Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Has Brexit worked up till now

Jump to newest

By *iboy1968 OP   Man
over a year ago

cramlington

Everyone has different political opinions but throughout the U.K. and Europe countries how do people think it has worked

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said"

Nothing to do with Brexit

Nothing more to be said

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

Nothing more to be said "

You cannot exept the truth and admit you are wrong

over a year ago

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

Nothing more to be said You cannot exept the truth and admit you are wrong"

Neither can you, educate yourself

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Everyone has different political opinions but throughout the U.K. and Europe countries how do people think it has worked "

Fair too early too say..prices have gone up,delays etc

The eu clearly have had problems with the vaccine which theybrexiterers are claiming as a victory, despite us having one of the 1st death rates in the world.

Standard

We know know the full effect for a year or 2

I'm still waiting on my golden unicorn

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

Nothing more to be said You cannot exept the truth and admit you are wrong

Neither can you, educate yourself "

They are like that character of momento where they can only remember the last 5 mins.

Bit like boris

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

Neither can you, educate yourself "

What subject How to be a bad loser?Like you.

I know how to think for myself not like most remoaners

over a year ago

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

Neither can you, educate yourself What subject How to be a bad loser?Like you.

I know how to think for myself not like most remoaners"

We negotiated our vaccine roll out whilst in the Brexit transition period. The vaccine programme we quite rightly decided to follow could have been done whilst we were in the EU . Do you dispute these facts

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

We negotiated our vaccine roll out whilst in the Brexit transition period. The vaccine programme we quite rightly decided to follow could have been done whilst we were in the EU . Do you dispute these facts "

All 27 countries agreed to follow the eu do you honestly think that if we had not left we would have been the only country to go its own way?

over a year ago

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

We negotiated our vaccine roll out whilst in the Brexit transition period. The vaccine programme we quite rightly decided to follow could have been done whilst we were in the EU . Do you dispute these facts All 27 countries agreed to follow the eu do you honestly think that if we had not left we would have been the only country to go its own way?"

Depends if you trust Boris and the Tories to do the right thing? We didn’t join the Euro??

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Im still trying to get to grips with all this new power I have and how to spend my cut of the 540 million

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

We negotiated our vaccine roll out whilst in the Brexit transition period. The vaccine programme we quite rightly decided to follow could have been done whilst we were in the EU . Do you dispute these facts All 27 countries agreed to follow the eu do you honestly think that if we had not left we would have been the only country to go its own way?

Depends if you trust Boris and the Tories to do the right thing? We didn’t join the Euro?? "

you are funny such a great comparison, what does your common sense tell you?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Im still trying to get to grips with all this new power I have and how to spend my cut of the 540 million "

It's great to take back control isnt it?

over a year ago

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

We negotiated our vaccine roll out whilst in the Brexit transition period. The vaccine programme we quite rightly decided to follow could have been done whilst we were in the EU . Do you dispute these facts All 27 countries agreed to follow the eu do you honestly think that if we had not left we would have been the only country to go its own way?

Depends if you trust Boris and the Tories to do the right thing? We didn’t join the Euro?? you are funny such a great comparison, what does your common sense tell you?

"

You voted for Boris, surely you trusted him to do the right thing regarding the vaccine?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

Depends if you trust Boris and the Tories to do the right thing? We didn’t join the Euro?? you are funny such a great comparison, what does your common sense tell you?

You voted for Boris, surely you trusted him to do the right thing regarding the vaccine? "

Im asking you what you think,im sure that if we were still in we would have just gone along with the rest of them.That my friend is exactly why i wanted out.Now tell me what you think.

over a year ago

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

You voted for Boris, surely you trusted him to do the right thing regarding the vaccine? Im asking you what you think,im sure that if we were still in we would have just gone along with the rest of them.That my friend is exactly why i wanted out.Now tell me what you think."

I think Boris would have done the right thing and followed the vaccine procedure that we are following . I can’t believe you are doubting his ability to do the right thing ?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

You voted for Boris, surely you trusted him to do the right thing regarding the vaccine? Im asking you what you think,im sure that if we were still in we would have just gone along with the rest of them.That my friend is exactly why i wanted out.Now tell me what you think.

I think Boris would have done the right thing and followed the vaccine procedure that we are following . I can’t believe you are doubting his ability to do the right thing ? "

Thats better a straight answer im glad you think so .

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

You do realize that he would not have been the pm though dont you?

over a year ago

"You do realize that he would not have been the pm though dont you?"

True, who would have been PM?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"You do realize that he would not have been the pm though dont you?

True, who would have been PM? "

who knows Cameron, corbyn ?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

True, who would have been PM? "

so although you have great faith in Boris would you have the same amount of faith in either of them going it alone even though in the eu?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

You voted for Boris, surely you trusted him to do the right thing regarding the vaccine? Im asking you what you think,im sure that if we were still in we would have just gone along with the rest of them.That my friend is exactly why i wanted out.Now tell me what you think.

I think Boris would have done the right thing and followed the vaccine procedure that we are following . I can’t believe you are doubting his ability to do the right thing ? "

There is no questioning his moral fibre that's for sure

over a year ago

True, who would have been PM? who knows Cameron, corbyn ?"

Maybe, maybe not, what does any of this prove?

over a year ago

True, who would have been PM? so although you have great faith in Boris would you have the same amount of faith in either of them going it alone even though in the eu?"

Who know, this is all very hypothetical? How far back do you want to go with all this?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

True, who would have been PM? who knows Cameron, corbyn ?

Maybe, maybe not, what does any of this prove? "

Im not trying to prove anything you are the one who said you think the uk would have gone against the eu if we were still in but your argument was you trusted boris.I pointed out he would not have been pm so does that change your opinion?

over a year ago

Maybe, maybe not, what does any of this prove? Im not trying to prove anything you are the one who said you think the uk would have gone against the eu if we were still in but your argument was you trusted boris.I pointed out he would not have been pm so does that change your opinion?"

Right, so in this parallel universe who is the current PM?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Maybe, maybe not, what does any of this prove? Im not trying to prove anything you are the one who said you think the uk would have gone against the eu if we were still in but your argument was you trusted boris.I pointed out he would not have been pm so does that change your opinion?

Right, so in this parallel universe who is the current PM? "

Its a simple question,if you dont want to answer just say so instead of going round in circles.

over a year ago

Maybe, maybe not, what does any of this prove? Im not trying to prove anything you are the one who said you think the uk would have gone against the eu if we were still in but your argument was you trusted boris.I pointed out he would not have been pm so does that change your opinion?

Right, so in this parallel universe who is the current PM? Its a simple question,if you dont want to answer just say so instead of going round in circles."

It is a confusing and vague question based on so many hypothetical variables . Whoever was the PM would have done the right thing for the people who democratically voted for them .

By *ust some cock suckerMan
over a year ago

Preston

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

Now that is mildly amusing

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Right, so in this parallel universe who is the current PM? Its a simple question,if you dont want to answer just say so instead of going round in circles.

It is a confusing and vague question based on so many hypothetical variables . Whoever was the PM would have done the right thing for the people who democratically voted for them . "

Its not confusing at all im glad you think that, i wonder why the other 27 countries didnt do that for their electorate.Could it be that they were convinced by the commission that they were right and possibly they would have done the same to the uk?

By *eanoCoolMan
over a year ago

wisbech

At the last election covid was not known of, so nobody who voted any which way had any idea how the prime minister they voted for would deal with a global pandemic or vaccine production and procurement, so saying you must have trusted ..... because you voted for them is entirely hypothetical in regards to this.

over a year ago

Right, so in this parallel universe who is the current PM? Its a simple question,if you dont want to answer just say so instead of going round in circles.

It is a confusing and vague question based on so many hypothetical variables . Whoever was the PM would have done the right thing for the people who democratically voted for them . Its not confusing at all im glad you think that, i wonder why the other 27 countries didnt do that for their electorate.Could it be that they were convinced by the commission that they were right and possibly they would have done the same to the uk?"

So let me get this straight . In a parallel hypothetical universe where Brexit doesn’t exist we have a PM (whoever that might be) that ‘might’ decide to follow the EUs vaccine rollout instead of the one we decided to use? And this is your best example of proving that ‘Brexit is working’ . Classic

over a year ago

Preston

Jeeez, just deal in facts, it's much simpler than what if this parallel universe was to have happened or Tony Benn was Queen of Wales.

Our vaccine programme has nothing whatsoever to do with leaving the EU

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

It is a confusing and vague question based on so many hypothetical variables . Whoever was the PM would have done the right thing for the people who democratically voted for them . Its not confusing at all im glad you think that, i wonder why the other 27 countries didnt do that for their electorate.Could it be that they were convinced by the commission that they were right and possibly they would have done the same to the uk?

So let me get this straight . In a parallel hypothetical universe where Brexit doesn’t exist we have a PM (whoever that might be) that ‘might’ decide to follow the EUs vaccine rollout instead of the one we decided to use? And this is your best example of proving that ‘Brexit is working’ . Classic "

you were the one who started this parallel universe by saying the uk would have gone its own way even if we were in the eu. classic you have got yourself in such a muddle you dont realize you started it.

the best bit though is you have turned out to be a flag bearer for boris who would have thought it.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Jeeez, just deal in facts, it's much simpler than what if this parallel universe was to have happened or Tony Benn was Queen of Wales.

Our vaccine programme has nothing whatsoever to do with leaving the EU "

so you believe we would have been the only eu member to go against the commission too then?

over a year ago

It is a confusing and vague question based on so many hypothetical variables . Whoever was the PM would have done the right thing for the people who democratically voted for them . Its not confusing at all im glad you think that, i wonder why the other 27 countries didnt do that for their electorate.Could it be that they were convinced by the commission that they were right and possibly they would have done the same to the uk?

So let me get this straight . In a parallel hypothetical universe where Brexit doesn’t exist we have a PM (whoever that might be) that ‘might’ decide to follow the EUs vaccine rollout instead of the one we decided to use? And this is your best example of proving that ‘Brexit is working’ . Classic you were the one who started this parallel universe by saying the uk would have gone its own way even if we were in the eu. classic you have got yourself in such a muddle you dont realize you started it.

the best bit though is you have turned out to be a flag bearer for boris who would have thought it. "

Boris has played a blinder regarding the vaccine, I think you should give him credit rather that tying to claim that his decision was based on Brexit . Shame on you

over a year ago

"Jeeez, just deal in facts, it's much simpler than what if this parallel universe was to have happened or Tony Benn was Queen of Wales.

Our vaccine programme has nothing whatsoever to do with leaving the EU so you believe we would have been the only eu member to go against the commission too then?"

Yes, why not?

over a year ago

"Everyone has different political opinions but throughout the U.K. and Europe countries how do people think it has worked "

I'd say it's going as expected.

People who own investment firms and who are in government (ERG types), made shit tonne of cash currency trading. And will continue to avail of tax avoidance schemes.

US corporations are being represented in the trade negotiations, and are primed to buy into the NHS, and to start importing hormone pumped meat and dairy into the UK market.

Workers rights are on the table for review, environmental protections have already started to be eroded.

All seems to be on track.

The people behind brexit don't give a fuck about the extra red tape or the impact to the economy.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

So let me get this straight . In a parallel hypothetical universe where Brexit doesn’t exist we have a PM (whoever that might be) that ‘might’ decide to follow the EUs vaccine rollout instead of the one we decided to use? And this is your best example of proving that ‘Brexit is working’ . Classic you were the one who started this parallel universe by saying the uk would have gone its own way even if we were in the eu. classic you have got yourself in such a muddle you dont realize you started it.

the best bit though is you have turned out to be a flag bearer for boris who would have thought it.

Boris has played a blinder regarding the vaccine, I think you should give him credit rather that tying to claim that his decision was based on Brexit . Shame on you "

You have just proved my point thanks, he wouldnt have been pm if brexit had not happened.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Our vaccine programme has nothing whatsoever to do with leaving the EU so you believe we would have been the only eu member to go against the commission too then?

Yes, why not? "

Thats all i wanted to hear,why do you think they would have done that then?

over a year ago

Our vaccine programme has nothing whatsoever to do with leaving the EU so you believe we would have been the only eu member to go against the commission too then?

Yes, why not? Thats all i wanted to hear,why do you think they would have done that then?"

Who?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Yes, why not? Thats all i wanted to hear,why do you think they would have done that then?

Who? "

The uk, why do you think they would have been the only ones?

over a year ago

Boris has played a blinder regarding the vaccine, I think you should give him credit rather that tying to claim that his decision was based on Brexit . Shame on you You have just proved my point thanks, he wouldnt have been pm if brexit had not happened. "

How do you know? I think you are being unfair on Boris , who is to say that he wouldn’t have followed Cameron as PM in your hypothetical parallel universe ?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Boris has played a blinder regarding the vaccine, I think you should give him credit rather that tying to claim that his decision was based on Brexit . Shame on you You have just proved my point thanks, he wouldnt have been pm if brexit had not happened.

How do you know? I think you are being unfair on Boris , who is to say that he wouldn’t have followed Cameron as PM in your hypothetical parallel universe ? "

Trying to change the subject says to me you dont have an answer to the question.

over a year ago

Yes, why not? Thats all i wanted to hear,why do you think they would have done that then?

Who? The uk, why do you think they would have been the only ones?"

Because we have Boris as our leader

over a year ago

Boris has played a blinder regarding the vaccine, I think you should give him credit rather that tying to claim that his decision was based on Brexit . Shame on you You have just proved my point thanks, he wouldnt have been pm if brexit had not happened.

How do you know? I think you are being unfair on Boris , who is to say that he wouldn’t have followed Cameron as PM in your hypothetical parallel universe ? Trying to change the subject says to me you dont have an answer to the question."

Can you clarify the point you are trying to make. Are we talking about a Brexit or a non Brexit world now?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

How do you know? I think you are being unfair on Boris , who is to say that he wouldn’t have followed Cameron as PM in your hypothetical parallel universe ? Trying to change the subject says to me you dont have an answer to the question.

Can you clarify the point you are trying to make. Are we talking about a Brexit or a non Brexit world now? "

Sure you seem very confused tonight one last try.

What is your reasoning for thinking that the uk would be the only country not to follow the eu policy if we had not left?

over a year ago

How do you know? I think you are being unfair on Boris , who is to say that he wouldn’t have followed Cameron as PM in your hypothetical parallel universe ? Trying to change the subject says to me you dont have an answer to the question.

Can you clarify the point you are trying to make. Are we talking about a Brexit or a non Brexit world now? Sure you seem very confused tonight one last try.

What is your reasoning for thinking that the uk would be the only country not to follow the eu policy if we had not left?"

Because we have the Astra Zeneca vaccine , that has stumped you

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Can you clarify the point you are trying to make. Are we talking about a Brexit or a non Brexit world now? Sure you seem very confused tonight one last try.

What is your reasoning for thinking that the uk would be the only country not to follow the eu policy if we had not left?

Because we have the Astra Zeneca vaccine , that has stumped you "

You are not making any sense there was no vaccine at the time just hope that there would be no one knew who or if one would be found.So no not stumped a you put it and if that was the only reason you thought that then you were wrong.

over a year ago

Because we have the Astra Zeneca vaccine , that has stumped you You are not making any sense there was no vaccine at the time just hope that there would be no one knew who or if one would be found.So no not stumped a you put it and if that was the only reason you thought that then you were wrong."

That is the reason, the government had faith in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, they knew it would be a game changer and quite rightly decided to get their orders in early. A wise decision don’t you think

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Because we have the Astra Zeneca vaccine , that has stumped you You are not making any sense there was no vaccine at the time just hope that there would be no one knew who or if one would be found.So no not stumped a you put it and if that was the only reason you thought that then you were wrong.

That is the reason, the government had faith in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, they knew it would be a game changer and quite rightly decided to get their orders in early. A wise decision don’t you think "

You are going off track again and in fact its not worth continuing this .You are not usually this confused so i can actually see why you think the way you do.

over a year ago

Preston

so you believe we would have been the only eu member to go against the commission too then?"

I deal in facts mate not what ifs and guess work.

over a year ago

Because we have the Astra Zeneca vaccine , that has stumped you You are not making any sense there was no vaccine at the time just hope that there would be no one knew who or if one would be found.So no not stumped a you put it and if that was the only reason you thought that then you were wrong.

That is the reason, the government had faith in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, they knew it would be a game changer and quite rightly decided to get their orders in early. A wise decision don’t you think You are going off track again and in fact its not worth continuing this .You are not usually this confused so i can actually see why you think the way you do."

Confused? You asked a question, I gave you an answer. Here are the indisputable facts , being in the EU wouldn’t have ‘prevented’ the UK from carrying out the current vaccine roll out . We have the Astra Zeneca vaccine and no matter who was the PM they would have made the same decision . Hopefully you can find another reason why Brexit is working (from your extensive list )

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

so you believe we would have been the only eu member to go against the commission too then?

I deal in facts mate not what ifs and guess work. "

your wasting your time in this forum then.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

That is the reason, the government had faith in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, they knew it would be a game changer and quite rightly decided to get their orders in early. A wise decision don’t you think "

Are you saying the unelected EU commission is thick and unable to run a whelk stall then?

over a year ago

I deal in facts mate not what ifs and guess work. "

Tbh , it was nice to live (even for just a short time )in a hypothetically non Brexit parallel universe

over a year ago

That is the reason, the government had faith in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, they knew it would be a game changer and quite rightly decided to get their orders in early. A wise decision don’t you think

Are you saying the unelected EU commission is thick and unable to run a whelk stall then?"

Why are they selling whelks?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

That is the reason, the government had faith in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, they knew it would be a game changer and quite rightly decided to get their orders in early. A wise decision don’t you think You are going off track again and in fact its not worth continuing this .You are not usually this confused so i can actually see why you think the way you do.

Confused? You asked a question, I gave you an answer. Here are the indisputable facts , being in the EU wouldn’t have ‘prevented’ the UK from carrying out the current vaccine roll out . We have the Astra Zeneca vaccine and no matter who was the PM they would have made the same decision . Hopefully you can find another reason why Brexit is working (from your extensive list ) "

Tell me something i dont know ,it was your opinion that we would have done exactly the same, mine was we would have followed the eu thats what the whole discussion has been about opinions, except you dont want to tell me your reasoning .

over a year ago

That is the reason, the government had faith in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, they knew it would be a game changer and quite rightly decided to get their orders in early. A wise decision don’t you think You are going off track again and in fact its not worth continuing this .You are not usually this confused so i can actually see why you think the way you do.

Confused? You asked a question, I gave you an answer. Here are the indisputable facts , being in the EU wouldn’t have ‘prevented’ the UK from carrying out the current vaccine roll out . We have the Astra Zeneca vaccine and no matter who was the PM they would have made the same decision . Hopefully you can find another reason why Brexit is working (from your extensive list ) Tell me something i dont know ,it was your opinion that we would have done exactly the same, mine was we would have followed the eu thats what the whole discussion has been about opinions, except you dont want to tell me your reasoning ."

Who would have ? You haven’t even stated who the PM would have been ?

over a year ago

Preston

"you were the one who started this parallel universe by saying the uk would have gone its own way even if we were in the eu.

classic you have got yourself in such a muddle you dont realize you started it.

"

He didn't start it costa, you did.

All we were saying was Brexit had nothing to do with the vaccine roll out.

You costa started all this hypothetical nonsense, go back and read for yourself

over a year ago

Preston

I deal in facts mate not what ifs and guess work. your wasting your time in this forum then. "

Yes indeed I've noticed

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"you were the one who started this parallel universe by saying the uk would have gone its own way even if we were in the eu.

classic you have got yourself in such a muddle you dont realize you started it.

He didn't start it costa, you did.

All we were saying was Brexit had nothing to do with the vaccine roll out.

You costa started all this hypothetical nonsense, go back and read for yourself "

im done mate getting dizzy here cant get a straight answer as usual.

over a year ago

It was voted for by the people accept that fact. Like it or not Democracy prevailed.

over a year ago

"It was voted for by the people accept that fact. Like it or not Democracy prevailed. "

Biden 2020’, such a shame Trump and some of his supporters couldn’t accept democracy

over a year ago

"It was voted for by the people accept that fact. Like it or not Democracy prevailed.

Biden 2020’, such a shame Trump and some of his supporters couldn’t accept democracy "

Biden is not permanent brexit is.

over a year ago

"It was voted for by the people accept that fact. Like it or not Democracy prevailed.

Biden 2020’, such a shame Trump and some of his supporters couldn’t accept democracy

Biden is not permanent brexit is. "

We will see,

over a year ago

We will see, "

So in the meantime enjoy what you can. Things change our Agricultural products not that bad and the NHS can use a boost by our corporations. We all make out in the end game.

over a year ago

We will see,

So in the meantime enjoy what you can. Things change our Agricultural products not that bad and the NHS can use a boost by our corporations. We all make out in the end game. "

The world is a better place now Biden is in charge of your country

over a year ago

We will see,

So in the meantime enjoy what you can. Things change our Agricultural products not that bad and the NHS can use a boost by our corporations. We all make out in the end game.

The world is a better place now Biden is in charge of your country "

Sure is

By *bernathCouple
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

The vaccine!?, what about the 100000 who are dead because of the shambolic response due to the push for brexit?

Brexiteers better get off that high horse right now,

No amount of vaccine is ever going to wash the blood off the hands off brexiteers and the covid deniers who associate with them.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

It’s all going swimmingly....

Though the owner of the fish merchant in Looe was on BBC Politics South West this morning and said he voted leave.

But if the referendum was being held tomorrow he would now vote remain.

As the fishing industry has been stitched up like a kipper.

On the same show an Ex-Brexit MEP said that the so-called teething export/import issues are nothing more than an insult.

Though I’m sure that someone will find a great way of spinning this.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

The vaccine!?, what about the 100000 who are dead because of the shambolic response due to the push for brexit?

No amount of vaccine is ever going to wash the blood off the hands off brexiteers and the covid deniers who associate with them."

Lets get this right are you actually blaming brexit for the deaths from covid and only covid deniers who voted leave? un believable i have seen it all now.

By *uninlondon69Man
over a year ago

Lewisham

Are you saying the unelected EU commission is thick and unable to run a whelk stall then?

Why are they selling whelks? "

Because the Europeans want whelks amd the ones we used to supply them with are all stuck in lorries over here. Because of brexit.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS
over a year ago

Plymouth

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

No amount of vaccine is ever going to wash the blood off the hands off brexiteers and the covid deniers who associate with them.Lets get this right are you actually blaming brexit for the deaths from covid and only covid deniers who voted leave? un believable i have seen it all now. "

It's about as valid a claim as the people claiming the vaccine as a victory for brexit...

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS
over a year ago

Plymouth

Does anyone know much about the financial equivalences 'grace period' ? It's due to end in June. This came up in a conversation so it's not a statement of fact, I found some info online which confirms the rules of origin is happening.

They apparently have a a lot of details to sort out, which at the moment means they don't have even more paperwork to get through.

In July another grace period expires and all incoming goods must be registered by an as yet non existent customs officer.

Then in December the rules of origin will have to be certified, if they want to sell cars tariff free, then every component has to be traceable and have a certificate to prove the car is European enough...

All things that were deferred in the brexit deal, all things that will cost more businesses more money and could slow goods down on the border even more...

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

No amount of vaccine is ever going to wash the blood off the hands off brexiteers and the covid deniers who associate with them.Lets get this right are you actually blaming brexit for the deaths from covid and only covid deniers who voted leave? un believable i have seen it all now. It's about as valid a claim as the people claiming the vaccine as a victory for brexit... "

How do you come to that conclusion?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

No amount of vaccine is ever going to wash the blood off the hands off brexiteers and the covid deniers who associate with them.Lets get this right are you actually blaming brexit for the deaths from covid and only covid deniers who voted leave? un believable i have seen it all now. It's about as valid a claim as the people claiming the vaccine as a victory for brexit... "

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Was reading a piece before where it was saying a lot of the smaller countries are still quite happy, as without the pull of the eu they would be at the back of the queue.

Quite ironic considering the usual Brexit claim of the French/German dominance.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Not sure what the question above is? Manufacturers like me have been doing rules of origin paperwork forever including when we were in the EU. Other customs changes simply mean European paperwork matches the import export paperwork from the rest of the world, again we've been doing that forever. For companies who've only ever traded within Europe (not many) there's a bit of a learning curve yes.

Any other changes to customs are purely to make sure all traders are paying VAT correctly to ensure a level playing field.

over a year ago

No Brexit is not working for me or for the people I know. But it’s not a surprise as I’m not a nationalist and I’m not naive enough to think that the sun shines out of any British’s soul’s backside. I’m a European. I’ve always been weary of any simplistic and idealistic view advocated by populists so Brexit is not for me.

If it works out for people who thought that the reason for all Problems in this country were due to the EU, so be it. We’ll soon have better public services, no waiting times in our hospitals thanks to the 350 million a week, a decline in the number of people using food banks and see the end of the stark inequalities that have riddled this country for a long time. Child poverty will also be a thing of the past.

In the meantime, I’m still boycotting any business / company that has encouraged Brexit. There is a Facebook page you can join to find the list so that you can give your hard earned to the people who didn’t agree with this.

over a year ago

"No Brexit is not working for me or for the people I know. But it’s not a surprise as I’m not a nationalist and I’m not naive enough to think that the sun shines out of any British’s soul’s backside. I’m a European. I’ve always been weary of any simplistic and idealistic view advocated by populists so Brexit is not for me.

If it works out for people who thought that the reason for all Problems in this country were due to the EU, so be it. We’ll soon have better public services, no waiting times in our hospitals thanks to the 350 million a week, a decline in the number of people using food banks and see the end of the stark inequalities that have riddled this country for a long time. Child poverty will also be a thing of the past.

In the meantime, I’m still boycotting any business / company that has encouraged Brexit. There is a Facebook page you can join to find the list so that you can give your hard earned to the people who didn’t agree with this. "

You do realise actively boycotting any business will do absolutely zero to help Brexit become a success and will in fact just make it harder for it to be successful.

You don't have to agree with Brexit but it is the hand we have been dealt so we must work to make it a success, not try to sabotage businesses.

I'd hazard a guess that if you boycotted every business who disagreed with your ideals then you would have nowhere to spend your money

over a year ago

"No Brexit is not working for me or for the people I know. But it’s not a surprise as I’m not a nationalist and I’m not naive enough to think that the sun shines out of any British’s soul’s backside. I’m a European. I’ve always been weary of any simplistic and idealistic view advocated by populists so Brexit is not for me.

In the meantime, I’m still boycotting any business / company that has encouraged Brexit. There is a Facebook page you can join to find the list so that you can give your hard earned to the people who didn’t agree with this.

You do realise actively boycotting any business will do absolutely zero to help Brexit become a success and will in fact just make it harder for it to be successful.

You don't have to agree with Brexit but it is the hand we have been dealt so we must work to make it a success, not try to sabotage businesses.

I'd hazard a guess that if you boycotted every business who disagreed with your ideals then you would have nowhere to spend your money "

I’m always careful with how I spend my money. I try to buy products which are ethical for the environment too. As much as possible anyway. I also spend my money with companies that don’t damage my political environment.

These companies that declared themselves pro Brexit did so in their own interests. Their interests are not necessarily mine. If they decided to declare their hand, they should also accept that this could have repercussions on people who don’t agree with their views.

To be honest the list is long but not that long. It’s not a struggle to do my shopping.

I don’t run a business but if I did and if my company was suffering because of Brexit, why would I trade or give any money to businesses that have made my own business worse off?

I honestly couldn’t care less how these companies are doing. They’ve declared their and they also deal with the actions of people who don’t support their stance. I’m not expecting these companies to go bust because of me, but this is my own way to disagree with their stance. People are entitled to spend their money where they want. I’ve never bought as many European products as I am now for example.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

So it's easy to buy European goods then? Good, just so we're clear.

over a year ago

"So it's easy to buy European goods then? Good, just so we're clear. "

Nobody said you couldn’t find French wines in supermarkets or Italian cheese

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

It should be we have a few polish shops round here and a Hungarian opened not so long ago.

over a year ago

"So it's easy to buy European goods then? Good, just so we're clear. It should be we have a few polish shops round here and a Hungarian opened not so long ago. "

Great food. That’s why they aren’t as fat as us!

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"So it's easy to buy European goods then? Good, just so we're clear. It should be we have a few polish shops round here and a Hungarian opened not so long ago.

Great food. That’s why they aren’t as fat as us!

"

speak for yourself bob but you can always diet if your feeling like you are.

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

I think Boris would have done the right thing and followed the vaccine procedure that we are following . I can’t believe you are doubting his ability to do the right thing ? Thats better a straight answer im glad you think so . "

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

over a year ago

Why are they selling whelks?

Because the Europeans want whelks amd the ones we used to supply them with are all stuck in lorries over here. Because of brexit."

Is classed as a ‘Brexit benefit’ for the UKs whelk sellers?

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

I work for a company that retails, 80% is shipped abroad, is it working, yes. Ohh, and the stuff we sell, over 97 % is made in the UK.

Parcels, labelled correctly as per EU requirement are not an issue, though some of the UK pallet carriers tried it on with 'border charges' strangely the price dropped back to normal when challenged and we explained we don't pay those for USA, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia etc.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

N.I. Has now suspended animal-based food checks at ports to goods arriving from the UK over security concerns. Due to menacing behaviour from parts of the loyalists areas of Northern Ireland down to growing tension over the N.I. Protocol.

Nice to see Brexit sowing the seeds of peace and harmony between communities of Northern Ireland once more.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-Ireland-55895276

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

"N.I. Has now suspended animal-based food checks at ports to goods arriving from the UK over security concerns. Due to menacing behaviour from parts of the loyalists areas of Northern Ireland down to growing tension over the N.I. Protocol.

Nice to see Brexit sowing the seeds of peace and harmony between communities of Northern Ireland once more.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-Ireland-55895276"

Yep Ursula from Brussels managed to stoke that one up nicely.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

"N.I. Has now suspended animal-based food checks at ports to goods arriving from the UK over security concerns. Due to menacing behaviour from parts of the loyalists areas of Northern Ireland down to growing tension over the N.I. Protocol.

Yep Ursula from Brussels managed to stoke that one up nicely. "

Not exactly sure how you can blame this one on the EU commission president.

As far as I know the N.l. Protocol is tied up with conditions bound in the GFA.

Brexit was always going to be complex around N. I. I don’t remember seeing “Brexit. let’s treat Northern Ireland separately” on the side of any buses during the referendum campaign.

Have you read the news article there is no mention about the EUCP.

But then again I expect nothing less from some who claims claims someone used “correct “ in post when no such inference was made. Also you use an undercurrent of racism by using phrases like “British Empire”.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Brexit was always going to be complex around N. I. I don’t remember seeing “Brexit. let’s treat Northern Ireland separately” on the side of any buses during the referendum campaign.

But then again I expect nothing less from some who claims claims someone used “correct “ in post when no such inference was made. Also you use an undercurrent of racism by using phrases like “British Empire”.

"

I haven't yet mentioned the Empire today. And I can give you my views on the good Friday agreement but its slightly off topic and you won't like my answer anyway.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

I haven't yet mentioned the Empire today. And I can give you my views on the good Friday agreement but its slightly off topic and you won't like my answer anyway. "

Not like you to go off topic...(sarcasm)

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

Another Brexit bonus is now on the cards as British shellfish companies have warned of a potentially fatal blow to their business due to a post-Brexit ban on unprocessed oysters, cockles and scallops from many UK waters to EU markets. Which just so happens to be one of their largest markets.

This is not a new EU policy to post Brexit This has always been there.

It is always been the case that the EU does not allow unprocessed shellfish from non-member states, referred to as “third countries”

Leaving the EU has now has made UK a “third-country”

“Easiest deal in history” and “frictionless trade” are phrases that spring to mind ......(sarcasm)

Let’s see who is the first to spin this to a brexit positive.....

over a year ago

"Another Brexit bonus is now on the cards as British shellfish companies have warned of a potentially fatal blow to their business due to a post-Brexit ban on unprocessed oysters, cockles and scallops from many UK waters to EU markets. Which just so happens to be one of their largest markets.

It is always been the case that the EU does not allow unprocessed shellfish from non-member states, referred to as “third countries”

“Easiest deal in history” and “frictionless trade” are phrases that spring to mind ......(sarcasm)

"

Adapt and overcome. It's not that hard.

Business has been doing it for centuries.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Another Brexit bonus is now on the cards as British shellfish companies have warned of a potentially fatal blow to their business due to a post-Brexit ban on unprocessed oysters, cockles and scallops from many UK waters to EU markets. Which just so happens to be one of their largest markets.

"

so is the eu going to stop eating them,where do you think the eu boats catch theirs? in uk waters.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

so is the eu going to stop eating them,where do you think the eu boats catch theirs? in uk waters. "

Yes, they do as they are legally allowed to do it.

The shellfishing industry will move to EU fishers operating in UK waters so the market is still served. As UK shellfish industry is now disadvantaged by existing regulations which the UK benefited from pre-Brexit.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

"

Yes I saw that, and it's very clear that it's about genuine safety concerns eating shellfish from polluted waters without using a freshwater purification system that UK producers haven't generally invested in.

Personally I'm in favour of not poisoning people, whatever country they're in.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/reminder-that-boris-johnson-threatened-to-trigger-article-16-two-weeks-ago/30/01/

Short memories

Funny how this adapt and change argument wasnt touted before we left..sunny uplands indeed.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

As an update to my last post UK Shellfish industry has now been told the ban on selling live shellfish to the EU is now permanent as the UK is now a “third-country”

UK government kept misleading the industry saying the restrictions would end on 21st April 2021. When in fact in mid January the European Commission informed the industry the arrangement was permanent.

Where was this on the side a bus....?

Bonus upon bonus....

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"As an update to my last post UK Shellfish industry has now been told the ban on selling live shellfish to the EU is now permanent as the UK is now a “third-country”

UK government kept misleading the industry saying the restrictions would end on 21st April 2021. When in fact in mid January the European Commission informed the industry the arrangement was permanent.

Bonus upon bonus....

"

pmsfl the bus againnnn wtf

over a year ago

"As an update to my last post UK Shellfish industry has now been told the ban on selling live shellfish to the EU is now permanent as the UK is now a “third-country”

Bonus upon bonus....

pmsfl the bus againnnn wtf"

"The bus" represents the misinformation peddled by the leave campaigns.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Bonus upon bonus....

"

Did you read my explanation or are you just interested in a particular agenda?

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

Bonus upon bonus....

Did you read my explanation or are you just interested in a particular agenda? "

What you wrote is only one aspect of the story does not address the fact that the proponents of Brexit misled this industry by peddling false promises that were never going to be or could be delivered.

Yes, you may well have personally not voted to screw over the shellfishing industry but actions have consequences no matter how you try and deflect them.

over a year ago

Preston

Bonus upon bonus....

What you wrote is only one aspect of the story does not address the fact that the proponents of Brexit misled this industry by peddling false promises that were never going to be or could be delivered.

Yes, you may well have personally not voted to screw over the shellfishing industry but actions have consequences no matter how you try and deflect them.

"

Everyone is simply getting what the majority voted for

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Bonus upon bonus....

"

Eh, the proponents of Brexit promised shellfish producers without purification facilities that they could supply contaminated product to European markets? Really?

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

Bonus upon bonus....

Eh, the proponents of Brexit promised shellfish producers without purification facilities that they could supply contaminated product to European markets? Really?"

Nobody probably ever said those exact words but vague promises were made by the Brexit gang about taking control of our fishing waters and seamless trade and being the easiest deal in history.

Yet again this is far from the truth.

As with everything the devil is in the detail and the this is just one of the consequences of over promising and knowing that you won’t be able to deliver.

If you keep saying the same lie over and over enough people will eventually believe it. But in the end reality bites very hard and quickly.

Nigel Farage and the rest of team Brexit pulled a great trick of convincing a large section of the UK population that the economic woes of this country lay purely at the doors of the EU and some people fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Is it not funny how Nigel Farage’s initials are exactly the same as what used to be the National Front.....

I

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Bonus upon bonus....

Eh, the proponents of Brexit promised shellfish producers without purification facilities that they could supply contaminated product to European markets? Really?

Nobody probably ever said those exact words but vague promises were made by the Brexit gang about taking control of our fishing waters and seamless trade and being the easiest deal in history.

As with everything the devil is in the detail and the this is just one of the consequences of over promising and knowing that you won’t be able to deliver.

If you keep saying the same lie over and over enough people will eventually believe it. But in the end reality bites very hard and quickly.

Nigel Farage and the rest of team Brexit pulled a great trick of convincing a large section of the UK population that the economic woes of this country lay purely at the doors of the EU and some people fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Is it not funny how Nigel Farage’s initials are exactly the same as what used to be the National Front.....

I "

Details like shellfish being a small subset (less than 25%) of UK fishing for example?

https://www.seafoodsource.com/features/what-next-for-the-u-k-shellfish-industry

Those pesky details....

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Details like shellfish being a small subset (less than 25%) of UK fishing for example?

Those pesky details...."

...like Oven ready deal, we’ll get a great deal for our Fishermen. You are deluded to think this isn’t a major fuck up

over a year ago

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Those pesky details....

...like Oven ready deal, we’ll get a great deal for our Fishermen. You are deluded to think this isn’t a major fuck up "

I don't think this is a major fuck up. Or any kind of fuck up.

Johnson, Farage, the US corporations who funded the leave campaigns, the ERG, etc never have half a shit about the fishing industry. It's literally inconsequential to them.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Those pesky details....

...like Oven ready deal, we’ll get a great deal for our Fishermen. You are deluded to think this isn’t a major fuck up "

Whist it may only be a industry that generates £400 million maybe you would like to explain how this is great news to the people whose livelihoods will be impacted...

Im sure they will welcome you with open arms and I can even introduce you to some Cornish fishermen who would love to hear you explain this one away..

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Those pesky details....

...like Oven ready deal, we’ll get a great deal for our Fishermen. You are deluded to think this isn’t a major fuck up

Whist it may only be a industry that generates £400 million maybe you would like to explain how this is great news to the people whose livelihoods will be impacted...

Im sure they will welcome you with open arms and I can even introduce you to some Cornish fishermen who would love to hear you explain this one away.."

You think it’s unreasonable that they are being asked to meet fresh water purification processing standards? Rather than poison people? Ridiculous.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Those pesky details....

Im sure they will welcome you with open arms and I can even introduce you to some Cornish fishermen who would love to hear you explain this one away..

You think it’s unreasonable that they are being asked to meet fresh water purification processing standards? Rather than poison people? Ridiculous. "

Who would have though the Govt didn’t care about how the fishing industry actually worked

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Those pesky details....

You think it’s unreasonable that they are being asked to meet fresh water purification processing standards? Rather than poison people? Ridiculous. "

By that leap of faith you are saying that we have waters that previously met EU guidelines for live shelfish exports prior to 1st January 2021 and since then the UK coastal waters have now become dangerously polluted since that date.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Those pesky details....

You think it’s unreasonable that they are being asked to meet fresh water purification processing standards? Rather than poison people? Ridiculous.

By that leap of faith you are saying that we have waters that previously met EU guidelines for live shelfish exports prior to 1st January 2021 and since then the UK coastal waters have now become dangerously polluted since that date."

We are a ‘third country’ and we were part of writing the rules. Whether they make sense or not is irrelevant. The Govt knew the rules and still screwed the Fishermen over. I hope Brexiteers are happy

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Those pesky details....

By that leap of faith you are saying that we have waters that previously met EU guidelines for live shelfish exports prior to 1st January 2021 and since then the UK coastal waters have now become dangerously polluted since that date."

I dont think they are saying that,before the uk could send the shellfish to eu filtration plants to be sold on.Now the uk will have to do the work its self,i guess the uk filtration plants will have to expand in the uk which will lead to new jobs.I also guess the ones in the eu will not be very happy losing that work.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Those pesky details....

By that leap of faith you are saying that we have waters that previously met EU guidelines for live shelfish exports prior to 1st January 2021 and since then the UK coastal waters have now become dangerously polluted since that date.I dont think they are saying that,before the uk could send the shellfish to eu filtration plants to be sold on.Now the uk will have to do the work its self,i guess the uk filtration plants will have to expand in the uk which will lead to new jobs.I also guess the ones in the eu will not be very happy losing that work."

Wouldn’t it have been nice of the Govt to have given people notice, I mean the same Tory Govt since 2016. Promise of frictionless trade, having your cake and eating it, easiest deal ever All we are really seeing is that the Govt did not and does not understand the immense pain businesses are facing in the transition. This will take years to fix, cost billions and ruin many peoples lives. And all for what?

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

"vaccine roll out

nothing more to be said

We negotiated our vaccine roll out whilst in the Brexit transition period. The vaccine programme we quite rightly decided to follow could have been done whilst we were in the EU . Do you dispute these facts All 27 countries agreed to follow the eu do you honestly think that if we had not left we would have been the only country to go its own way?"

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Bonus upon bonus....

I

Those pesky details....

By that leap of faith you are saying that we have waters that previously met EU guidelines for live shelfish exports prior to 1st January 2021 and since then the UK coastal waters have now become dangerously polluted since that date.I dont think they are saying that,before the uk could send the shellfish to eu filtration plants to be sold on.Now the uk will have to do the work its self,i guess the uk filtration plants will have to expand in the uk which will lead to new jobs.I also guess the ones in the eu will not be very happy losing that work.

Wouldn’t it have been nice of the Govt to have given people notice, I mean the same Tory Govt since 2016. Promise of frictionless trade, having your cake and eating it, easiest deal ever All we are really seeing is that the Govt did not and does not understand the immense pain businesses are facing in the transition. This will take years to fix, cost billions and ruin many peoples lives. And all for what? "

Who was the minister who said she didnt have time to read the agreement as she was at a nativity play?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

yes i would have but i think by what i have read the uk was blindsided by the eu on this.

The UK government previously said it thought the restrictions on exports of bivalve molluscs - such as mussels, clams, cockles, scallops and oysters - would end on 21 April.

This was because Brussels was "expected" to change its rules on that date to allow unpurified shellfish in from non-member states.

I agree they should not have listened to eu rumours on this and got it in writing that they were going change the rules or not.

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

That is the reason, the government had faith in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, they knew it would be a game changer and quite rightly decided to get their orders in early. A wise decision don’t you think You are going off track again and in fact its not worth continuing this .You are not usually this confused so i can actually see why you think the way you do."

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"yes i would have but i think by what i have read the uk was blindsided by the eu on this.

The UK government previously said it thought the restrictions on exports of bivalve molluscs - such as mussels, clams, cockles, scallops and oysters - would end on 21 April.

This was because Brussels was "expected" to change its rules on that date to allow unpurified shellfish in from non-member states.

I agree they should not have listened to eu rumours on this and got it in writing that they were going change the rules or not."

& how many other things did they just assume? Rhetorical, as we will only find out when we trip over it. I have no idea what they actually did in the ‘negotiations’.

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

The foreigners still dredge in UK waters for shellfish and retail them in the EU. Will do for another 5 years.

Post new Message to Thread