Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Bungling Burnham

Jump to newest

By *lay 4 u OP   Man
over a year ago

bolton

He seems to be very quite on the fiasco going on in GM police.as the head of Manchester including the police why hasn't he fallen on his sword as did the chief constable did . Instead of setting up a telephone line . Even better he could go back to the pubs in London .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"He seems to be very quite on the fiasco going on in GM police.as the head of Manchester including the police why hasn't he fallen on his sword as did the chief constable did . Instead of setting up a telephone line . Even better he could go back to the pubs in London ."

Doesnt do to cross the bungling philanderer does it?

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

He is a nasty peace of work

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"He is a nasty peace of work"

Yes but what about Burnham?

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"He is a nasty peace of work

Yes but what about Burnham?"

Ha ha

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

It's not under his remit, it is under the deputy mayor.

And before anyone comes out with "the buck stops here" approach, think!!!!! You apply it to Burnham then you apply it at all gvmt levels...in which case the "buck" stops at the very top of the policing and judicial system......which is the Home Secretary.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

London met started this non reporting lark so Manchester just following suit .

Burnham had to take advice on the appointment of police chiefs . Guess the advice wasn’t that great .

Personally I think the police get no support from us all. We should lock up repeat offenders for a long time. Yes no rehabilitation but less crimes .

Please can we lick up the cabinet first for lying while in office and falsely claiming to govern!

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"It's not under his remit, it is under the deputy mayor.

And before anyone comes out with "the buck stops here" approach, think!!!!! You apply it to Burnham then you apply it at all gvmt levels...in which case the "buck" stops at the very top of the policing and judicial system......which is the Home Secretary. "

Its nothing to do with policing

They cant forgive him for standing upto that clown, so they are throwing any type of shit at him.

Its embarrassing.

By *ackal1Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

"London met started this non reporting lark so Manchester just following suit .

Burnham had to take advice on the appointment of police chiefs . Guess the advice wasn’t that great .

Personally I think the police get no support from us all. We should lock up repeat offenders for a long time. Yes no rehabilitation but less crimes .

Please can we lick up the cabinet first for lying while in office and falsely claiming to govern! "

Definitely lock not lick!! Fuck

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Burnham shouldn't be anywhere near public office after what happened with Staffordshire hospital

By *dsindyTV/TS
over a year ago

East Lancashire

"Burnham shouldn't be anywhere near public office after what happened with Staffordshire hospital "

Johnson shouldn't be anywhere near public office after what happened with giving out information to a friend to have a reporter beaten up.

See.....works both ways.

over a year ago

"Burnham shouldn't be anywhere near public office after what happened with Staffordshire hospital "

Ah so you think the current Home Secretary should resign over the gmp situation then.

over a year ago

"Burnham shouldn't be anywhere near public office after what happened with Staffordshire hospital

Ah so you think the current Home Secretary should resign over the gmp situation then."

I dunno, has she ordered a cover up of it?

By *lay 4 u OP   Man
over a year ago

bolton

And before anyone comes out with "the buck stops here" approsach, think!!!!! You apply it to Burnham then you apply it at all gvmt levels...in which case the "buck" stops at the very top of the policing and judicial system......which is the Home Secretary.

They cant forgive him for standing upto that clown, so they are throwing any type of shit at him.

Its embarrassing. "

seem to remember him beating his chest the roll out of new officers.As for standing up against that clown what did he gain by that appart from keeping us in tier 3 unlike Liverpool who locked down and emerged in tier 2. So what has he done since taking office apart from costing millions to the people of Manchester?. As said before which ever way the winds blowing and if a strong wing head down and let someone else catch it.

over a year ago

I think we can apply the ‘Boris won the election with an 80 seat majority ‘ logic (that I here from Tory voters when defending Boris) with Andy Burnham. He easily won the mayoral election and he will easily get re elected . The vast majority of voters and the people of greater Manchester like and support him, and at the end of the day that is all that matters

over a year ago

"Burnham shouldn't be anywhere near public office after what happened with Staffordshire hospital

Ah so you think the current Home Secretary should resign over the gmp situation then.

I dunno, has she ordered a cover up of it? "

I've not seen any evidence that Burnham ordered a cover up. Can you point me to it.

over a year ago

And before anyone comes out with "the buck stops here" approsach, think!!!!! You apply it to Burnham then you apply it at all gvmt levels...in which case the "buck" stops at the very top of the policing and judicial system......which is the Home Secretary.

Its embarrassing. seem to remember him beating his chest the roll out of new officers.As for standing up against that clown what did he gain by that appart from keeping us in tier 3 unlike Liverpool who locked down and emerged in tier 2. So what has he done since taking office apart from costing millions to the people of Manchester?. As said before which ever way the winds blowing and if a strong wing head down and let someone else catch it."

He won get over it.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Its embarrassing. seem to remember him beating his chest the roll out of new officers.As for standing up against that clown what did he gain by that appart from keeping us in tier 3 unlike Liverpool who locked down and emerged in tier 2. So what has he done since taking office apart from costing millions to the people of Manchester?. As said before which ever way the winds blowing and if a strong wing head down and let someone else catch it.

He won get over it."

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

I dunno, has she ordered a cover up of it? "

Like the attempted cover up when she drove someone to the brink of suicide?

over a year ago

I dunno, has she ordered a cover up of it?

I've not seen any evidence that Burnham ordered a cover up. Can you point me to it."

Well you couldn't have looked very hard. What does refusing to hold a public inquiry mean? And he tried to cover up CQC findings and Labour failings at other hospitals. Maybe you just see what you want to see

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Burnham launched 2 investigations into the scandal..on the 21st of july 2009 and a further one.. the report was published in Feb 2010..he then agreed to a further investigation where compensation was paid out.

over a year ago

"Burnham launched 2 investigations into the scandal..on the 21st of july 2009 and a further one.. the report was published in Feb 2010..he then agreed to a further investigation where compensation was paid out."

Private investigation not public.

And he didn't have a choice by then, he was out of office. And it doesn't really matter what you or I think, the people of Staffordshire who were affected know the truth and were disgusted by him and by the labour party and their handling of the NHS. Maybe that is reflected in the way that Staffordshire votes come election time eh

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Burnham launched 2 investigations into the scandal..on the 21st of july 2009 and a further one.. the report was published in Feb 2010..he then agreed to a further investigation where compensation was paid out.

And he didn't have a choice by then, he was out of office. And it doesn't really matter what you or I think, the people of Staffordshire who were affected know the truth and were disgusted by him and by the labour party and their handling of the NHS. Maybe that is reflected in the way that Staffordshire votes come election time eh"

Is he standing in Staffordshire?

over a year ago

Andy Burnham was elected the mayor of greater Manchester by winning 63% of the votes, a huge majority that was far higher that the one Boris won at the GE. He will easily win the next mayoral election as well,

over a year ago

"Burnham launched 2 investigations into the scandal..on the 21st of july 2009 and a further one.. the report was published in Feb 2010..he then agreed to a further investigation where compensation was paid out.

And he didn't have a choice by then, he was out of office. And it doesn't really matter what you or I think, the people of Staffordshire who were affected know the truth and were disgusted by him and by the labour party and their handling of the NHS. Maybe that is reflected in the way that Staffordshire votes come election time eh

Is he standing in Staffordshire?"

No but his legacy means the useless Labour Party and anyone who represents them doesn't stand a chance

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

No but his legacy means the useless Labour Party and anyone who represents them doesn't stand a chance "

It's a Tory stronghold anyway so its completely irrelevant

He is popular in Manchester where the Tories were wiped out.

That's all that matters

over a year ago

No but his legacy means the useless Labour Party and anyone who represents them doesn't stand a chance

That's all that matters"

No mate, he's just a token. What really matters is the country, where Labour were wiped out

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

That's all that matters

No mate, he's just a token. What really matters is the country, where Labour were wiped out "

Well as the thread is actually about Burnham I think you will find he does.

And despite the rather pitiful smear attempts, he remains extremely popular and I cant see him being replaced by a tory any time soon.

over a year ago

That's all that matters

No mate, he's just a token. What really matters is the country, where Labour were wiped out

And despite the rather pitiful smear attempts, he remains extremely popular and I cant see him being replaced by a tory any time soon."

Exactly, he is extremely popular, the Tories are despised in Manchester

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

That's all that matters

And despite the rather pitiful smear attempts, he remains extremely popular and I cant see him being replaced by a tory any time soon.

Exactly, he is extremely popular, the Tories are despised in Manchester "

As in other places

over a year ago

That's all that matters

Exactly, he is extremely popular, the Tories are despised in Manchester

As in other places "

Yep, Liverpool as well,

over a year ago

That's all that matters

And despite the rather pitiful smear attempts, he remains extremely popular and I cant see him being replaced by a tory any time soon."

My attempt? I think he managed that himself.

I'm sure Joe Anderson was also popular. The stupidity of Labour voters knows no bounds

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

That's all that matters

I'm sure Joe Anderson was also popular. The stupidity of Labour voters knows no bounds "

Are you saying 1 person represents an entire party?

A tory talking about 'stupid voters??

Watch out for that glasshouse

over a year ago

The people of Liverpool and Manchester have always hated the Tories, the surrounding areas are insignificant

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

That's all that matters

I'm sure Joe Anderson was also popular. The stupidity of Labour voters knows no bounds "

So was Charlie Elphicke..

So much so that the lord chief justice had to remind several prominent Tories as to their potentially crossing the line and interference in his trial..

However as regards Burnham Elphicke is about as relevant as Anderson who in sure you don't need reminded is an innocent man until such time as due process takes its course..

over a year ago

Tories don't hold their own to the same standards as Labour.

over a year ago

The ECHR do

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/12/20 13:27:31]

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The ECHR do"

Will that report into islamaphobia be out any time this decade?

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Like most Politian's Burnham is an opportunist and delivers a brand of hindsight and envy politics. In the good times he`s delivering in the bad times its Thatcher's fault.

Although that being said, Starmer, Sturgeon, Blackford and Khan are even worse!!!Shamelessness maneuvering through this horrendous crisis.

Khan and Sturgeon both had to have COBRA access limited as they constantly leaked information, and or delivered the policy briefed from Westminster in advance of the government. Sturgeon did this twice, making out London briefed policy direction was indeed her own internal policy.

Sturgeon would tweak language/ definitions, maybe ad or remove the odd policy from direct Westminster policy. Then deliver her approached and suggesting Scotland had "diverged" from UK policy.

I cant bare any of it. Its all a steaming pile of crud. "

At least they attended the meetings

over a year ago

Like most Politian's Burnham is an opportunist and delivers a brand of hindsight and envy politics. In the good times he`s delivering in the bad times its Thatcher's fault.

Although, Starmer, Sturgeon, Blackford and Khan are even worse!!!Shamelessly conducting political manoeuvres through this horrendous crisis.

Khan and Sturgeon both had to have COBRA access limited as they constantly leaked information, and or delivered the policy briefed from Westminster in advance of the government. Sturgeon did this twice, making out London briefed policy was indeed her own internal policy. Basically she stole Bumbling Bo Jos homework.

Sturgeon would tweak language/ definitions, maybe ad or remove the odd policy from direct Westminster policy. Then deliver her “independent” approach, suggesting Scotland had "diverged" from UK policy.

I cant bare any of it. Its all a steaming pile of crud.

over a year ago

"The ECHR do"

Is that your "gotcha"?. I'm not disputing that.

What I mean is, Tories judge Labour politicians to a higher standard than they judge their own.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The ECHR do

What I mean is, Tories judge Labour politicians to a higher standard than they judge their own.

"

What tories fail to mention Is that their party wouldnt even allow an investigation into their own 'issues'whilst labour instigated theirs.

over a year ago

"Like most Politian's Burnham is an opportunist and delivers a brand of hindsight and envy politics. In the good times he`s delivering in the bad times its Thatcher's fault.

Although, Starmer, Sturgeon, Blackford and Khan are even worse!!!Shamelessly conducting political manoeuvres through this horrendous crisis.

Khan and Sturgeon both had to have COBRA access limited as they constantly leaked information, and or delivered the policy briefed from Westminster in advance of the government. Sturgeon did this twice, making out London briefed policy was indeed her own internal policy. Basically she stole Bumbling Bo Jos homework.

Sturgeon would tweak language/ definitions, maybe ad or remove the odd policy from direct Westminster policy. Then deliver her “independent” approach, suggesting Scotland had "diverged" from UK policy.

"

I doubt he cares what a man from the south east thinks, he is well liked and respected by the majority of the people in greater Manchester?

over a year ago

"The ECHR do

What tories fail to mention Is that their party wouldnt even allow an investigation into their own 'issues'whilst labour instigated theirs."

As if Labour had a choice. I'm not a Tory though, I voted for them to keep the alternative out, which last time was the party of racism, fiscal incompetence and lack of respect for democracy, ie the Labour Party

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The ECHR do

What tories fail to mention Is that their party wouldnt even allow an investigation into their own 'issues'whilst labour instigated theirs.

As if Labour had a choice. I'm not a Tory though, I voted for them to keep the alternative out, which last time was the party of racism, fiscal incompetence and lack of respect for democracy, ie the Labour Party "

Well the Tories did as they blocked it..I wonder why?

Racism..fiscal incompetence..respect for democracy..I'm sorry ..are we still taking about labour here?

over a year ago

"The ECHR do

As if Labour had a choice. I'm not a Tory though, I voted for them to keep the alternative out, which last time was the party of racism, fiscal incompetence and lack of respect for democracy, ie the Labour Party

Racism..fiscal incompetence..respect for democracy..I'm sorry ..are we still taking about labour here?"

The Tories blocked what? How can they block a ECHR investigation? And yep, that's why the people rejected them, because of one or all three

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

I doubt he cares what a man from the south east thinks, he is well liked and respected by the majority of the people in greater Manchester? "

he’s a northerner and if he was labours leader right now I think they would walk the next GE

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"The ECHR do

Racism..fiscal incompetence..respect for democracy..I'm sorry ..are we still taking about labour here?

The Tories blocked what? How can they block a ECHR investigation? And yep, that's why the people rejected them, because of one or all three"

Lack of respect for democracy.. like peroguing parliament,or threatrnimg to break international law,or blacklisting journalists, or surpressing reports into foreign collusion and bullying,or punishing mps in your own party for not voting as you wish.

Aye a beacon of democracy

By *lay 4 u OP   Man
over a year ago

bolton

"I think we can apply the ‘Boris won the election with an 80 seat majority ‘ logic (that I here from Tory voters when defending Boris) with Andy Burnham. He easily won the mayoral election and he will easily get re elected . The vast majority of voters and the people of greater Manchester like and support him, and at the end of the day that is all that matters "
I've yet to meet anyone with a good word for him. Nor have I met anyone who voted for him or had the chance to vote. Also seem to remember the good people of Manchester saying they didn't want a elected mayor.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I think we can apply the ‘Boris won the election with an 80 seat majority ‘ logic (that I here from Tory voters when defending Boris) with Andy Burnham. He easily won the mayoral election and he will easily get re elected . The vast majority of voters and the people of greater Manchester like and support him, and at the end of the day that is all that matters I've yet to meet anyone with a good word for him. Nor have I met anyone who voted for him or had the chance to vote. Also seem to remember the good people of Manchester saying they didn't want a elected mayor. "

You have now..he Is great and made boris look like a fool.

Yet they elected him?

How weird.

By *lay 4 u OP   Man
over a year ago

bolton

There's always one.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"There's always one. "

And presumably the many who voted for him

over a year ago

"I think we can apply the ‘Boris won the election with an 80 seat majority ‘ logic (that I here from Tory voters when defending Boris) with Andy Burnham. He easily won the mayoral election and he will easily get re elected . The vast majority of voters and the people of greater Manchester like and support him, and at the end of the day that is all that matters I've yet to meet anyone with a good word for him. Nor have I met anyone who voted for him or had the chance to vote. Also seem to remember the good people of Manchester saying they didn't want a elected mayor. "

Andy Burnham votes 359,352, 63.4 %. You should get out more often, or maybe get some friends in the area

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I think we can apply the ‘Boris won the election with an 80 seat majority ‘ logic (that I here from Tory voters when defending Boris) with Andy Burnham. He easily won the mayoral election and he will easily get re elected . The vast majority of voters and the people of greater Manchester like and support him, and at the end of the day that is all that matters I've yet to meet anyone with a good word for him. Nor have I met anyone who voted for him or had the chance to vote. Also seem to remember the good people of Manchester saying they didn't want a elected mayor.

Andy Burnham votes 359,352, 63.4 %. You should get out more often, or maybe get some friends in the area

"

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I think we can apply the ‘Boris won the election with an 80 seat majority ‘ logic (that I here from Tory voters when defending Boris) with Andy Burnham. He easily won the mayoral election and he will easily get re elected . The vast majority of voters and the people of greater Manchester like and support him, and at the end of the day that is all that matters "

And he us a great champion for the people of Manchester. I admire him.

over a year ago

"I think we can apply the ‘Boris won the election with an 80 seat majority ‘ logic (that I here from Tory voters when defending Boris) with Andy Burnham. He easily won the mayoral election and he will easily get re elected . The vast majority of voters and the people of greater Manchester like and support him, and at the end of the day that is all that matters

And he us a great champion for the people of Manchester. I admire him. "

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree,

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

"I think we can apply the ‘Boris won the election with an 80 seat majority ‘ logic (that I here from Tory voters when defending Boris) with Andy Burnham. He easily won the mayoral election and he will easily get re elected . The vast majority of voters and the people of greater Manchester like and support him, and at the end of the day that is all that matters

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree, "

if only he was labour leader with nandy as deputy eh

over a year ago

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree, if only he was labour leader with nandy as deputy eh "

Maybe, unfortunately I don’t think he would win a GE, I know Starmer has his critics but I think he has a better chance at getting elected than Burnham.

By *lay 4 u OP   Man
over a year ago

bolton

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree, "

almost 3 million people in greater manchester hargly overwhelming

over a year ago

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree, almost 3 million people in greater manchester hargly overwhelming "

Hargly?

over a year ago

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree, almost 3 million people in greater manchester hargly overwhelming "

Did you vote to leave the EU?

over a year ago

Starmer has no chance of getting elected. Nandy would be twice as popular but her chances would be zero also. I don't think people understand how far labour have sunk

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree, if only he was labour leader with nandy as deputy eh

Maybe, unfortunately I don’t think he would win a GE, I know Starmer has his critics but I think he has a better chance at getting elected than Burnham. "

nar can’t see it I’ll voter for starmer but I don’t think many in north will trust him

over a year ago

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree, if only he was labour leader with nandy as deputy eh

Maybe, unfortunately I don’t think he would win a GE, I know Starmer has his critics but I think he has a better chance at getting elected than Burnham. nar can’t see it I’ll voter for starmer but I don’t think many in north will trust him "

Maybe, let’s see how the next 4 years pan out? A week is a long time in politics, 4 years is a life time

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Did he win?

By *lay 4 u OP   Man
over a year ago

bolton

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree, almost 3 million people in greater manchester hargly overwhelming

Hargly? "

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Maybe, unfortunately I don’t think he would win a GE, I know Starmer has his critics but I think he has a better chance at getting elected than Burnham. nar can’t see it I’ll voter for starmer but I don’t think many in north will trust him "

Yep the fickwits trusted bj

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Maybe, unfortunately I don’t think he would win a GE, I know Starmer has his critics but I think he has a better chance at getting elected than Burnham. nar can’t see it I’ll voter for starmer but I don’t think many in north will trust him

Maybe, let’s see how the next 4 years pan out? A week is a long time in politics, 4 years is a life time "

9 yrs is even longer if he loses next ge which I think he will they despatetly need the northern voters back and just don’t think he’s the man to get them

over a year ago

Maybe, unfortunately I don’t think he would win a GE, I know Starmer has his critics but I think he has a better chance at getting elected than Burnham. nar can’t see it I’ll voter for starmer but I don’t think many in north will trust him

Maybe, let’s see how the next 4 years pan out? A week is a long time in politics, 4 years is a life time 9 yrs is even longer if he loses next ge which I think he will they despatetly need the northern voters back and just don’t think he’s the man to get them "

You could be right, he has only been labour leader for a year though , plenty of time

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

Maybe, let’s see how the next 4 years pan out? A week is a long time in politics, 4 years is a life time 9 yrs is even longer if he loses next ge which I think he will they despatetly need the northern voters back and just don’t think he’s the man to get them

You could be right, he has only been labour leader for a year though , plenty of time "

do you really think he can win back the northern votes that Corbyn lost ? Don’t you think we needed a northern leader like nandy?

over a year ago

Maybe, let’s see how the next 4 years pan out? A week is a long time in politics, 4 years is a life time 9 yrs is even longer if he loses next ge which I think he will they despatetly need the northern voters back and just don’t think he’s the man to get them

You could be right, he has only been labour leader for a year though , plenty of time do you really think he can win back the northern votes that Corbyn lost ? Don’t you think we needed a northern leader like nandy?"

I don’t know, do you think you will vote Tory again??

By *oxychick35Couple
over a year ago

thornaby

You could be right, he has only been labour leader for a year though , plenty of time do you really think he can win back the northern votes that Corbyn lost ? Don’t you think we needed a northern leader like nandy?

I don’t know, do you think you will vote Tory again??"

me doubt it it was Brexit and Corbyn done it for me but was pissed of when starmer won I’m not 100% I’ll wait and see

over a year ago

You could be right, he has only been labour leader for a year though , plenty of time do you really think he can win back the northern votes that Corbyn lost ? Don’t you think we needed a northern leader like nandy?

I don’t know, do you think you will vote Tory again?? me doubt it it was Brexit and Corbyn done it for me but was pissed of when starmer won I’m not 100% I’ll wait and see "

Fair enough,

By *lay 4 u OP   Man
over a year ago

bolton

Exactly, the majority of people in Manchester agree, almost 3 million people in greater manchester hargly overwhelming

Hargly? "

sorry ill explain I meant to say hardly. And your comment on this massive landslide victory you mentioned earlier. I just wonder why you have such an interest in the Manchester mayor?. Surly you have enough problems of your own in Liverpool.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Hargly? sorry ill explain I meant to say hardly. And your comment on this massive landslide victory you mentioned earlier. I just wonder why you have such an interest in the Manchester mayor?. Surly you have enough problems of your own in Liverpool. "

I domt thing fab lives in liverpool?

Post new Message to Thread