Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Boris backfires again

Jump to newest

By *inn OP   Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

The trip to Scotland has backfired on Boris. I’m not talking about the right of a PM to visit a member state of the union.

But to come to Scotland and raise the Union Jack was a serious mistake during these very hard times.

Firstly, Boris exemplifies everything the Scottish dislike - privileged, posh school boy, bully, bumbling a typical Tory boy that favours the bankers.

Secondly, turning up during a lockdown with the premise of supporting the Scottish NHS vaccination programme but using it like a cat marking his territory, spraying his unionist words.

It was bad timing, transparently not about the pandemic but firing the starting gun on a political assault on the Scottish people.

So now it begins, a tirade of abuse and accusations on Scottish politicians, predominately Nicola Sturgeon, lies and false words, smearing tactics and intimidation.

The next few months will see all the old arguments and fear tactics being deployed.

But the arguments are the same ones used for leaving the EU - Sovereignty.

So now the Scottish are digging in, getting ready for the unionist first wave.

I am ready, as are my family and friends.

There is no crystal ball for the future, but the people of Scotland would rather make their own decisions and have their voice heard.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The more he goes to Scotland, the better the SNP will do. Anybody who knows Scotland a little bit knows this but the Anglocentric tories just don’t get Scotland.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The trip to Scotland has backfired on Boris. I’m not talking about the right of a PM to visit a member state of the union.

But to come to Scotland and raise the Union Jack was a serious mistake during these very hard times.

Firstly, Boris exemplifies everything the Scottish dislike - privileged, posh school boy, bully, bumbling a typical Tory boy that favours the bankers.

Secondly, turning up during a lockdown with the premise of supporting the Scottish NHS vaccination programme but using it like a cat marking his territory, spraying his unionist words.

It was bad timing, transparently not about the pandemic but firing the starting gun on a political assault on the Scottish people.

So now it begins, a tirade of abuse and accusations on Scottish politicians, predominately Nicola Sturgeon, lies and false words, smearing tactics and intimidation.

The next few months will see all the old arguments and fear tactics being deployed.

But the arguments are the same ones used for leaving the EU - Sovereignty.

So now the Scottish are digging in, getting ready for the unionist first wave.

I am ready, as are my family and friends.

There is no crystal ball for the future, but the people of Scotland would rather make their own decisions and have their voice heard.

"

You can already see on here The obsession they have with wee nicola.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Bit dramatic OP. What are you ready for?

I wouldn’t worry I can’t see anything other than an SNP victory. I don’t see anything that indicates any burgeoning Tory Support North or South of the border tbh.

over a year ago

His rationale for coming up aside, there was nothing essential about the visit, it should not have happened.

I would say that about any politician from any party.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

The PM doesn't visit, the SNP bash him for it

The PM does visit, the SNP bash him for it.

What a quandary - seems there isn't a right or wrong...

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"The PM doesn't visit, the SNP bash him for it

What a quandary - seems there isn't a right or wrong..."

It was bad judgement in my opinion. Look at the flak the royals got when they did it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

It was unnecessary in this time, nothing to do with doing the day job and only about trying to deflect from poor personal poll ratings..

over a year ago

here

It was bad judgement in my opinion. Look at the flak the royals got when they did it.

"

Another example of the SNP/Sturgeon mafia weaving their web of separation

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Another example of the SNP/Sturgeon mafia weaving their web of separation "

what

over a year ago

There is though, current restrictions. Its not about what SNP may or may not think, its just common sense to abide by the restrictions for the time being. There was nothing essential about this trip so it should have been delayed. That's all.

over a year ago

here

Another example of the SNP/Sturgeon mafia weaving their web of separation

what "

The criticism of the Royals visiting - instigated by SNP/Sturgeon

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

There is though, current restrictions. Its not about what SNP may or may not think, its just common sense to abide by the restrictions for the time being. There was nothing essential about this trip so it should have been delayed. That's all. "

Are we forgetting this is his job and you are allowed to travel for work, are you not?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

There is though, current restrictions. Its not about what SNP may or may not think, its just common sense to abide by the restrictions for the time being. There was nothing essential about this trip so it should have been delayed. That's all.

Are we forgetting this is his job and you are allowed to travel for work, are you not?"

Only if you cant do it from home.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Are we forgetting this is his job and you are allowed to travel for work, are you not?

Only if you cant do it from home."

Can you visit Scotland from home?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Can you visit Scotland from home? "

Why did he have to visit?

What was so urgent?

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

What was so urgent?"

I don't believe it stipulates "urgent" just job and as PM of UK it is his job.

over a year ago

This visit is essentially no different to him visiting Bristol or Manchester. No one was up in arms about those trips and the only reason this is news is because Sturgeon has made it news.

over a year ago

"This visit is essentially no different to him visiting Bristol or Manchester. No one was up in arms about those trips and the only reason this is news is because Sturgeon has made it news.

"

Well he’s not welcome in Bristol either.

By *lderguy4uMan
over a year ago

wirral

I'm not a Boris fan but the sooner we get rid of Scotland the better re-build the wall I say

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"This visit is essentially no different to him visiting Bristol or Manchester. No one was up in arms about those trips and the only reason this is news is because Sturgeon has made it news.

Well he’s not welcome in Bristol either.

"

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

What was so urgent?

I don't believe it stipulates "urgent" just job and as PM of UK it is his job."

So he can just do as he wants basically?

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

What was so urgent?

I don't believe it stipulates "urgent" just job and as PM of UK it is his job.

So he can just do as he wants basically?"

If you say so Lionel I'm sure you know best.

By *inn OP   Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"

I think the Scottish people have made it news and the media. You do know what is a stake here. Scottish independence and he could have and frequently does this in PMQs.

If he was just doing a visit like other English visits why didn’t he stick to encouraging words for the Scottish NHS.

Did he even give encouragement or thanks - no. Just piddling like a stray cat in Scotland.

over a year ago

I think the Scottish people have made it news and the media. You do know what is a stake here. Scottish independence and he could have and frequently does this in PMQs.

If he was just doing a visit like other English visits why didn’t he stick to encouraging words for the Scottish NHS.

Did he even give encouragement or thanks - no. Just piddling like a stray cat in Scotland. "

So he didn't give any encourage or thanks during his visit? It was all about independence?

over a year ago

Are we forgetting this is his job and you are allowed to travel for work, are you not?"

If essential yes. This trip was not essential it's as simple as that.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

If essential yes. This trip was not essential it's as simple as that. "

The "essential" bit is for social not work, if your at work your at work. It's his job to visit places in UK.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

I know

Let’s build a wall!!

over a year ago

here

If essential yes. This trip was not essential it's as simple as that. "

Essential that the good folks of Scotland are reminded the vaccine being delivered is a result of the United Kingdom working together - something the SNP won't be talking about and broadcasting when they are huddled together focusing on a badly timed and poorly thought out 11 point plan to independence.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

The visit was about countering the newspaper front pages on Tuesday, here's the PM supporting the troops etc..

He could have done that by zoom, it is what they all do we know but at this time no need to..

Unless it was also to trigger sturgeon..

over a year ago

Essential that the good folks of Scotland are reminded the vaccine being delivered is a result of the United Kingdom working together - something the SNP won't be talking about and broadcasting when they are huddled together focusing on a badly timed and poorly thought out 11 point plan to independence.

"

Are you telling us that the Scots are too thick to understand the vaccine is a combined effort - and an international one as these vaccines are not just British?

over a year ago

The "essential" bit is for social not work, if your at work your at work. It's his job to visit places in UK."

Only go into work if essential otherwise work from home, coming here wasn't essential whatever way you try to dress it up.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

The Scots are happy to take are money and our vaccine well give them independance cut of there money,there vaccine supplies see how they like independance then.

Sturgeon does not give a shit for her people she just wants power and hates the English she is a really nasty peace of work.If she got independance and thousands of her people die she would not care she is another Mugabi

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 10:50:42]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/01/21 10:51:42]

over a year ago

I stopped at ‘the Scots take are money’ and ‘there money’.

They keep coming up with polls about Scottish independence but I’d love to have one about the percentages of Brexiteers who can’t tell ‘there’ and ‘their’ apart. Ditto for ‘of’ and ‘have’. It’s quite staggering. I really hope that a university of some sort will carry out an in-depth study on the correlation between the inability to master our language most basic rules and the likelihood of these people to vote Brexit and blame our neighbours for their shortcomings. Is English nationalism linked to poor education? It would definitely be a fascinating study!

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

The "essential" bit is for social not work, if your at work your at work. It's his job to visit places in UK.

Only go into work if essential otherwise work from home, coming here wasn't essential whatever way you try to dress it up. "

It obviously was essential and i don't think the PM has to justify himself.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"I stopped at ‘the Scots take are money’ and ‘there money’.

They keep coming up with polls about Scottish independence but I’d love to have one about the percentages of Brexiteers who can’t tell ‘there’ and ‘their’ apart. Ditto for ‘of’ and ‘have’. It’s quite staggering. I really hope that a university of some sort will carry out an in-depth study on the correlation between the inability to master our language most basic rules and the likelihood of these people to vote Brexit and blame our neighbours for their shortcomings. Is English nationalism linked to poor education? It would definitely be a fascinating study!"

Not cool going after someone’s spelling mate.

over a year ago

here

Only go into work if essential otherwise work from home, coming here wasn't essential whatever way you try to dress it up.

It obviously was essential and i don't think the PM has to justify himself."

oh heck !!!

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

They keep coming up with polls about Scottish independence but I’d love to have one about the percentages of Brexiteers who can’t tell ‘there’ and ‘their’ apart. Ditto for ‘of’ and ‘have’. It’s quite staggering. I really hope that a university of some sort will carry out an in-depth study on the correlation between the inability to master our language most basic rules and the likelihood of these people to vote Brexit and blame our neighbours for their shortcomings. Is English nationalism linked to poor education? It would definitely be a fascinating study!"

Their, their did that take u 3 attempts to git it write?

over a year ago

They keep coming up with polls about Scottish independence but I’d love to have one about the percentages of Brexiteers who can’t tell ‘there’ and ‘their’ apart. Ditto for ‘of’ and ‘have’. It’s quite staggering. I really hope that a university of some sort will carry out an in-depth study on the correlation between the inability to master our language most basic rules and the likelihood of these people to vote Brexit and blame our neighbours for their shortcomings. Is English nationalism linked to poor education? It would definitely be a fascinating study!

Not cool going after someone’s spelling mate. "

Well I am not really going after this person’s spelling but I must admit that I find it difficult to give people who can’t write the most basic words any credibility when it comes to very complex political issues. Not everybody can be great at spelling and I don’t have a problem but I would genuinely find it interesting if there were studies about the link between poor spelling and inability to master one’s mother tongue and political views.

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

So it’s ok to be a Scottish Nationalist but not a English one then

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

He is pm he can do what he wants

over a year ago

Their, their did that take u 3 attempts to git it write? "

Yes, made a few typos. A bit ironic I know.

over a year ago

So it’s ok to be a Scottish Nationalist but not a English one then "

Interesting question. I understand what the SNP is after and the reasons for their frustrations. I am not sure about English nationalism. England is dominating the Union in many ways so I’m not sure what English nationalists try to achieve. The Scots have been voting for years and years for parties that never were represented in Downing Street. When they used to vote Labour, they had Thatcher or other Tory prime ministers for example.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Interesting question. I understand what the SNP is after and the reasons for their frustrations. I am not sure about English nationalism. England is dominating the Union in many ways so I’m not sure what English nationalists try to achieve. The Scots have been voting for years and years for parties that never were represented in Downing Street. When they used to vote Labour, they had Thatcher or other Tory prime ministers for example. "

Many more English vote for members of the party which end up losing and therefore have a PM they do not want nor vote for.

over a year ago

Interesting question. I understand what the SNP is after and the reasons for their frustrations. I am not sure about English nationalism. England is dominating the Union in many ways so I’m not sure what English nationalists try to achieve. The Scots have been voting for years and years for parties that never were represented in Downing Street. When they used to vote Labour, they had Thatcher or other Tory prime ministers for example.

Many more English vote for members of the party which end up losing and therefore have a PM they do not want nor vote for."

However the party that gets the most votes in England has always ended up in Downing Street. Hardly ever in Scotland so no wonder more and more Scots Scots feel the Union is not working for them.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Many more English vote for members of the party which end up losing and therefore have a PM they do not want nor vote for.

However the party that gets the most votes in England has always ended up in Downing Street. Hardly ever in Scotland so no wonder more and more Scots Scots feel the Union is not working for them. "

The whole "1st past the post" system is wrong and should be changed, IMHO

over a year ago

However the party that gets the most votes in England has always ended up in Downing Street. Hardly ever in Scotland so no wonder more and more Scots Scots feel the Union is not working for them.

The whole "1st past the post" system is wrong and should be changed, IMHO"

I couldn’t agree more but you can’t expect the two parties who benefit the most from it to even contemplate changing it. So I can’t see how things will ever change.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The Scots are happy to take are money and our vaccine well give them independance cut of there money,there vaccine supplies see how they like independance then.

Sturgeon does not give a shit for her people she just wants power and hates the English she is a really nasty peace of work.If she got independance and thousands of her people die she would not care she is another Mugabi "

Clearly the irony will be missed with you Emma in posting about the nastiness you've assumed and at the same time suggesting cutting off vaccines at a time we have lost thousands..

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

"I'm not a Boris fan but the sooner we get rid of Scotland the better re-build the wall I say "

over a year ago

It obviously was essential and i don't think the PM has to justify himself."

Are you serious?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Are you serious? "

I think an aide said..he is pm he can do as he pleases.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Are you serious? "

He's simply doing his job, and not breaking any rules, what is there to justify?

over a year ago

Are you serious?

He's simply doing his job, and not breaking any rules, what is there to justify?"

Think as you do, my view is regardless of what he is there was nothing at all to be gained by him travelling all that way, end of story.

over a year ago

Are you serious?

He's simply doing his job, and not breaking any rules, what is there to justify?"

What is it you do understand in the following sentence ‘work from home if you can’? It’s a pretty easy rule to understand I guess. Well, i though it was.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Are you serious?

He's simply doing his job, and not breaking any rules, what is there to justify?

What is it you do understand in the following sentence ‘work from home if you can’? It’s a pretty easy rule to understand I guess. Well, i though it was."

I understand it's not possible to visit Scotland from home.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Are you serious?

Think as you do, my view is regardless of what he is there was nothing at all to be gained by him travelling all that way, end of story. "

IYHO ?

over a year ago

Are you serious?

What is it you do understand in the following sentence ‘work from home if you can’? It’s a pretty easy rule to understand I guess. Well, i though it was.

I understand it's not possible to visit Scotland from home."

It also wasn't required.

By *armandwet50Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

Are you serious?

It also wasn't required. "

If the boss say's it is, then it is and he's the boss, like it or not.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Are you serious?

It also wasn't required.

If the boss say's it is, then it is and he's the boss, like it or not."

over a year ago

Are you serious?

It also wasn't required.

I like people who know their place.

Politicians like them too.

over a year ago

Are you serious?

It also wasn't required.

You're funny lol

Post new Message to Thread