Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

eu finally to get the vaccine

Jump to newest

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

seems it now been approved and should roll out sunday if the eu commission agree to it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"seems it now been approved and should roll out sunday if the eu commission agree to it."
The EU only one country to moan and thousands die what a great institution

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Fer goodness sake, the EU Commission?

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

was just watching it on france 24 and it seems the that the reason no one in the eu used their emergency powers to give the vaccine early as the uk did was because their governments would have been liable to be sued if anything went wrong.Now the european medical agency has approved it the companies producing it are liable.

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Fer goodness sake, the EU Commission? "
yes the european medical agency recommends conditional approval but its up to the commission to give the go ahead.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"was just watching it on france 24 and it seems the that the reason no one in the eu used their emergency powers to give the vaccine early as the uk did was because their governments would have been liable to be sued if anything went wrong.Now the european medical agency has approved it the companies producing it are liable. "

Is that a bad move?

over a year ago

"seems it now been approved and should roll out sunday if the eu commission agree to it."

Well done to the EU, I just hope that the UK can still get enough doses next year, it’s not looking good atm.

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"was just watching it on france 24 and it seems the that the reason no one in the eu used their emergency powers to give the vaccine early as the uk did was because their governments would have been liable to be sued if anything went wrong.Now the european medical agency has approved it the companies producing it are liable.

Is that a bad move?"

no suppose not if you are happy for more people to get it while you wait to save a possible law suit.

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

"seems it now been approved and should roll out sunday if the eu commission agree to it.

Well done to the EU, I just hope that the UK can still get enough doses next year, it’s not looking good atm. "

The oxford one will be rolled out very soon mate dont worry.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"was just watching it on france 24 and it seems the that the reason no one in the eu used their emergency powers to give the vaccine early as the uk did was because their governments would have been liable to be sued if anything went wrong.Now the european medical agency has approved it the companies producing it are liable.

Is that a bad move?no suppose not if you are happy for more people to get it while you wait to save a possible law suit. "

I posed it as a question..suppose only time will tell.

Dont you think medical companies should be accountable?

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Is that a bad move?no suppose not if you are happy for more people to get it while you wait to save a possible law suit.

I posed it as a question..suppose only time will tell.

Dont you think medical companies should be accountable?

"

yes

over a year ago

"seems it now been approved and should roll out sunday if the eu commission agree to it.

Well done to the EU, I just hope that the UK can still get enough doses next year, it’s not looking good atm. The oxford one will be rolled out very soon mate dont worry."

‘Very soon’ ? a bit vague,

over a year ago

Where is this amazing new vaccine being manufactured?

over a year ago

80 million of the 100 million doses of the Astrazeneca vaccine already ordered by the government will be made in the UK

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

Where is this amazing new vaccine being manufactured? "

I did see they hope to start by 29th dec but its not confirmed, thats why i was a bit vague i know how a few of you on here like to pick holes in anything positive.

over a year ago

Where is this amazing new vaccine being manufactured? I did see they hope to start by 29th dec but its not confirmed, thats why i was a bit vague i know how a few of you on here like to pick holes in anything positive. "

I am confused, why did you start this thread? Btw, how many people in the UK have had the EUs vaccine

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

I started it as it was breaking news on france 24 anything wrong with that or do we need permission to start a thread now?

over a year ago

"I started it as it was breaking news on france 24 anything wrong with that or do we need permission to start a thread now?"

Permission granted

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

keep up its the pfizer vaccine not the eu,s ? do they even have one?

over a year ago

"keep up its the pfizer vaccine not the eu,s ? do they even have one?"

I knew you would bite on that one , the vaccine that was developed and manufactured in the EU? I am sure the EU members will get priority on orders

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

"keep up its the pfizer vaccine not the eu,s ? do they even have one?

I knew you would bite on that one , the vaccine that was developed and manufactured in the EU? I am sure the EU members will get priority on orders "

Doesn't work like that.

The EU do not "own" this vaccine.

Pfizer will manufacture and supply as per delivery schedules agreed in contracts.

Did the EU ore-order any supplies, or are they just putting their orders in now?

over a year ago

I knew you would bite on that one , the vaccine that was developed and manufactured in the EU? I am sure the EU members will get priority on orders

Doesn't work like that.

Pfizer will manufacture and supply as per delivery schedules agreed in contracts.

Did the EU ore-order any supplies, or are they just putting their orders in now? "

I never said the EU ‘owns the vaccine’ , who gets priority when ordering the Oxford vaccine ?

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Doesn't work like that.

Did the EU ore-order any supplies, or are they just putting their orders in now?

I never said the EU ‘owns the vaccine’ , who gets priority when ordering the Oxford vaccine ? "

Whoever has got their orders in!

over a year ago

Doesn't work like that.

I never said the EU ‘owns the vaccine’ , who gets priority when ordering the Oxford vaccine ?

Whoever has got their orders in! "

Really? So if the UK want 60 million orders and Germany want 60 million then they get delivered at the same time

over a year ago

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Doesn't work like that.

Really? So if the UK want 60 million orders and Germany want 60 million then they get delivered at the same time "

I'm not sure if you are being obtuse, or if you don't understand how business works?

Delivery schedules are built into contracts. These are negotiated by purchasing departments and their commercial departments.

Supply will be as per these contracts.

over a year ago

Doesn't work like that.

Really? So if the UK want 60 million orders and Germany want 60 million then they get delivered at the same time

I'm not sure if you are being obtuse, or if you don't understand how business works?

Delivery schedules are built into contracts. These are negotiated by purchasing departments and their commercial departments.

Supply will be as per these contracts. "

I will hold my hands up and admit I got this wrong, I was under the wrong impression that the EU nations would get their ordered supplies of Pfizer’s vaccines quicker than we would in the UK

due to the UK not being in the EU and the logistics involves

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

You only need to read the media reporting of the Der Spiegel analysis to see the EU have messed up their vaccine procurement.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Doesn't work like that.

I will hold my hands up and admit I got this wrong, I was under the wrong impression that the EU nations would get their ordered supplies of Pfizer’s vaccines quicker than we would in the UK

due to the UK not being in the EU and the logistics involves "

Its ok. We are all learning from these situations.

Can you imagine the outcry if, say the Belgians, ordered Pfizer to hand over all the vaccine just because the factory is in their country?

over a year ago

Doesn't work like that.

due to the UK not being in the EU and the logistics involves

Its ok. We are all learning from these situations.

Can you imagine the outcry if, say the Belgians, ordered Pfizer to hand over all the vaccine just because the factory is in their country?

"

True, and the same would apply with the Oxford vaccine, every day is a school day

By *obka3Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

I'm not sure it is right that the companies carry liability for these vaccines, the whole world is relying on these companies and as long as the trials have been reported honestly and the regulators have done their job properly any problems should hopefully be minor and very rare so very unlikely to have been discovered in the short time scale. Would people rather wait the normal time these things take or take the very small risk.

over a year ago

The EU have negotiated to get the Pfizer vaccine at €10 less per dose than the UK. Turns out, the bigger your market, the better deals you can strike. Who knew?

By *teveuk77Man
over a year ago

uk

The EU have negotiated to get the Pfizer vaccine at €10 less per dose than the UK. Turns out, the bigger your market, the better deals you can strike. Who knew?"

You're not joking either! UK price $20 and EU price $14.76.

So come on Brexiters, how can the UK negotiate trade deals on the same terms as the EU let alone better?

By *teveuk77Man
over a year ago

uk

The EU have negotiated to get the Pfizer vaccine at €10 less per dose than the UK. Turns out, the bigger your market, the better deals you can strike. Who knew?

So come on Brexiters, how can the UK negotiate trade deals on the same terms as the EU let alone better? "

Note: perhaps a little confusion on the difference in costs. Either way, EU are paying less.

over a year ago

Maybe they just got a cheaper price per dose as they ordered a far larger quantity than the UK did, works like that when you bulk buy any product so I cant see why this would differ. The main thing is at least we are already on the road to vaccinating our vulnerable ands that's a good thing for everyone no matter if you are a leavers or a remainer.

By *teveuk77Man
over a year ago

uk

"Maybe they just got a cheaper price per dose as they ordered a far larger quantity than the UK did, works like that when you bulk buy any product so I cant see why this would differ. The main thing is at least we are already on the road to vaccinating our vulnerable ands that's a good thing for everyone no matter if you are a leavers or a remainer."

Yes, and I wonder if the EU price would have been even cheaper if, say for example, nearly 70m people hadn't left because of 17.4m brainwashed idiots?

over a year ago

"Maybe they just got a cheaper price per dose as they ordered a far larger quantity than the UK did, works like that when you bulk buy any product so I cant see why this would differ. The main thing is at least we are already on the road to vaccinating our vulnerable ands that's a good thing for everyone no matter if you are a leavers or a remainer.

Yes, and I wonder if the EU price would have been even cheaper if, say for example, nearly 70m people hadn't left because of 17.4m brainwashed idiots? "

Ask a brainwashed idiot maybe, I only care about people loosing there lives mate, i am glad we have got it and are rolling it out to save vulnerable people's lives.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

So come on Brexiters, how can the UK negotiate trade deals on the same terms as the EU let alone better? "

Not sure where you are getting your figures from!

The UK is believed to be paying 16.46 EU per dose, the EU paying 15.50 EU per dose.

And now we find out that the Belgians have done a direct deal to buy at 14 EU per dose! Needless to say, this hasn't gone down well in the EU.

Price can vary due to volume ordered, leadtimes, downpayments, and final payment terms. Nothing untoward at all in business and procurenent.

By *ostafun OP   Man
over a year ago

near ipswich

So come on Brexiters, how can the UK negotiate trade deals on the same terms as the EU let alone better?

The UK is believed to be paying 16.46 EU per dose, the EU paying 15.50 EU per dose.

And now we find out that the Belgians have done a direct deal to buy at 14 EU per dose! Needless to say, this hasn't gone down well in the EU.

Price can vary due to volume ordered, leadtimes, downpayments, and final payment terms. Nothing untoward at all in business and procurenent. "

What a small country like Belgium getting it cheaper than the mighty eu how can this be? so many people on here telling us this cannot happen.

over a year ago

"Maybe they just got a cheaper price per dose as they ordered a far larger quantity than the UK did, works like that when you bulk buy any product so I cant see why this would differ. The main thing is at least we are already on the road to vaccinating our vulnerable ands that's a good thing for everyone no matter if you are a leavers or a remainer.

Yes, and I wonder if the EU price would have been even cheaper if, say for example, nearly 70m people hadn't left because of 17.4m brainwashed idiots? "

Thanks to those brainwashed idiots some of the 16m have already received the vaccine. How's the rollout going for EU members?

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Price can vary due to volume ordered, leadtimes, downpayments, and final payment terms. Nothing untoward at all in business and procurenent. What a small country like Belgium getting it cheaper than the mighty eu how can this be? so many people on here telling us this cannot happen. "

Not sure but its caused a bit of a stink. Not least that these contracts are supposed to be confidential.

over a year ago

Price can vary due to volume ordered, leadtimes, downpayments, and final payment terms. Nothing untoward at all in business and procurenent. What a small country like Belgium getting it cheaper than the mighty eu how can this be? so many people on here telling us this cannot happen.

Not sure but its caused a bit of a stink. Not least that these contracts are supposed to be confidential.

"

Where are you getting the UK cost? I can only find a $20 figure (The Sun)(First Post)(Independent)

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Price can vary due to volume ordered, leadtimes, downpayments, and final payment terms. Nothing untoward at all in business and procurenent. What a small country like Belgium getting it cheaper than the mighty eu how can this be? so many people on here telling us this cannot happen.

Where are you getting the UK cost? I can only find a $20 figure (The Sun)(First Post)(Independent)"

20 dollars is around 16.4 EU.

over a year ago

Price can vary due to volume ordered, leadtimes, downpayments, and final payment terms. Nothing untoward at all in business and procurenent. "

You seem to have confused the Belgian Price too all other figures seem to suggest 12 euros?

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Price can vary due to volume ordered, leadtimes, downpayments, and final payment terms. Nothing untoward at all in business and procurenent.

You seem to have confused the Belgian Price too all other figures seem to suggest 12 euros?"

Yes, just about to post that correction. Belguim 12 EU, the EU Bloc 15.50 EU and the UK 16.45 EU.

Reuters have some good info on it all.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/12/20 12:56:59]

By *uwwwMan
over a year ago

south birmingham

Price can vary due to volume ordered, leadtimes, downpayments, and final payment terms. Nothing untoward at all in business and procurenent. What a small country like Belgium getting it cheaper than the mighty eu how can this be? so many people on here telling us this cannot happen. "

"What a small country like Belgium getting it cheaper than the mighty eu how can this be? so many people on here telling us this cannot happen."

-a better deal and still a member? so youre telling us we neednt have left to be able to negotiate deals that are worse than the eu's? dude, even if leaving was a good idea, this bunch of idiots are just crap at everything except getting voted for and this whole covid saga has proven how useless they are and in no way capable of organising and negotiating a good brexit.

over a year ago

"What a small country like Belgium getting it cheaper than the mighty eu how can this be? so many people on here telling us this cannot happen."

-a better deal and still a member? so youre telling us we neednt have left to be able to negotiate deals that are worse than the eu's? dude, even if leaving was a good idea, this bunch of idiots are just crap at everything except getting voted for and this whole covid saga has proven how useless they are and in no way capable of organising and negotiating a good brexit. "

Who's had the vaccine in Belgium?

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

Well done to the EU, I just hope that the UK can still get enough doses next year, it’s not looking good atm. "

That is my worry will we get the vaccine we need the dates are being but back acording to the calculator

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Well done to the EU, I just hope that the UK can still get enough doses next year, it’s not looking good atm. That is my worry will we get the vaccine we need the dates are being but back acording to the calculator"

We will get our vaccines, exactly as per any contract we have signed. Any possible delays will be due to manufacturing issues, not political ones.

Pfizer have said that they are willing to cut prices to supply the poorer nations.

Should the Astra/Oxford vaccine be approved, then that is said to be a fifth of the cost of Pfzier.

Post new Message to Thread