin? No not possible with such an upstanding bunch... oh hang on this is the no queues in Dover brigade. So yes it’s probably true.

I think Rishi is going to push Gove out. Gove is just sleaze in the way he behaves. His own father corrected him on why they sold their fishing company and it wasn’t anything to do with the EU as Michael had claimed.

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Well Brexit is does what Brexit promised, you’d expect better, but Brexiteers are more interested in believing there there is no cause and there are no consequences.

Blue passports?"

Yeah blue passports, if they wanted to change the colour of their passports they could have just bought one of those passport covers. Would have saved so much money, but Brexiteers being Brexiteers have to do everything the hard way.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Blue passports?"

Corbyn.

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Odious cretin of a man, Scotland has contributed so much politically to these island....he is not a contribution

By *ugehandsMan
over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

But looking on the bright side, we seem to be vaccinating more of the population than the EU countries.

Just saying

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"But looking on the bright side, we seem to be vaccinating more of the population than the EU countries.

Just saying "

Its a fair point, fortunatley we have an in house vaccine and do not forget, when it comes to deaths we have more reason to be ahead on vaccines...not using deaths as either pro europe just stating a fact.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

I think the OP was pointing out how much of a liar Gove is. As he has proven to be a liar, it is time to not just doubt what he says going forward, but to also recognise his past lies.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Gove may be a lot of things, but the slap on the wrist from the ONS is not for lying about the accuracy of the figures.

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

"Gove may be a lot of things, but the slap on the wrist from the ONS is not for lying about the accuracy of the figures."

I thought it was for not publishing the evidence to back up their statements regarding trade impact due to Brexit

over a year ago

here

"Gove may be a lot of things, but the slap on the wrist from the ONS is not for lying about the accuracy of the figures.

I thought it was for not publishing the evidence to back up their statements regarding trade impact due to Brexit "

That's what I said

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Gove may be a lot of things, but the slap on the wrist from the ONS is not for lying about the accuracy of the figures.

I thought it was for not publishing the evidence to back up their statements regarding trade impact due to Brexit

That's what I said

"

...what evidence!?

over a year ago

That's what I said

"

Is their credible evidence to back up his claims

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

That's what I said

Is their credible evidence to back up his claims "

Well if it's a polar opposite to what the statistics group have published then everyone needs access to it.

over a year ago

That's what I said

Well if it's a polar opposite to what the statistics group have published then everyone needs access to it. "

True,

over a year ago

here

That's what I said

Is their credible evidence to back up his claims "

Yes - data did follow later.

The ONS said that the Cabinet Office should have published the trade data it released when responding to the story in The Observer.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

That's what I said

The ONS said that the Cabinet Office should have published the trade data it released when responding to the story in The Observer.

"

I don’t think they have published, could you add a link?

over a year ago

That's what I said

"

So everything that Gove has claimed has turned out to be accurate

over a year ago

here

That's what I said

So everything that Gove has claimed has turned out to be accurate "

https://fullfact.org/economy/eu-exports-january-2021/

Come the 12th March the data set will be available. This is why the ONS slipped their wrists. Cabinet office referenced data that was not released for official use.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

So another non story then.

over a year ago

That's what I said

Come the 12th March the data set will be available. This is why the ONS slipped their wrists. Cabinet office referenced data that was not released for official use.

"

So once the data is available this will prove Gove was correct ?

over a year ago

here

That's what I said

So once the data is available this will prove Gove was correct ? "

What it will show is the cabinet office were correct to rebut the claim by the RHA that trade flows had dropped 68%.

over a year ago

That's what I said

What it will show is the cabinet office were correct to rebut the claim by the RHA that trade flows had dropped 68%.

"

Fair enough, so it will prove that Gove didn’t lie?

over a year ago

here

That's what I said

Fair enough, so it will prove that Gove didn’t lie? "

Correct

over a year ago

That's what I said

Correct "

Nothing to report then,

over a year ago

here

That's what I said

Correct

Nothing to report then, "

Other than the government using unreleased/unverified data, hence the story about the ONS slapping their wrists for doing so.

over a year ago

That's what I said

Correct

Nothing to report then,

Other than the government using unreleased/unverified data, hence the story about the ONS slapping their wrists for doing so.

"

So the data is unverified? How can it be trusted? I think that is the bigger issue here

over a year ago

here

That's what I said

Correct

Nothing to report then,

So the data is unverified? How can it be trusted? I think that is the bigger issue here "

Government have data, they used it, they shouldn't have because nobody else has that data yet.

Of course the basis of the original story by The Observer was based on unverified, word of mouth information- which makes the governments slap on the wrist kind of ironic.

Post new Message to Thread