Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Hong Kong

Jump to newest

By *ealthy_and_Hung OP   Man
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

how do those who voted leave because of the amount of europeans who arrived in the UK feel about the estimated 3 million Hong Kong citizens eligable for BNO status and their further 2.5 millions dependents exercising their right to free movement and potentially relocating to the UK?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"how do those who voted leave because of the amount of europeans who arrived in the UK feel about the estimated 3 million Hong Kong citizens eligable for BNO status and their further 2.5 millions dependents exercising their right to free movement and potentially relocating to the UK?"

Good point, that is a lot of ‘immigrants’ to house ,

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

I'm not sure that the majority of Hong Kongers will have the required funds to come here.

Its suggested that several of the more affluent english speakers may well come, but many of them favour Australia anyway.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure that the majority of Hong Kongers will have the required funds to come here.

Its suggested that several of the more affluent english speakers may well come, but many of them favour Australia anyway. "

Will Australia accept them all?

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"I'm not sure that the majority of Hong Kongers will have the required funds to come here.

Its suggested that several of the more affluent english speakers may well come, but many of them favour Australia anyway.

Will Australia accept them all?"

The ultra rich ones won't have a problem!

over a year ago

arrests in the dozens every day now. i personally believe that will provide rather alot of motivation to find the 'air-fare'

over a year ago

The ultra rich ones won't have a problem! "

The ultra rich never have a problem. I thought it would be beneficial to the UK if these wealthy people chose the UK instead

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"arrests in the dozens every day now. i personally believe that will provide rather alot of motivation to find the 'air-fare'"

The air fare will be the easy bit.

Once here, they aren't eligible for benefits, and there are quite a few charges and fees that they must find.

They have to be here for five year s before being considered fir UK citizenship.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

The ultra rich never have a problem. I thought it would be beneficial to the UK if these wealthy people chose the UK instead "

It would but come on... Sunderland or Sydney, Manchester or Melbourne... which would you choose?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

The ultra rich never have a problem. I thought it would be beneficial to the UK if these wealthy people chose the UK instead

It would but come on... Sunderland or Sydney, Manchester or Melbourne... which would you choose? "

or Perth or Perth

over a year ago

if people come do you honestly think that the government will send them back on technicalities after all their posturing?

over a year ago

It would but come on... Sunderland or Sydney, Manchester or Melbourne... which would you choose? "

London

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Will Australia accept them all?"

aslong as they don’t pour in at a rate of 300odd thousand a yr it’s all good to me

over a year ago

Will Australia accept them all?aslong as they don’t pour in at a rate of 300odd thousand a yr it’s all good to me "

it seems that's the kind of figure that the foreign office has mentioned last month. it's why i'm asking, but seems none of the leavers who voted on the grounds of excluding free movement of foreigners to the UK are paying attention. there's talk of resettling thousands in the red wall towns to further bolster the tory vote there.

over a year ago

Will Australia accept them all?aslong as they don’t pour in at a rate of 300odd thousand a yr it’s all good to me

it seems that's the kind of figure that the foreign office has mentioned last month. it's why i'm asking, but seems none of the leavers who voted on the grounds of excluding free movement of foreigners to the UK are paying attention. there's talk of resettling thousands in the red wall towns to further bolster the tory vote there."

sorry ... should read '... red wall towns of the north ...'

over a year ago

the visa application system has gone live today.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"if people come do you honestly think that the government will send them back on technicalities after all their posturing?"
Yes because they are subject to immigration controls and do not have an automatic right to live or work in the uk.

over a year ago

Will Australia accept them all?aslong as they don’t pour in at a rate of 300odd thousand a yr it’s all good to me

it seems that's the kind of figure that the foreign office has mentioned last month. it's why i'm asking, but seems none of the leavers who voted on the grounds of excluding free movement of foreigners to the UK are paying attention. there's talk of resettling thousands in the red wall towns to further bolster the tory vote there."

What does that mean?

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

it seems that's the kind of figure that the foreign office has mentioned last month. it's why i'm asking, but seems none of the leavers who voted on the grounds of excluding free movement of foreigners to the UK are paying attention. there's talk of resettling thousands in the red wall towns to further bolster the tory vote there.

What does that mean? "

Just more left wing paranoia

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

They are very welcome

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"how do those who voted leave because of the amount of europeans who arrived in the UK feel about the estimated 3 million Hong Kong citizens eligable for BNO status and their further 2.5 millions dependents exercising their right to free movement and potentially relocating to the UK?"

Bbc quoting about 300,000 expected to apply with 7,000 already settled. Their problem could be that China will not recognise the new status so may prevent them from leaving

over a year ago

Wouldn't really have an issue at all with it.

I would run as far away as i could from the CCP also tbh.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Saw something online the other day and what i could gather the chinese goverment seem to be going down the path of not letting anyone leave hong kong for the uk

over a year ago

Maybe we could do an exchange thing with Momentum supporters, don't they want to live under communism?

Or think they do

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

As you rightly point out, not everyone who voted to leave the European Union did so because of immigration.

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

"how do those who voted leave because of the amount of europeans who arrived in the UK feel about the estimated 3 million Hong Kong citizens eligable for BNO status and their further 2.5 millions dependents exercising their right to free movement and potentially relocating to the UK?

As you rightly point out, not everyone who voted to leave the European Union did so because of immigration. "

Almost seems like a remainer troll thread

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Maybe we could do an exchange thing with Momentum supporters, don't they want to live under communism?

Or think they do"

Well as you would say a fair society=communism, yep you may have a point.

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Maybe we could do an exchange thing with Momentum supporters, don't they want to live under communism?

Or think they do

Well as you would say a fair society=communism, yep you may have a point."

If offered the opportunity, Lionel, would you go? If so why?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

If offered the opportunity, Lionel, would you go? If so why? "

Hong Kong?

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?"

To a communist state?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state? "

So China?

By *uliaChrisCouple
over a year ago

westerham

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?"

There’s not many others to choose from, only Cuba, Laos, Vietnam and North Korea.

By definition they are one party states, so I’d be a bit surprised if any democrat wanted to live in any of those places.

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

i guess its no fun living under a communist government if you are a Uighurs.

over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?"

So you think living under the CCP is a fair society?

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?"

Would it matter which one? You said 'fair society =communism'. As you seem to hate the government and the country you live in I just wondered if you were set up in a communist state, whether you would go? If so, why, but if not, why?

over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Would it matter which one? You said 'fair society =communism'. As you seem to hate the government and the country you live in I just wondered if you were set up in a communist state, whether you would go? If so, why, but if not, why?"

Tbf im sure he would be in the upper party so it will be fine for him lol

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

There’s not many others to choose from, only Cuba, Laos, Vietnam and North Korea.

By definition they are one party states, so I’d be a bit surprised if any democrat wanted to live in any of those places. "

I'm not sure I'd say n korea was communist

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Would it matter which one? You said 'fair society =communism'. As you seem to hate the government and the country you live in I just wondered if you were set up in a communist state, whether you would go? If so, why, but if not, why?"

Perhaps having another go and reading what I actually said

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

So you think living under the CCP is a fair society? "

Wanna point out where I said that?

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Would it matter which one? You said 'fair society =communism'. As you seem to hate the government and the country you live in I just wondered if you were set up in a communist state, whether you would go? If so, why, but if not, why?

"

Ok, taking aside the quote, the rest of it still stands.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Ok, taking aside the quote, the rest of it still stands."

What still stands.?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Wanna point out where I said that?"

Taps fingers....

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

What still stands.?"

Wriggling?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/01/21 17:41:11]

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

What still stands.?

Wriggling?"

Nope.. you said I said something which I didnt so I you assume you have backtracked on that now?

Would I live in a communist country?

Probally not.

I think the basic tents of working together are admirable but I think people are too selfish. I think the countries which work the best ,are those where they have a mixture of socialism and capitalism,like the scandi countries.

over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Taps fingers....

"

Soz I didn't jump out of my chair to reply, not like i may be doing something else

'Maybe we could do an exchange thing with Momentum supporters, don't they want to live under communism?

Or think they do

Well as you would say a fair society=communism, yep you may have a point.'

From what i know alot of members of momentum are Tankies

Also to me that insinuates you think China is a fair society

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Taps fingers....

Soz I didn't jump out of my chair to reply, not like i may be doing something else

'Maybe we could do an exchange thing with Momentum supporters, don't they want to live under communism?

Or think they do

"

The clue is in the bit where I Said..well as you would say a fair society =communism.

Ive not idea what a tankie is.

China is an extremely repressive regime..no where have I even hinted it's a fair society.

over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Taps fingers....

Or think they do

The clue is in the bit where I Said..well as you would say a fair society =communism.

China is an extremely repressive regime..no where have I even hinted it's a fair society."

Or think they do

You are alluding to momentum just wanting a fair society

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Taps fingers....

Or think they do

China is an extremely repressive regime..no where have I even hinted it's a fair society.

Or think they do

You are alluding to momentum just wanting a fair society"

Dont they?

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

What still stands.?

Wriggling?

Nope.. you said I said something which I didnt so I you assume you have backtracked on that now?

Would I live in a communist country?

Probally not.

I think the basic tents of working together are admirable but I think people are too selfish. I think the countries which work the best ,are those where they have a mixture of socialism and capitalism,like the scandi countries. "

You've answered my question, thanks. It wasn't meant to be a trick question, just a straight forward would you swap this country for a communist state? You said no. Thanks.

over a year ago

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Taps fingers....

Or think they do

Or think they do

Dont they?"

Fair for the Pigs maybe

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Or think they do

Hong Kong?

To a communist state?

So China?

Taps fingers....

Or think they do

Or think they do

Dont they?

Fair for the Pigs maybe"

Fair for everyone

By *ichiebigMan
over a year ago

nenagh

In 10 years time and you guys have in the UK have all the millions of Hong Kong people settled in England, you should be just about ready to resettle a million bitter,always say no,ulster protestants who will be unable to live in a modern pluralist, multicultural, United Ireland,as arelene foster has said it would turn her stomach to live in such a place, and I have to say you are welcome to your unionist brothers and sisters, they will be your problem then

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"In 10 years time and you guys have in the UK have all the millions of Hong Kong people settled in England, you should be just about ready to resettle a million bitter,always say no,ulster protestants who will be unable to live in a modern pluralist, multicultural, United Ireland,as arelene foster has said it would turn her stomach to live in such a place, and I have to say you are welcome to your unionist brothers and sisters, they will be your problem then "

She is a little sweetie.

over a year ago

Post new Message to Thread